RotJ Luke vs. DoE Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Instead of facing off with Vader Luke fights Bane.

Bane has the knowledge of Luke's sister and wants to recruit her to be his apprentice.

Setting: Death Star II

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

Angelalex242
Luke has a much easier time with this then he did with Vader.

Nephthys
Bane destroys him easily. Spoilers:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070405230328/starwars/nl/images/d/d1/Luke_Force_Lightning.jpg

Stigma
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane destroys him easily.
Vader didn't destroy him easily. Why would Bane? FL can be blocked or dodged, man.

Nephthys
Vader didn't attack him directly with the Force. And Bane's lightning isn't something Luke can handle.

ILS
I don't think Bane can handle Luke's speed. I recommend pitting Luke against someone who can run faster than Captain America.

Stigma
Well, with new evidence regarding Bane's speed this is pretty much the case tbh.

Anyways

@ Neph. Yeah, true about the Force attacks. On the other hand if Hetton can dodge Bane's FL, so can Luke.

carthage
Bane gets blitzed

The Merchant
ROTJ Luke was making more after images with his blade than even Exar Kun.

ILS
Originally posted by The Merchant
ROTJ Luke was making more after images with his blade than even Exar Kun. By that logic some really sh*tty duelists are faster than Kun lol. Afterimages are just art.

Angelalex242
That picture of Luke getting shocked WAS done by ROTJ Sidious. Bane is no Sidious. Not even close. Bane can't take Vader either.

Nephthys
That's not an argument that's related to this fight. Bane would still show Luke his zaps even if he weren't close to a Sidious who was clearly barely trying.

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
By that logic some really sh*tty duelists are faster than Kun lol. Afterimages are just art.

thumb up

Bane dies.

Angelalex242
Anyways, most ROTJ Luke comparisons boil down to whether you think he's a piker far inferior to his father, or more on par with his father.

SunRazer
Luke literally disarmed himself when Palpatine unleashed the bolts, and in the novelization Luke's Deflection was initially successful to some degree. He isn't giving up his lightsaber here and Bane isn't remotely as powerful as Palpatine.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Luke literally disarmed himself when Palpatine unleashed the bolts, and in the novelization Luke's Deflection was initially successful to some degree. He isn't giving up his lightsaber here and Bane isn't remotely as powerful as Palpatine.

Still not proof that Luke can block Bane's lightning. Luke "deflected" Sidious' weak lightning before he increased the power and that's contradicted by the movie where he clearly doesn't deflect anything. There's no indication Luke knew how to block lightning with his saber either or would be effective with it.

SunRazer
He never encountered Lightning with his saber, but a number of Jedi have done it on their first attempt.

Nephthys
At this point Luke didn't even know how to block a force choke, I doubt he's really capable of it.

Also he's not powerful enough. Bane's lightning is too powerful for a guy with no feats or proven ability.

SunRazer
You don't block a Force Choke with a lightsaber, lmao.

Even Hetton and the Huntress dodged Bane's Lightning, so Luke can do so. And his strength canonically matches Vader's, so he can withstand the impact of the Lightning slamming into his blade.

Nephthys
It was an example of Luke's inexperience and lack of training, dummy!

SunRazer
It's incomparable to this example.

Nephthys
No it isn't. It's a force technique just like drawing lightning into a blade is. If Luke isn't knowledgeable of one then it sets a precedent that suggests he wouldn't be in another.

And you mean like he dodged Sidious' lightning? Yeah it really is just that easy to dodge lightning I guess. Total non-factor 100% of the time. thumb up

SunRazer
Luke has demonstrated sufficient reaction speed and lightsaber skill to repel Lightning on his blade - he's also demonstrated a variety of powers that conflict with the notion of him being utterly inexperienced with the Force like you're implying.

And drawing Lightning into a blade, is, as I said, irrelevant to Choke, which doesn't involve lightsabers and more of just raw power.

Nephthys
Lightsaber skill has jack shit to do with blocking lightning, he's not gonna out-fence it. And I didn't say he's inexperienced, he could pull off a force choke himself but clearly he is in certain respects such as basic defensive techniques.

If you have proof that Luke does possess this knowledge maybe you should be posting it instead of nitpicking my example.

SunRazer
What basic defensive techniques? He's already shown Force Deflection by this point of time.

I don't need to. Beings who are clearly beneath Luke have avoided Lightning before - including Bane's.

Nephthys
The one I just said? And I argued that Luke deflecting Sidious' lightning contradicts the movie.

But Luke didn't. On screen. wink

Beniboybling
Eh? Luke Skywalker doesn't know how to defend against Force choke?

Proof that Luke is lacking in basic defensive techniques? Passive defenses of that kind are among the first things a Force sensitive is taught, and indeed untrained Force-sensitives sometimes develop natural defenses.

Yoda said he had nothing left to teach Luke, and Kenobi said he was ready to face Vader. Do you really think Yoda and Kenobi are going to send Luke off to fight Vader and the Emperor without the ability to defend himself? Lol ok.

And for the record Luke had mastered tutanimis:And then of course he deflects Palpatine's lightning in the novelisation:
Irrespective of whether it appears to occur in the film, it's canon proof of concept that deflecting Force lightning is not beyond his capabilities.

Nor is his failure to successfully do so against Sidious proof he couldn't do so against the inferior Bane.

Not really trying? When Sidious was "not really trying" he reduced a pair of Dark Side Prophets to dust. Even when "not trying" Sidious still surpasses Bane by a mile. And considering Sidious was afraid of Luke I really doubt he held back that much. If he can deflect Sidious' superior lightning to any level of effect, he can handle Bane's, he has the tools to do so.

Frankly it's the only feasible advantage Bane possesses, his sole chance of victory is riding on this factor. He's not going to net many wins.

SunRazer
@Neph - So what if it wasn't the same as in the movie. By that logic, you'd disallow half of the RotS novel to be used as an argument.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by SunRazer
@Neph - So what if it wasn't the same as in the movie. By that logic, you'd disallow half of the RotS novel to be used as an argument.

Correct. And that's nothing new for Neph.

Nephthys
True.

Zenwolf
Plus it should be noted, the scenes of the Lighting with Luke kept switching about so there is room for him to have deflected some of the Lighting away even if it wasn't shown.

I mean even in the script it says he was successful(abit half successful) in deflecting them.

So Luke clearly can even by ROTJ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.