Liberal Professor Speaks Out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Professor speaks out against the condition of being the new American condition. Powerful read. What makes it true for me, more then just seeing it on TV, is a small test group AKA, Killer Movies, where more people are concerned about "feelings, then issues."

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/3/8706323/college-professor-afraid

Shakyamunison
Well, you can hurt my feelings more then you can hurt my issues.

Bashar Teg
typically i concern myself with feelings first, and than i move on to issues.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Professor speaks out against the condition of being the new American condition. Powerful read. What makes it true for me, more then just seeing it on TV, is a small test group AKA, Killer Movies, where more people are concerned about "feelings, then issues."

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/3/8706323/college-professor-afraid

So this bogeyman complaint he's worried about hasn't actually happened. Perhaps this overblown sensitivity he fears is not as widespread as he thinks.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
typically i concern myself with feelings first, and than i move on to issues.

http://static1.holidayextras.com/images/family-travel/crying-baby.jpg

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
So this bogeyman complaint he's worried about hasn't actually happened. Perhaps this overblown sensitivity he fears is not as widespread as he thinks.

Where did it say it didn't happen?

Bardock42
Like a couple paragraphs into the article:

Time Immemorial
Like a couple paragraphs into the article:

So the complaint was filed..why did you say it wasn't?

Bardock42
So the complaint was filed..why did you say it wasn't?

No, he is specifically talking about that he didn't get a complaint by a liberal, but by a conservative, who accused him of being a communist. He talks about how he is afraid that he'll be accused by a liberal, but he hasn't yet. Did you read the whole article?

Robtard
So in nine years he's only received one complaint and he's acting like Henny Penny over it? Do I have this correct?

He seems like a sensitive little bitchboy to me on top of possibly being a LINO.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
So in nine years he's only received one complaint and he's acting like Henny Penny over it? Do I have this correct?

He seems like a sensitive little bitchboy to me on top of possibly being a LINO.

Even worse. He's only received one complaint and it wasn't by the people he is so afraid of.

At any rate, I do think it is an interesting piece altogether. There's definitely a discussion that could be had about identity politics in liberal circles. But I don't think he'd be interested in this being used as a cheap shot against liberals generally, that kind of simplification seems exactly like what he is speaking out against, albeit from the other side this time.

Time Immemorial
No, he is specifically talking about that he didn't get a complaint by a liberal, but by a conservative, who accused him of being a communist. He talks about how he is afraid that he'll be accused by a liberal, but he hasn't yet. Did you read the whole article?

I did, he never said a complaint was filed by a conservative..that would dismiss the whole article then.

Bardock42
I did, he never said a complaint was filed by a conservative..that would dismiss the whole article then.

He didn't say it was filed by a conservative, but he made it clear that the complaint wasn't filed by someone in the camp that he is now worried about.

and

I don't agree that it dismisses the article though, his point is still one that can be considered and discussed. In fact, as a badge wearing SJW and in your opinion probably an overemotional Liberal, I can tell you that in the media I have been consuming lately the question of how people within the community striving for social justice treat each other regarding disagreements has been a very common one.

Time Immemorial
You changed your story twice, pretty unfair.

First:

When it was filed.

Second:

When it wasn't clear what political affiliation the student was.

If you want to dismiss the whole article because it has some unclear idea's, up to you. Has tons of other good info in it.

ArtificialGlory
That article triggered me. I hope the shitlord goes to jail.

Bardock42
You changed your story twice, pretty unfair.

First:

When it was filed.

Second:

When it wasn't clear what political affiliation the student was.

If you want to dismiss the whole article because it has some unclear idea's, up to you. Has tons of other good info in it.

Hmm, I don't think I changed my story. I think this is based on a misreading of what I said initially. The bogeyman I am referring to is a complaint by a liberal about how he hurt their feelings. He has never received such a complaint.

The only complaint he has received is from someone who's politics are anti-communist (likely a conservative of some shade in the US) who complained about the content of his class being wrong.

The article doesn't have much info really, it's an opinion piece. I do share part of the opinion though, I just think it is interesting that he is so afraid of this thing that has never happened to him.

Ushgarak
Yeah I am really unclear how this is a 'liberal' issue. It seems to be a combination of crappy employment rights and awful safeguarding procedures- assuming it is true at all.

Time Immemorial
Hmm, I don't think I changed my story. I think this is based on a misreading of what I said initially. The bogeyman I am referring to is a complaint by a liberal about how he hurt their feelings. He has never received such a complaint.

The only complaint he has received is from someone who's politics are anti-communist (likely a conservative of some shade in the US) who complained about the content of his class being wrong.

The article doesn't have much info really, it's an opinion piece. I do share part of the opinion though, I just think it is interesting that he is so afraid of this thing that has never happened to him.

Fair enough, but you don't have to be anti-communist to be conservative though.

Robtard
You're absolutely right, but it helps a lot.

Surtur
I just want to meet the COLLEGE student that was offended by Mark Twain.

On second thought, no I don't, I'd hurt my hand via delivering all those well deserved b*tch slaps. I'd General Patton that motherf*cker.

Surtur
Also did anyone watch one of the videos posted in the link? Where some teacher starts off saying how teachers are expected to end poverty. So apparently one person said "a good teacher can end poverty" which yeah is asinine to say and this teacher took issue with it.

However, the first thing she takes issue with is another guy saying "a good teacher can walk on water". Then she goes on to say "oh he is saying to be a good teacher you need to be Christ-like or more then human".

*shakes head* The walk on water guy was just using a figure of speech, it was never meant to imply you need to be Christ-like. Shouldn't a teacher be able to tell the difference?

Bardock42
This update in the article is the reality:

The issue is not extremist liberals who put feelings first, its psychopaths on the other site who dox, harass and attack people.

ArtificialGlory
This update in the article is the reality:

The issue is not extremist liberals who put feelings first, its psychopaths on the other site who dox, harass and attack people.

Both sides dox, harass, and attack people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.