Darth Bane vs Cade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Haven't found this yet - and I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't been done yet.

Fight takes place on top of Coruscant skyscrapers.

Equipment and morals are standard.

NewGuy01
It's been done, yeah.

SunRazer
Well I expected it to be done, and I couldn't find it anywhere on Google. So... eh.

New setting, lol. Let's do it again.

carthage
Bane takes this one.

FreshestSlice
Cade.

Trocity
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Cade.

Emperordmb
Bane.

Stigma
Bane is too unpredictable, but Cade is too Skywalker.... Cade wins

EmperorSidious2
In sabers if say bane takes it possibly

Force- whoever gets this edge it won't be by a huge margin. However slight or wide I'd say Cade gets the force edge.

All out- bane as his skills are much better with the blade probably and he could close the force gap, however I am wary of dark transfer.

FreshestSlice
The gap in skill between Bane and Cade isn't that large, and Case has a clear Force edge. I'm also assuming this is RoT Bane, which puts him at a clear disadvantage.

Nephthys
How?

FreshestSlice
Well, pretending I'm not talking to you, Cade's lightning is much stronger than the jolt Bane used to fry himself. He should have trouble being able to use it or Dark Transfer to fry one of the weakest Banite Sith there is.

Nephthys
Really? The orbalisks had already absorbed over a million volts earlier in the book. Each electrostaff had enough charge to fry a bantha and Bane got hit by like 6 of them without issue. Bane's lightning completely toasted himself. You'll need to give me something to show Cade's lightning is better than Bane's. Also Bane can block lightning. That's still a thing that people can do. erm

And RoT Bane had the perfect counter to Dark Transfer with his instant regeneration. If Cade tries it on Bane it'll probably just make him mad.

ares834
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Cade.

carthage
Do his orbalisks count as standard equipment?

Bane doesn't have a chance without a nexus or orbalisks

Nephthys
Well I'm fairly sure Bane is considerably better versed in the Force than Cade but essentially yes he can certainly challenge and defeat Cade.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Really? The orbalisks had already absorbed over a million volts earlier in the book. Each electrostaff had enough charge to fry a bantha and Bane got hit by like 6 of them without issue.
Are you implying that an electrostaff is more powerful than even the most basic Force Lightning?

Bane's Lightning is nowhere near impressive, where as Cade has fried Sith and used it with Dark Transfer and Shadowpoint. Or are you implying that Bane's Lightning is more powerful than Dark Transfer(which is essentially specialized Lightning) and Shatterpoint? It's not like Bane is so powerful Cade can't get in close.

It's not like the ability to block Lightning is guaranteed. The fact that Cade's produced it in such wide areas before makes me doubt Bane could just negate it with a lightsaber.

The ****? No, he'd just die. Dark Transfer isn't the same as being slashed on the wrists. The hell is this?

Nephthys

NewGuy01
Except it doesn't need to hurt Bane, it just needs to kill the Orbalisks, and they'll kill Bane. thumb up

Nephthys
There's no reason Dark Transfer would be effective against orbalisks. Protected by their shells, they've never been injured. Not even old scars would be available.

Also I'd say that if he's conscious and unharmed, Bane can try to nullify the toxins with the technique he learned from Revan's holocron.

ares834

Nephthys
He also regenerated from the drexl crash. And I wouldn't say DT does more damage than a lightsaber blow. It just opens up a bunch of small injuries, look at what he did to Talon. Even tons of tiny injuries shouldn't be that big of a deal for his regen.

It's not like he'd be able to actually do it for very long before Bane retaliates.

ares834
Pretty sure he wasn't trying to quickly kill her there but rather show Krayt what he can do. We've seen it used to heal ridiculous amounts of stuff so presumably it could destroy just as much.

But, yeah, I've always thought the technique was never as useful in battle as most people make it out to be. I doubt it's going to be the determining factor.

NewGuy01
It works like shatterpoint, it doesn't just attack where previous injuries were, but any weak point in general. thumb up He'll kill them from the inside out, and their shells won't protect them from that.

SunRazer
The Orbalisks haven't been hurt before because nobody has enacted Shatterpoint on them before. The Muur Talisman was also unharmed by lightsaber strikes, yet Shatterpoint could find plenty of flaws in its design.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer
The Orbalisks haven't been hurt before because nobody has enacted Shatterpoint on them before. The Muur Talisman was also unharmed by lightsaber strikes, yet Shatterpoint could find plenty of flaws in its design.

This. thumb up Excellent example.

That said, Cade<Orbalisk Bane, being honest.

Stigma
I assumed this is a non-Orbalisk Bane as it's not his standard equipment tbh.

SunRazer
Yeah, Orbalisks aren't standard equipment. To be considered standard, I generally think of equipment as having to have been with the character in question for a majority of their fights.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.