No Unopened Cokes for Muslims on United Airlines Flights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/muslim-woman-denied-coke-after-stewardess-claims-she-might-use-it-weapon-445916

Really disgusting, especially the reaction of one of the passengers.

bluewaterrider

Newjak
So according to this CNN article http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/30/us/united-flight-muslim-chaplain/ said according to a spokesman for the airline in question they do not have any regulations on giving customers unopened cans.

If that statement is accurate as it seems to be on CNN then this is pretty clear cut discrimination taking place.

Although they do also mention that they said the flight attendant was trying to be accommodating whatever that means.

Still the one passenger was definitely out of line if he said those things to her.

Newjak

Omega Vision
That dude was clearly trying to be sheriff of the plane. I imagine him being fat and rattailed.

The Nuul
I'd hate to see them try and open up a can of Pepsi. Also, a can of redbull + a hot tub = time machine, they can do real damage with that.

Branlor Swift
I threw half a beer at my buddy's face once when he was passed out. It apparently hurt.

I imagine a full can of coke shaken enough, and thrown with enough force could cause serious damage to the immediate area, including the intregrity of the plane hull.

Time Immemorial
Look's like TSA didn't catch the can's either.

Spawningpool
She totally could have used it as a weapon she could of drank the coke. Eat a mentos next thing you hear is ALLAH AKBAR!!!!! blowup

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Look's like TSA didn't catch the can's either.
"In related news, the TSA failed to catch that 95% of all sodas on airlines are actually grenades."

Branlor Swift
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-18580-Homer-Simpson-Beer-Explosion-f-03jw.gif

Robtard
"The response of both the stewardess and passengers seems to point to an unsettling level of Islamaphobia that is brewing in the United States."

Brewing? It's been brewed, bottled and being imbibed since 9/11.

|King Joker|
thumb up

dadudemon
laughing laughing laughing

Emphasis mine.

While this is disgusting, if I heard and saw this man say those words in front of me, I'd laugh. It's just so over the top. Like from an 80s high school movie and he's the star bully.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
"The response of both the stewardess and passengers seems to point to an unsettling level of Islamaphobia that is brewing in the United States."

I remember in high school, the islamophobia started mere minutes after one of the towers fell.

no expression

It only took that long before people started blaming the "damn dirty muzzies."

Shakyamunison

I agree. Maybe world wars are inevitable.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
I remember in high school, the islamophobia started mere minutes after one of the towers fell.

no expression

It only took that long before people started blaming the "damn dirty muzzies."

Feels like that would point to a high level of islamophobia preceding 9/11

laughing laughing laughing

Emphasis mine.

While this is disgusting, if I heard and saw this man say those words in front of me, I'd laugh. It's just so over the top. Like from an 80s high school movie and he's the star bully.

I'm sure you'd feel the same way if you were a 5'3'', 120 pound, muslim women, surrounded by islamophobes and just publicly humiliated by a person in authority.

Tzeentch
He would also probably feel different if he was the authority figure or the Islamophobes doing the humiliating.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Tzeentch
He would also probably feel different if he was the authority figure or the Islamophobes doing the humiliating.

Well, yes, but he is talking about what his reaction would allegedly be in her situation, I'm sure in a completely different situation, perhaps while bungee jumping, he'd feel different emotions. I felt like that went without saying.

Tzeentch
That was the joke yeah. Both sentiments go without saying.

Robtard
No, I think DDM's story and laughing reaction was as him being in the area and witnessing another man intimidate a woman in such a manner.

At least how it read to me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Tzeentch
That was the joke yeah. Both sentiments go without saying.
Not really. White men often can't tell why people don't react the same way to situations, as they would. So it's good to state why it's different.

I'm not saying that dadudemon doesn't know, btw, just generally people reading his words and being like "Yeah, lol, what a complaining loser, I'd just laugh then whip my dick out and high five everybody"

No, I think DDM's story and laughing reaction was as him being in the area and witnessing another man intimidate a woman in such a manner.

At least how it read to me.

Yeah, you are probably right, that's how it reads to me as well, still like I said, it's not about dadudemon particularly, because I do think he's aware of that.

dadudemon
WTF are you poopfaces on about?

I thought my point was pretty clear. The man seemed unreal. No one is that much of a trope in real life (obviously, they are). My reaction is an "uncontrolled laugh as his douchery because it's so over the top."

And, yes, I am even more of an *sshole in real life. I would have said something to him* after laughing at him.

Calm your t*ts.

*That something would be along the lines of, "Stop being a racist dick and mind your own business."

Edit - I see. It would seem Robtard, at the least, is just having a go and actually understood my point.

Robtard
Yeah, that's what I said, you were laughing at the man's specific antics, not just because he intimidated a woman and you agreed with it.

But you probably would have agreed, whipped your dick out and High-5's him.

dadudemon
Yeah, that's what I said, you were laughing at the man's specific antics, not just because he intimidated a woman and you agreed with it.

But you probably would have agreed, whipped your dick out and High-5's him.

My bad.

I know you were taking the piss but I wasn't sure to what extent.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
"In related news, the TSA failed to catch that 95% of all sodas on airlines are actually grenades."

I did post that article, so that is what I was referring too as a joke. Could you really not see that?

dadudemon
I did post that article, so that is what I was referring too as a joke. Could you really not see that?

Are you being accused, indirectly, of being islamophobic, again?

Time Immemorial
Are you being accused, indirectly, of being islamophobic, again?

I wont jump to any conclusions, but I did just post this yesterday. This is a good way to make a play on words as TSA recent failures are atrocious.smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t613147.html

Omega Vision

I thought my point was pretty clear. The man seemed unreal. No one is that much of a trope in real life (obviously, they are). My reaction is an "uncontrolled laugh as his douchery because it's so over the top."

And, yes, I am even more of an *sshole in real life. I would have said something to him* after laughing at him.

Calm your t*ts.

*That something would be along the lines of, "Stop being a racist dick and mind your own business."

Edit - I see. It would seem Robtard, at the least, is just having a go and actually understood my point.
While I agree he's a self-parody, I don't think I'd find anything funny if I saw that exchange. Bigotry, no matter how over the top, isn't funny if it's tolerated, as it apparently was on this plane--it's just uncomfortable.

Time Immemorial
While I agree he's a self-parody, I don't think I'd find anything funny if I saw that exchange. Bigotry isn't funny if it's tolerated, as it apparently was on this plane--it's just uncomfortable.

You are an extremely offended person who looks to be offended, who wants to be offended by anything. Grow the f up. Get a life Omega, you really need one.

Do I have to spell the joke out for you?

TSA: Fails 95% of their security inspections

United: Serving weapons on the airplane.

Priceless.

Omega Vision
You are an extremely offended person who looks to be offended, who wants to be offended by anything. Grow the f up. Get a life Omega, you really need one.

Priceless.
You're getting mad over absolutely nothing, and you're accusing me of being overly sensitive?

Seriously, you need to stop acting like we're enemies. It's a one-sided enmity.

NemeBro

Priceless. That post wasn't talking about you, it was talking about the guy who blew up on the plane.

Time Immemorial
You're getting mad over absolutely nothing, and you're accusing me of being overly sensitive?

Seriously, you need to stop acting like we're enemies. It's a one-sided enmity.

Ok sure easy to say now after the fact, however DDM picked up on it too, so obviously I'm not making things up.

Omega Vision
Ok sure easy to say now after the fact, however DDM picked up on it too, so obviously I'm not making things up.
Picked up on what? I always feel like we're having two separate conversations. If you interpreted my first reply to your first post in this thread as some kind of personal attack you need to reassess the way you read my posts.

Time Immemorial
Picked up on what? I always feel like we're having two separate conversations. If you interpreted my first reply to your first post in this thread as some kind of personal attack you need to reassess the way you read my posts.

Ok fair enough. What did you mean by your response to me?

Bardock42
Ok fair enough. What did you mean by your response to me?

I think he was just continuing your joke collaboratively. Cause it was pretty funny.

Calm your t*ts.

Yeah, sorry for that, I took your post as a jumping off point to make a point about a pet issue of mine and it made it seem like I was attacking you. My bad.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think he was just continuing your joke collaboratively. Cause it was pretty funny.

Then I apologize OV, for jumping the gun.

Stringer
Originally posted by NemeBro
That post wasn't talking about you, it was talking about the guy who blew up on the plane.

God damn coke and mentos strikes again.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stringer
God damn coke and mentos strikes again.

If I get on a plane again anytime soon, I'm gonna throw a fit about something just to make the news. Then I can post about it here.

riv6672

Odd, thats what i call waking up the morning of September 11th, 2001.

Bardock42
Originally posted by riv6672

I feel like that muslim lady probably had absolutely nothing to do with that. Most people in the west, in my experience, find 9/11 a horrific and condemnable event, yet, I feel like we can still speak out against things like rampant islamophobia in Europe and the US as well as unjust wars of aggression our governments perpetrate. Don't you agree?

Omega Vision
Ok fair enough. What did you mean by your response to me? Originally posted by Bardock42

Yeah, sorry for that, I took your post as a jumping off point to make a point about a pet issue of mine and it made it seem like I was attacking you. My bad. Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Then I apologize OV, for jumping the gun.
Yeah, it's like Bardock says. No worries man.

Omega Vision
Blaming and fearing a global community of more than a billion people for the actions of a handful of extremists is a bit silly and dangerous.

dadudemon
While I agree he's a self-parody, I don't think I'd find anything funny if I saw that exchange. Bigotry, no matter how over the top, isn't funny if it's tolerated, as it apparently was on this plane--it's just uncomfortable.

I can't help what I find funny, for the most part. I find *ssholes doing *sshole things to be funny. When I worked for DirecTV as a wee-laddie, I thought the people who raged about their PPV or TV shows to be funny, too. Almost got me fired. estahuh

I will not apologize nor will I feel bad about laughing at an *sshole. wink

Newjak
I can't help what I find funny, for the most part. I find *ssholes doing *sshole things to be funny. When I worked for DirecTV as a wee-laddie, I thought the people who raged about their PPV or TV shows to be funny, too. Almost got me fired. estahuh

I will not apologize nor will I feel bad about laughing at an *sshole. wink You must laugh every time you look in the mirror in that case estahuh

Sorry too good to pass up stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by Newjak
You must laugh every time you look in the mirror in that case estahuh

Sorry too good to pass up stick out tongue

cry

riv6672
Blaming and fearing a global community of more than a billion people for the actions of a handful of extremists is a bit silly and dangerous.
So is murdering thousands of innocent people by hijacking planes and flying them into buildings over a disagreement with the government those people live under, and because your religion is so hate filled it tells you to destroy anyone who isnt just. Like. You.

Newjak
cry I'm sorry big guy you're awesome! wink

Bardock42
So is murdering thousands of innocent people by hijacking planes and flying them into buildings over a disagreement with the government those people live under, and because your religion is so hate filled it tells you to destroy anyone who isnt just. Like. You. Again, not something this lady, or actually 99.999+% of Muslims did.

In fact, many Muslims died in the attacks on 9/11, tbh your point is distasteful and disrespectful for that alone.

riv6672
Which is why i typically avoid these discussions.
You dont need to have my rampant islamophobia shoved down your throat every time the subject comes up.
Done here.

Omega Vision

I will not apologize nor will I feel bad about laughing at an *sshole. wink
We should brawl over our irreconcilable differences. estahuh

0Lu79tvNsxc

You're the blonde.

dadudemon
We should brawl over our irreconcilable differences. estahuh

0Lu79tvNsxc

You're the blonde.

Why do I have to be an out of shape mom with no fighting abilities?

crybaby

Omega Vision
Because I called the scrappy demonseed first!

dadudemon
Why can't we just be ourselves. embarrasment

You be the skinny professor and I'll be muscled washed-up athlete. smile

Edit - Sounds like sex. Yup. Definitely sex.

Shakyamunison
What are they going to do about sporks?

Robtard
Which is why i typically avoid these discussions.
You dont need to have my rampant islamophobia shoved down your throat every time the subject comes up.
Done here.

I laughed.

Ionceknewu

Well said

Shakyamunison

But people do that to Christians all the time. stick out tongue

durgaprasadzone
Thanks for sharing info...........

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
But people do that to Christians all the time. stick out tongue
They outnumber Muslims 2 to 1, so we have to fear Christians twice as hard!

Robtard
Jokes aside, if the Islamic Right had the financial and political pull that the Christian Right does in the US, they'd not be spared the same criticism the Christian Right gets when they try to make their cherry-picked religious beliefs into laws.

Shakyamunison
Jokes aside, if the Islamic Right had the financial and political pull that the Christian Right does in the US, they'd not be spared the same criticism the Christian Right gets when they try to make their cherry-picked religious beliefs into laws.

Isn't that a double standard? We should stop all religions from "cherry-picked religious beliefs into laws".

Bardock42
Isn't that a double standard? We should stop all religions from "cherry-picked religious beliefs into laws".

Obviously, but one of them needs more attention to be stopped, while the other already doesn't happen. Sort of how we should think about overpopulation of Mars as well as Earth, but should put a bit more effort into stopping it on Earth.

Robtard

No, as I noted that Islam would be under the same scrutiny as Christianity if the the positions were the same or reversed.

But yes, that goes for all, I just mentioned those two as they're the most relevant.

Shakyamunison
Obviously, but one of them needs more attention to be stopped, while the other already doesn't happen. Sort of how we should think about overpopulation of Mars as well as Earth, but should put a bit more effort into stopping it on Earth.

So, there are zero Muslims in the world? There are zero people on Mars. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur
Silly cattle thinking there is nobody on Mars.

I have to give you props this was a wonderfully dramatic post.

Bardock42
So, there are zero Muslims in the world? There are zero people on Mars. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was an exaggeration of course, but the danger of Muslims injecting religious laws in the US is very slim, while the danger of Christians injecting religious laws is very large, and actually already happens all the time.

Shakyamunison
It was an exaggeration of course, but the danger of Muslims injecting religious laws in the US is very slim, while the danger of Christians injecting religious laws is very large, and actually already happens all the time.

Just look up Europe and sharia law.

ares834
Am I the only one still wondering how someone can use an unopened can of Coke as a weapon. I guess they could shake it really hard...

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Am I the only one still wondering how someone can use an unopened can of Coke as a weapon. I guess they could shake it really hard...

If you stuffed one into a sock, it would make a fairly effective home-made flail.

Lek Kuen
Just look up Europe and sharia law.

that's not the US though, we freak out over muslims saying anything. It would take major shift for them to have the power to effect really any major laws, especially if the idea behind it was because "my religion"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
that's not the US though, we freak out over muslims saying anything. It would take major shift for them to have the power to effect really any major laws, especially if the idea behind it was because "my religion"

I was talking to someone who lives in Germany (that is what he told me in the past).

Lek Kuen
I was talking to someone who lives in Germany (that is what he told me in the past).

He was talking about the US though.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
He was talking about the US though.

No, he was talking about Mars.

Surtur
Originally posted by ares834

In all seriousness, if I took an unopened soda can in my hand and smashed it into your face as hard as I could..it would probably hurt you. But then you could smash people in the face with a lot of objects. You could hit someone with a baby.

Time Immemorial
Next time I get on a plane, I will ask for unopened can's and throw them at people, mainly the white people. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone else's feelings.

Surtur
Next time I get on a plane, I will ask for unopened can's and throw them at people, mainly the white people. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone else's feelings.

You can throw it at any race you like as long as you explain you aren't racist before hand. That always works with people.

Omega Vision
See, Muslims don't kill people, TI kills people on planes to prove a point. laughing out loud

Also, why do you think some people call you "TE?" Like, those are clearly not your initials.

Time Immemorial
That was almost funny..almost.

vansonbee
So its revealed that she was in fact lying and distorting the truth.

and it came from blogger who was on the same flight as the Muslim woman.

y4cnfuqEh2U

Sacred Fire

I hope we're on the same flight when this happens. I'm white, so it will give us an excuse to have our epic sky battle. awecraz

One Big Mob
I'd imagine the whole plane would get in on it. Everyone would be laughing and tossing items then some brown guy would grab a can to drink it and he'd be mauled and thrown out the plane like he was crowdsurfing with Benny Hill music playing.

Sacred Fire
We'd all be out of the plane soon after the fight started. Honestly, did you expect the plane's integrity to hold to a clash between me and Time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.