Namora vs Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
By the sea.

Who wins?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by cdtm
By the sea.

Who wins?

If it's current Gamora, it's not a fight.

cdtm
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
If it's current Gamora, it's not a fight.

Why, is she weakened or something?

Go with a good version, then. Say, the one that fought Ronan.

zopzop
Namora.

carver9
I think Namora is too much.

Tony Stark
Gamora in a STOMP

Supermutant
*amora wins

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Supermutant
*amora wins

http://www.lolroflmao.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

basilisk
Meh... Amora could beat Namora and Gamora.

Blue Area Vet
Why, is she weakened or something?

Go with a good version, then. Say, the one that fought Ronan.

No, she's upgraded.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/51540b7fb6e94da42eab167a682dbb7d/tumblr_nj9rciJzMq1rwc430o1_r2_500.png

cdtm
Woah.

What is she, a herald of Galactus now?

Blue Area Vet
Woah.

What is she, a herald of Galactus now?

Transformed by the Black Vortex, one of three who chose to keep the power. Complete beast.

carver9
Thought she lost that upgrade. Did she keep it?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
Thought she lost that upgrade. Did she keep it?

Yes. And I believe she may have destroyed the populatio of a planet in battle.

DarkSaint85
Yes. And I believe she may have destroyed the populatio of a planet in battle.

Not just any planet.

The Chitauri. She kept her upgrade (this is to carver, btw). She's waaaay up there.

basilisk
Transformed by the Black Vortex, one of three who chose to keep the power. Complete beast.

Yes. And I believe she may have destroyed the populatio of a planet in battle. Why do they keep ruining these characters? Does giving Gamora planet busting power in any way improve the character or lead to her getting better stories? Quite the opposite IMO. Just feats, feats, feats.

Stoic
Originally posted by basilisk
Why do they keep ruining these characters? Does giving Gamora planet busting power in any way improve the character or lead to her getting better stories? Quite the opposite IMO. Just feats, feats, feats.

Based on feats Gamora would kick Namora's butt. Namora fought it out with Ms. marvel, and won after a prolonged fight, while Gamora took on the She Hulk, and Rogue at the same time and beat them both.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by basilisk
Why do they keep ruining these characters? Does giving Gamora planet busting power in any way improve the character or lead to her getting better stories? Quite the opposite IMO. Just feats, feats, feats.

Who knows, maybe to shut up Wonder Woman fans on KMC.

Stoic
Who knows, maybe to shut up Wonder Woman fans on KMC.

Even without the Black Vortex upgrade Gamora more than likely wins this. Who has Namora actually fought seriously? Gamora took on Angela, and I honestly don't believe that Namora would be able to hold her own against Angela the way that Gamora did.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
Even without the Black Vortex upgrade Gamora more than likely wins this. Who has Namora actually fought seriously? Gamora took on Angela, and I honestly don't believe that Namora would be able to hold her own against Angela the way that Gamora did.

I believe you are right unless Namora manages to get Gamora in water. Normal Gamor that is. Current Gamora would utterly wreck Namora.

Mike82

Gamora lost to Angela by the way. Namora has held her own against Thor and Hulk and one-shotted Ms Marvel. Gamora couldn't do that.

Stoic
I believe you are right unless Namora manages to get Gamora in water. Normal Gamor that is. Current Gamora would utterly wreck Namora.

In water would be an unfair advantage, but I wouldn't give her the win even if she had a hydrating suit on for the match. Gamora is too fast, too agile and too good a fighter. She is also very undersold even with her track record.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mike82
Gamora lost to Angela by the way. Namora has held her own against Thor and Hulk and one-shotted Ms Marvel. Gamora couldn't do that.

The match was not over by the way. Namora did no such thing as one shot Carol. On the other hand Gamora one shot Rogue, and the She Hulk, clowning them both with superior fighting skill. Namora had a competitive match with Ms. Marvel.

Blue Area Vet
In water would be an unfair advantage, but I wouldn't give her the win even if she had a hydrating suit on for the match. Gamora is too fast, too agile and too good a fighter. She is also very undersold even with her track record.

I agree with that, but she suffers from the same disease Thor, Bolt and others are suffering from since Disney took over Marvel, the Weak Sauce Virus.

Stoic
I agree with that, but she suffers from the same disease Thor, Bolt and others are suffering from since Disney took over Marvel, the Weak Sauce Virus.

You mean when she was poisoned and one shot by She Hulk?

Blue Area Vet
You mean when she was poisoned and one shot by She Hulk?

And struggled with that Kree assassain. Pathetic!

Stoic
And struggled with that Kree assassain. Pathetic!

You mean the assassin that was augmented? The one that shot her in the back with a laser when she didn't expect it? There are low showings for all characters, and the more appearances a character has, the more chances they have of suffering from those same low showings from virtual unknowns. Allow Namora to have several hundred showings, and we will likely see Spider man, or someone that we never imagined giving her a rough time. it's just how comics are. Captain America floored the Hulk, a guy capable of taking a full on hit from Thor hitting him with Mjolnir.

Blue Area Vet
You mean the assassin that was augmented? The one that shot her in the back with a laser when she didn't expect it? There are low showings for all characters, and the more appearances a character has, the more chances they have of suffering from those same low showings from virtual unknowns. Allow Namora to have several hundred showings, and we will likely see Spider man, or someone that we never imagined giving her a rough time. it's just how comics are. Captain America floored the Hulk, a guy capable of taking a full on hit from Thor hitting him with Mjolnir.

I agree with all of that, but her very essence is different. Did you see how she conceded defeat? Would have NEVER happened in years past. But your point about Namora is legit. Remember Red Hulk's 15 minutes of fame?

Stoic
I agree with all of that, but her very essence is different. Did you see how she conceded defeat? Would have NEVER happened in years past. But your point about Namora is legit. Remember Red Hulk's 15 minutes of fame?

Exactly, and then he came back to beat the Hulk into the dirt again. looks like Rulk was only allowed to use his powers against the Hulk, because if not, it would mean that Wonder Man would beat the brakes off of Doc Green. We both know that would never happen.

Mike82
The match was not over by the way. Namora did no such thing as one shot Carol. On the other hand Gamora one shot Rogue, and the She Hulk, clowning them both with superior fighting skill. Namora had a competitive match with Ms. Marvel.

Namora was dry for most of the fight, but even then she was strong enough to overwhelm and pin Ms Marvel to the ground. Carol soon got the upper hand with her energy blasts, but after Namora got wet, she punched Carol, and she went airborne. Carol had a bloody nose and was barely conscious. Gamora might beat Namora out of water, but there's no way she's beating her in the water.

Stoic
Namora was dry for most of the fight, but even then she was strong enough to overwhelm and pin Ms Marvel to the ground. Carol soon got the upper hand with her energy blasts, but after Namora got wet, she punched Carol, and she went airborne. Carol had a bloody nose and was barely conscious. Gamora might beat Namora out of water, but there's no way she's beating her in the water.

In the water as i said is an unfair advantage.

Mike82
In the water as i said is an unfair advantage.

Namora wasn't in the water. Sea water was just pouring on her.

Genii96
Namora would beat pre upgrade gamora,unless she is dehydrated. Namora's strength pinned ms marvel to the ground when dry,once hydrated she 2 shotted ms marvel.

Stoic
Originally posted by Genii96
Namora would beat pre upgrade gamora,unless she is dehydrated. Namora's strength pinned ms marvel to the ground when dry,once hydrated she 2 shotted ms marvel.

And Gamora one shot KO'd both Rogue, and She Hulk leaving the latter stunned on the ground. If Gamora wanted to kill either, or both, she would have been able to. meanwhile Carol gave Namora a fight, and it wasn't the overwhelming beating that some are alluding to. Should I remind you that strength isn't everything, and that Rogue at one point was just as strong as Carol? Well guess what? She Hulk is rated as being stronger than both. That didn't stop the one shots from being passed around though, not to mention that Gamora isn't exactly a weakling under many writers pens.

Namora wasn't in the water. Sea water was just pouring on her.

Your previous comment made it sound like "if they were submerged in Water", not sprinkled with it. Again strength only goes so far, and Gamora isn't a weakling. Namora beat Carol after a prolonged exchange. What do you think is more impressive? Gamora one shotting Rogue, and She Hulk, or Namora eventually beating Ms. Marvel who happens to be as strong as classic Rogue was? You do know that Rogue was capable of punching people into orbit as well right? Also I read the fight between Namora and Ms Marvel. Don't know why you or anyone would think that the showing was more impressive than Gamora beating the two that I mentioned?

h1a8
Based on feats Gamora would kick Namora's butt. Namora fought it out with Ms. marvel, and won after a prolonged fight, while Gamora took on the She Hulk, and Rogue at the same time and beat them both. That wasn't a good fight. She hit rogue but didn't do much damage. She Hulk telegraphed by talking, causing both Gamora to hear her and move out of the way. This made she hulk hit rogue away. She hulk got distracted by saying sorry. Gamora cheapshotted her by kicking her (strongest attack) in the stomach (softest part).
Neither was one shot or koed.
Plus that's when she hulk was much weaker than today. That fight isn't very impressive to sway us on believing that she can beat Namora

Mike82

Your previous comment made it sound like "if they were submerged in Water", not sprinkled with it. Again strength only goes so far, and Gamora isn't a weakling. Namora beat Carol after a prolonged exchange. What do you think is more impressive? Gamora one shotting Rogue, and She Hulk, or Namora eventually beating Ms. Marvel who happens to be as strong as classic Rogue was? You do know that Rogue was capable of punching people into orbit as well right? Also I read the fight between Namora and Ms Marvel. Don't know why you or anyone would think that the showing was more impressive than Gamora beating the two that I mentioned?

Ms Marvel is actually stonger than Rogue. Rogue at her base level is rated at 50 tons. Ms Marvel is around 70 tons. Also, Rogue doesn't have any energy powers. Had Rogue fought Namora, Namora would have beaten her while she was still dry unless she tried to absorb her powers. Based off what I've seen, I'd say Gamora is a weakling compared to a soaking wet Namora.

Gamora's whole thing is fighting skill over brute force. TBH, I find the whole taking out opponents with pressure points to be a bit boring and silly for a comic book fight. Ms Marvel vs Namora was more about brute force, and yes Namora knocking a character as powerful and strong as Ms Marvel around like a rag doll after she got a little wet is more impressive than anything I've seen Gamora do. Ms Marvel is the same woman who singlehandedly defended NY city from an army of Super Skrulls and two-shotted Grey Hulk. Also, im not sure how strong She-Hulk was when she was allegedly one-shot by Gamora, but She-Hulk used to be weaker than 85 tons, as she wasn't able to lift Thing's maximum weight.

Stoic
Ms Marvel is actually stonger than Rogue. Rogue at her base level is rated at 50 tons. Ms Marvel is around 70 tons. Also, Rogue doesn't have any energy powers. Had Rogue fought Namora, Namora would have beaten her while she was still dry unless she tried to absorb her powers. Based off what I've seen, I'd say Gamora is a weakling compared to a soaking wet Namora.

Gamora's whole thing is fighting skill over brute force. TBH, I find the whole taking out opponents with pressure points to be a bit boring and silly for a comic book fight. Ms Marvel vs Namora was more about brute force, and yes Namora knocking a character as powerful and strong as Ms Marvel around like a rag doll after she got a little wet is more impressive than anything I've seen Gamora do. Ms Marvel is the same woman who singlehandedly defended NY city from an army of Super Skrulls and two-shotted Grey Hulk. Also, im not sure how strong She-Hulk was when she was allegedly one-shot by Gamora, but She-Hulk used to be weaker than 85 tons, as she wasn't able to lift Thing's maximum weight.

You may find it boring but fighting expertise has existed in comics for longer than we have both been around most likely, at least it has in my case. Batman uses it, Captain America uses it, and many others. As for the Thing's max weight, Ben got a bump in power. In the future he is supposed to be much stronger than he is now, so it just goes to show that at one point She Hulk and Ben were near equals in strength.

Strength does not equal win, because you can have very strong characters that can't fight their way out of a paper bag. Namora isn't one of those characters, but she isn't an elite martial artist either, while Gamora is. She isn't a weakling by any stretch of the imagination. it was clear that she was below Angela's strength class, and I believe that Angela is roughly as strong as Namora if not stronger.

Angela just happens to be a better fighter than Namora, and is being fleshed out in that light as an elite martial artist. It doesn't matter how strong a character is, if they can't hit their target due to lack of skill they would likely be defeated, especially if that character is strong enough to hurt them. Gamora is strong enough to hurt Namora in this case, which is why I give her in her base form the majority here. Also an army of Skrull's without any feats shouldn't impress anyone, because they were written up as fodder material. Not to lesson the showing, but this type of thing is seen time and again.

let's see how well Namora does against a character like Angela, and then my opinion of her will rise significantly. Again she did not one shot Carol so let's not pretend that something like that happened when it didn't.it took her time to take Carol down.

Originally posted by h1a8
That wasn't a good fight. She hit rogue but didn't do much damage. She Hulk telegraphed by talking, causing both Gamora to hear her and move out of the way. This made she hulk hit rogue away. She hulk got distracted by saying sorry. Gamora cheapshotted her by kicking her (strongest attack) in the stomach (softest part).
Neither was one shot or koed.
Plus that's when she hulk was much weaker than today. That fight isn't very impressive to sway us on believing that she can beat Namora

Listen whatever happened just showed that they weren't as good as Gamora, don't speculate on things that weren't there. Ms. marvel was also talking, as was Namora when the struggled against each other. Don't exclude one and single out the other because you're just cherry picking to suit an argument that you never had. Gamora wins the majority based on feats and showings. Gamora defeated Ronan who went up against Ravenous before he was hit with the nerf bat. So again classic Gamora wins a majority, while her augmented present self crushes Namora with ease.

GalacticStorm
Gamora. Forum rules are the most current version shown in continuity. Black Vortex empowered Gamora in a stomp!

h1a8
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Gamora. Forum rules are the most current version shown in continuity. Black Vortex empowered Gamora in a stomp! I disagree, some will say that she got weaker by showings. If a characters showings contradict their said amp then the amp isn't all that.

h1a8
You may find it boring but fighting expertise has existed in comics for longer than we have both been around most likely, at least it has in my case. Batman uses it, Captain America uses it, and many others. As for the Thing's max weight, Ben got a bump in power. In the future he is supposed to be much stronger than he is now, so it just goes to show that at one point She Hulk and Ben were near equals in strength.

Strength does not equal win, because you can have very strong characters that can't fight their way out of a paper bag. Namora isn't one of those characters, but she isn't an elite martial artist either, while Gamora is. She isn't a weakling by any stretch of the imagination. it was clear that she was below Angela's strength class, and I believe that Angela is roughly as strong as Namora if not stronger.

Angela just happens to be a better fighter than Namora, and is being fleshed out in that light as an elite martial artist. It doesn't matter how strong a character is, if they can't hit their target due to lack of skill they would likely be defeated, especially if that character is strong enough to hurt them. Gamora is strong enough to hurt Namora in this case, which is why I give her in her base form the majority here. Also an army of Skrull's without any feats shouldn't impress anyone, because they were written up as fodder material. Not to lesson the showing, but this type of thing is seen time and again.

let's see how well Namora does against a character like Angela, and then my opinion of her will rise significantly. Again she did not one shot Carol so let's not pretend that something like that happened when it didn't.it took her time to take Carol down.

Listen whatever happened just showed that they weren't as good as Gamora, don't speculate on things that weren't there. Ms. marvel was also talking, as was Namora when the struggled against each other. Don't exclude one and single out the other because you're just cherry picking to suit an argument that you never had. Gamora wins the majority based on feats and showings. Gamora defeated Ronan who went up against Ravenous before he was hit with the nerf bat. So again classic Gamora wins a majority, while her augmented present self crushes Namora with ease. ABC logic doesn't usually work since characters have different power sets (Ronan is not as skilled as either ) and characters don't always fight at full capacity in a comic (they even job at times ).

Namora is physically her superior with a little less skill. It's a decent fight but Namora edges it out. Otherwise WW stomps BA since the skill gap is greater and the strength gap is smaller.

Blue Area Vet
ABC logic doesn't usually work since characters have different power sets (Ronan is not as skilled as either ) and characters don't always fight at full capacity in a comic (they even job at times ).

Namora is physically her superior with a little less skill. It's a decent fight but Namora edges it out. Otherwise WW stomps BA since the skill gap is greater and the strength gap is smaller.

Ronan is not as skilled as who?

h1a8
Ronan is not as skilled as who? Gamora or namora

Stoic
ABC logic doesn't usually work since characters have different power sets (Ronan is not as skilled as either ) and characters don't always fight at full capacity in a comic (they even job at times ).

What actually works here is that Gamora is currently augmented by the Black Vortex, and she would kill all of the characters being mentioned in this thread. She wins nothing more to debate.

Genii96
And Gamora one shot KO'd both Rogue, and She Hulk leaving the latter stunned on the ground. If Gamora wanted to kill either, or both, she would have been able to. meanwhile Carol gave Namora a fight, and it wasn't the overwhelming beating that some are alluding to. Should I remind you that strength isn't everything, and that Rogue at one point was just as strong as Carol? Well guess what? She Hulk is rated as being stronger than both. That didn't stop the one shots from being passed around though, not to mention that Gamora isn't exactly a weakling under many writers pens.

Um rogue aint as strong as miss marvel,and miss marvel is exponentially more durable(bullet proof),so two shotting her is actually quite impressive,she hulk wasn't as strong then as now either. Gamora didn't one shot rogue either,that was she hulk who did that by mistake,and then she cheapshotted her when she was distracted,it showcases her skill yea,but dosent help her in this match. Namora has also taken on hulk,blitzed thor and dragged his ass into water and trapped him in a maelstorm for a short while among other things. Unless this is the planet busting version of gamora,she can't win.

Stoic
Um rogue aint as strong as miss marvel,and miss marvel is exponentially more durable(bullet proof),so two shotting her is actually quite impressive,she hulk wasn't as strong then as now either. Gamora didn't one shot rogue either,that was she hulk who did that by mistake,and then she cheapshotted her when she was distracted,it showcases her skill yea,but dosent help her in this match. Namora has also taken on hulk,blitzed thor and dragged his ass into water and trapped him in a maelstorm for a short while among other things. Unless this is the planet busting version of gamora,she can't win.

That doesn't mean a thing when your opponent finds their way behind you and knocks your block off. The characters that you mentioned aren't on Gamora's skill level. You want to pull out the ammo? My guns are bigger. Gamora did as much damage to Thanos as Namor did, but she didn't end up breaking her hand or foot while striking him several times. Nor was he able to touch her. Namora is roughly Namor's equal in speed and agility as well as power and durability. Thanos grabbed namor, and nearly made him Nomor. Gamora arguably put as much damage on Thanos as Black Bolt. Should I pull out more ammo? I think I may, I think I might.

We don't argue power set alone around here. For example; just because you have the power to flatten a mountain, doesn't mean that you're good at using that power. Combat expertise goes to Gamora. Another thing, we use current characterizations unless specifically mentioned in the OP. Base level Gamora has better feats than Namora alone, and Black Vortex (the current incarnation of Gamora) would destroy Namora in seconds. When I see Namora do well against Angela, she'll get more props from me. She is beastly, don't get me wrong, but Gamora is just on another level in terms of combat expertise, and battlefield awareness. She's a genius. She's also way hotter.

Genii96
That doesn't mean a thing when your opponent finds their way behind you and knocks your block off. The characters that you mentioned aren't on Gamora's skill level. You want to pull out the ammo? My guns are bigger. Gamora did as much damage to Thanos as Namor did, but she didn't end up breaking her hand or foot while striking him several times. Nor was he able to touch her. Namora is roughly Namor's equal in speed and agility as well as power and durability. Thanos grabbed namor, and nearly made him Nomor. Gamora arguably put as much damage on Thanos as Black Bolt. Should I pull out more ammo? I think I may, I think I might.

We don't argue power set alone around here. For example; just because you have the power to flatten a mountain, doesn't mean that you're good at using that power. Combat expertise goes to Gamora. Another thing, we use current characterizations unless specifically mentioned in the OP. Base level Gamora has better feats than Namora alone, and Black Vortex (the current incarnation of Gamora) would destroy Namora in seconds. When I see Namora do well against Angela, she'll get more props from me. She is beastly, don't get me wrong, but Gamora is just on another level in terms of combat expertise, and battlefield awareness. She's a genius. She's also way hotter.

The only reason gamora did shit to thanos was cuz he allowed it,she even admitted it herself that he let her get close. Namor floored thanos and bloodied his face with a punch.

She got behind she hulk yea,however she only managed to knock her our cuz she hulk accidentally hit rogue,which distracted her,had it been a one on one it wouldn't have gone that way,not to mention she hulk at time was much weaker than currently.heck in the fight agatins the x men with the agents of atlas,namora just plowed through colossus easily. The only advantage pre upgrade gamora would have over would be skill,and even that wouldn't be of much use here.

If u see namora as namor's equal roughly un durability as well,then hurting her would become even more of a tassle,namor took a vibranium blade to the heart followed by a full fledged bb scream and got right back up.

This is assuming there is no water source nearby. Post upgrade gamora stomps yea,pre loses

Mike82
According to the tiers thread, Namora and Gamora are in the same tier class. I see Namora destroying ships by flying threw them and lifting them up in the air. Judging by that, I'd say Namora can lift hundreds, if not thousands of tons when she's hydrated. If this is true, then Namora should easily beat pre-Vortex Gamora. It's probably more likely that writers are just underestimating how much a ship weighs.

Stoic
The only reason gamora did shit to thanos was cuz he allowed it,she even admitted it herself that he let her get close. Namor floored thanos and bloodied his face with a punch.

She got behind she hulk yea,however she only managed to knock her our cuz she hulk accidentally hit rogue,which distracted her,had it been a one on one it wouldn't have gone that way,not to mention she hulk at time was much weaker than currently.heck in the fight agatins the x men with the agents of atlas,namora just plowed through colossus easily. The only advantage pre upgrade gamora would have over would be skill,and even that wouldn't be of much use here.

If u see namora as namor's equal roughly un durability as well,then hurting her would become even more of a tassle,namor took a vibranium blade to the heart followed by a full fledged bb scream and got right back up.

This is assuming there is no water source nearby. Post upgrade gamora stomps yea,pre loses

she was able to draw blood from Thanos. I never said that she would have defeated him, while on the other hand Namor broke his hand just punching Thanos. It's also not hard to knock someone to the ground that weighs 800 lbs if you are capable of lifting 100s - 1000s of tons. Namor never floored Thanos are you kidding me? Thanos was playing with Namor the entire time, and not once did that fight favor Namor. Thanos was in full control. Thanos tried to grab Gamora, he missed when he used his eye beams. This was likely Thanos testing how much his teachings paid off to his former student. However Gamora still did better against Thanos than Namor did.

You don't seem to be able to get past arguing based on power set alone. Gamora has superior combat expertise between the two of them, she also has a decent healing factor, and can take a very good hit on average. Yes they are tough, but that does not mean that they are immune to being KO'd pressure point strikes to nerve clusters would KO'd even the toughest of opponents. This does not mean that Gamora is stronger or more durable than Namora. We also don't argue solely based on Tier sets, because if we did we would be surprised and disappointed every time a weaker character clowned a stronger and more powerful one. This is something that happens all of the time in comics.l it isn't PIS, it's just that one character has the ability the defeat others above their weight class. In this case Namora isn't far above Gamora in terms of her physical stats. Don't know why it's so difficult for you to see this.

Namora only has like a handful of appearances, and you seem to be going gaga over her. Allow her some time to be fleshed out, and you will see that she will suffer upsets just like all of the other characters that have had hundreds of appearances, and that's if Marvel doesn't just kill her off, or deep six her.

According to the tiers thread, Namora and Gamora are in the same tier class. I see Namora destroying ships by flying threw them and lifting them up in the air. Judging by that, I'd say Namora can lift hundreds, if not thousands of tons when she's hydrated. If this is true, then Namora should easily beat pre-Vortex Gamora. It's probably more likely that writers are just underestimating how much a ship weighs.

Who cares if she can destroy ships? The Hulk can destroy planets, but that did not stop Captain America from KOing him. This isn't Thor, the Hulk, Blue Marvel, or Sentry that we are talking about. None of these guys fight like Gamora, I wouldn't give her the win over them, but they simply don't have her combat expertise, because they use brute force attacks, while she uses master level martial arts, and nerve strikes to bring her foes down. his is something that Namora would have to deal with. Gamora isn't going to be going for the tests of strength, she going to be parrying punches to set up her opponent up for a sneak attack. Gamora has the strength to hurt Namora without resorting to nerve strikes. With them she could paralyze Namora for brief instances. I have strong doubts that Namora would survive Angela.

Stoic
Imagine if Thor could fight as well as the Karate Kid. Who in comics could possibly defeat him in unarmed combat? Who? This is what i am getting at. It's a good thing that Gamora is only roughly a class 50, because if she was a class 100 as she is now, she'd be a monster, just like she is now.

h1a8
What actually works here is that Gamora is currently augmented by the Black Vortex, and she would kill all of the characters being mentioned in this thread. She wins nothing more to debate. Apparently that upgrade caused a downgrade. Her performance is worst than her normal self. So the so called upgrade is meaningless as it only quantified a negative change.

h1a8
Imagine if Thor could fight as well as the Karate Kid. Who in comics could possibly defeat him in unarmed combat? Who? This is what i am getting at. It's a good thing that Gamora is only roughly a class 50, because if she was a class 100 as she is now, she'd be a monster, just like she is now. I understand you. But Namora is very skilled too.
In the BA vs. WW thread the high majority of kmc give BA the win although he's not vastly stronger or durable but is vastly less skilled.
I believe WW wins because of the same reasons you believe Gamora wins. But my argument is far stronger (The skill gap is greater in WWs case) yet it isn't as popular.

Stoic
Apparently that upgrade caused a downgrade. Her performance is worst than her normal self. So the so called upgrade is meaningless as it only quantified a negative change.

Based on what h1?

Blue Area Vet
omit

Stoic
I understand you. But Namora is very skilled too.
In the BA vs. WW thread the high majority of kmc give BA the win although he's not vastly stronger or durable but is vastly less skilled.
I believe WW wins because of the same reasons you believe Gamora wins. But my argument is far stronger (The skill gap is greater in WWs case) yet it isn't as popular.

First of all I agree with your judgement in the WW vs BA scenario. WW is a better fighter, she has better weapons, and is as strong or nearly as strong a BA. She would be able to hurt him, and she would hit him far more times than he would hit her. To me fights are decided by combat expertise which should always come before pure power, but only to a point. For instance; Bruce Lee could not hope hurt the Wonder Man, let alone defeat him with his level of power. But, if he were almost as strong as Simon he would destroy him without it being a contest.

Namora is not as good of a fighter as Gamora is. Not even close TBH. Exotic Alien Martial Art's are Gamora's bread and butter. She's also strong enough to hurt someone with Namora's stats, and hurt her bad.

Blue Area Vet
First of all I agree with your judgement in the WW vs BA scenario. WW is a better fighter, she has better weapons, and is as strong or nearly as strong a BA. She would be able to hurt him, and she would hit him far more times than he would hit her. To me fights are decided by combat expertise which should always come before pure power, but only to a point. For instance; Bruce Lee could not hope hurt the Wonder Man, let alone defeat him with his level of power. But, if he were almost as strong as Simon he would destroy him without it being a contest.

Namora is not as good of a fighter as Gamora is. Not even close TBH. Exotic Alien Martial Art's are Gamora's bread and butter. She's also strong enough to hurt someone with Namora's stats, and hurt her bad.

Not to mention nerve hit her.

Stoic
Not to mention nerve hit her.

And nearly unbreakable bones with a decent healing factor.

tkitna
If Gamora is written by Bendis, I have a shot of beating her.

(Sorry, still a little ill about the Nightcrawler showing)

Branlor Swift
Pre Bendis Gamora wins pretty easily.
Post Bendis Gamora probably gets backhanded out when Namora is trying to scratch her own back

Stoic
Originally posted by tkitna
If Gamora is written by Bendis, I have a shot of beating her.

(Sorry, still a little ill about the Nightcrawler showing)

It was a ruse.

Genii96
she was able to draw blood from Thanos. I never said that she would have defeated him, while on the other hand Namor broke his hand just punching Thanos. It's also not hard to knock someone to the ground that weighs 800 lbs if you are capable of lifting 100s - 1000s of tons. Namor never floored Thanos are you kidding me? Thanos was playing with Namor the entire time, and not once did that fight favor Namor. Thanos was in full control. Thanos tried to grab Gamora, he missed when he used his eye beams. This was likely Thanos testing how much his teachings paid off to his former student. However Gamora still did better against Thanos than Namor did.

You don't seem to be able to get past arguing based on power set alone. Gamora has superior combat expertise between the two of them, she also has a decent healing factor, and can take a very good hit on average. Yes they are tough, but that does not mean that they are immune to being KO'd pressure point strikes to nerve clusters would KO'd even the toughest of opponents. This does not mean that Gamora is stronger or more durable than Namora. We also don't argue solely based on Tier sets, because if we did we would be surprised and disappointed every time a weaker character clowned a stronger and more powerful one. This is something that happens all of the time in comics.l it isn't PIS, it's just that one character has the ability the defeat others above their weight class. In this case Namora isn't far above Gamora in terms of her physical stats. Don't know why it's so difficult for you to see this.

Namora only has like a handful of appearances, and you seem to be going gaga over her. Allow her some time to be fleshed out, and you will see that she will suffer upsets just like all of the other characters that have had hundreds of appearances, and that's if Marvel doesn't just kill her off, or deep six her.

Who cares if she can destroy ships? The Hulk can destroy planets, but that did not stop Captain America from KOing him. This isn't Thor, the Hulk, Blue Marvel, or Sentry that we are talking about. None of these guys fight like Gamora, I wouldn't give her the win over them, but they simply don't have her combat expertise, because they use brute force attacks, while she uses master level martial arts, and nerve strikes to bring her foes down. his is something that Namora would have to deal with. Gamora isn't going to be going for the tests of strength, she going to be parrying punches to set up her opponent up for a sneak attack. Gamora has the strength to hurt Namora without resorting to nerve strikes. With them she could paralyze Namora for brief instances. I have strong doubts that Namora would survive Angela.

- you seem to think gamora's 'skill' will cover up the difference in strength,durability etc,it won't, and namora is no slouch in skill herself

- telling me that namora only looks good because of her limited appearance dosent help your case,she has had enough appearanes to gauge her power levels against several foes.

- hulk busted a planet at wbh levels,cap never knocked out hulk with his strength alone either
- hercules and thor have had millenum of fighting skill and experience, stop overhyping gamora's skill level. Namora also pinned hercules down in wrestling too she managed to hurt poseidon as well when fighting him with hercules iirc.

StyleTime
No one else was unimpressed with Black Vortex Gamora? It was an upgrade in name, but she really didn't do much. Partially due to there being 50 billion characters granted, but all this "cosmic power" and she gets melee'd by ****ing Storm.

I could see Namora making it a hell of a fight honestly.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StyleTime
No one else was unimpressed with Black Vortex Gamora? It was an upgrade in name, but she really didn't do much. Partially due to there being 50 billion characters granted, but all this "cosmic power" and she gets melee'd by ****ing Storm.

Scan?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Scan?
Do your own dirty work.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Scan?
This was practically a stalemate, and Storm went melee for most of it. It certainly puts some of Gamora's cosmic hype into question. Imagine if Storm used all of her powers. 131

http://s14.postimg.org/hkot7970d/Gamora_Storm.jpg-http://s14.postimg.org/qv0xashq5/Gamora_Storm2.jpg-http://s14.postimg.org/gjoki4q0t/Gamora_Storm3.jpg

Granted, Sam Humpries is a terrible writer. Feats or otherwise.

The Nuul
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Do your own dirty work.

Oh she does. Do you want to find out?

Golgo13
Gamora.

Blue Area Vet
This was practically a stalemate, and Storm went melee for most of it. It certainly puts some of Gamora's cosmic hype into question. Imagine if Storm used all of her powers. 131

http://s14.postimg.org/hkot7970d/Gamora_Storm.jpg-http://s14.postimg.org/qv0xashq5/Gamora_Storm2.jpg-http://s14.postimg.org/gjoki4q0t/Gamora_Storm3.jpg

Granted, Sam Humpries is a terrible writer. Feats or otherwise.

Storm is more popular, end of story. Doesn't put a thing in question for Gamora. Horrible depiction, Gamora went on to kill a planet population of Chitauri. Gamora was toying with Storm and had no desire to kill her.

StiltmanFTW
Heh.

Vs. NC. Vs. Storm. Vs. Bucky. Vs. She-Hulk. All those fights happened fairly recently.

Gamora is the least dangerous woman in the galaxy. No wonder Wolverine one-shotted her as if she was a nobody, it's a miracle she managed to stalemate him for 2 panels.

stick out tongue

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Heh.

Vs. NC. Vs. Storm. Vs. Bucky. Vs. She-Hulk. All those fights happened fairly recently.

Gamora is the least dangerous woman in the galaxy. No wonder Wolverine one-shotted her as if she was a nobody, it's a miracle she managed to stalemate him for 2 panels.

stick out tongue

It's Marvels shit PC writers. The want all characters to be relatively equal. Again, her last feat was to kill a planet population of Chitauri. All the people you mentioned combined couldn't do that.

StiltmanFTW
So... a fodder feat?

StyleTime
Storm is more popular, end of story. Doesn't put a thing in question for Gamora. Horrible depiction, Gamora went on to kill a planet population of Chitauri. Gamora was toying with Storm and had no desire to kill her.
Ok, I'll have to wait until I can look at that issue again but like....I'm 95% sure she didn't kill them by herself. Or even most of them. Or even half of them.

But yeah, it wasn't just that. Ronan, pre-power up, beat her up. That is literally a downgrade from her pre-Black Vortex self. She spent most of the time killing fodder and flying around in the background.

They should have decreased the number of characters and actually had her do something.

Blue Area Vet
Ok, I'll have to wait until I can look at that issue again but like....I'm 95% sure she didn't kill them by herself. Or even most of them. Or even half of them.

But yeah, it wasn't just that. Ronan, pre-power up, beat her up. That is literally a downgrade from her pre-Black Vortex self. She spent most of the time killing fodder and flying around in the background.

They should have decreased the number of characters and actually had her do something.

No, she did it completely by herself. She didn't want to risk her friends and she even left them saying that she is a threat to be around. They fought some of the Chitauri in the air, but she is the one that flew to the planet and killed them. She even said "I will end this." On top of that, she begged the leader not to make her kill the shit out of them.

StyleTime
Yeah, I totally remember her killing only like 5 or so Chitauri when she scared the leader off. Maybe some more on the flight to him. Like I said, I gotta check later though.

It was all really dumb. The entire event was stupid. Bendis and Sam Humpries are total creative geniuses amirite?

Blue Area Vet
Yeah, I totally remember her killing only like 5 or so Chitauri when she scared the leader off. Maybe some more on the flight to him. Like I said, I gotta check later though.

She didn't scare the leader off, he wouldn't relent. He should have.

StyleTime
Ok, so my memory did not betray me. Gamora didn't come anywhere near fighting the entire planet. She flew straight to Kindun, killed his henchmen, then the Chitauri retreated. She only killed like 6 + whoever was on that ship.

http://s11.postimg.org/kiz060t67/Nope.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/4i6et1van/Nope2.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/95cgutinj/Nope3.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/5bnlzeqpb/Nope4.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/56f9bzu0f/Nope5.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/sjdauia3z/Nope6.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/63q9yluwf/Nope7.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/nsi0q86nj/Nope8.jpg

Stoic

Plot dictated that Storm should have survived that little exchange. Let's not get carried away.

DarkSaint85
Ok, so my memory did not betray me. Gamora didn't come anywhere near fighting the entire planet. She flew straight to Kindun, killed his henchmen, then the Chitauri retreated. She only killed like 6 + whoever was on that ship.

What was the page after that? When Star Lord asks her?

StyleTime
Peter asks what she did. She said, "I told him to leave."

DarkSaint85
Heh. I honestly thought she had killed them all; obviously not.

StyleTime
Yeah, like I said. Gamora was really unimpressive. Shadowcat completely upstaged everyone in this story. She's the only one who actually seemed to get "cosmic" when she upgraded.

http://s24.postimg.org/v5h23ulmp/Cosmic_Kitty.jpg-http://s24.postimg.org/83vvkcwld/Cosmic_Kitty2.jpg-http://s24.postimg.org/eizhursox/Cosmic_Kitty3.jpg

Kitty had the only planetary feat in the whole thing.

http://s24.postimg.org/4cmay1iwx/Cosmic_Kitty4.jpg-http://s24.postimg.org/fcc3ndypt/Cosmic_Kitty5.jpg-http://s24.postimg.org/74erg4w75/Cosmic_Kitty6.jpg-http://s24.postimg.org/7njupenlt/Cosmic_Kitty7.jpg-http://s24.postimg.org/syheto5q9/Cosmic_Kitty8.jpg

DarkSaint85
I thought Beast had one too?

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ plot excuse.

The excuses are just lulzworthy.

Blue Area Vet
Heh. I honestly thought she had killed them all; obviously not.

I read it as she killed them.

abhilegend
You read wrong. Let's move on.

Blue Area Vet
Peter asks what she did. She said, "I told him to leave."

YEAH! She told them to leave, they didn't, she killed them. Notice how she answered his question. She never said what she did.

Also, did you not notice how she was willing to take on the whole planet? And why would she say "Don't make me do this?"

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
You read wrong. Let's move on.

No I'm not son, go back to sucking off Superman.

Blue Area Vet

Had what?

abhilegend
No I'm not son, go back to sucking off Superman.
You first stop licking your comics though. Such a bad thing to do.

Blue Area Vet
You first stop licking your comics though. Such a bad thing to do.

At least the pages of my comics aren't all stuck together with DNA evidence.

abhilegend
At least the pages of my comics aren't all stuck together with DNA evidence.
Because you lick them clean before your mom finds out?

Blue Area Vet
Because you lick them clean before your mom finds out?

What? Sorry, I don't know how that works. Sounds like you do, though. But don't enlighten me, I'm good. Some of us have a life outside of Superman. Don't forget to vote.

abhilegend
Lame comeback as expected. "No, you".

Are you in kindergarten?

Blue Area Vet
Lame comeback as expected. "No, you".

Are you in kindergarten?

LMAO, so the guy accusing me of a lame comeback comes back with "Are you in kindergarten? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing

abhilegend
You need to try kids like you with the level they can understand.

erm

StyleTime
Nope, not that I recall. Also, I can't stress enough how completely stupid this event is.
YEAH! She told them to leave, they didn't, she killed them. Notice how she answered his question. She never said what she did.

Also, did you not notice how she was willing to take on the whole planet? And why would she say "Don't make me do this?"
Dude, c'mon. She literally told him to leave. I posted the entire thing. We clearly saw what she did, and it was not fight a planet. She flew to Kindun, killed like 5 fodder guards, then scared him away. The army is literally shown retreating, then she returns immediately.

She was willing to fight The Imperial Guard too. Didn't stop them from pushing her whole team's shit in.

...well before Bendis Young Jean laid down the law.

Blue Area Vet
Nope, not that I recall. Also, I can't stress enough how completely stupid this event is.

Dude, c'mon. She literally told him to leave. I posted the entire thing. We clearly saw what she did, and it was not fight a planet. She flew to Kindun, killed like 5 fodder guards, then scared him away. The army is literally shown retreating, then she returns immediately.

She was willing to fight The Imperial Guard too. Didn't stop them from pushing her whole team's shit in.

...well before Bendis Young Jean laid down the law.

No you did NOT post the entire thing and a poster already pointed that out to you. There are panels afterward when Gamora is talking to the rest of the guardians. She does NOT say that they left, she said she asked them to leave. Asking them to leave and them actually leaving are two different things. Why not just post the scans? The clear implication is that she killed them. She the last thing she said to them was that she was begging them not to make her do it to them. You do NOT see them leave or stand down, she just returns to her friends.

And I'll ask you again, why would she leave with Quill telling her "you can't take on a planet!" Obviously she knows she CAN take on the planet. She killed those bastards and you are lowballing her because you have it in your head that her upgrade wasn't that powerful, which is laughable.

StyleTime
No you did NOT post the entire thing and a poster already pointed that out to you. There are panels afterward when Gamora is talking to the rest of the guardians. She does NOT say that they left, she said she asked them to leave. Asking them to leave and them actually leaving are two different things. Why not just post the scans? The clear implication is that she killed them. She the last thing she said to them was that she was begging them not to make her do it to them. You do NOT see them leave or stand down, she just returns to her friends.
I did show the entire thing. What Darksaint is talking about is a conversation, where Gamora literally restates what the previous pages indicate. "I told him to leave."

http://s2.postimg.org/xw1027bdh/Nope9.jpg

There's your scan. No planet killing anywhere. And yes, you do see them leave. Reread the scans I posted please. You know, that part where Peter yells "They're retreating!".
And I'll ask you again, why would she leave with Quill telling her "you can't take on a planet!" Obviously she knows she CAN take on the planet. She killed those bastards and you are lowballing her because you have it in your head that her upgrade wasn't that powerful, which is laughable.
She ignored him because she wasn't going to fight the planet, which she didn't. She killed about 5 fodder guards then scared Kindun away.

At this point, you're going against what was shown in the comic. Darksaint85 was simply asking questions, which is fine. You're just making up things now.

Blue Area Vet
I did show the entire thing. What Darksaint is talking about is a conversation, where Gamora literally restates what the previous pages indicate. "I told him to leave."

http://s2.postimg.org/xw1027bdh/Nope9.jpg

There's your scan. No planet killing anywhere. And yes, you do see them leave. Reread the scans I posted please. You know, that part where Peter yells "They're retreating!".

She ignored him because she wasn't going to fight the planet, which she didn't. She killed about 5 fodder guards then scared Kindun away.

At this point, you're going against what was shown in the comic. Darksaint85 was simply asking questions, which is fine. You're just making up things now.

Do the panels SHOW them leaving, yes or no?
Does she say that they actually left, yes or no?
Does say what she actually DID as opposed to what she said, yes or no?

The depiction leaves some interpretation either way and my take is that she killed them. This happens in comics all the time if you didn't know. But perhaps more importantly, she BEGGED the leader not to make her kill them, meaning she had the power to do so and the confidence in her abilities to confront them, alone. We were talking about power levels, right?

StyleTime
Do the panels SHOW them leaving, yes or no?
Does she say that they actually left, yes or no?
Does say what she actually DID, yes or no?

The depiction leaves some interpretation either way and my take is that she killed them. But perhaps more importantly, she BEGGED the leader not to make her kill them, meaning she had the power to do so and the confidence in her abilities to confront them, alone. We were talking about power levels, right?
Yes.
No.
Yes.

No, it doesn't. It shows her starting from Spartax, flying away, and confronting Kindun. During this time, she kills a spacepod and some guards. At no point does she engage the entire population of a planet. There is no ambiguity at any point.

Kindun backed off because Gamora was going to kill him right then and there.

Blue Area Vet
Yes.
No.
Yes.

No, it doesn't. It shows her starting from Spartax, flying away, and confronting Kindun. During this time, she kills a small spaceship. At no point does she engage the entire population of a planet. There is no ambiguity at any point.

Kindun backed off because Gamora was going to kill him right then and there.

Try NO, NO and NO.

Show a panel of them retreating. You can't because it doesn't exist.

She killed them off panel. And don't tell me those panels don't exist because the panels of the Chitauri retreating don't exist. I believe it is intentially ambigious and you aren't the author. You can no longer say that they left than I can say she slayed them. But again, the point is she confronted them alone and threatened to kill everyone.

StyleTime
Try NO, NO and NO.

Show a panel of them retreating. You can't because it doesn't exist.

She killed them off panel. And don't tell me those panels don't exist because the panels of the Chitauri retreating don't exist. I believe it is intentially ambigious and you aren't the author. You can no longer say that they left than I can say she slayed them. But again, the point is she confronted them alone and threatened to kill everyone.
Sigh. Ok, are the links working?
http://s11.postimg.org/kiz060t67/Nope.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/4i6et1van/Nope2.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/95cgutinj/Nope3.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/5bnlzeqpb/Nope4.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/56f9bzu0f/Nope5.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/sjdauia3z/Nope6.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/63q9yluwf/Nope7.jpg-http://s11.postimg.org/nsi0q86nj/Nope8.jpg
The last two scans I posted show them leaving. The planet retreats, then Peter and the others notice the Chitauri forces following suit.

Yes, yes they are shown retreating.

carver9
Even though she didn't engage all of them I took that showing as if they knew they didn't stand a chance against her so they retreated. The down part of that scene is, there really wasn't a lot of them...hundreds if that. Not the ft that it's made out to be imo.

Blue Area Vet
Even though she didn't engage all of them I took that showing as if they knew they didn't stand a chance against her so they retreated. The down part of that scene is, there really wasn't a lot of them...hundreds if that. Not the ft that it's made out to be imo.

So....there was a planet approaching with only hundreds of fighters? Think about that for a second. They could have approached in a space shuttle if that was the case. There is no way in hell to put an exactly number on the individuals present in the army, but being that they approached on a living planet, I'd say the numbers were apt to a planet's habitation.

But at least you understand that there is a certain amount of abiguity involved. I'd love to hear from the writer.

Blue Area Vet
Sigh. Ok, are the links working?

The last two scans I posted show them leaving. The planet retreats, then Peter and the others notice the Chitauri forces following suit.

Yes, yes they are shown retreating.

Okay, I accept they are retreating. You said twice you showed everything, yet twice you included more scans.

Now, why did a PLANET full of Chitauri retreat from Gamora unless she had the power to defeat them and didn't want to die needlessly? Your whole premise is that you weren't impressed with Gamora's power level. You should be.

StyleTime
Okay, I accept they are retreating. You said twice you showed everything, yet twice you included more scans.

Now, why did a PLANET full of Chitauri retreat from Gamora unless she had the power to defeat them and didn't want to die needlessly?
I posted one extra, irrelevant scan(because you kept asking), and requoted myself(because you couldn't see the earlier ones or something).

Because Kindun ordered them to when Gamora threatened to kill him.

Look, it's not my fault Gamora barely looked Starfire level that whole time. If she gets to kill Thanos, or does something crazy later, then I'll give her her due. Until then, she got stalemated by Storm, beat up by regular Ronan, and fought fodder all day. She was underwhelming. It happens.

Blue Area Vet
I posted one extra, irrelevant scan(because you kept asking), and requoted myself(because you couldn't see the earlier ones or something).

Look, it's not my fault Gamora barely looked Starfire level that whole time. If she gets to kill Thanos, or does something crazy later, then I'll give her her due. Until then, she got stalemated by Storm, beat up by regular Ronan, and fought fodder all day. She was underwhelming. It happens.

Um, normal Gamora stalemated Ronan. Have you seen those scans? You shouldn't question a character's power based on how the artists depicts them when the entire point of the storyline is that characters received power upgrades. You know how powerful Gamora is to begin with (I think) and you go from there.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

StyleTime
He's exhausting.

Stoic

Wasn't she trying to reason with the Chitauri? Weren't these the same guys that blasted Thor into KO-ville with their disruptor weapons? How long did it take Gamora to get back up after being cheap shotted by them? So how is that showing any less impressive than Namora's showing against Carol?

What exactly was so impressive about Namora? Everyone knows that Marvel wouldn't allow Gamora to kill Storm, and PIS exists in comics. Should i bring up the half million times that PIS has saved inferior characters from being destroyed by more powerful ones? Storm would have beaten a base level Gamora in close combat.

Stoic
^ Sorry let me rephrase that. Storm wouldn't have beaten a base level Gamora in close combat.

Branlor Swift
^ Sorry let me rephrase that. Storm wouldn't have beaten a base level Gamora in close combat. Exactly. Because Gamora is written like trash now.

Gamora would probably have a better chance against Namora based off showings pre Annihilation upgrade than she would after her most powerful Bendis incarnation. Don't live a lie Stoic, hate what she became.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.