Its Official, the US is the most respected country on the earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
**** ya Mr. President!

High Five!

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/01/obama-ive-restored-the-us-as-the-most-respected-country-in-the-world/

Robtard
LoLz

Time Immemorial
Thats whats UP!

Star428
Goes to show just how deluded he is. If anything, respect for our country has gone down dramatically in other countries. He needs to get over himself. Think all that golf he plays has warped his brain. How many times now has he drawn "red lines" that other nations have called his bluff on and crossed them? I've lost count. Maybe he thinks the other countries of the world think he is doing such a fine job of handling ISIS. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Star428
Goes to show just how deluded he is. If anything, respect for our country has gone down dramatically in other countries. He needs to get over himself. Think all that golf he plays has warped his brain. How many times now has he drawn "red lines" that other nations have called his bluff on and crossed them? I've lost count. Maybe he thinks the outher countries of the world think he is doing such a fine job of handling ISIS. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I disagree! Obama said it, I believe it!

Star428
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I disagree! Obama said it, I believe it!

Oh yeah, I forgot. He has never lied! LOL. "If u want your doctor you can keep your doctor". LMAO.

Bardock42
I wouldn't say it's the most respected country on earth, but Obama has done a lot of good to raise the respectability of the US after the international relations disaster that was Bush Jr.

dadudemon
"If u want your doctor you can keep your doctor". LMAO.

That's off topic to this thread but that is another lie of Obama's that is irritating.

Time Immemorial
I'm feeling extremely good today!

Murrica!

FinalAnswer
guG9cVs3ms4

Time Immemorial
Oh yeah, I forgot. He has never lied! LOL. "If u want your doctor you can keep your doctor". LMAO.

Heresy, I have never changed doctors!

Just seen 50 different ones doing the same thing!

Robtard
On a serious note, has anyone looked up to see if world-opinion is up for the US since Obama took country?

I image it is, hell, the US is in friendly negotiations with Cuba.

Omega Vision
**** ya Mr. President!

High Five!

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/01/obama-ive-restored-the-us-as-the-most-respected-country-in-the-world/
Well, I think you might be looking at "respect" differently than Obama. To you, I imagine "respect" would mean something like "they believe in our capacity to act decisively as a nation" which can either mean "confidence" (they have our back when shit hits the fan) or "fear" (they're a loose cannon country that can attack at any moment). I think Obama has lessened both of those factors through his more cautious, at times indecisive, form of diplomacy.

However, Obama has also made great strides in cleaning up the image of America as a borderline rogue state (the "fear" angle), which isn't something to sneer at. While Obama's been president, I've experienced much less hostility while traveling in Europe than I did when Bush was in the White House.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
On a serious note, has anyone looked up to see if world-opinion is up for the US since Obama took country?

I image it is, hell, the US is in friendly negotiations with Cuba.

It was about 2 years in to his first term. Now he's just seen as ineffectual. Not really his fault considering he can't get anything passed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
It was about 2 years in to his first term. Now he's just seen as ineffectual. Not really his fault considering he can't get anything passed.

I'd have far more respect for him if he had a spine.

When the GOP f*cked up his healthcare bill and destroyed the Universal Healthcare option stuff, he should have stood his ground and let the ACA die. He should have turned into General Patton, not Jimmy Carter.

That can be applied to pretty much anything like that since he's been in office. He needed to be a hardass when it counted most.

Had he been, he'd be my favorite president in history. That reminds me, Teddy Roosevelt was of that variety. That's probably why people loved him so much.

Surtur
I guess I'm disturbed for a different reason. What does this say about the rest of the world if it is actually true?

The Nuul
Me thinks laughing sick

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Well, I think you might be looking at "respect" differently than Obama. To you, I imagine "respect" would mean something like "they believe in our capacity to act decisively as a nation" which can either mean "confidence" (they have our back when shit hits the fan) or "fear" (they're a loose cannon country that can attack at any moment). I think Obama has lessened both of those factors through his more cautious, at times indecisive, form of diplomacy.

However, Obama has also made great strides in cleaning up the image of America as a borderline rogue state (the "fear" angle), which isn't something to sneer at. While Obama's been president, I've experienced much less hostility while traveling in Europe than I did when Bush was in the White House.

Aren't you from Europe, living in Florida though? Why would you be receiving hostility?

Robtard
irc, he's American born but was able to get dual-citizenship with Belgium because his great, great, great, grandfather slagged and Belgium woman back in the 1890's or something.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Bardock42
I wouldn't say it's the most respected country on earth, but Obama has done a lot of good to raise the respectability of the US after the international relations disaster that was Bush Jr.
You wouldn't say it's the most?

It's ranked like number 20.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by krisblaze

20th is bad.

Time Immemorial

No Obama says it's the most respected. So your wrong.

Tzeentch
This is news and warranted it's own thread.

Surtur
Was there some kind of world wide respect poll done that Obama is citing? How many people from each country are polled?

Omega Vision
Aren't you from Europe, living in Florida though? Why would you be receiving hostility?
Nah, I'm Indiana born (and grew up in Florida). I'm not fluent in French (I can speak and understand a fair bit though) and I have a noticeable American accent. There were some pretty memorable moments when I was little, like when I was speaking with my brothers in a grocery store in English, some French dude once rammed our cart and my mom snapped "Ca va mal ou quoi?" in her Belgian accent and the dude just about shit his pants with embarrassment.
Originally posted by Robtard
irc, he's American born but was able to get dual-citizenship with Belgium because his great, great, great, grandfather slagged and Belgium woman back in the 1890's or something.
Actually it was my dad.

Robtard
So I was off a few generations

Omega Vision

Norway

Norway

Norway

....(seventeen more times)

Because Norway spits hot fire.

Gorilla
What planet are you from Time Immemorial? If everyone was looking up to US before, now it's not the case anymore......

krisblaze
Norway

Norway

Norway

....(seventeen more times)

Because Norway spits hot fire.

It's not even Norway dude sad

I think it's like Canada and Switzerland or something

Surtur
It's definitely not Canada. It is one of those countries in Europe that begin with an S. Either Switzerland or Sweden.

Time Immemorial
It's not even Norway dude sad

I think it's like Canada and Switzerland or something

No it's America.

President Obama>you and your charts.

krisblaze
Sweden thw land of pussy cuckolds and fat nerds. Nobody respects them.

Bardock42

So we are in agreement?

NemeBro
Sweden thw land of pussy cuckolds and fat nerds. Nobody respects them. You're just upset that Swedish women > Norwegian women.

Tzeentch
My mother is Norwegian, you smegma snorting son of swine.

Genesis-Soldier

i agree.

but honestly i don't really respect the US as a great nation. i feel like it has been socially (internally) degraded over time.

although i can't really complain, i have Tony Abbot as the head of the leading political party and he just f*cks up

krisblaze
Originally posted by NemeBro
You're just upset that Swedish women > Norwegian women.

haermm no

Astner
Switzerland has the LHC, good taxes and chocolate.

Lestov16
So essentially TI is butthurt because a politician said something that any and every logical politician has said and decided to make a thread about it. Seriously, TI? You're going to call Obama out on this of all things?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
So essentially TI is butthurt because a politician said something that any and every logical politician has said and decided to make a thread about it. Seriously, TI? You're going to call Obama out on this of all things?

I agree with Obama. Sounds like you are the butthurt one.

jaden101
AMERICAAA! **** YEAH! COMIN' AGAIN TO SAVE THE MUTHA****IN DAY YEAH!!!

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Bardock42

confused

Bardock42
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
confused

You disagree?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.