Supreme vs Gladiator vs Blue Marvel vs Invincible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
No prep.
No bfr.
No going out of space.

Who takes this 4 way battle?

Stoic
Blue Marvel wins

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Blue Marvel wins

Prof. T.C McAbe
Depends on Supreme but Supreme > Gladiator > BM > Invincible

Stoic
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Depends on Supreme but Supreme > Gladiator > BM > Invincible

What are you basing this opinion on? I've read a lot of comics with Supreme in them, and I can't find any evidence to support your claim.

Prof. T.C McAbe
What are you basing this opinion on? I've read a lot of comics with Supreme in them, and I can't find any evidence to support your claim.

He was supposed to be PC Superman level IIRC.

KingD19
Well that would make Omni-Man PC Superman+ since he fought Supreme to a double KO if I recall. And recently Invincible has been showing signs he's stronger than his father so that would make him even more powerful.

zopzop
Blue Marvel wins
With Gladiator coming in at #2.

KingD19
Originally posted by zopzop
With Gladiator coming in at #2.

This.

Surtur
Invincible is definitely the odd man out here. Though I do have to ask what speed feats Blue Marvel has?

carver9
What does speed have to do with this fight?

The Nuul
Invincible flying through a planet with some help, and destroys it.

http://i.imgur.com/aV1HiDJ.jpg

Surtur
That was 3 people and didn't they also shoot a space gun at it too. Meanwhile PC Kryptonians juggle planets.

Originally posted by carver9
What does speed have to do with this fight?

Well that depends on what kind of speed the 3 contenders have. Which is why I asked for speed for Blue Marvel.

KingD19
And a holding back Blue Marvel nearly split the moon in half by throwing a medal at it.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Surtur
That was 3 people and didn't they also shoot a space gun at it too. Meanwhile PC Kryptonians juggle planets.

Well that depends on what kind of speed the 3 contenders have. Which is why I asked for speed for Blue Marvel.

Yeah I forgot about that, Space Racer fired his gun first.... erm

Vol 1 issuse 75

zopzop
Originally posted by The Nuul
Invincible flying through a planet with some help, and destroys it.

http://i.imgur.com/aV1HiDJ.jpg
Gladiator's busted a planet all by himself and it only took a couple of punches.

KingD19
Gladiator has planet busted. Blue Marvel clearly can judging by his moon feat(if he can nearly split the moon in 2 with a hunk of metal while greatly restraining himself, he can destroy a planet) And Invincible had help from the 2 strongest purebred Viltrumites currently alive to kill a planet already destabilized by Space Racer's gun.

Stoic

There has been no confirmation of his highest flight speeds, but it was assumed to be approaching that of the speed of light. Again no one knows what his top flight speed limit is. This of course could change in the future to being greater than the speed of light, which seems to be common for characters of his power level. He was certainly capable of engaging Sentry during their scuffle. Sentry has greater than light speed flight feats

carver9

Flash is faster than all of them combined. Does he beat them 10/10 and if not, why?

Stoic
This isn't a race though, and none of these characters fight at the speed of light on average if ever.

Stoic
He was supposed to be PC Superman level IIRC.

So was Gladiator. All eyes on you champ.

carver9
Surtur doesn't debate off of average showings though. He debates solely off of powerset.

Stoic
Surtur doesn't debate off of average showings though. He debates solely off of powerset.

Well arguing power set is certainly a must, but other things like combat expertise, winning averages, and character tendencies are also certainly musts.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Not as far as I know. Glads was supposed to be a homage to the PC Superboy though only by powerset not overall power.

Stoic
Not as far as I know. Glads was supposed to be a homage to the PC Superboy though only by powerset not overall power.

When did Supreme tow planets through space, or blow out stars with a sneeze? You're first comment was incorrect. Supreme has no feats to suggest that he is the most dominant character in this thread. I have a crap load of Supreme showings, and none of them suggests what you claim. At least not to my knowledge.

KingD19
When did Supreme tow planets through space, or blow out stars with a sneeze? You're first comment was incorrect. Supreme has no feats to suggest that he is the most dominant character in this thread. I have a crap load of Supreme showings, and none of them suggests what you claim. At least not to my knowledge.

Supreme fought Omni-Man to a double KO when Supreme was amped in some way iirc. Invincible is stronger than Omni-Man at this point at least by a small margin. So Supreme is logically the weakest person in this thread by direct comparison.

LordofBrooklyn

That can't be true.

When Byrne was tapped to reboot Superman he brought the character down to a tier closer to Gladiator.

Stoic
Originally posted by KingD19
Supreme fought Omni-Man to a double KO when Supreme was amped in some way iirc. Invincible is stronger than Omni-Man at this point at least by a small margin. So Supreme is logically the weakest person in this thread by direct comparison.

Well Supreme was said to be 2x more powerful than Gladiator so there's that.

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
That can't be true.

When Byrne was tapped to reboot Superman he brought the character down to a tier closer to Gladiator.

Had no idea about that happening. it doesn't make Supreme look any better though.

abhilegend
Supreme wins.

Stoic
Anyone know the story of King Hyperion? is he the very same one that was from Exiles fame?

ares834

"Silver age" Suprema lifted the universe once and Supreme is supposed to be her superior.

Stoic
Originally posted by ares834
"Silver age" Suprema lifted the universe once and Supreme is supposed to be her superior.

And yet Omni Man fought him to a double KO, and Invincible has grown to be slightly more powerful than Omni Man. What do you make of this?

ares834
That comics are inconsistent.

Stoic
That comics are inconsistent.

So I guess that we have to go with averages, because if not we'd argue that the Hulk should have never been KO'd by Captain America when he has the ability to retcon events with punches while punching through time barriers.

One time off the beaten path feats don't carry much weight IMO, or at least shouldn't. I don't think that me bringing up the double KO is a low ball to Supreme, considering how powerful Omni Man actually is, but I do recall an Image/Valiant cross over that had Supreme nearly gutted by Master Darque. He even cut his arm off with the ease of slicing through tissue paper. Not to mention that Supreme was given fits by Image comics Thor before his ultimate ass kicking happened at the hands of Quantum which depowered him, and left him reduced in power to image comic Thor's stats due to still being in possession of his hammer. canonically speaking, I don't think that Supreme would have even come close to defeating Anti Man, and Anti Man nearly broke the Sentry's arm with one over powering twist of his wrist if you recall?

This is why I give Blue Marvel the win here. Adam has no extremely low end showings, while the rest of these guys do. Some more embarrassing than others.

ares834
You do realize their are different versions of Supreme right? That was pretty much the whole point of Moore's run. Now admittedly, the Supreme that Omni-Man fought was stated to be the most powerful version. But his fight against Omni-man seemed to be a rather low showing. Especially, if he truly is supposed to more powerful than Moore's version which has plenty of insane feats.

Stoic
You do realize their are different versions of Supreme right? That was pretty much the whole point of Moore's run. Now admittedly, the Supreme that Omni-Man fought was stated to be the most powerful version. But his fight against Omni-man seemed to be a rather low showing. Especially, if he truly is supposed to more powerful than Moore's version which has plenty of insane feats.

1. Yes I do know that there are many versions of Supreme.

2. Retcon's always outweigh the opinions of us fans. We will likely never see another run of Supreme written by Moore.

3. Most current version of the character unless a specific version is being used in the OP. Which is another reason why I give Blue Marvel the win.

ares834
So why are bringing up feats from earlier versions of Supreme?

Anyway, the post of yours I was replying to was in response to a person who said it depends on the version of Supreme. If it's Moore's version he takes this. If the other version is truly more powerful than Moore's, he'd take this as well. And he is the most recent version of the character.

Stoic
So why are bringing up feats from earlier versions of Supreme?

Anyway, the post of yours I was replying to was in response to a person who said it depends on the version of Supreme. If it's Moore's version he takes this. If the other version is truly more powerful than Moore's, he'd take this as well. And he is the most recent version of the character.

Not based on feats he won't be taking this. What about Omni Man, or Invincible would make you believe that he's taking this?

abhilegend
Iron man has fought surfer to double ko twice. Suffice to say anybody more powerful than him beats surfer. Right?

Prof. T.C McAbe

It's long ago that I saw something from him but IIRC he was above Suprema and didn't she lift and entire Universe and was fast enough to beat time stop? I don't think it's necessary for a char to sneez out a solar system or tow a Galaxy, lifting a universe is good enough.
Also if we take crossovers into consideration, a later version of Supreme beat Gladiator and neither Marvel nor BM showed anything as impressive as Glads imo.

ares834
Not based on feats he won't be taking this. What about Omni Man, or Invincible would make you believe that he's taking this?

Based on feats Moore's version would.

Surtur

But you debate by silly tactics. I ask for speed feats, which is a friggin logical thing to ask in a fight like this where everyone has some level of speed, and you come with "Flash is faster, does he win?!".

Again, this was your response to me *merely asking what their speed was*.

It's long ago that I saw something from him but IIRC he was above Suprema and didn't she lift and entire Universe and was fast enough to beat time stop? I don't think it's necessary for a char to sneez out a solar system or tow a Galaxy, lifting a universe is good enough.
Also if we take crossovers into consideration, a later version of Supreme beat Gladiator and neither Marvel nor BM showed anything as impressive as Glads imo.

Yep, the sister moved..something, and it was revealed that object was..the entire universe. Or like..tied to the universe, or was the weight of the universe. Basically, she was shaking the universe. Supreme and his sis weren't operating on drastically different power levels.

Does it make sense? No, but it is why it is strange to see people acting like anyone in Invincible could legitimately compete with Supreme truly at his strongest.

Khazra Reborn
Supreme molested Gladiator, I see no reason why he wouldn't again. Blue Marvel still doesn't really have too many showings yet.

Surtur

Just to note Gladiator was, at best, maybe a PC Superman lite. He is comparable to the PC Supes of the late 70s and early 80s..where he wasn't as crazy as he was in the 50's or 60s.

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Supreme molested Gladiator, I see no reason why he wouldn't again. Blue Marvel still doesn't really have too many showings yet.

Well Invincible and Gladiator could go to a self help group. Gladiator was molested, Invincible was full on raped by a female Viltruumite.

Galan007
Not based on feats he won't be taking this. What about Omni Man, or Invincible would make you believe that he's taking this? It kind of seems like you're trying to low-ball Supreme, by throwing around names like "Omni-Man" and "Invincible." srsly

Fact is, 'Mean' Supreme(the specific version in question) does have some pretty damned impressive showings under Larsen. Prior to being released, Mean Supreme was stated to be the most powerful Supreme of them all. It was also stated that it took the entire Supreme Family just to contain Mean Supreme(that's how he got locked up in the first place.) These statements were soon confirmed when Mean Supreme was released, as he easily rape-stomped the entire army of Daxes in a mere 2 pages--this same army had just shit-stomped the entire Supreme Family. ie. Mean Supreme>>>Dax-army>>>Supreme Family. Additionally, after absorbing the power of some laser fire(yes, he can absorb energy attacks to boot), Mean Supreme also killed his arch-nemesis Khromium, along with every living being on Khromium's planet, with a single energy attack. He then proceeded to physically destroy the planet itself, before throwing Khromium into a nearby star... Mean Supreme also beat the absolute shit out of Suprema, who once lifted universe-weight... But that's neither here nor there.

Point is: Omni-Man stalemating Mean Supreme is a very high showing for Omni-Man. It is certainly not a low or mediocre showing for Supreme, given Larsen's consistently uber depiction of him.

zopzop
Wait, wait. Didn't Gladiator purposely throw that fight?

carver9
Yeah, he did and it was a stalemate before then.

abhilegend
It wasn't. Supreme was beating the shit out of him.

Khazra Reborn
As far as I know, Gladiator was sort of weary because of bystanders. But he by no means threw the fight. Supreme was clearly superior.

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
It kind of seems like you're trying to low-ball Supreme, by throwing around names like "Omni-Man" and "Invincible." srsly

Fact is, 'Mean' Supreme(the specific version in question) does have some pretty damned impressive showings under Larsen. Prior to being released, Mean Supreme was stated to be the most powerful Supreme of them all. It was also stated that it took the entire Supreme Family just to contain Mean Supreme(that's how he got locked up in the first place.) These statements were soon confirmed when Mean Supreme was released, as he easily rape-stomped the entire army of Daxes in a mere 2 pages--this same army had just shit-stomped the entire Supreme Family. ie. Mean Supreme>>>Dax-army>>>Supreme Family. Additionally, after absorbing the power of some laser fire(yes, he can absorb energy attacks to boot), Mean Supreme also killed his arch-nemesis Khromium, along with every living being on Khromium's planet, with a single energy attack. He then proceeded to physically destroy the planet itself, before throwing Khromium into a nearby star... Mean Supreme also beat the absolute shit out of Suprema, who once lifted universe-weight... But that's neither here nor there.

Point is: Omni-Man stalemating Mean Supreme is a very high showing for Omni-Man. It is certainly not a low or mediocre showing for Supreme, given Larsen's consistently uber depiction of him.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but we have been going with the most recent depiction of characters. As we know, Supreme has been retconned several times. So instead of focusing on this being Mean Supreme, we should be focused on the current or most recent depiction of the character. I mean do we automatically argue crazy ass feat PC Superman when we place Superman vs ? No we use the most recent version of the character, unless the OP specifically states otherwise. It should also be noted that Mean Supreme had fits against Image comics Thor, and the battle was far less than Earth shaking. So, are his extreme highs the average? I don't think so. Come on, you know how these things work.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by abhilegend
It wasn't. Supreme was beating the shit out of him. Yup, he was getting the Annihilus treatment.

Stoic
As far as I know, Gladiator was sort of weary because of bystanders. But he by no means threw the fight. Supreme was clearly superior.

Yes he was, but he was doing damage control while Supreme was trying to gut him.

celeyhyga17
Someone post the Supreme/Gladz fight... Pretty sure it was a give and take.... If it was tipped in Supreme's favor in any way, it must have been very slight...

The Nuul
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Someone post the Supreme/Gladz fight... Pretty sure it was a give and take.... If it was tipped in Supreme's favor in any way, it must have been very slight...

jwXNbRA6rNE

With some banging tunes as well.

One_Angry_Scot

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300197_gladiatorvssupreme016bo.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300198_gladiatorvssupreme021jj.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300199_gladiatorvssupreme037vb.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300200_gladiatorvssupreme040xs.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300201_gladiatorvssupreme057wj.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300202_gladiatorvssupreme060sy.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300203_gladiatorvssupreme077kc.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300204_gladiatorvssupreme082so.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300205_gladiatorvssupreme107st.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t/23300206_gladiatorvssupreme115gt.jpg

One_Angry_Scot
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300207_gladiatorvssupreme126fv.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300208_gladiatorvssupreme130ag.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300209_gladiatorvssupreme144jk.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300210_gladiatorvssupreme156zf.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300211_gladiatorvssupreme163dk.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300212_gladiatorvssupreme170jf.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300213_gladiatorvssupreme184nl.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300216_gladiatorvssupreme190ir.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300218_gladiatorvssupreme206bj.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23300221_gladiatorvssupreme212mu.jpg

One_Angry_Scot
And these 2.

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23300224_gladiatorvssupreme229cq.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23300225_gladiatorvssupreme236hq.jpg

And I just noticed Null posted it. Apologies Null.

I might have missed a panel or more though so I'm not too sure. Quite tired at the moment. Eyes might have deceived me.

The Nuul
It's cool bro.

golem370
Here is Hyperion driving Wonder Man through a planet

celeyhyga17
Very even fight with no clear winner. Thanks guys.
thumb up

The Nuul
Very even fight with no clear winner. Thanks guys.
thumb up

Welcome buddy, although... Supreme did win at the end, it was close.

celeyhyga17
Welcome buddy, although... Supreme did win at the end, it was close.
embarrasment
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
And these 2.

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23300224_gladiatorvssupreme229cq.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t/23300225_gladiatorvssupreme236hq.jpg

The Nuul
embarrasment

Oops, I missed that last scan. lol

celeyhyga17
Oops, I missed that last scan. lol
laughing

Galan007
I agree with a lot of what you said, but we have been going with the most recent depiction of characters. As we know, Supreme has been retconned several times. So instead of focusing on this being Mean Supreme, we should be focused on the current or most recent depiction of the character. Mean Supreme IS the most recent depiction of the character.

Stoic
Mean Supreme IS the most recent depiction of the character.

Then who is the Supreme that first appeared, and was running around like a mad man? Also, do you know if Supreme was depowered in his fight with Gladiator? Which happened first? That one question would decide who actually wins this.

Galan007
Then who is the Supreme that first appeared, and was running around like a mad man? Also, do you know if Supreme was depowered in his fight with Gladiator? Which happened first? That one question would decide who actually wins this. 'Mean' Supreme is just how Erik Larsen(the writer of the series) categorized the Liefeld-era/pre-Moore version of Supreme--the villain archetype Supreme, essentially. That is who the Supreme Family locked away. That is the version who was stated to be the most powerful of them all. That is the version who was shown to be demonstrably superior to the entire Supreme Family. That is the most recent depiction of the character. Etc. Etc.

Furthermore, Supreme's most recent series(which showcased the aforementioned) ran between 2012-2013... So I'm actually talking about very up to date facts here.

As for Supreme's fight with Gladiator: to my knowledge it's non-canon... And non-canon crossovers aren't an admissible source of evidence here, regardless of how they went. /shrug

Blue Area Vet
'Mean' Supreme is just how Erik Larsen(the writer of the series) categorized the Liefeld-era/pre-Moore version of Supreme--the villain archetype Supreme, essentially. That is who the Supreme Family locked away. That is the version who was stated to be the most powerful of them all. That is the version who was shown to be demonstrably superior to the entire Supreme Family. That is the most recent depiction of the character. Etc. Etc.

Furthermore, Supreme's most recent series(which showcased the aforementioned) ran between 2012-2013... So I'm actually talking about very up to date facts here.

As for Supreme's fight with Gladiator: to my knowledge it's non-canon... And non-canon crossovers aren't an admissible source of evidence here, regardless of how they went. /shrug

Where is evidence that it's non cannon?

Galan007
It is a crossover. It reverts to non-canon by default, unless there is official evidence that suggests otherwise.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Where is evidence that it's non cannon?

Forum rules. Same reason we don't use JLA/Avengers (even though there is SOME evidence, albeit shaky, that it is canon).

It just gets into a multicluster**** of arguing.

Within company crossovers count, though. So crossovers within Image, or within DC (Lobo meets the Authority) count, I believe.

Stoic
'Mean' Supreme is just how Erik Larsen(the writer of the series) categorized the Liefeld-era/pre-Moore version of Supreme--the villain archetype Supreme, essentially. That is who the Supreme Family locked away. That is the version who was stated to be the most powerful of them all. That is the version who was shown to be demonstrably superior to the entire Supreme Family. That is the most recent depiction of the character. Etc. Etc.

Okay, so the very first version of Supreme is mean Supreme. Got it, unless of course I did not get it. However, I'm going to take the universe lifting feat with a grain of salt, because mean Supreme never lived up to that kind of hype. Speaking of hype neither has Hyperion. All that we have left are how well these guys do while in combat. You seem to claim that his battle against Omni Man was a low showing for Supreme. Bad way to start out Galan. Why? Because you seem to want to omit what happened in combat, and replace it with something that Supreme didn't even do. Not to mention that it was a lifting feat. Omni Man went on to double KO Supreme. It wasn't a low showing. Now Invincible happens to be slightly more powerful than Omni Man. What does this say about Supreme (current Supreme)? He's not winning this. Blue Marvel is.

Galan007
You seem to claim that his battle against Omni Man was a low showing for Supreme. Bad way to start out Galan. I never said that, lol. My actual statement:

Get your 'facts' straight. Once you have that sorted out, perhaps we can resume this discussion. smile

abhilegend
Why would Omni Man stalemating Supreme means Blue Marvel wins anyway? Did they fight and somehow I missed it? Why wouldn't Nolan beat Marvel based on that?

Galan007
I think it mainly boils down to people not wanting to accept characters from the Invincible-universe(Viltrumites, primarily) as the powerhouses they truly are, and instead use them as a means to reverse-lowball.

"Well, Mean Supreme has to be weaksauce if Omni-Man stalemated him... Dats da onley logykal explanashun!!1!!!!1!111!!"

Forget the fact that Larsen obviously had a throbbing hard-on for Mean Supreme, and consistently wrote him at a very high level in that series. Nolan stalemating him(under Larsen's pen, no less) MUST mean he is a feeb that any Superman-analogue from Marvel would own... That definitely makes the most sense... Right..? kinda

Sin I AM
Kal getting raped

Surtur
I think it mainly boils down to people not wanting to accept characters from the Invincible-universe(Viltrumites, primarily) as the powerhouses they truly are, and instead use them as a means to reverse-lowball.

"Well, Mean Supreme has to be weaksauce if Omni-Man stalemated him... Dats da onley logykal explanashun!!1!!!!1!111!!"

Forget the fact that Larsen obviously had a throbbing hard-on for Mean Supreme, and consistently wrote him at a very high level in that series. Nolan stalemating him(under Larsen's pen, no less) MUST mean he is a feeb that any Superman-analogue from Marvel would own... That definitely makes the most sense... Right..? kinda

Just because I'm curious, Omni-Man vs PC Superman, what happens?

Stoic
I never said that, lol. My actual statement:

Get your 'facts' straight. Once you have that sorted out, perhaps we can resume this discussion. smile

Okay I got it. Sheesh, don't chew me out.

Galan007
Just because I'm curious, Omni-Man vs PC Superman, what happens? I feel like you're trying to bait me. Not going to fall into some sort of trap, here. thumb up

Okay I got it. Sheesh, don't chew me out. laughing out loud

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Forum rules. Same reason we don't use JLA/Avengers (even though there is SOME evidence, albeit shaky, that it is canon).
Shaky? Isn't it (the JL/Avengers Crossover) reference in MULTIPLE Marvel Handbook entries? It's canon to Marvel, at least, no?

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Shaky? Isn't it (the JL/Avengers Crossover) reference in MULTIPLE Marvel Handbook entries? It's canon to Marvel, at least, no?
It's canon. Just not usable here due to butthurt marvel fans complaints.

Galan007
JLA/Avengers is definitely canon to DC. The crescendo of its events(ie. Krona being morphed into a cosmic egg) were a direct precursor to Trinity, wherein Krona hatched from the egg and became a full-blown sentient universe. We also saw the cosmic egg itself(before Krona hatched) in a few issues of JLA--Metron had been continuously monitoring it the entire time.

So yeah...

Surtur
I feel like you're trying to bait me. Not going to fall into some sort of trap, here. thumb up

I'm not trying to bait you, this is my way of figuring out what you think his feats with Supreme signify in terms of his overall power level. It doesn't have to even be "can he beat PC Kryptonians". It could be "can he even compete with PC Kryptonians?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.