Sense8 - Netflix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



The Nuul
A group of people around the world are suddenly linked mentally, and must find a way to survive being hunted by those who see them as a threat to the world's order.

Creators: J. Michael Straczynski, Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski.

iKpKAlbJ7BQ


Looks interesting enough, I am going to check it out. But, I am not going to watch it all in one sitting like DD though, I'm going to space it out.

BruceSkywalker
will watch later this evening but will not binge watch

jaden101
Like the look of this.

RanebowSmack
Saving this for later... binge watching is super fun!

marwash22
not sure about this. It sounds interesting, but I'm just not sure.

will check it out.

The Nuul
There's an uncool tranny like Joe from Banshee in it, the annoying drama kind, maybe as a main character, be warned. I stopped watching at this point, I'll have a look at ep 2, if that uncool tranny is there again then I won't watch anymore, unless he/she becomes cool.

BruceSkywalker
watched the first ep last night, not really feeling it but will give the second ep a watch and go from there

marwash22
Watching the first episode and it feels a lot like Tim Kring created this.

quanchi112
So far so good. Three eps in.

The Nuul
Originally posted by marwash22
Watching the first episode and it feels a lot like Tim Kring created this.

I got a Heroes vibe as well, but that tranny turned me off completely. I didn't like that Lana Wachowski pushed a tranny (because he is one) onto me/the viewers, imo.

BruceSkywalker
yeah this show isn't really good... the wachowskis' is time for them to call it a career...

marwash22
^ lol. I'm not gonna dead someone's career (except for M. Knight Shamalama, that dude needs to just sit the fucc down forever), but i kinda agree that this isn't very good. However, I wanna see where it's going. I'm three episodes in, and while I'm not super into it, I'm also not completely exhausted with it.

dat cum-drenched dildo tho. ctfu, that shit was unexpected!

Robtard
Same, watched three last night, it's kept my interest enough to keep going, but it's not great and I can see it going to shit rather easily.

Yeah, surprised me as well that they showed it. Netflix has that freedom.

jaden101
Originally posted by marwash22
^ lol. I'm not gonna dead someone's career (except for M. Knight Shamalama, that dude needs to just sit the fucc down forever),!

Not watched Wayward Pines then?

Robtard
TBF, he's only directed the first Ep and is one of several producers and even though it's a good show so far, there's still time for him to Shyamalan it up with a WTF plot-twist at the end.

Having said that, looking forward to this weeks Ep thumb up

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101
Not watched Wayward Pines then? nah, i haven't.

it's worth checking out?

Robtard
Yes it is, Mouth.

jaden101
Originally posted by marwash22
nah, i haven't.

it's worth checking out?

So far yeah. Strange though. All questions and no answers after four episodes. If you liked Lost, Twin Peaks and weird shit like that you'll like it. Great cinematography and acting so far.

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101
If you liked Lost, nope.

That was the wrong comparison to make. laughing out loud

jaden101
Originally posted by marwash22
nope.

That was the wrong comparison to make. laughing out loud

laughing Lost started well. It suffered from the writer's strike and being dragged out too long and got shit. This is a one-off 10 part series. Hopefully it sticks to that cos Under the Dome started out as a single series and when they made the decision to extend it cos it got good ratings it got shit. Same with The Event.

marwash22
gonna check it out, if it's shit, both of you are getting Shireen'd.

marwash22
I'm on ep.7

this show is not doing a good job at explaining the rules of "visiting" someone.

Robtard
I'm on six.

So far it seems almost random or triggered by outside events, though the cop seemed to be able to focus and go to a specific person at few times.

They'll probably get to the point where they can will themselves to link whenever and share knowledge. Though as far as skills go, it seems like the 'receiver' doesn't actually permanently gain the knowledge, more so the 'giver' momentarily uses the other person's body to perform an action. eg Korean girl kicking ass through the African guy, cop picking lock through the drugged transgender girl.

Newjak
Just finished watching this series. I enjoyed it.

marwash22
never lost interest, but it's no Daredevil, he'll, it's no 'Touch' (Fox series by Tim kring). I saw the potential for awesome tho; when someone is in danger and all the cluster members swap in and out to help it was pretty amazing to watch.

Newjak
Originally posted by marwash22
never lost interest, but it's no Daredevil, he'll, it's no 'Touch' (Fox series by Tim kring). I saw the potential for awesome tho; when someone is in danger and all the cluster members swap in and out to help it was pretty amazing to watch. Yeah Daredevil was better. I also agree I loved watching the cluster in action especially in the last episode of the season.

I don't know why. You would think knowing that when someone is in danger and they can bring in fighters to handle it that the tension would drop. For some reason it heightened it for me.

Bardock42
Watched the first episode, it wasn't very good.

I'm glad they tried to include a lot of different people, but you just don't really care about them. And I don't really care much about the mystery either. So there's little reason to continue watching it.

A lot of the issues seem shoe horned in as well and then only given a very stereotypical treatment.

|King Joker|
Just watched the first episode. Why are the guys so ****ing hot?

Blair Wind
I actually really enjoyed this. It definitely wasn't very "Wachowski" to me (like the trash that Jupiter Ascending was). It's very slow, but each character eventually gets a large story arc devoted to them (juggling 8 main characters is hard, but watching as a whole, I think they did a great job).

I think the show was more about the human experience than you'd be led to believe from the trailers. The acting was great, the cinematography was A++.

I only had one question that bothered me: How was Nomi able to see Jonas? They never made actual visual contact as far as I can recall.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I actually really enjoyed this. It definitely wasn't very "Wachowski" to me (like the trash that Jupiter Ascending was). It's very slow, but each character eventually gets a large story arc devoted to them (juggling 8 main characters is hard, but watching as a whole, I think they did a great job).

I think the show was more about the human experience than you'd be led to believe from the trailers. The acting was great, the cinematography was A++.

I only had one question that bothered me: How was Nomi able to see Jonas? They never made actual visual contact as far as I can recall.

Didn't Nomi see Jonas shortly before the accident on the bike?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Bardock42
Didn't Nomi see Jonas shortly before the accident on the bike?

thumb up You're right, totally forgot about that.

Bardock42
Oh, btw, as an update to my earlier dislike, I have come to enjoy it more as the season progressed, I still think it has issues, but I am interested in the story further...

dadudemon
I'm still watching this. I hope I get those feels that Newjak did because I'm getting the same feel as others: not very interesting but interesting enough to keep me watching.

It's just something to watch when driving to or leaving work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.