Man's Anti-Caitlyn Jenner Post Goes Viral but then...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
You see this a lot in Social Media - someone is praised in droves and then there is an abundance of folks decrying said praise.

Terry Coffey was one of those folks who posted on facebook how Caitlyn Jenner's comparisons to bravery were silly, implying that true bravery was not found in a transgendered persons struggles, but instead the US Military. He posted the following:

http://s3.birthmoviesdeath.com/images/made/marwencol1_1200_1486_s.png

You've probably seen it shared on your facebook somewhere.

There's been an abundance of these popping up, even folks posting fake notices of award transgressions, but regardless.

Terry's Post was shared millions of times by millions of people. But then something interesting happened on the internet.

Terry's new fame lead him to realize he should probably credit the person who took that photo, and what he found blew his mind.

http://s3.birthmoviesdeath.com/images/made/marwencol2_1200_1466_s.png

http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/04/terry-coffey-jenner-bravery/

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06/03/how-marwencol-changed-a-transphobic-caitlyn-jenner-haters-mind

This kind of blew my mind reading online this morning. I looked at this guys actual facebook page to see if the most recent development is true, and it is. It's right there.

Someone realized the power of their words, and in a twist of fate realized their flaw, and has since been changed for the better. Pretty great little story if you ask me.

|King Joker|
Yeah, this is pretty awesome. smile

Ushgarak
Yeah the net is pretty short on positive human stories like this, so nice to hear this one.

Bardock42
That's really amazing. Good on him to stop and think.

If Caitlyn Jenner's fame and publicity can make life just a little bit easier for trans people it's so worth it.

vansonbee
http://41.media.tumblr.com/ad43d6c2841272181e27829e0f0d9e4c/tumblr_nmre0mFjmM1u0r0dgo1_1280.png

Bardock42
And it lasted almost 4 posts....

Surtur
I'm kind of tired of hearing about Bruce to be honest. If he is happy cool, time to move on though.

Ushgarak
Don't make off-topic posts like that, vansonbee. That has nothing but an inflammatory quality which has nothing to do with the theme of the thread and is exactly what I want out of threads of late.

Quincy
You can almost hear the fedora drawing that comic

Surtur
I also have to say that the guys 2nd post showing how the photo he showed was used in a documentary made by a cross dresser who got beat down...well, okay. Tragic and all that, but none of that really negated his point in the first post about bravery, etc.

Also guy, if you didn't know the picture was connected to a cross dresser prior to using it? Yeah, that means you did choose it by accident. It is what we call a "coincidence".

Bashar Teg
no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quincy
You can almost hear the fedora drawing that comic

thumb up

Not to mention how messed up it is to associate transgender identities with public masturbation and sexual harassment.

Originally posted by Surtur
I also have to say that the guys 2nd post showing how the photo he showed was used in a documentary made by a cross dresser who got beat down...well, okay. Tragic and all that, but none of that really negated his point in the first post about bravery, etc.

Also guy, if you didn't know the picture was connected to a cross dresser prior to using it? Yeah, that means you did choose it by accident. It is what we call a "coincidence".

Well, it does though. Like it shows that being openly transgender is actually extremely brave, cause it's makes you a target and makes it very possible that you will be attacked, and almost certain you will be harassed. Caitlyn Jenner coming out so publicly was extremely brave. It was real American courage, heroism and bravery.

Ushgarak

To be more specific- the picture isn't real (at least not in the sense the guy originally thought it was). It's two dolls, painted and posed that way by the bashing victim as part of his therapy. I think that does actually rather make a point when he realised what he had ended up saying by saying 'this shows true bravery', as he was literally showing evidence of something that was not what he meant.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, it does though. Like it shows that being openly transgender is actually extremely brave, cause it's makes you a target and makes it very possible that you will be attacked, and almost certain you will be harassed. Caitlyn Jenner coming out so publicly was extremely brave. It was real American courage, heroism and bravery.

You call him coming out bravery, I call it his being an attention whore.

Bashar Teg
i like how it turned out the photo was not of a true scotsman.

Surtur
Originally posted by Ushgarak
To be more specific- the picture isn't real (at least not in the sense the guy originally thought it was). It's two dolls, painted and posed that way by the bashing victim as part of his therapy. I think that does actually rather make a point when he realised what he had ended up saying by saying 'this shows true bravery', as he was literally showing evidence of something that was not what he meant.

Just to be clear, I am not saying it doesn't take bravery to come out. I'm just saying it's not the kind of bravery it takes to be a soldier, go into combat, all that crap. In other words, I'm saying a soldier that knowingly walks into combat is braver then a cross dresser who is open about it. Some might disagree, but meh.

When a guy like Bruce does it though? He comes from a family of attention whores. That is why I wonder if it is bravery for him, or something else.

Bardock42
Just to be clear, I am not saying it doesn't take bravery to come out. I'm just saying it's not the kind of bravery it takes to be a soldier, go into combat, all that crap. In other words, I'm saying a soldier that knowingly walks into combat is braver then a cross dresser who is open about it. Some might disagree, but meh.

When a guy like Bruce does it though? He comes from a family of attention whores. That is why I wonder if it is bravery for him, or something else.

A woman like Caitlyn.

And imo coming out as trans, perhaps depending on where you live, takes as much if not more bravery than being a soldier.

Ushgarak
Just to be clear, I am not saying it doesn't take bravery to come out. I'm just saying it's not the kind of bravery it takes to be a soldier, go into combat, all that crap.

When a guy like Bruce does it though? He comes from a family of attention whores.

My post is nothing to do with that- a separate argument. My point is that the true nature of the original picture does actually change the person's original argument, as his supporting evidence was actually evidence for the opposite view- which he then re-adjusted his position to match (at least in part). I don't think your contention that his original point is not negated to be valid. He declared to be showing true bravery and used, to back it up, a picture indicating the bravery of a beaten transsexual.

Surtur
A woman like Caitlyn.

And imo coming out as trans, perhaps depending on where you life, takes as much if not more bravery than being a soldier.

Right so where does Bruce or Caitlyn live that you feel it shows he is braver then a soldier?

Bashar Teg
im sick of this theme of "HOW DARE YOU DISHONOR OUR TROOPS BY CALLING SOMEONE BRAVE WHO ISNT A TROOP!!! YOU TAKE THAT BACK"

vansonbee
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
im sick of this theme of "HOW DARE YOU DISHONOR OUR TROOPS BY CALLING SOMEONE BRAVE WHO ISNT A TROOP!!! YOU TAKE THAT BACK" People are piss, because coverage on Bruce is overblown, while our troops are constantly dying and dealing with their mental issues.

Quincy
I think you can rightfully consider coming out as a transgendered person like that as brave just as much as consider a soldier brave.

A soldier rightfully goes into battle, and that's definitely brave man. You could die, you have to kill. No one is denying that by saying Caitlyn Jenner is brave.

But this guy realized "Holy ****, this guy was beaten mercilessly and nearly killed simply for being himself. It does take bravery to outwardly say who you are when it comes with lots of folks villifying and hating you."

I don't see why saying one thing is brave is some kind of disservice to other brave people?

I don't know large groups of people who want to murder and verbally harass and threaten and beat up soldiers unless they are in the opposing military?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by vansonbee
People are piss, because coverage on Bruce is overblown, while our troops are constantly dying and dealing with their mental issues.

clearly people were calling him courageous just to besmirch and belittle everyone who serves in the u.s. armed forces.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
im sick of this theme of "HOW DARE YOU DISHONOR OUR TROOPS BY CALLING SOMEONE BRAVE WHO ISNT A TROOP!!! YOU TAKE THAT BACK"

Uh dude, no. They can call anyone brave. When people starting saying they are MORE brave is the problem. I really honestly care very little about soldiers and all that, but even I know people willingly put their life on the line every day are more brave then Bruce Jenner. There shouldn't even be a debate here. He MIGHT face some crap due to being who he is. Might, maybe, sometimes. Not guaranteed.

With soldiers deployed, there is no might, no if, no maybe this or that will happen. It is merely a question of when. So yeah, call him brave until the cows come home, that is fine.

Do I consider Bruce specifically brave? It sure is possible, but then given his association with huge media whores..it could be other things besides bravery.

Bashar Teg
Uh dude, no. They can call anyone brave. When people starting saying they are MORE brave is the problem. I really honestly care very little about soldiers and all that, but even I know people willingly put their life on the line every day are more brave then Bruce Jenner. There shouldn't even be a debate here. He MIGHT face some crap due to being who he is. Might, maybe, sometimes. Not guaranteed.

With soldiers deployed, there is no might, no if, no maybe this or that will happen. It is merely a question of when. So yeah, call him brave until the cows come home, that is fine.
ok let's back up

which strawman said that jenner was more brave than a soldier on a battlefield?

dadudemon
Well, I really enjoyed the OP and the few comments afterwards. Made me quite happy.

Surtur
It was said depending on where you live coming out is more brave then being a soldier. Now, maybe the person who said this meant just an overall soldier, and not soldiers who are actually deployed and fighting, etc.

Which sure, but when I talk about being a soldier I don't mean a person who merely went through the training, etc. I'm talking about people out in the thick of it, risking their lives every day not for themselves, but for others.

Bashar Teg
ffs nobody said he/she was more courageous than a soldier on a battlefield.

Surtur
On the other hand, the whole thing that sparked the guys original comments about soldiers and bravery was a picture of a soldier ON THE BATTLEFIELD. So I kind of figured it would of been obvious when I talk about soldiers that is what I meant, so when someone says "depending on where you live it is more brave" yeah, I took that to mean more brave then a soldier out there fighting.

In other words, I didn't think I had to even specify I was talking about soldiers on the battlefield. But apparently I do, so now I have.

dadudemon
It was said depending on where you live coming out is more brave then being a soldier. Now, maybe the person who said this meant just an overall soldier, and not soldiers who are actually deployed and fighting, etc.

Well, serving in the military is met with respect and honor by citizens when you get back, almost invariably. Coming out? Not really.

Also, I would be interested to see suicide rates for both parties.

Not that any of this matters and it is needless and unproductive dick-wagging on who has it worse. Coming out or military woes?

Who cares? They both have severe problems and neither should be marginalized as been less worse than the other. It is a really weird argument/conversation to have.

Robtard
It's the meme that's going around which probably makes Surtur think that.

It seems to be everywhere. I FB unfriended (in part) for the first time because someone kept posting pics of wounded or crippled soldiers with "Braver Than Bruce Jenner?" captions and the like and those pics have been liked/shared thousands of times.

Bardock42
Yeah, I did not say Caitlyn Jenner was more brave than a soldier on a battlefield. I said that depending on location I might consider coming out as trans more brave (and perhaps more foolish) than being a soldier on a battlefield. Like in a really deeply conservative town in the US, or some hardcore Christian places in Africa...

Though the whole thing is a bit silly isn't it. Comparing bravery power levels. Obviously soldiers are brave, but people coming out are brave as well.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, I really enjoyed the OP and the few comments afterwards. Made me quite happy. Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, serving in the military is met with respect and honor by citizens when you get back, almost invariably. Coming out? Not really.

Also, I would be interested to see suicide rates for both parties.

Not that any of this matters and it is needless and unproductive dick-wagging on who has it worse. Coming out or military woes?

Who cares? They both have severe problems and neither should be marginalized as been less worse than the other. It is a really weird argument/conversation to have.

I have never agreed with you as much about anything you ever said here on KMC or to me outside of it as I agree with both of these posts

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
It's the meme that's going around which probably makes Surtur think that.

It seems to be everywhere. I FB unfriended (in part) for the first time because someone kept posting pics of wounded or crippled soldiers with "Braver Than Bruce Jenner?" captions and the like and those pics have been liked/shared thousands of times.

Things like this don't help the situation, yeah.

Surtur

Okay, but I wasn't talking about what happens to a soldier once he gets back from the battlefield.

I agree it is weird, but like I said..it started over a picture of soldiers on a battlefield(or dolls painted to resemble that) so I pretty much assumed it would be a given that is the type of stuff I'm talking about when it comes to bravery.

Robtard
Yeah, I did not say Caitlyn Jenner was more brave than a soldier on a battlefield. I said that depending on location I might consider coming out as trans more brave (and perhaps more foolish) than being a soldier on a battlefield. Like in a really deeply conservative town in the US, or some hardcore Christian places in Africa...

Though the whole thing is a bit silly isn't it. Comparing bravery power levels. Obviously soldiers are brave, but people coming out are brave as well.

Because in America we have a Bravery Well and it's finite. Taking a bucket of bravery out for Jenner means that some soldier somewhere will not get theirs.

Bashar Teg
little boy: hey dad, i just asked that girl from my class out and she said 'yes'

dad: i'm so proud of you son! that took a lot of courage

random angry guy: "A LOT OF COURAGE???" HOW DARE YOU!! MY DAD LOST A LEG IN VIETNAM!!! THATS TRUE COURAGE, YOU HEARTLESS ***HOLE!!!"

ArtificialGlory
Because in America we have a Bravery Well and it's finite. Taking a bucket of bravery out for Jenner means that some soldier somewhere will not get theirs.

Does that mean that some poor marine will shit himself in the middle of a firefight?

Newjak
I've seen these FB posts all the time. It is nice to see some people can learn and move on f=like the one guy did.

Time Immemorial
I thought bravery was doing something selfless for others. Clearly what Jenner did was not bravery, more selfish.

People wanna act like this is the second coming. He did what he did for himself, not anyone else.

Newjak
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I thought bravery was doing something selfless for others. Clearly what Jenner did was not bravery, more selfish.

People wanna act like this is the second coming. He did what he did for himself, not anyone else. I do not think I would so narrowly define bravery.

Some people would define bravery as simply overcoming your fears which has nothing to do with being selfless for others.

dadudemon
I thought bravery was doing something selfless for others.

That would be altruism.

Branlor Swift
How do you weigh someone like Bruce against an average Joe doing it?

Do you consider being in the spotlight being braver over having no protection of any sort walking around a random city?

Bruce just only ever has to worry about the media for the rest of his life. A normal transexual has to worry about the physical abuse told in the opening post.

Basically stick and stones vs words. Though it's a lot more accepted now than it was back then.

Newjak
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
How do you weigh someone like Bruce against an average Joe doing it?

Do you consider being in the spotlight being braver over having no protection of any sort walking around a random city?

Bruce just only ever has to worry about the media for the rest of his life. A normal transexual has to worry about the physical abuse told in the opening post.

How do you weigh that? Depends on the person, time, place. Caitlyn could also possibly face the physical abuse a normal joe could go through. Although she has more money to spend on security.

They also have to deal with the stress of being under the microscope and being talked about negatively. Also when you are the in the lime light you get things like the original post. Where you are degraded, threatened, and just abused for doing something for things that you had no control over.

I mean seriously she has been the center of attention and there have been groups that have just gone for the throat against her in their comments and attitude's towards them.

Time Immemorial
That would be altruism.

I really don't even like talking about the Kardashians. They are a menace to society. Its stupid show, and a waste of air time. Sadly, this is what people watch, and then people wonder why society is so ****ed up. Since when did the Kardashians become role models for everyone?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Newjak

I mean seriously she has been the center of attention and there have been groups that have just gone for the throat against her in their comments and attitude's towards them.

Jenner and the Kardashians put themselves there, in the center of it. You think this is for real? Its all show business. Have people forgot everything they do is for show and money? Keep on with the pity party though for the millionaire sell outs who sell there soul for money and lime light.

Newjak
Jenner and the Kardashians put themselves there, in the center of it. You think this is for real? Its all show business. Have people forgot everything they do is for show and money? Keep on with the pity party though for the millionaire sell outs who sell there soul for money and lime light. I'm not sure but it sounds like you're saying she had the sex change simply to get attention?

And that because she is getting attention she somehow deserves to be berated and attacked because of it?

At least that is how it sounded to me.

Robtard
Not sure I buy into Bruce Jenner becoming Caitlyn as some publicity stunt/to make a dollar.

If you read up on her history, this has been a lifelong or extremely long process.

Time Immemorial
I'm not sure but it sounds like you're saying she had the sex change simply to get attention?

And that because she is getting attention she somehow deserves to be berated and attacked because of it?

At least that is how it sounded to me.

Ohh did I offend your feelings, I'm sorry? You do realize these people are illuminati puppets?

Did you even know about there illuminati christmas card that had nothing to do with christmas?

http://www.eonline.com/news/486434/analyzing-the-kardashian-christmas-card-24-thing-you-may-not-have-noticed

Time Immemorial
Not sure I buy into Bruce Jenner becoming Caitlyn as some publicity stunt/to make a dollar.

If you read up on her history, this has been a lifelong or extremely long process.

Its funny, all this came out recently to the public this year, but Family Guy predicted this very thing years ago, back in 2009.. I wonder how.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/family-guy-predicts-caitlyn-jenners-5822092

ArtificialGlory
Ohh did I offend your feelings, I'm sorry? You do realize these people are illuminati puppets?

Did you even know about there illuminati christmas card that had nothing to do with christmas?

http://www.eonline.com/news/486434/analyzing-the-kardashian-christmas-card-24-thing-you-may-not-have-noticed

Are you serious?

Branlor Swift
Depends on the person, time, place. Caitlyn could also possibly face the physical abuse a normal joe could go through. Although she has more money to spend on security.

They also have to deal with the stress of being under the microscope and being talked about negatively. Also when you are the in the lime light you get things like the original post. Where you are degraded, threatened, and just abused for doing something for things that you had no control over.

I mean seriously she has been the center of attention and there have been groups that have just gone for the throat against her in their comments and attitude's towards them. If we take out the threat of physical violence in Bruce's case because let's get real... I mean when's the last time you heard of a celebrity getting the shit kicked out of them? Especially where he lives and what he does in his day to day life.

But

Would you put that on par with the average transexual living in say New York? Assuming Bruce doesn't ignore media and other things?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Are you serious?

Even E-News picked up on it

"Last night, the Kardashians released their annual Christmas card. And it's a doozy this year: It's kind of circus-y and kind of casino-y and kind of Illuminati-y and there is not a single Christmas tree!
Instead, there are tons of subliminal messages and Kardashian Easter eggs, a few missing people and Bruce Jenner trapped in a glass tube. Let's zoom in and analyze, shall we? Starting with the obvious... "

Time Immemorial
If we take out the threat of physical violence in Bruce's case because let's get real... I mean when's the last time you heard of a celebrity getting the shit kicked out of them? Especially where he lives and what he does in his day to day life.

But

Would you put that on par with the average transexual living in say New York? Assuming Bruce doesn't ignore media and other things?

I find it funny Newjak is worried about her safety nowlaughing out loud They live in the elite life of Hollywood with security, chaffers, and body guards..

ArtificialGlory
Even E-News picked up on it

"Last night, the Kardashians released their annual Christmas card. And it's a doozy this year: It's kind of circus-y and kind of casino-y and kind of Illuminati-y and there is not a single Christmas tree!
Instead, there are tons of subliminal messages and Kardashian Easter eggs, a few missing people and Bruce Jenner trapped in a glass tube. Let's zoom in and analyze, shall we? Starting with the obvious... "

So it's weird and goofy? Yea, sounds like the Kardashians alright. Also, the Illuminati aren't even a thing.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
So it's weird and goofy? Yea, sounds like the Kardashians alright. Also, the Illuminati aren't even a thing.

Lol, right.. This is all way past the wake up time for people.

Seriously.

Wait, you can't cause your concerned about the Kardashians..

http://www.illuminatiofficial.org

Newjak

http://www.eonline.com/news/486434/analyzing-the-kardashian-christmas-card-24-thing-you-may-not-have-noticed How did this hurt my feelings? All I was trying to do was make sure I correctly understood what you were saying.

If we take out the threat of physical violence in Bruce's case because let's get real... I mean when's the last time you heard of a celebrity getting the shit kicked out of them? Especially where he lives and what he does in his day to day life.

But

Would you put that on par with the average transexual living in say New York? Assuming Bruce doesn't ignore media and other things? Like I said it depends. I mean mental abuse and negativity can drastically effect someone's health and Caitlyn did throw herself out there where she can be the sole focus for all that hate.

Newjak
I find it funny Newjak is worried about her safety nowlaughing out loud They live in the elite life of Hollywood with security, chaffers, and body guards.. Which I know pointed out that Caitlyn can afford security.

Robtard
Its funny, all this came out recently to the public this year, but Family Guy predicted this very thing years ago, back in 2009.. I wonder how.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/family-guy-predicts-caitlyn-jenners-5822092

Because as noted this has been a lifelong of extremely long process for her and rumors existed long before the official "I'm in the process of changing" statement.

ArtificialGlory
Lol, right.. This is all way past the wake up time for people.

Seriously.

Wait, you can't cause your concerned about the Kardashians..

http://www.illuminatiofficial.org

laughing These aren't the Illuminati that supposedly rule the world. These are bloody trolls.

Time Immemorial
If anyone had said they watched the Kardashians here a year ago, everyone would have given them shit for it.

Now, its like ok?

KMC has changed. Big time.

This place has become a breeding ground for un earned sympathy for rotten idols and politicians.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by vansonbee
http://41.media.tumblr.com/ad43d6c2841272181e27829e0f0d9e4c/tumblr_nmre0mFjmM1u0r0dgo1_1280.png
haermm

Time Immemorial
You see this a lot in Social Media - someone is praised in droves and then there is an abundance of folks decrying said praise.

Terry Coffey was one of those folks who posted on facebook how Caitlyn Jenner's comparisons to bravery were silly, implying that true bravery was not found in a transgendered persons struggles, but instead the US Military. He posted the following:

You've probably seen it shared on your facebook somewhere.

There's been an abundance of these popping up, even folks posting fake notices of award transgressions, but regardless.

Terry's Post was shared millions of times by millions of people. But then something interesting happened on the internet.

Terry's new fame lead him to realize he should probably credit the person who took that photo, and what he found blew his mind.

http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/04/terry-coffey-jenner-bravery/

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06/03/how-marwencol-changed-a-transphobic-caitlyn-jenner-haters-mind

This kind of blew my mind reading online this morning. I looked at this guys actual facebook page to see if the most recent development is true, and it is. It's right there.

Someone realized the power of their words, and in a twist of fate realized their flaw, and has since been changed for the better. Pretty great little story if you ask me.

Did the guy who made this post, know this wasn't even a real photograph? He created all this stir over simply nothing..

Talk about fake hype.

Fake propoganda, hyping fake people.

Genius.

Branlor Swift
Like I said it depends. I mean mental abuse and negativity can drastically effect someone's health and Caitlyn did throw herself out there where she can be the sole focus for all that hate.

I'm just trying to get a measure for how people weigh this. I personally think an average transexual is going to deal with more hardships. Bills, abuse, and a probability of no support, etc. They can't just shut it off.

But yeah, mental stability is a large concern for transexuals.
http://www.vocativ.com/culture/lgbt/transgender-suicide/

Is it from abuse or just other issues? Either way people should look into getting help before and after they make the change. At the very least you'd think it'd start getting monitored considering the rates.

Time Immemorial

Ah Ush figured it out. Great words here.

Robtard
If anyone had said they watched the Kardashians here a year ago, everyone would have given them shit for it.

Now, its like ok?

KMC has changed. Big time.

This place has become a breeding ground for un earned sympathy for rotten idols and politicians.

What does watching or not watching the Kardashian TV show have anything to do with this?

How is Caitlyn Jenner "rotten"? This is a serious question, do I not know something awful about her?

Newjak
I'm just trying to get a measure for how people weigh this.

But yeah, mental stability is a large concern for transexuals.
http://www.vocativ.com/culture/lgbt/transgender-suicide/

Is it from abuse or just other issues? Either way people should look into getting help before and after they make the change. At the very least you'd think it'd start getting monitored considering the rates. So before we continue I want to say I'm not saying that transexuals are mentally unstable because they are transexuals.

I'm saying that anyone regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, or religion that is ostracized and attacked mentally can suffer from these concerns. Caitlyn putting herself front and center makes her the largest and easiest target for all that hate.

Time Immemorial
What does watching or not watching the Kardashian TV show have anything to do with this?

How is Caitlyn Jenner "rotten"? This is a serious question, do I not know something awful about her?

The Kardashians in general are awful, have you ever watched the show or know what they are about? Its just a show about rich people with rich problems and they some how want their fans to "feel" for them. They are rotten because they sold out for money, and they have no connection to the average people. Half of them are drunk all the time, spending tons of money, arguing about only God knows what.

The show is pathetic. I'm sickened by even wasting my time thinking and talking about this.

Y'all go right ahead.

Robtard
The Kardashians in general are awful, have you ever watched the show or know what they are about? Its just a show about rich people with rich problems and they some how want their fans to "feel" for them. They are rotten because they sold out for money, and they have no connection to the average people. Half of them are drunk all the time, spending tons of money, arguing about only God knows what.

The show is pathetic. I'm sickened by even wasting my time thinking and talking about this.

Y'all go right ahead.

I haven't, "reality" TV isn't my thing for the most part. But I understand the basics of the show.

My question was in regards in how the show factors in with this.

Alright then.

Quincy
Time why do you keep talking about watching Keeping up with the Kardashians?

Time Immemorial
Time why do you keep talking about watching Keeping up with the Kardashians?

Good trolling laughing

However you posted a misleading OP.

Branlor Swift
So before we continue I want to say I'm not saying that transexuals are mentally unstable because they are transexuals.

I'm saying that anyone regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, or religion that is ostracized and attacked mentally can suffer from these concerns. Caitlyn putting herself front and center makes her the largest and easiest target for all that hate. I realize. I'm just adding that in there because obviously it's a factor either way. I'm not saying it's mental stability or mental abuse, just saying it's an issue. I have my personal opinion on the matter that I won't share here. Just whatever it is, it affects a large number of transexuals. More than the 41 percent suicide rate would imply.
It will affect Bruce in some way, and it will affect the average one.

I'm just curious, not trying to argue or anything whether people put this spotlight on par with what an average transexual has to go through. The amount of bravery etc.
I think obviously it takes some balls (for lack of a better term) to do it, but I think I'd rather be him doing it than another person with less doing it. And I don't think it's close.

srug

Lestov16
lE2_4yt0Aow

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lestov16
lE2_4yt0Aow

thumb up

Saw this earlier, so true.

Jon Stewart is so good, I'm going to be very sad when he retires

Tzeentch
Regardless of the illogic, I thought that comic on the first page was pretty ****ing hilarious. thumb up

NemeBro

Do I consider Bruce specifically brave? It sure is possible, but then given his association with huge media whores..it could be other things besides bravery. No one said that open transsexuals are more brave than soldiers. Once again, you're whining about dumb shit that no one did because... why? You're transphobic I guess?

Just... shut up dude. Your posts are dumber than dirt.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Regardless of the illogic, I thought that comic on the first page was pretty ****ing hilarious. thumb up

That it was. *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*.

NemeBro
I realize. I'm just adding that in there because obviously it's a factor either way. I'm not saying it's mental stability or mental abuse, just saying it's an issue. I have my personal opinion on the matter that I won't share here. Just whatever it is, it affects a large number of transexuals. More than the 41 percent suicide rate would imply.
It will affect Bruce in some way, and it will affect the average one.

I'm just curious, not trying to argue or anything whether people put this spotlight on par with what an average transexual has to go through. The amount of bravery etc.
I think obviously it takes some balls (for lack of a better term) to do it, but I think I'd rather be him doing it than another person with less doing it. And I don't think it's close.

srug It depends on how Caitlyn feels about all the negative press she will probably face now, and also upon what her ideas of coming out entailed. The thing about bravery is that to be brave means to face your fears, but fears are subjective and entirely insubstantial. Is a man not brave for facing a fear which was ultimately harmless?

This is why the stupid debate on who is more brave is, well, stupid (this is a reference to Surtur's posts mostly, not yours). What might be less scary for you might be terrifying to Jenner. Do I particularly sympathize with Jenner or think of them as heroic or brave? No not really. But I wouldn't get up in arms with people who do. Bravery is a state of mind. Actions can show it, but ultimately its impossible to gauge. It's not quantifiable. So it ultimately can't be objectively debated, at least in this instance.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Regardless of the illogic, I thought that comic on the first page was pretty ****ing hilarious. thumb up Yeah, I lol'd too. It's good to know that even if people are ****ing stupid, they can still be funny.

Tzeentch
Nemebro is a transsexual, if you guys were wondering why he's so emotionally invested in his convo with Surtur.

He was once a strong black woman.

NemeBro
And before that I was a small Asian man named Kim.

Robtard
Bunch of sodomites

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by NemeBro
It depends on how Caitlyn feels about all the negative press she will probably face now, and also upon what her ideas of coming out entailed. The thing about bravery is that to be brave means to face your fears, but fears are subjective and entirely insubstantial. Is a man not brave for facing a fear which was ultimately harmless?

This is why the stupid debate on who is more brave is, well, stupid (this is a reference to Surtur's posts mostly, not yours). What might be less scary for you might be terrifying to Jenner. Do I particularly sympathize with Jenner or think of them as heroic or brave? No not really. But I wouldn't get up in arms with people who do. Bravery is a state of mind. Actions can show it, but ultimately its impossible to gauge. It's not quantifiable. So it ultimately can't be objectively debated, at least in this instance. Sensible post.

Though I think a good measure of universal bravery would be standing up to something everyone fears and seeing how they react in the face of such overwhelming fear; spiders.

ArtificialGlory
Sensible post.

Though I think a good measure of universal bravery would be standing up to something everyone fears and seeing how they react in the face of such overwhelming fear; spiders.

No ****ing thanks.

Fated Xtasy
Yeah the net is pretty short on positive human stories like this, so nice to hear this one. Originally posted by Bardock42
That's really amazing. Good on him to stop and think.

If Caitlyn Jenner's fame and publicity can make life just a little bit easier for trans people it's so worth it. Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Yeah, this is pretty awesome. smile

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.