Big Trouble in Little China remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
http://www.thewrap.com/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-to-star-in-big-trouble-in-little-china-remake-exclusive/

Starring the goddamn Rock. SMGDMFH.

Fail City, USA.

Don't f*ck with the cult classics, man.

Seriously: F*ck this remake.

ares834
So much hate.

I say bring it on!

And the Rock? **** yes!

The original will still be there regardless, and it's not as if it was a masterpiece anyway.

Impediment
A masterpiece of cheesy, delightful fun and action!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!

Golgo13
Man, I love the original one. Kurt Russell is awesome.

Stealth Moose
Eh, no. The original was perfect enough.

quanchi112
This sounds like a bad idea.

Stealth Moose
For once, we agree.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
For once, we agree. So go out and celebrate you finally being right. When people don't believe you hold up a screenshot of my post thus ending all disbelief.

Inhuman
I like the Rock as a person. He seems like a cool dude, but has he ever carried a movie the same way other action stars have? Hes ok as a side kick in films but I cant remember a movie he was the star and was a great movie.

I liked the rundown, but it wasn't a blockbuster.

Kazenji
All aboard the Fail train.

ares834
Originally posted by Golgo13
Man, I love the original one. Kurt Russell is awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/pJ0A1DD.gif

Bardock42
Probably not gonna have the charm of the first one, I'll watch it though.

Kazenji
Wonder if the remake will flop at the box office like the original movie.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Inhuman
I like the Rock as a person. He seems like a cool dude, but has he ever carried a movie the same way other action stars have? Hes ok as a side kick in films but I cant remember a movie he was the star and was a great movie.

I liked the rundown, but it wasn't a blockbuster.

A lot of people hated Pain & Gain but it did show The Rock being able to handle a broad range to his acting skills.

marwash22
this is one of my all time favorite movies. it's sooooo good. dunno how many times my brother and i watched this when we were kids.

I'm not one to get bent out of shape about remakes... i mean, it doesn't effect the original one at all, so there's no need to cry about it. I'll probably not watch this remake.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
this is one of my all time favorite movies. it's sooooo good. dunno how many times my brother and i watched this when we were kids.

I'm not one to get bent out of shape about remakes... i mean, it doesn't effect the original one at all, so there's no need to cry about it. I'll probably not watch this remake.

thumb up

Inhuman
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
A lot of people hated Pain & Gain but it did show The Rock being able to handle a broad range to his acting skills.

Yeah but he was a sidekick, like alot of his movies. The problem with the rock is that I don't think he can vary a movie well being the main character.

dynamix
Originally posted by ares834
http://i.imgur.com/pJ0A1DD.gif

dude was stylin hipster glasses before it was even cool ha.

not a remake but maybe a sequel would be a better idea...

Inhuman
Yeah but he was a sidekick, like alot of his movies. The problem with the rock is that I don't think he can vary a movie well being the main character.

*Cary

phone typing thumb down

Inhuman
*Cary

phone typing thumb down

Carry*******

holy sh!t FML

KuRuPT Thanosi
The original is one of my favorite movies of all time

Kazenji
Originally posted by dynamix

not a remake but maybe a sequel would be a better idea...

There is a sequel its called the comic which John Carpenter is involved with it.

dynamix
^^so there's already a source material. why not just adapt it instead of remaking?

Q99
You know, it could be bad, but the Rock's pretty awesome, the director's not bad, and we've yet to even see a trailer, so... I'm not going to write it off yet.

Kazenji
Originally posted by dynamix
^^so there's already a source material. why not just adapt it instead of remaking?

Nah...that's too hard for Hollywood to do

Originally posted by Q99
You know, it could be bad, but the Rock's pretty awesome, the director's not bad, and we've yet to even see a trailer, so... I'm not going to write it off yet.

Pretty sure those two will be the writers on the movie not the directors

----------------

John Carpenter talks about the remake

http://www.slashfilm.com/big-trouble-remake/

Kazenji
The Rock responds to the backlash

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dwayne-johnson-responds-to-the-big-trouble-in-little-china-remake-backlash-152

dynamix
ha, Carpenter's response was hilariously apathetic lol! I like Rock's response also. At least he acknowledges the cult status of the original and is proceeding with this project with respectful caution.

Kazenji
They've been saying this is no longer a remake, It's a sequel now

hope Kurt Russell's character makes an appearance.

Flyattractor
Remake the Classic Film of Big Trouble in Little China? As done with Modern Hollywood?

I think my opinion on this is.....

https://media.tenor.co/images/9667283c4e8732e7a68d625fcfe8ce98/tenor.gif

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092009/reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif

Kazenji
Do you have me on ignore?...feels like it.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Do you have me on ignore?...feels like it.

What makes You think I was responding to YOU and not the ACTUAL Point of this Thread?

WHY IS IT ALWAYS ALL ABOUT YOU!?

and No . I do not have you on IGNORE. That aint no fun.

Surtur
Remake terrible movies into great movies. Movies that are already good really don't need to be done again.

Flyattractor
thumb up

Surtur
Since I said remake movies that were terrible into good movies, this technically means a remake of The Ghostbusters remake is on the table.

Do right by the series. Make up for the abomination.

Esau Cairn
I honestly never understood the appeal or fan base for the original.

I was 12 when I saw Escape From New York so when Big Trouble came out after, I think I was expecting more hard core than comical from Russell.

Flyattractor
So you are saying you hate fun?

Esau Cairn
I wanted more Snake Plissken fun.

playa1258
The Rock never sleeps.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I wanted more Snake Plissken fun.

Yes... That I will agree with. L.A was Fun but...oh it could have been so much BETTER!!!!!!

Originally posted by playa1258
The Rock never sleeps.

That would Explain some of his Role Choices....

Kazenji
Originally posted by Surtur
Remake terrible movies into great movies. Movies that are already good really don't need to be done again.

Except in this case The Big Trouble in Little China remake isn't a remake, It's a sequel.

DarthPlaguis12

Kazenji
Guess folks are that dumb....roll eyes (sarcastic)

have to actually post a link about it, For them.

Surtur
Guess folks are that dumb....roll eyes (sarcastic)

have to actually post a link about it, For them.

Yes people who saw a "Big Trouble in Little China remake" thread assumed it was about a remake of the movie. The point is...?

Flyattractor
Yes people who saw a "Big Trouble in Little China remake" thread assumed it was about a remake of the movie. The point is...?

...that Hollywood is very prone to screw these things up?

riv6672

Surtur
A remake would be horrible. A sequel could be awesome.

Flyattractor
A remake would be horrible. A sequel could be awesome.

That is HIGHLY Debatable.

Surtur
They could call the sequel "Big Trouble in Big China". Now China is all grown up.

Flyattractor
Sounds more like they would just be pandering to the Chinese Audience.

Kazenji
John Carpenter ripped into this movie

https://screenrant.com/big-trouble-little-china-sequel-john-carpenter-response/

riv6672
^^^i guess even celebrities act like KMC posters sometimes...eek!

DarthPlaguis12
Deleted

Flyattractor
Carpenter don't got the greatest of Track Records when it comes to his latter movies.

Kazenji
Yeah his directing skills got rusty after 1994

as for him ripping into this movie, Someone needs to go to him like what Jason Blum did with the new Halloween...basically instead of sitting on the sidelines and throwing insults and help make a new movie.

Flyattractor
I am always open to negotiate a Consultancy Job.

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor
There was Ghost of Mars....

Kazenji
And his sequel to Escape from New York.

riv6672
Yeah his directing skills got rusty after 1994

as for him ripping into this movie, Someone needs to go to him like what Jason Blum did with the new Halloween...basically instead of sitting on the sidelines and throwing insults and help make a new movie.
As long as its not seen as a requirement, but as a courtesy, then yeah, the offer should be made if those making the new movie think it would help in some way.
Thing is, you have guys who think their original material cant/shouldnt be touched, and act like it, so why deal w. someone douche-y?
The article said Cameron himself just cares if he gets paid, but is still happy to throw shade.

Its a fine line, w. no hard fast rules. Case by case seems best.

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor
Escape from LA is just the EXACT same plot used for LA just witha Bigger Budget.

EFMars is kind of a stupid story and the "Letts get a Music Star that can't ACT to be the one of the Big leads" Movies.

DarthPlaguis12
Shrug, I still liked it.

Liked vampires as well, James Woods was great in that.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Vampire is Dumb but a lot of fun. That and it has James Freaking Gunn in it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.