Blade and Nomak vs Marcus and William

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Blade and Nomak continue their hunt for Vampires. They run into Marcus and William.

In an All out battle.

Who wins.

Battle takes place where Selene and Michael fought Marcus and William.

Star428
I have to go with the Blade duo even though I like the Underworld movies better. They just seemed much more skilled than team two though I don't think their other physical stats are much greater.

Genesis-Soldier
blade has skill but Markus has overwhelming power. not to sure how William would go though.

juggerman
Nomak was at least Marcus' equal physically imo tho admittedly it's been awhile since I've seen the films. As of right now I give it to team Blade

Kotor3
William is pure brute force.

juggerman
Originally posted by Kotor3
William is pure brute force.

But dumb brute force. Blade could take him easily enough and then join Nomak to defeat Marcus

Kotor3
I definitely agree that Blade vs William would go in favor of Blade. But not easily. William brute strength would cause a problem and he might even get a few hits off.

juggerman
I definitely agree that Blade vs William would go in favor of Blade. But not easily. William brute strength would cause a problem and he might even get a few hits off.

Nah, Blade has a silver sword, silver stakes, guns with silver rounds, and a silver chakram like weapon. William loses hard. Like stomped. Borderline spite even. A better fight would be William vs Nomak. Still give it to Namak but at least then William may land some hits

Star428
Originally posted by juggerman
Nomak was at least Marcus' equal physically imo tho admittedly it's been awhile since I've seen the films. As of right now I give it to team Blade

I never saw either Nomak or Blade do the kind of crazy strength feats I saw Markus do at end of Evolution. I remember Blade throwing that nurse from one building to another. That's the best strength feat of his I can remember at the moment though I'm sure there's other good ones.. I still think Blade team wins though since Blade has specialized equipment that can take down both of his opponents with Nomak running interference.

ShadowFyre
Blade and nomak due to blades equipment mostly.

Kotor3
Nah, Blade has a silver sword, silver stakes, guns with silver rounds, and a silver chakram like weapon. William loses hard. Like stomped. Borderline spite even. A better fight would be William vs Nomak. Still give it to Namak but at least then William may land some hits I should have been more specific in what weapons they could use in the fight.

William got shot numerous times by Selene and the soldiers in the helicopter. At one time he was even tripped teamed by Selene, Michael and the soldiers. William was still able to fight.

Lucien was able to take sliver rounds and even spit them out of his body.

This is how I see it. Sliver rounds will weaken William but they will not take him out. This would eventually cause Blade to get in close to William. Using his sword Blade would definitely win. However, because Blade has to get in close I see William connecting at least once or more.

Khazra Reborn
Markus is by far the strongest, and he can fly. Nomak has insane damage soak, but the way he fights, he wouldn't last long with Markus at all. Nomak vs. William is a good fight, I'm not sure how that would go honestly.

Blade would get stomped by Markus, but in turn stomp William.

Basically, no ones beating Markus, but it kind of depends on how they pair off.

KuRuPT Thanosi
MarCus is the strongest and most powerful here... then Blade.. Then William and then Nomak imo

Star428
I should have been more specific in what weapons they could use in the fight.

William got shot numerous times by Selene and the soldiers in the helicopter. At one time he was even tripped teamed by Selene, Michael and the soldiers. William was still able to fight.

This is how I see it. Sliver rounds will weaken William but they will not take him out. This would eventually cause Blade to get in close to William. Using his sword Blade would definitely win. However, because Blade has to get in close I see William connecting at least once or more.

William got shot by UV rounds. Not silver. Selene and the mortals went there to stop Markus. Guess they thought they would get to him before he released William so they didn't bring silver. Which was really stupid, of course.

Khazra Reborn
Nomak looked stronger than Blade to me.

juggerman
Originally posted by Star428
I never saw either Nomak or Blade do the kind of crazy strength feats I saw Markus do at end of Evolution. I remember Blade throwing that nurse from one building to another. That's the best strength feat of his I can remember at the moment though I'm sure there's other good ones.. I still think Blade team wins though since Blade has specialized equipment that can take down both of his opponents with Nomak running interference.

Nomak was powering thru reinforced door rather quickly and was causing massive damage to the floor and pillars fighting Blade. I'll try to post the vid of their fight since I need a refresher too

juggerman
I should have been more specific in what weapons they could use in the fight.

As someone mentioned already, William was shot with UV rounds, not silver. While I don't think just a few would down William, Blade certainly wouldn't stop until he was dead. And as you stated Lucian was able to survive being shot and even pushed them out, you must remember that Lucian is a Lycan and William is a werewolf. A big difference between the two in the series is Lycan can turn back and forth between beast and man while werewolves are stuck that way. Seeing as how they are different, we can't just give William abilities Lucian has shown(also it seemed as tho only Lucian had this ability possibly thru training his body, something William cannot do due to being a rage monster).

juggerman
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Markus is by far the strongest, and he can fly. Nomak has insane damage soak, but the way he fights, he wouldn't last long with Markus at all. Nomak vs. William is a good fight, I'm not sure how that would go honestly.

Basically, no ones beating Markus, but it kind of depends on how they pair off.

I doubt Marcus would stomp Blade. Beat? maybe but remember Blade has some pretty high feats and has taken on the blood god and Dracula himself which were pretty uber in their own right and he held his own mostly. I don't see Marcus beyond those two and while he may very well wear Blade or Nomak down and win in a 1 on 1 scenario, having the team against him would be too much for Marcus. William is a non threat to Blade due to equipment, and Nomak would take William after a good fight imo. Either way that leaves Marcus alone against the team

juggerman
edit

Kotor3
William got shot by UV rounds. Not silver. Selene and the mortals went there to stop Markus. Guess they thought they would get to him before he released William so they didn't bring silver. Which was really stupid, of course. Ok. I do not recall if they were UV rounds or not. Still my point it Lucien was not able to tank a good amount of sliver bullets so I have no reason to assume William would not be able to do the same if not more.

UV round or now, they were still bullets and William tank alot during that scene.

Surtur
Nomak looked stronger than Blade to me.

He was. Didn't he kick down that huge ass metal door at one point?

Kotor3
As someone mentioned already, William was shot with UV rounds, not silver. While I don't think just a few would down William, Blade certainly wouldn't stop until he was dead. And as you stated Lucian was able to survive being shot and even pushed them out, you must remember that Lucian is a Lycan and William is a werewolf. A big difference between the two in the series is Lycan can turn back and forth between beast and man while werewolves are stuck that way. Seeing as how they are different, we can't just give William abilities Lucian has shown(also it seemed as tho only Lucian had this ability possibly thru training his body, something William cannot do due to being a rage monster).
I wasn't aware of the UV rounds. Still a lot of bullets to tank.

Unless I am missing something, Lucian's abilities do come from William, who else would they come from?

William was able to recognize his brother and not attack him so I wouldn't say William is as mindless as the werewolves he turns, just that he is not in full control of his rage.

Maybe I need to research this but according to my knowledge there isn't really a difference in abilities between a Lycan and werewolf.

As for Blade, if the bullets to do not take him down William is going to close the gap eventually. I do not recall fighting far away as a technique that Blade uses. That sounds more like Selene.

Kotor3

Basically, no ones beating Markus, but it kind of depends on how they pair off. I really do not see how you see Blade getting stomp by Marcus. Also, as for Nomak he is the wild card and most dangerous. I bite from him might change Marcus.

There is only two ways to kill Nomak, rip his heart out or take of his head. He can repair broken bones immediately. Nomak is extremely skilled in hand to hand combat.

Kotor3
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
MarCus is the strongest and most powerful here... then Blade.. Then William and then Nomak imo Nomak would be second with Blade being last.

juggerman
I wasn't aware of the UV rounds. Still a lot of bullets to tank.

Unless I am missing something, Lucian's abilities do come from William, who else would they come from?

William was able to recognize his brother and not attack him so I wouldn't say William is as mindless as the werewolves he turns, just that he is not in full control of his rage.

Maybe I need to research this but according to my knowledge there isn't really a difference in abilities between a Lycan and werewolf.

As for Blade, if the bullets to do not take him down William is going to close the gap eventually. I do not recall fighting far away as a technique that Blade uses. That sounds more like Selene.

Yes it was a lot of bullets but since it wasn't his weakness(silver) they had little effect. Just imagine the difference between Wolverine taking regular bullets vs him taking bullets that negate his healing factor. Big difference right? Same here

Yes Lucian's powers came from William's line, but he was clearly a different species which was made clear in Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Those bitten by William or wolves like him could not control themselves and could not turn human. Who knows what else they couldn't do. Besides, we can't just say William can do something we've never seen him do before.

Good point, but he is certainly not skilled or tactical in any way. He would be easily outsmarted or out fought especially by someone skilled with ranged weaponry.

Blade shoots enemies all the time. He also throws bladed weapons. No need to get close at all if he doesn't want to

Khazra Reborn
I really do not see how you see Blade getting stomp by Marcus. Also, as for Nomak he is the wild card and most dangerous. I bite from him might change Marcus.

There is only two ways to kill Nomak, rip his heart out or take of his head. He can repair broken bones immediately. Nomak is extremely skilled in hand to hand combat.

Good point on Nomak's bite, I forgot about that. I have my doubts he'd be able to bite Markus though, he's too strong IMO.

Nomak is an effective brawler, who relies a lot on his damage soak, but I would in no way call him extremely skilled. Most of the time, I think Markus would Probably just over power Nomak and filet him with his wings.

Blade is good, but he's completely outclassed power wise against Markus. He beat Frost via plot, without EDTA he would have been screwed, likewise if Nomak didn't kill himself Blade would have been s.o.l there too.

Star428
Good point on Nomak's bite, I forgot about that. I have my doubts he'd be able to bite Markus though, he's too strong IMO.

Nomak is an effective brawler, who relies a lot on his damage soak, but I would in no way call him extremely skilled. Most of the time, I think Markus would Probably just over power Nomak and filet him with his wings.

Blade is good, but he's completely outclassed power wise against Markus. He beat Frost via plot, without EDTA he would have been screwed, likewise if Nomak didn't kill himself Blade would have been s.o.l there too.

You don't think Nomak was extremely skilled? He was able to go toe-to-toe wtith Blade for a while. Unless u don't think of Blade as extremely skilled either (LOL) I'd say that was pretty damn impressive. Though I do agree Markus was more powerful.

juggerman
You don't think Nomak was extremely skilled? He was able to go toe-to-toe wtith Blade for a while. Unless u don't think of Blade as extremely skilled either (LOL) I'd say that was pretty damn impressive. Though I do agree Markus was more powerful.

Well to be fair Nomak wouldn't need to be as skilled if he was superior stat wise. For example Thor is more skilled in h2h than Hulk but because Hulk is stronger he can close the gap and win with much less skill.

Other examples are Blade vs blood god Frost, Superman vs Batman, or Hellboy vs that other Nomak cool

Khazra Reborn

Blade is quite skilled, as is Nomak, but I guess it's just a different kind of skill. Blade is a highly trained warrior, and Nomak just has s lot of fighting experience, and relies a lot on how much damage he can take.

I haven't seen Blade 2 for a minute, but as I recall it, Blade was clearly the more effective fighter, but Nomak was able to take all that Blade had and was eventually able to capitalize on Blade's mistakes, or tiredness or whatever you want to call it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes it was a lot of bullets but since it wasn't his weakness(silver) they had little effect. Just imagine the difference between Wolverine taking regular bullets vs him taking bullets that negate his healing factor. Big difference right? Same here

Yes Lucian's powers came from William's line, but he was clearly a different species which was made clear in Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Those bitten by William or wolves like him could not control themselves and could not turn human. Who knows what else they couldn't do. Besides, we can't just say William can do something we've never seen him do before.

Good point, but he is certainly not skilled or tactical in any way. He would be easily outsmarted or out fought especially by someone skilled with ranged weaponry.

Blade shoots enemies all the time. He also throws bladed weapons. No need to get close at all if he doesn't want to

You guys are kinda off here on what you're saying. Regular bullets CAN kill Werewolves... This is shown in the opening sequence of the movie where Raz's partner trying to capture Michael was killed by Regular bullets. So clearly they can kill and hurt them. The fact that William tank so many of them reinforces this point further.

Also, I'll have to watch again, but how do we know they were using UV bullets? Why would this be the case and a given? They were going after a Hybrid... they already knew he was from their first confrontation. He wasn't just a Vampire, so why would we assume they would treat him like one?

Kotor3

Blade shoots enemies all the time. He also throws bladed weapons. No need to get close at all if he doesn't want to Good points.

Blade would definitely win against William, I have not doubts about that. However, I cannot fully agree with the points on Lucien.

I know he was born different but (I do not recall) it was stated how to my knowledge. Marcus also was not originally a hybrid, so the bloodline allowed for different mutations.

The werewolves that William made at the end of the movie (Evolution) were being killed from the UV bullets Selene used on them whereas they did not kill William. So William is obviously different and perhaps vastly from any werewolf that he made.

*This raises that question: How did UV rounds kill werewolves?

Kotor3

Blade is good, but he's completely outclassed power wise against Markus. He beat Frost via plot, without EDTA he would have been screwed, likewise if Nomak didn't kill himself Blade would have been s.o.l there too. Markus is strong but I do not recall any feats of his that were greater than what Nomak did.

Nomak was killing pure blooded Vampires and did not slow down after being shoot numerous times. He took a whole fortress of Vampires and humans by himself.

As for skill he was skilled enough to fight Blade in hand to hand combat and hit Blade multiple times in both encounters.

As for EDTA, that also might work on Marcus or perhaps not since he became a hybrid. I do not put Marcus on the same level as Dracula from the Blade movies. He is below Dracula.

All of Blades weapons would have some effect on Marcus, something his weapons did not have on Nomak.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Good points.

Blade would definitely win against William, I have not doubts about that. However, I cannot fully agree with the points on Lucien.

I know he was born different but (I do not recall) it was stated how to my knowledge. Marcus also was not originally a hybrid, so the bloodline allowed for different mutations.

The werewolves that William made at the end of the movie (Evolution) were being killed from the UV bullets Selene used on them whereas they did not kill William. So William is obviously different and perhaps vastly from any werewolf that he made.

As my post mentions earlier... How do we know they were exclusively UV rounds. Where is this explicitly stated or shown? Why do you guys think Silver is their only weakness is beyond me. We see them physically beaten... we've seen bullets kill them... We seen swords kill them... We see stakes kill them. I'm literally confused on why people seem to believe Silver is the only way to kill them. It's not. We saw the creatures William made killed by whatever bullets they were.. if you guys call them UV.. that further reinforces how impressive it was William tanked them. If they weren't, they further reinforces any kind of bullet can kill them.

Star428
Well to be fair Nomak wouldn't need to be as skilled if he was superior stat wise. For example Thor is more skilled in h2h than Hulk but because Hulk is stronger he can close the gap and win with much less skill.

Other examples are Blade vs blood god Frost, Superman vs Batman, or Hellboy vs that other Nomak cool

Yes, i realize that. Power usually trumps skill. I've argued that plenty of times in CBvF. That doesn't mean Nomak wasn't highly skilled though. If u watch his fights with Blade closely (especially the first one) he looked pretty damn skilled in them. Not quite as skilled as Blade, of course, but certainly much more than anbody else that Blade fought. That's how it appeared to me anyway.

Star428
You guys are kinda off here on what you're saying. Regular bullets CAN kill Werewolves... This is shown in the opening sequence of the movie where Raz's partner trying to capture Michael was killed by Regular bullets. So clearly they can kill and hurt them. The fact that William tank so many of them reinforces this point further.

Also, I'll have to watch again, but how do we know they were using UV bullets? Why would this be the case and a given? They were going after a Hybrid... they already knew he was from their first confrontation. He wasn't just a Vampire, so why would we assume they would treat him like one?

Because the leader of the mortal team said that's all they had. That's how.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Okay, and then those same bullets killed werewolves there... Just like swords did.. stakes.. spears... bare hands... regular bullets. This whole notion of it needing to be Silver is what I'm disputing and proving.

Star428
That's fine. I'm not arguing that silver has to be used to kill them and I never was. I was simply correcting the guy who said they shot him with silver. You have to admit though that silver is more efficient at killing them than anything else.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree and I'm sure it is. I'm only talking about William's damage soak and people acting like it was no big deal he tanked machine gun fire. The machine gun fire from the Chopper was a high caliber gun as well it seemed. Point is, him tanking all the gun fire he did proves his damage soak

carver9
The nurse showing isn't Blades best. Giving this to Nomak and Blade.

Kotor3
As my post mentions earlier... How do we know they were exclusively UV rounds. Where is this explicitly stated or shown? Why do you guys think Silver is their only weakness is beyond me. We see them physically beaten... we've seen bullets kill them... We seen swords kill them... We see stakes kill them. I'm literally confused on why people seem to believe Silver is the only way to kill them. It's not. We saw the creatures William made killed by whatever bullets they were.. if you guys call them UV.. that further reinforces how impressive it was William tanked them. If they weren't, they further reinforces any kind of bullet can kill them. I didn't have time to look up whether they were UV rounds or not so I took their word for it. My post agree with you. We saw the other werewolves die whereas William did not. Sliver was the most effective way as I recall from the movie not the only way. I do not believe anyone is stating that sliver is the only means to kill werewolves in Underworld.

Star428
Originally posted by carver9
The nurse showing isn't Blades best. Giving this to Nomak and Blade.

Are u going to enlighten us by telling us what it was then? I'm pretty sure whatever it is isn't as good as either of Markus' two insane strength feats at end of Evolution.

carver9
Are u going to enlighten us by telling us what it was then? I'm pretty sure whatever it is isn't as good as either of Markus' two insane strength feats at end of Evolution.

Blade punching power is far better than Markus hits whereas Marcus has better lifting fts. If you're basing it off of pulling and tugging then Markus has Blade beat but if we base it off of hits displayed during fights (which matter most here) then Blade wins.

Star428
Horse manure. I never saw anything to make me think Blade had soooooo much superior punching power as you're claiming. Only reason I originally said the Blade team wins was because of Blade and Nomak's skill and the fact that Blade has the specific types of weapons needed to win. If not for those weapons the Blade team would lose hard.

Kotor3
I have to watch again but didn't Blade roundhouse kick Drake and make Drake fly through glass across the room.

Star428
Oh yeah, I forgot about his fight with "Dracula". That was impressive.

Kotor3
I also just watch his first first with Nomak. He also kicks Nomak and sends him flying. I personally think Blade movies have greater combat feats then underworld.

juggerman

What regular bullets killed him? The vamps were using silver bullets there. And I never said reg bullets/weapon couldn't hurt them, but they have healing factors which is why I used Wolverine as an example.

I duuno if they knew Marcus was a hybrid or not. I have the same issue as I've not seen the film in years but I do remember they only had UV rounds so the plan was to stop Marcus before he released William

juggerman
Good points.

Thank you

Glad we at least agree on Blade vs William

Lucian was actually born not created via a bite like most of them. In fact I think he was the only known naturally born Lycan. But more to the point, Lucian was the only one that showed the abilty to force out silver from his body. Maybe it was because he was old, or maybe it was because he trained his body specifically to do that and no one else did. Either way we can't assume Willaim can because neither he nor any other of his kind has shown the ability.

I don't remember that but if that's true then good catch. William is the most powerful wolf being the original(besides the Super Lycan but werewolves and lycan are different imo) so I'd expect him to tank stuff that others can't.

Underworld isn't the most consistant series out there. Maybe it was just a f*ck up

juggerman
Yes, i realize that. Power usually trumps skill. I've argued that plenty of times in CBvF. That doesn't mean Nomak wasn't highly skilled though. If u watch his fights with Blade closely (especially the first one) he looked pretty damn skilled in them. Not quite as skilled as Blade, of course, but certainly much more than anbody else that Blade fought. That's how it appeared to me anyway.

Oh I agree with you. Nomak was skilled, just not Blade skilled. His stats closed the gap. But I was just saying how a character may not need to be skilled if his stats were crazy high

carver9
I have to watch again but didn't Blade roundhouse kick Drake and make Drake fly through glass across the room.

Yep and kicks a guy across the room into a thick steel door and knock said door down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kM7ZhM2ufFg

KickKicked a guy into a steel pole and dents it. Have some major hitting fts in this fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
To me it seems clear all of them are stronger than blade. Blade bridges that gap n becomes no. 2 overall between the 4 on my list

Kotor3

Khazra Reborn
High end Lycans like Lucian can tank silver bullets, as seen in the first movie, which is why the vamps developed the silver nitrate rounds. But that's not really relevant since Blade only carries normal silver rounds, and William isn't very susceptible to them, and Markus as a hybrid, is completely immune to both silver and sunlight.

juggerman

juggerman

juggerman
High end Lycans like Lucian can tank silver bullets, as seen in the first movie, which is why the vamps developed the silver nitrate rounds. But that's not really relevant since Blade only carries normal silver rounds, and William isn't very susceptible to them, and Markus as a hybrid, is completely immune to both silver and sunlight.

Well that's not true, Lucian was very susceptible to silver which is why he needed to remove it from his body. Also William has never once shown a resistance to silver. He was subdued by it when he was captured and never encountered it again. He was never stated to have any resistance whatsoever.

As for Marcus being immune to sunlight, didn't he hide from the sun after chasing the trunk? My memory is fuzzy

Kotor3
I'm not choosin anything really. We never see William(or anyone else besides Lucian for that matter) do it so we cannot assume he can. We also never get an explanation for how he did it(meaning is it something you can do once old enough or is it something you have to train to do). Without either William himself doing it or the reason behind Lucian being able to do it we just can't say William could. Besides if you watch the scene it looked as though Lucian had to focus to pull it off. Not something William would be doing in the middle of the fight if he can focus like that at all

1. Nomak would be closer to Lucian imo since they both are mutated versions of the original strain. And since that's the case it would be more likely this ability is a result of that mutation just as Nomak can turn Vampires into Reapers and is immune to silver

2. Nomak was a mutation too and it allowed him to do things that were impossible with the original strain Fair enough. My main point is that William should be able to tank anything Lucien can and more. That is what I derived from the scene where William was being tripped teamed by Selene, Michael and the soldiers.

As for the Nomak comparison my point is that William is clearly not affected the same way as his creations, similar to Nomak.

In reference to Lucien he was more of an evolution of the strain whereas Nomak was more of a scientific experiment. Lucien could tank more than the other lycans but was still affected in the same way. The same things that killed lycans (including Lucien) and werewolves did not kill William, similarly to Nomak and his creations.

My whole point which I believe you agree with is that William was in a tier of his own. He could tank more and was not as susceptible as the other Lycans and werewolves to the weapons that killed them.

juggerman
Fair enough. My main point is that William should be able to tank anything Lucien can and more. That is what I derived from the scene where William was being tripped teamed by Selene, Michael and the soldiers.

As for the Nomak comparison my point is that William is clearly not affected the same way as his creations, similar to Nomak.

In reference to Lucien he was more of an evolution of the strain whereas Nomak was more of a scientific experiment. Lucien could tank more than the other lycans but was still affected in the same way. The same things that killed lycans (including Lucien) and werewolves did not kill William, similarly to Nomak and his creations.

My whole point which I believe you agree with is that William was in a tier of his own. He could tank more and was not as susceptible as the other Lycans and werewolves to the weapons that killed them.

Yes I do agree William is beyond any other werewolf or lycan. I was only pointing out we cannot use Lucian's ability to reject silver for William since there is no explanation behind it. We can rightly assume William is stronger and faster since that has been established in the story(older=stronger and faster)

Well I never got the impression Nomak was different from other Reapers. They all had the same strengths and weaknesses. But now that I think about it, did any other Reaper talk? I can only remember them being pretty primal. You may have a point here

Here is where I do disagree with you. Nomak could be killed just like any other Reaper. Sunlight or silver to the heart were the only ways. Nomak was no different.

Kotor3
Yes I do agree William is beyond any other werewolf or lycan. I was only pointing out we cannot use Lucian's ability to reject silver for William since there is no explanation behind it. We can rightly assume William is stronger and faster since that has been established in the story(older=stronger and faster)

Well I never got the impression Nomak was different from other Reapers. They all had the same strengths and weaknesses. But now that I think about it, did any other Reaper talk? I can only remember them being pretty primal. You may have a point here

Here is where I do disagree with you. Nomak could be killed just like any other Reaper. Sunlight or silver to the heart were the only ways. Nomak was no different. I believe you are right about Nomak in terms of his weakness. He was not different from the other reapers.

The only difference is that he had full control of his mental abilities as well as his thirst since he had the original strand of the virus.

Either way I believe we both agree Blade and Nomak for the win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nomak is clearly different and more powerful than the other reapers. This is shown by his clear strength and skill superiority. As well as him taking the weakness Blade injected him with. It affected him but he was able to over come it

Surtur
I also just watch his first first with Nomak. He also kicks Nomak and sends him flying. I personally think Blade movies have greater combat feats then underworld.

Eh, what about Marcus smashing into that speeding truck and actually moving it via smashing into it? Or pulling that helicopter down by himself?

EDIT: Okay, I see you mentioned "combat" feats, so maybe you meant just fights, but I see no reason why the strength can't be applied to combat. Whether it showed it or not, Marcus can tug down a friggin helicopter, how is he not hitting harder then Blade? If I have a feat of a character who does nothing but lift up a car, are we saying he doesn't have any more punching power then a normal person because his only feat is lifting?

Khazra Reborn
Well that's not true, Lucian was very susceptible to silver which is why he needed to remove it from his body. Also William has never once shown a resistance to silver. He was subdued by it when he was captured and never encountered it again. He was never stated to have any resistance whatsoever.

As for Marcus being immune to sunlight, didn't he hide from the sun after chasing the trunk? My memory is fuzzy

Lucian took several silver bullets to the chest and one in the skull, they barely slowed him down. He was very resistant to them. And William wasn't subdued by silver, a horde of vamps contained him with spears and chains. Lycans gain power as they age (no longer reliant on the moon to transform, gaining resistance to silver etc) and being that William is the oldest Lycan, logic would dictate that he'd have a pretty solid resistance.

No he didn't hide, he went to rest after his run in with Selene and Michael. Besides that, Michael is the same thing as Markus and he's seen in the sunlight many times.

Star428
Actually, Markus isn't quite the same thing as Michael. Michael is a true 50/50 hybrid while Markus is a (mostly) vampire hybrid. Since we never see Markus in the daylight we can't just assume that he's immune to it just because he's a hybrid. He's got much more vamp in him than Michael does.

Khazra Reborn
Huh? There was no mention of Markus being more vampire. Both Michael and Markus are descendants of Corvinus, and each tasted Lycan and vampire blood, the only reason Markus looked different is because he was a powerful elder.

On top of that, I havent seen Evolution in a while, but I'm almost positive Markus is shown in sunlight

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's stated in the movies website that intake does matter. MarCus being bitten by a bat but only drinking Lycan blood is the difference. He's not a pure 50/50 Hybrid like Michael. Michael was bitten by both species. Is think that makes the difference.

Also I'm pretty sure he can't be in the sunlight. I thought he chase scene where they first encounter him in the car... I thought they escaped because it became light out and he could no longer fly and search for them.

juggerman
Lucian took several silver bullets to the chest and one in the skull, they barely slowed him down. He was very resistant to them. And William wasn't subdued by silver, a horde of vamps contained him with spears and chains. Lycans gain power as they age (no longer reliant on the moon to transform, gaining resistance to silver etc) and being that William is the oldest Lycan, logic would dictate that he'd have a pretty solid resistance.

No he didn't hide, he went to rest after his run in with Selene and Michael. Besides that, Michael is the same thing as Markus and he's seen in the sunlight many times.

William wasn't a lycan. He was a werewolf. Difference is lycans can change back and forth and have higher brain function. Which means that the advantages lycans gain with age does not translate to their werewolf brethren. And those spears and chains were silver iirc

Marcus was never in sunlight to my knowledge. If he wasn't hiding, why'd didn't he keep chasing them? I'm honestly asking since I remember it that he was hiding but it was a while ago

Khazra Reborn
Markus couldn't fly anymore because he was run over by a truck, and it broke his wings, not because of the daylight.

Edit: I don't see why being bitten, or drinking the blood matters. Michael was a Lycan first, if we go by this logic, then Michael is more Lycan than Vamp. Aside from all this, it's never mentioned anywhere that there's different degrees of hybridization, this is all complete conjecture.

juggerman
Markus couldn't fly anymore because he was run over by a truck, and it broke his wings, not because of the daylight.

Edit: I don't see why being bitten, or drinking the blood matters. Michael was a Lycan first, if we go by this logic, then Michael is more Lycan than Vamp. Aside from all this, it's never mentioned anywhere that there's different degrees of hybridization, this is all complete conjecture.

Yup I remember that now but he did sleep in a shed away from the sun and didn't resume his travels until night. I'm not convinced he was immune to sun

Michael never transformed tho. It was made clear he had to have both bites before he changed to be a hybrid

Khazra Reborn
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. Markus obviously didn't transform until he was a hybrid either.

At any rate, I'll just have to watch Evolution again, I'm almost positive Markus was seen in the sunlight, but I haven't seen it for a little while.

juggerman
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. Markus obviously didn't transform until he was a hybrid either.

At any rate, I'll just have to watch Evolution again, I'm almost positive Markus was seen in the sunlight, but I haven't seen it for a little while.

Marcus was already a vampire. The bite from the bat transformed him into a vampire. Michael never transformed into a lycan. He was bitten but didn't turn yet. That's why the fake cops injected him with (silver?) in the back of the car because they didn't want him to be a lycan. The transformation never took hold fully until after Selene bit him

KuRuPT Thanosi
and again, Michael was bitten, while MarCus (already a vampire) merely drank Lycan blood. This also added to what Juggs is saying.

Surtur
Marcus and Michael were both hybrids. The reason they look different is because Michael was a lycan first who then became a hybrid, while Marcus was a vampire first who then became a hybrid. It seems becoming a hybrid brings out more quality of what you originally were. So Marcus, who was bitten by a bat and was a vampire..sprouted wings like a bat. Michael, on the other hand..became something that looks more like a werewolf..but a more humanoid version. It thus allowed him retain the strength of the lycan form without the need to turn into this big clunky animal. Thus, he could retain that strength whilst still being incredibly quick. Not that normal Lycans weren't quick, but just not AS quick. They weren't capable of pulling the "now you see me now you don't" speed.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Surtur
Eh, what about Marcus smashing into that speeding truck and actually moving it via smashing into it? Or pulling that helicopter down by himself?

EDIT: Okay, I see you mentioned "combat" feats, so maybe you meant just fights, but I see no reason why the strength can't be applied to combat. Whether it showed it or not, Marcus can tug down a friggin helicopter, how is he not hitting harder then Blade? If I have a feat of a character who does nothing but lift up a car, are we saying he doesn't have any more punching power then a normal person because his only feat is lifting? I never stated that Marcus was not more powerful than Blade. I believe Marcus is definitely more powerful but that is it. Marcus feats I see being performed by everyone that Blade fought, Nomak, Drake, and Frost. So, I still feel just with his sword Blade would defeat Marcus due to his level of skill.

Placidity
Hey Noobs,

There are 7 types of hybrids.

1. Lycan(dominant)-Vampire Hybrid (Michael)

2. Neutral Hybrid (Sonja's baby)

3. Vampire(dominant)-Lycan Hybrid (Markus)

4. Vampire-Corvinus Hybrid (Selene)

5. Lycan-Corvinus Hybrid (Quint)

6. Tri-Blood (Tri-Lazor) Hybrid (Eve)

7. Gay Hybrid (Quanchi)

All in the wiki. You're welcome.

Star428
"Noobs". LOL. I thought that was a term used for someone "new" at something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.