Ahsoka Tano vs. Darth Thanaton (Lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on the Invisible hand

Nephthys
That Leia feat appears to be false.

Or it's just an absurd outlier that happens sometimes, likely through lack of research.

Nephthys
Nowhere does it say she did that in a few seconds, it says they did that with a few seconds to spare.

ILS
Leia cleared three stories of a building in the time it took Han Solo to state three short sentences which is pretty dope speeds, far from human.

Bane on the other hand cleared 2 kilometers in 2-4 minutes, which is anything from 18-37mph.

Captain America can run a minute mile with a wounded soldier in his arms - 60mph.

Usain Bolt's top speed is 30mph with an average sprint being 23.5.

Bane is slow as ****.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
Leia cleared three stories of a building in the time it took Han Solo to state three short sentences which is pretty dope speeds, far from human.

Bane on the other hand cleared 2 kilometers in 2-4 minutes, which is anything from 18-37mph.

Captain America can run a minute mile with a wounded soldier in his arms - 60mph.

Bane is slow as ****.
thumb up

Yeah, those numbers really put on a proper perspective on Bane's speed which is really not imrpessive at all for a Force-user.

|King Joker|
You can run a mile that fast, Stigma?

Stigma
A kilometer, which is about 0.6 mile.

Also looking again at the numbers ILS posted Usain Bolt's average sprint is faster than estimated lower end of Bane's speed. WTF.

ILS
"A canine with one of the guard teams must have caught her smell. It growled as she passed, but before the guards could turn on their infrared scanners, Aryn was already a hundred meters away." -Deceived

If it takes 2 seconds for a guard to flick a switch on his helmet, and Aryn cleared 100m before he could even do that (we'll use 1 second as a rough gauge), her speed is around 223mph.

Aryn Leneer would run rings around Darth Bane lol.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
"A canine with one of the guard teams must have caught her smell. It growled as she passed, but before the guards could turn on their infrared scanners, Aryn was already a hundred meters away." -Deceived

If it takes 2 seconds for a guard to flick a switch on his helmet, and Aryn cleared 100m before he could even do that (we'll use 1 second as a rough gauge), her speed is around 223mph.

Aryn Leneer would run rings around Darth Bane lol.
Nice find, ILS thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS

Bane is slow as ****.

There's no indication Bane was trying to run as fast as he could and for a bunch of the time he was moving slow enough that Zannah could keep up. We don't even know how long it took him nor how far he ran. Comparing those feats is pointless.

Run speed is indicative of nothing for combat speed. It's also pointless to mention it. Some works make it really fast, others nothing special.

ILS
The indication he was trying his best:
"He didn't look back as he broke into a full run. The ground rushed by beneath his feet, a blur of motion as he called on the Force to drive him forward. The pain in his head vanished, swept away by the anticipation of battle and the physical exhilaration of his charge."

The distance and Bane's own estimated time:
"That was how, still two kilometers and several minutes away from where Kaan and his army had made their camp, he knew others were already there."

The camp was only coming into view slightly after nearly a minute of sprinting:
"Within sixty seconds the Sith camp came into view, the outlines of the doomed mercenaries clearly visible as they argued over which objects were worthy of plunder."

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Run speed is indicative of nothing for combat speed. It's also pointless to mention it. Some works make it really fast, others nothing special.

So you're telling me you can't move your arms and legs as fast as you could while sprinting as fast as you can, when swinging a lightsaber?

The "some works" argument doesn't matter unless you can give me definitive proof that all works aren't meant to be considered consistent with each other.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
"He didn't look back as he broke into a full run. The ground rushed by beneath his feet, a blur of motion as he called on the Force to drive him forward. The pain in his head vanished, swept away by the anticipation of battle and the physical exhilaration of his charge."

"That was how, still two kilometers and several minutes away from where Kaan and his army had made their camp, he knew others were already there."

"Within sixty seconds the Sith camp came into view, the outlines of the doomed mercenaries clearly visible as they argued over which objects were worthy of plunder." thumb up

Bane's speed is in question tbh.

I foresee phrase "Bane gets speedblitzed' to be of a common usage very soon.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS

"Within sixty seconds the Sith camp came into view, the outlines of the doomed mercenaries clearly visible as they argued over which objects were worthy of plunder."

That's an indication that he was running, not that he was running at full speed. Why would he, theres no rush and he shouldn't tire himself out or anything.

Bane was walking for a time after he estimated that distance.

"Within sixty seconds" just means before 60 seconds. It could mean any time under a minute.

ILS
Bane gets tired from running 2km?

Also where was it said he took a break to walk and stuff? Also, the text makes it pretty clear he's at least running at a healthy pace. It's not like if he ran his hardest the calc would change drastically.

Also so we can avoid the "different works" argument let's discuss another work by Drew; Revan. From Ant's thread:

"The entire battle between Revan and Emperor Vitiate, including the aftermath, all happened in only a few seconds. This included crossing a 120 foot walkway twice, releasing pulses of energy, defending against immense lightning attacks, and the destruction of T3-M4.

"It all happened in the space of only a few seconds."

―Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan"

By few seconds I'll take that to mean anything from 3-6 seconds. That's anything from 27-54mph based on the walkway alone, never mind all of the other actions going on during and after those times. And to boot, Revan wasn't running at his fastest either that I know.

Ouch.

Oh, and this was done on an exceptionally potent dark side nexus to boot. The irony. big grin

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
Bane gets tired from running 2km?

Also where was it said he took a break to walk and stuff? Also, the text makes it pretty clear he's at least running at a healthy pace. It's not like if he ran his hardest the calc would change drastically.

Also so we can avoid the "different works" argument let's discuss another work by Drew; Revan. From Ant's thread:

"The entire battle between Revan and Emperor Vitiate, including the aftermath, all happened in only a few seconds. This included crossing a 120 foot walkway twice, releasing pulses of energy, defending against immense lightning attacks, and the destruction of T3-M4.

"It all happened in the space of only a few seconds."

―Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan"

By few seconds I'll take that to mean anything from 3-6 seconds. That's anything from 27-54mph based on the walkway alone, never mind all of the other actions going on during and after those times. And to boot, Revan wasn't running at his fastest either that I know.

Ouch.

Oh, and this was done on an exceptionally potent dark side nexus to boot. The irony. big grin
Damn it, ILS. Wow, even Viti can speedblitz Bane.....my god.

Nephthys
You know what, I was about to write a response (after dinner) but I can tell this is just going to lead to trolling and spite so nah. Circlejerk all you want.

ILS
thumb up

The_Tempest
Curious developments.

Stigma
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Curious developments.
Indeed.

carthage
LOL

carthage
sooo the topic?

AncientPower
Revan, Scourge, Surik, Vitiate, & Guards speed > Bane and Zannah speed.

Stigma
Originally posted by AncientPower
Revan, Scourge, Surik, Vitiate, & Guards speed > Bane and Zannah speed.
Are we really surprised, tho.

There were some doubts already as to Bane's speed and now when his anti-feats are introduced, it just confirms it.

toplel
goddamn man, me and ils really was the top trolling duo looking at this thread, with stigma and carth as our field soldiers

UCanShootMyNova
Carth has valiantly carried on the campaign in your absence.

Total Warrior
Ahsoka easily. saber only is not Thanatos''s forte

Rockydonovang
lets not act like adding force helps thanaton one bit against someone who can challenge a guy capable of putting up barriers capable of tanking ship dissolving explosions

UCanShootMyNova
That's if we're using composite versions.

Rockydonovang
Er, what? Vader's feat isn't legends, its Canon.

UCanShootMyNova
Oh yeh. Kaibuur crystals. Good scaling for Canon.

deathslash
Damn, this thread is hilarious and it gave me some new ammo to use against my friend and his Bane wank. Thanks KMC.

toplel
Originally posted by deathslash
Damn, this thread is hilarious and it gave me some new ammo to use against my friend and his Bane wank. Thanks KMC.
always nice to help a friend in need, good luck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.