Darth Vader vs. Voldemort.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Movie feats only for both combatants. Morals off. Distance of 3 meters. Who wins?

Stigma
Vader.

Impediment
Vader.

EmperorSidious2
If vader closes the distance than he wins but if he can't cover it fast enough I'd say voldemort as he can turn vader and his lightsaber into different objects.

Voldemort.

I can see both winning but I'd say whoever wins it 6/10

Stigma
Vader force chokes FTW.

quanchi112
Voldemort, easily.

EmperorSidious2
Whoever wins it won't be easily

EmperorSidious2
If they start 3 meters apart it gives voldemort some breathing room. Based on the movies I don't see vader covering 3 meters in the blink of an eye.

EmperorSidious2
What's the location?

Impediment
Vader Force grabs the wand from Voldemort's hand and snaps it in half.

Voldemort is Force choked.

Vader doesn't even have to move.

/thread.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Impediment

/thread.

Agreed, the best part is that Vader has actually used his powers to do everything you listed, which means thedkeffect can't claim that it's out-of-character.

EmperorSidious2
I'm ok with both win I can see vader winning to. Id say it could go either way. I change my vote.

It could go either way.

BruceSkywalker
the Dark Lord of the Sith force chokes Voldy ftw

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
Agreed, the best part is that Vader has actually used his powers to do everything you listed, which means thedkeffect can't claim that it's out-of-character. That effect dead rest you not me, sport.

Voldemort holds onto that wand. One Ak and he's gone.

StealthRanger
Angron solos

The Merchant
Unless Voldemort has a grip strength that's several tons of force worth he's not holding on to his wand. And even if he does let out an AK Vader can deflect it, blaster bolts move as fast as Bullets. Look up Tracer rounds on Youtube to see what I mean.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Merchant
Unless Voldemort has a grip strength that's several tons of force worth he's not holding on to his wand. And even if he does let out an AK Vader can deflect it, blaster bolts move as fast as Bullets. Look up Tracer rounds on Youtube to see what I mean. Voldemort has to himself. Vader is too slow. Han Solo tagged him and Vader laid in wait.

StealthRanger
>implies Voldemort is fast

:lmao

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
>implies Voldemort is fast

:lmao He is. Vader was slow since even Han Solo was quicker than he was. Awful.

StealthRanger
Han solo was of no threat to Vader and Vader didn't give two shits about him, Han shooting him proves dick

Voldemort has no speed feats of note

quanchi112
Han solo was of no threat to Vader and Vader didn't give two shits about him, Han shooting him proves dick

Voldemort has no speed feats of note It showed Vader waited until multiple shots were fired before he could to his weapon anyway. One Ak kills him.

Faster than Han in that scene. Poor Vader.

StealthRanger
Vader tanking Han Solo's attack and taking his blaster away was to demonstrate that Han was worthless next to Vader

Also, way to torpedo yourself with the word "waited", Vader could have done it whenever he wanted to

Show me a speed feat for Voldemort or **** off

quanchi112
Vader tanking Han Solo's attack and taking his blaster away was to demonstrate that Han was worthless next to Vader

Also, way to torpedo yourself with the word "waited", Vader could have done it whenever he wanted to

Show me a speed feat for Voldemort or **** off Vader did it as soon as he could. We see multiple blasts fired. Awful.

Voldemort kills him. This is a stomp.

StealthRanger
Still proves nothing other than than Han Solo is<<<<<Vader. IOW you have no point, as usual

Voldemort gets force choked

quanchi112
Still proves nothing other than than Han Solo is<<<<<Vader. IOW you have no point, as usual

Voldemort gets force choked It shows badgers reaction time. M

Nah, Voldemort can survive being drowned and power out. One Ak kills him.

StealthRanger
It shows nothing, you're just trying to lowball at this point, it ain't working

Because being in water is the same thing as having your neck crushed rite?

quanchi112
It shows nothing, you're just trying to lowball at this point, it ain't working

Because being in water is the same thing as having your neck crushed rite? It is canon. It proves my case. There is no low or highballing there is only evidence.

You are suffocating in both instances. Voldemort one shots him. Han fired multiple blasts that hit slow Vader.

StealthRanger
Vader deflected Han's blasts thumb up

You still have no real point, Vader was ****ing around with Han thumb up

quanchi112
Vader deflected Han's blasts thumb up

You still have no real point, Vader was ****ing around with Han thumb up They hit him. Ak kills him.

Prove it.

StealthRanger
The fact Vader was actually using them as bait to draw Luke out thumb up

Vader still stopped and absorbed them. AK has no speed feats and can be dodged by teenage fat shits like you and stopped by solid objects

Oh and "AK kills everything" is a no limit fallacy

quanchi112
The fact Vader was actually using them as bait to draw Luke out thumb up

Vader still stopped and absorbed them. AK has no speed feats and can be dodged by teenage fat shits like you and stopped by solid objects

Oh and "AK kills everything" is a no limit fallacy He still got hit and had prep. That's awful. Voldemort rapes this chump.

StealthRanger
He allowed Han to attack him, actively blocking his attacks, you still have no point

Voldemort can't even beat Harry Potter

quanchi112
He allowed Han to attack him, actively blocking his attacks, you still have no point

Voldemort can't even beat Harry Potter Prove it. He fired before Vader could pull his gun away despite knowing he was coming.

Tom Risdle rapes this lurker.

StealthRanger
Been there done that, Vader was ****ing around, the whole sequence was to prove they were of no threat to Vader, moving on

Good for Tom Risdle, whoever that is, though Tom Riddle gets force choked

quanchi112
Been there done that, Vader was ****ing around, the whole sequence was to prove they were of no threat to Vader, moving on

Good for Tom Risdle, whoever that is, though Tom Riddle gets force choked No, you speculated. He was not there to p,at around so why would he waste a moment with him more than he had to ? Han was faster. Tom riddle stomps. I proved a feat and you ignored it hence why I don't ever post clips for you troll.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, you speculated. He was not there to p,at around so why would he waste a moment with him more than he had to ?

Why would he need to when he's of no threat to him?

Vader was baiting Luke by using Han and co, Llando confirms this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

You have nothing thumb up

You still have no speed feats for Voldemort the mentally ill inbred

quanchi112
Why would he need to when he's of no threat to him?

Vader was baiting Luke by using Han and co, Llando confirms this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

You have nothing thumb up

You still have no speed feats for Voldemort the mentally ill inbred He was baiting but he a,so wanted to test the freeze in Han. Han was quicker than vader. Undeniable.

We see he was faster than Vader's tk. Winning feels spectacular.

StealthRanger
He was baiting but he a,so wanted to test the freeze in Han. Han was quicker than vader. Undeniable.

He wanted to draw out Skywalker, did you watch ESB while facing a wall or is your tunnel vision that bad?

Han is not faster than Vader

Wrong

quanchi112
He wanted to draw out Skywalker, did you watch ESB while facing a wall or is your tunnel vision that bad?

Han is not faster than Vader

Wrong That doesn't change the fact Han got off a few blasts. Reaction time is piss poor. Vader is slow.

Riddle ftw.

StealthRanger
That doesn't change the fact Han got off a few blasts. Reaction time is piss poor. Vader is slow.

Vader let him do that, it doesn't mean anything in any case, you still have no point

Maybe if Riddle has a speed feat, otherwise, no thumb up

quanchi112
Vader let him do that, it doesn't mean anything in any case, you still have no point

Maybe if Riddle has a speed feat, otherwise, no thumb up False. You can make shit up all you want. It's what fanboys do. Tom Riddle kills him. Vader lying in wait still can't be quicker than Han. Awful.

Silent Master

/thread.

Agreed.

Nibedicus
AK is blockable by nonliving physical objects.

Vader blocks AK with his nonliving robot hands.

Vader takes away wand, force chokes.

/thread

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nibedicus

/thread So are clothes. Does that seem to work ? Nah. Voldemort wins.

Golgo13
Vader.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Vader. Based on ?

EmperorSidious2

/thread [/QU

I'm not sure how vader hand would work with that. Since its apart of him but yes it's non living. But what if he uses a transfiguration spell, then turns him into a ferret. Also what's to stop voldmeort from using any spell while he is force choked.

RJ 2.0
Based on ? Based on Jedi being on a level that wizards cannot attain. No counter for force choke. It works WAY faster than any spell.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Based on Jedi being on a level that wizards cannot attain. No counter for force choke. It works WAY faster than any spell.

Well attained a level that a wizard hasn't, of physical power yes, but wizards have attained a versatility that is best to them. Also you don't have to block the attack to have a counter for it. If vader leaves himself open voldmeort can use avada kedavra or another spell. Also avada kedavra is instant while force choke takes a little bit longer.

KingD19
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Well attained a level that a wizard hasn't, of physical power yes, but wizards have attained a versatility that is best to them. Also you don't have to block the attack to have a counter for it. If vader leaves himself open voldmeort can use avada kedavra or another spell. Also avada kedavra is instant while force choke takes a little bit longer.

Vader can raise his hand quicker than Voldemort can shout "AVADA KEDAVRA" and make a wand motion. Also you can't use AK without a wand(which Vader can snatch) or talking, which is impossible when you're getting choked out.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by KingD19
Vader can raise his hand quicker than Voldemort can shout "AVADA KEDAVRA" and make a wand motion. Also you can't use AK without a wand(which Vader can snatch) or talking, which is impossible when you're getting choked out.

Voldemort doesn't need to shout avada kedavra to use it. So with that while he may be getting choked if he still has his wand he can still use it. Yes you can use it without talking as he did it throughout the second part of the battle of hogwarts.

EmperorSidious2
https://youtu.be/rBRfVbP1cyo this shows voldmelrt using avada kedavra several times without the need of words.

The Merchant
Vader's Lightsaber can block the AK why wouldn't it?

The Merchant
Also Vader's reaction time is much faster than Voldemort's. In the films we see blaster bolts travel hundreds of meters in less than a second in Attack of the Clones when we see Blaster Bolts cross the diameter of those separatists ships casually. We also see Luke block blaster bolts from Speeder Bikes that according to the Empire of Dreams commentary were going at 100 miles per hour and the Bolts outpaced the bikes in 0.04 seconds which would make the bolts have a speed of 2,500 miles per hour and Luke and Vader were equal until Luke used the Dark-side.

Impediment

/thread.

A note to everyone: Quan will say "Based on?" and "Nah. Voldemort wins." for the next 50 pages. We ALL know that Vader wins, but if you wanna keep up the back & forth, then have fun.

Nibedicus
https://youtu.be/rBRfVbP1cyo this shows voldmelrt using avada kedavra several times without the need of words.

Time Stamp it so we can know for sure w/c parts you are talking about.

Nibedicus
So are clothes. Does that seem to work ? Nah. Voldemort wins.

Blaster shots that also bypass clothes did not bypass Vader's robot hand.

Vader's hand > Blaster shots = AK > clothes.

hmm

Makes sense to me.

Placidity
A note to everyone: Quan will say "Based on?" and "Nah. Voldemort wins." for the next 50 pages. We ALL know that Vader wins, but if you wanna keep up the back & forth, then have fun.

Based on?

Impediment
sam

Say it again.

quanchi112

hmm

Makes sense to me. His suit absorbed the blast. Ak kills those it hits. Blaster fire does not. It's not a killing curse. Hell, a little force lightning short circuited Vader and Like walked away from it like a fading headache that passed.

quanchi112
Based on Jedi being on a level that wizards cannot attain. No counter for force choke. It works WAY faster than any spell. You do realize you blatantly lying isn't debating. Wanna time out Vader force chokes so I can have a laufh at your expense.

Wizards are far greater than any Jedi or with at this point.

Nibedicus

1) His suit absorbed the blast.
2) Ak kills those it hits.
3) Blaster fire does not.
4) It's not a killing curse.
5) Hell, a little force lightning short circuited Vader and Like walked away from it like a fading headache that passed.

1) Armor absorbing an attack. Makes sense. Has AK bypassed armor before?
2) Uh huh.
3) Blasters don't kill ppl? Certainly new to me. hmmm
4) Well, it's a killing shooty thingy. Certainly better than just cursing ppl. uhuh
5) Electricity shorting out electronics.... Not really game changing logic there....

quanchi112
1) Armor absorbing an attack. Makes sense. Has AK bypassed armor before?
2) Uh huh.
3) Blasters don't kill ppl? Certainly new to me. hmmm
4) Well, it's a killing shooty thingy. Certainly better than just cursing ppl. uhuh
5) Electricity shorting out electronics.... Not really game changing logic there.... 1) it has bypassed clothes. If you think armor is different than anything covering an individual you have to prove it.
2) K.
3) they can but they don't kill every single time they hit. Did you forgot about Han Solo shooting Vader already ?
4) nah. A kill curse is far better.

Nibedicus
1) it has bypassed clothes. If you think armor is different than anything covering an individual you have to prove it.
2) K.
3) they can but they don't kill every single time they hit. Did you forgot about Han Solo shooting Vader already ?
4) nah. A kill curse is far better.

1) Armor protects us from attacks. Clothes cover our bodies from being naked and cold. Proof provided. thumb up
2) Cool.
3) You're countering Vader deflecting blaster blasts by downplaying blaster blasts by pointing out that Vader deflected them? Congratulations! You just won the Circular Logic award! Speech speech!
4) Tell ye what, you head towards the roughest neighborhood you can find, approach the meanest guy you see and yell curses at him. Then (after your long recovery and some physical therapy) come back and bring your killing shooty thingy (I think they call it "guns" here) and see how well you do then? smile I think this experiment will benefit mankind as we know it!

quanchi112
1) Armor protects us from attacks. Clothes cover our bodies from being naked and cold. Proof provided. thumb up
2) Cool.
3) You're countering Vader deflecting blaster blasts by downplaying blaster blasts by pointing out that Vader deflected them? Congratulations! You just won the Circular Logic award! Speech speech!
4) Tell ye what, you head towards the roughest neighborhood you can find, approach the meanest guy you see and yell curses at him. Then (after your long recovery and some physical therapy) come back and bring your killing shooty thingy (I think they call it "guns" here) and see how well you do then? smile I think this experiment will benefit mankind as we know it! 1) clothes can to but can't absorb a lot of power. This is a magical attack. His armor wasn't built to resist that was it ?

2) k.

3) he absorbed them. He proved his suit can absorb a few blasts to the hands but that his reflexes aren't greater than Han's in that scene since Han reacted first.

4) so you want to real world this thread and forget how their powers work.

EmperorSidious2
Vader's Lightsaber can block the AK why wouldn't it?

I'm just here to clear any confusion such as the need for voldemort to say avada kedavra for him to use it to give voldemort a better playing field since everyone's agaisn't him not trying to actually debate.

EmperorSidious2

See that's something I like to call precog but Quan wants to then say Based on, or prove that that is precog.

quanchi112
See that's something I like to call precog but Quan wants to then say Based on, or prove that that is precog. Prove it, boy.

Nibedicus
1) clothes can to but can't absorb a lot of power. This is a magical attack. His armor wasn't built to resist that was it ?

2) k.

3) he absorbed them. He proved his suit can absorb a few blasts to the hands but that his reflexes aren't greater than Han's in that scene since Han reacted first.

4) so you want to real world this thread and forget how their powers work.

1) Well, if you're talking about attacks from mosquitoes and angry babies with gummy teethy bites, I'm sure clothes work great as protection. Thing is, that's not the case here. As both AK and blasters bypass clothing and AK has been deflected by nonliving objects before (centaur statue). Nonliving robot hands have deflected attacks that kill ppl and bypass clothing. While AK has no showings of bypassing defenses that protect ppl from being killed by attacks (armor). In the end, it comes down to who has more proof than the other.
2) Kk
3) We're not talking about reflexes here. We're talking about about Cyborg robot hands> Armor > Clothes. Stay on topic man! And take your circular logic award already! The people here and eager to hear your speech (1000 words min, don't forget to thank everyone who has helped you get to where you are now, email me with cc of your draft speech for approval prior, thank you!)
4) Hey! We're talking about curses vs shooty killy thingies in general in that instance there. Why are you so reluctant to benefit mankind here Quan??? Stop being a sissy and do it! And here I am, thinking you were cool and all. sad

EmperorSidious2

0:18 and 0:29 and 0:56-0:57 and 2:55 3:28

EmperorSidious2

hmm

Makes sense to me.

Well it can be stated that him having blocked them could be tutaminis as tutaminis block blaster fire, lightning, and energy projectiles. While it could also be argued that vader said suit was made to where it blocks energy bolts I find that unlikely and that tutaminis was the actual case. So with that if voldemort were to do that with avada kedavra or a transfiguration spell I don't believe tutaminis is going to help vader as it did in that instance.

EmperorSidious2
Prove it, boy.

How else are you going to know boy. If a blaster bolt is coming toward you and you don't know it is how do you block it but not know.

quanchi112
1) Well, if you're talking about attacks from mosquitoes and angry babies with gummy teethy bites, I'm sure clothes work great as protection. Thing is, that's not the case here. As both AK and blasters bypass clothing and AK has been deflected by nonliving objects before (centaur statue). Nonliving robot hands have deflected attacks that kill ppl and bypass clothing. While AK has no showings of bypassing defenses that protect ppl from being killed by attacks (armor). In the end, it comes down to who has more proof than the other.
2) Kk
3) We're not talking about reflexes here. We're talking about about Cyborg robot hands> Armor > Clothes. Stay on topic man! And take your circular logic award already! The people here and eager to hear your speech (1000 words min, don't forget to thank everyone who has helped you get to where you are now, email me with cc of your draft speech for approval prior, thank you!)
4) Hey! We're talking about curses vs shooty killy thingies in general in that instance there. Why are you so reluctant to benefit mankind here Quan??? Stop being a sissy and do it! And here I am, thinking you were cool and all. sad 1) Nonliving objects not worn by the victims. You made the claim that armor is different. Force lighting got right through it just fine. The same force lightning that didn't kill or even knock out Luke who sustained it over five times as long.
2) alright

3) I am talking about both. You can close your eyes and pretend that isn't the case but that doesn't change the feat. None of this means anything in regard to a magical attack designed to kill. His suit sustains him. Without the aid of his suit he dies. So while it's more effective against a blast hitting his robotic hands that has zero relevancy with regards to Voldemort's magical attack.

4) you abandoned the fictional universes and went real world. That's a concession.

Nibedicus
1) Nonliving objects not worn by the victims. You made the claim that armor is different. Force lighting got right through it just fine. The same force lightning that didn't kill or even knock out Luke who sustained it over five times as long.
2) alright

3) I am talking about both. You can close your eyes and pretend that isn't the case but that doesn't change the feat. None of this means anything in regard to a magical attack designed to kill. His suit sustains him. Without the aid of his suit he dies. So while it's more effective against a blast hitting his robotic hands that has zero relevancy with regards to Voldemort's magical attack.

4) you abandoned the fictional universes and went real world. That's a concession.

1) Armor is different. Check the dictionary! uhuh. Lightning bypasses metal. Again, not ground breaking.
2) YaY!
3) Ok, sure I'll take your advice. Lemme close my eyes for a sec..........
Nope. Still don't remember where we discussed Vader vs Solo reflexes here up until you mentioned it, that is. Trying to pull the debate into a tangent doesn't really help your argument....

So you're going for the Pull into a tangent award here as WELL as the circular logic award??? Now you're just being greedy quan. Tsk. Tsk. And you haven't even submitted your speech yet....
4) Hey! I was trying to help mankind here. You have gotten so selfish ever since you won that award... shee...!

Althought, you sound so sexy when you say "concession". Say it again, please.

EmperorSidious2
Why are you just debating about avada kedavra. What about other transfiguration spells. I don't think vaders suit can protect him from that.

Silent Master
What transfiguration spells can Tommy cast without a wand?

EmperorSidious2
What transfiguration spells can Tommy cast without a wand?

Like I said this is taken into consideration considering the circumstances.
Also if they start out in this way, vader won't know to take his wand if that were the case, why didn't he just take Luke's lightsaber, or obi wans. If they start out this way and he attempts to use tutaminis then he's whatever voldemort turns him into.

Nibedicus
Also if they start out in this way, vader won't know to take his wand if that were the case, why didn't he just take Luke's lightsaber, or obi wans. If they start out this way and he attempts to use tutaminis then he's whatever voldemort turns him into.

Are you arguing that Vader isn't going to yank his wand away because he doesn't do that all the time?

Silent Master

So, you're arguing that Vader won't disarm Tommy because he doesn't use that tactic 100% of the time, yet Tommy will start of with transfiguration despite him not doing so 100% of the time?

EmperorSidious2
Are you arguing that Vader isn't going to yank his wand away because he doesn't do that all the time?

This is more of an FYI type of thing as force users can disarm people but they normally don't yet it would be beneficial. Im also saying as neither have no knowledge of the others powers so right off the back, vader won't know to take his wand.

Nibedicus
This is more of an FYI type of thing as force users can disarm people but they normally don't yet it would be beneficial. Im also saying as neither have no knowledge of the others powers so right off the back, vader won't know to take his wand.

And how often have wizards turned ppl into ferrets in combat?

Voldy wouldn't know that the armor would deflect his AK so he wouldn't know to start off with a transfiguration spell.

See where I'm headed here?

EmperorSidious2
So, you're arguing that Vader won't disarm Tommy because he doesn't use that tactic 100% of the time, yet Tommy will start of with transfiguration despite him not doing so 100% of the time?

I didn't say he wouldn't disarm voldemort. I'm just saying he wouldn't do it right off the bat because he doesn't have experience agaisn't people like Tom so he won't know to just take his wand and I didn't say he will start off with transfiguration I said he could use it.

EmperorSidious2

Voldy wouldn't know that the armor would deflect his AK so he wouldn't know to start off with a transfiguration spell.

Well why would they have an entire class for it if it wasn't worth anything, also again I didn't say vader couldn't I said he wouldn't do it right on the first move.

It's speculators that avada kedavra wouldn't work on his armor as its apart of vader, and if that's the case you are starting off voldmeort with an unfair disadvantage as if that were the case he's starting off not being able to use a certain spell. So the armor deflecting avada kedavra is speculation.

Yes but it won't do you any good.

Nibedicus
I didn't say he wouldn't disarm voldemort. I'm just saying he wouldn't do it right off the bat because he doesn't have experience agaisn't people like Tom so he won't know to just take his wand and I didn't say he will start off with transfiguration I said he could use it.

Anything can happen, but best to debate the likely and not the maybe.

Vader has more instances of disarming an opponent than Voldy does transfiguring them.

As long as we agree that it is more likely for Vader to disarm Voldy than it is for Voldy to start off with a transfiguration spell, we're golden.

Silent Master
You're aware that Vader has precog, right? That means he would know to take the wand and even if he didn't have precog Vader is still fast enough to dodge or block spells until he decides to end the fight.

Surtur
Hold up, in the last film doesn't Voldemort, whilst flying, run into a crapload of power lines that electrocute him and stuff, and it doesn't kill him? He just screams out of anger, not pain, and isn't even knocked to the ground. So he does have some durability.

I do like how the OP had to list morals were off. Neither of these people had morals to begin with. Darth Vader at the very end did kill Palpatine, but it was because he was killing his kid, NOT because it was the right thing to do. If Luke wasn't his kid he wouldn't of done a damn thing but watch him die. Even evil people sometimes love their family.

Anyways, I'm not sure why people are acting like Vader has any speed of note. Blaster bolts move slow as hell, that isn't a speed feat that screams "He will get to act before Voldemort". What else do people feel Vader did that suggested any kind of speed? "He was a jedi!" is not enough. Feats. Him and Obi Wan moved slow as hell in their fight. Vader moved slow as hell in every fight.

Why would the armor deflect the AK? Doesn't the AK destroy statues and shit by hitting them? Even if it doesn't do it's insta kill thing, why wouldn't it at least damage the suit?

Nibedicus
Well why would they have an entire class for it if it wasn't worth anything, also again I didn't say vader couldn't I said he wouldn't do it right on the first move.

It's speculators that avada kedavra wouldn't work on his armor as its apart of vader, and if that's the case you are starting off voldmeort with an unfair disadvantage as if that were the case he's starting off not being able to use a certain spell. So the armor deflecting avada kedavra is speculation.

Yes but it won't do you any good.

Wizards don't learn to cast spells in order to fight others. Just because something is not used as much in combat doesn't mean it is useless in day-to-day application and shouldn't be taught. There is a much higher chance for Vader to wrench the wand from Voldy than there is Voldy casting a transfiguration spell.

AK has been blocked by nonliving objects before. Robot hand = nonliving object. AK has never pierced armor as well. So basically, my position has better proof than yours.

Just pointing out the double standards in your logic man.

EmperorSidious2
Anything can happen, but best to debate the likely and not the maybe.

Vader has more instances of disarming an opponent than Voldy does transfiguring them.

As long as we agree that it is more likely for Vader to disarm Voldy than it is for Voldy to start off with a transfiguration spell, we're golden.

Yes anything can happen and also due to voldemort said versatility this should be a very interesting match.

Yes he does by 1 I believe becuse as of the rules for this thread vader has only disarmed one person and that was Han.

Yes I agree with that my friend. Also avada kedavra I wouldn't discount it as its also capable of destroying objects as seen in goblet of fire and deathly Hallows part 2. So avada kedavra definitely has the power to kill vader.

EmperorSidious2
You're aware that Vader has precog, right? That means he would know to take the wand and even if he didn't have precog Vader is still fast enough to dodge or block spells until he decides to end the fight.

Well I'm currently at a crossroad right now be aisle there are instances where precog could have helped and should have been used but weren't. Also voldmeort has occlumency as well to where he could see what vader is going to do. I wouldn't say he ends the fight or chooses to as Voldmelrt isn't some helpless person even without his wand as he has plenty of power without it.

Nibedicus
Yes anything can happen and also due to voldemort said versatility this should be a very interesting match.

Yes he does by 1 I believe becuse as of the rules for this thread vader has only disarmed one person and that was Han.

Yes I agree with that my friend. Also avada kedavra I wouldn't discount it as its also capable of destroying objects as seen in goblet of fire and deathly Hallows part 2. So avada kedavra definitely has the power to kill vader.

Sadly, at this range and with how lethal their attacks are, versatility isn't the factor here. It is who gets the hit the other first with an effective attack.

1 vs 0. If you do the math, Vader has an infinitely higher chance than Voldy.

Please show instances where AK managed to destroy nonliving objects better than a blaster can.

Silent Master
You're aware that occlumency doesn't allow people to read minds, you're thinking of Legilimency and I also hope you're aware that Tommy has never used it to predict an opponents movements.

EmperorSidious2
Wizards don't learn to cast spells in order to fight others. Just because something is not used as much in combat doesn't mean it is useless in day-to-day application and shouldn't be taught. There is a much higher chance for Vader to wrench the wand from Voldy than there is Voldy casting a transfiguration spell.

AK has been blocked by nonliving objects before. Robot hand = nonliving object. AK has never pierced armor as well. So basically, my position has better proof than yours.

Just pointing out the double standards in your logic man.

Chamber of secrets, and goblet of fire, and order of the Phoenix. They have an entire dueling club, moody turns Draco into a ferret in a close to combat situation(not really a combat situation more like a bully thing), and dumbledore turns glass into sand. What's to stop him form using transfiguration if he has the wand. If he has it he can still use them.

Yes it has I agree. Avada kedavra has also destroyed non living physical objects before as well. Robot hand = no living object = being destroyed by avada kedavra as seen in the movies. Has there ever been an instance where voldmeort has had to actually go through armour with that spell. So with that it's not really good to say it can't when there has never been a situation to say it can't.

What double standards am I using. I've agreed that he wouldn't use transfiguration on the first move he would use, avada kedavra or some other type of curse, but most likely avada kedavra and vader wouldn't know about Voldmelrt as they don't have any knowledge of the other.

EmperorSidious2
You're aware that occlumency doesn't allow people to read minds, you're thinking of Legilimency and I also hope you're aware that Tommy has never used it to predict an opponents movements.

And vader has never disa,red a lightsaber dueling opponent. Yes you are correct I was thinking legilimency. It allows you to penetrate the mind so you can find out someone's plan by entering their mind.

Silent Master
Which Tommy has never used during a fight, yet you want him to use it here, while at the same time you seem to have a problem with Vader disarming Tommy, despite it being a tactic that Vader has used before.

EmperorSidious2
Sadly, at this range and with how lethal their attacks are, versatility isn't the factor here. It is who gets the hit the other first with an effective attack.

1 vs 0. If you do the math, Vader has an infinitely higher chance than Voldy.

Please show instances where AK managed to destroy nonliving objects better than a blaster can.

I'm not disagreeing with you that versatility isn't something vader can't handle because he can but, voldmeort said power shouldn't be just discounted.

Yes 1 is greater than none.However that doesn't detract from the fact that transfiguration can be used, all depends on the situation.

https://youtu.be/rBRfVbP1cyo 0:55 destroyed that fang pretty efficiently and the ground no doubt had a break in it. https://youtu.be/eAHDS5Rn4kg 0:29-0:37. Destroyed the plaster on the wall with tendrils meaning not the strongest form with not so much effort.

EmperorSidious2
Which Tommy has never used during a fight, yet you want him to use it here, while at the same time you seem to have a problem with Vader disarming Tommy, despite it being a tactic that Vader has used before.

Ok you are like a raging bull. You don't think and you don't think and you don't look. I said over and over again that I have no problem with the notion of vader attempting to take his wand. I'm saying that he wouldn't do it right off the back as voldemort wouldn't do transfiguration right off the back as neither doesn't have any knowledge of the other. Voldmeort doesn't know what vaders suit is capable of, and vader doesn't know that voldemort using his wand is his main way to attack. Calm down and read dude.

Never used in a fight shall we remember how dumbledore used the spell to turn the glass into sand. Of course it wasn't Tom but that isn't an impossible spell that only the elder and can do, or some extreme spell that only dumbledore can use. Also what do you think Mcgonagall was using all throughout the battle of hogwarts and PIERTOTUM LOCOMOTER made an entire army. So yes transfiguration can be used.

Silent Master
Since you agree that Vader is fast enough to dodge/block incoming spells and has the ability to disarm Tommy, you should also agree that Vader wins the majority, right?

Btw, we were talking about Legilimency when I made the comment about him not using it in a fight.

EmperorSidious2
Since you agree that Vader is fast enough to dodge/block incoming spells and has the ability to disarm Tommy, you should also agree that Vader wins the majority, right?

Btw, we were talking about Legilimency when I made the comment about him not using it in a fight.

No not really since Tom has spells that if he does block he will get hurt(reducto, bombarda, bombardoa maxima) however he does have a great deal of resistance however not sure how these will fair agaisn't his armour.

Legilimency yes.

Silent Master
Why would those spells hurt if they were blocked?

EmperorSidious2
Why would those spells hurt if they were blocked?

Maybe because they were made to blow up the item they touch.

Silent Master
Yet I don't recall them blowing up any shields when they hit, do you have some clips?

EmperorSidious2
Yet I don't recall them blowing up any shields when they hit, do you have some clips?

1. What do shields have to do with anything.
2. I have clips that they blow up the things they to touch.

Silent Master
Including energy? As Vader would likely be using his lightsaber to block.

EmperorSidious2
Including energy? As Vader would likely be using his lightsaber to block.

Also just to put it out there what's to stop voldmeort from disarming him of his lightsaber. Energy I doubt it would destroy.

Surtur
Also people are saying Voldemort wouldn't cast transfiguration spells because he wouldn't know to do so..what about basic knowledge? Wouldn't he be aware he is fighting some cyborg thing?

Also has anyone explained what would happen to his suit if Vader gets hit by the AK? I don't see him not getting blasted back by it and his suit messed up.

The Merchant
Blaster Bolts aren't slow, they're as fast as the AK and are as fast as bullets. Look up tracer rounds, they are as fast as the Blaster Bolts we see in the films. Blaster Bolts have also shown to cross extremely large distances like in Attack of the Clones. So Vader's reaction speed is faster than Voldemort's, meaning he could apply a force attack on Voldy before Voldy does anything.

quanchi112
1) Armor is different. Check the dictionary! uhuh. Lightning bypasses metal. Again, not ground breaking.
2) YaY!
3) Ok, sure I'll take your advice. Lemme close my eyes for a sec..........
Nope. Still don't remember where we discussed Vader vs Solo reflexes here up until you mentioned it, that is. Trying to pull the debate into a tangent doesn't really help your argument....

So you're going for the Pull into a tangent award here as WELL as the circular logic award??? Now you're just being greedy quan. Tsk. Tsk. And you haven't even submitted your speech yet....
4) Hey! I was trying to help mankind here. You have gotten so selfish ever since you won that award... shee...!

Althought, you sound so sexy when you say "concession". Say it again, please. So lightning can but a spell designed to kill you will be stopped cold just because you say so ?

2) K.

3). Vader is slow and suggesting he can react before Voldemort gets trashed when we look at the Han Solo feat.

4). You concede. I accept.

Nibedicus
1) You need to prove that the AK interacts in the same way as electricity does with metal and circuitry, not the other way around.
2) J
3) You already got the "tries to take the debate into the tangent" award. No need to overdo it, sir.
4) Ohhh! sexy! big grin accepting things not offered is kinda a strange habit, tho. Might wanna look into that...

Nibedicus
Chamber of secrets, and goblet of fire, and order of the Phoenix. They have an entire dueling club, moody turns Draco into a ferret in a close to combat situation(not really a combat situation more like a bully thing), and dumbledore turns glass into sand. What's to stop him form using transfiguration if he has the wand. If he has it he can still use them.

Yes it has I agree. Avada kedavra has also destroyed non living physical objects before as well. Robot hand = no living object = being destroyed by avada kedavra as seen in the movies. Has there ever been an instance where voldmeort has had to actually go through armour with that spell. So with that it's not really good to say it can't when there has never been a situation to say it can't.

What double standards am I using. I've agreed that he wouldn't use transfiguration on the first move he would use, avada kedavra or some other type of curse, but most likely avada kedavra and vader wouldn't know about Voldmelrt as they don't have any knowledge of the other.

You're not getting it. Magic is taught for more than just combat situations. You implied that transfiguration needs to be necessary in combat for it to be not useless (and implied that it would not be taught if it were useless). I merely countered that, although transfiguration is used very rarely in combat, it is not useless as magic has far more applications in the day-to-day of a wizard than just combat and many schools of magic are taught without combat in mind.

AK needs to prove that it can destroy something that easily deflected blasts that can melt durasteel. You need to provide showings for AK destroying objects in one hit that blasters (particle weapons) cannot even scratch from multiple direct hits. Otherwise, you are committing a no-limits fallacy.

You mentioned that it is rare (and unlikely) for Vader to take away weapons from an opponent (even though he has) but mention (although via a beat-around-the-bush kind of way) that there is a chance for Voldy to turn him into a ferret (although he has never done so). Double standards from where I'm standing. But, of course, you also hide behind the "hey! I never said he WOULD just that it's possible" to avoid getting called on it, but why even mention it (and debate about its effectiveness) if it's not likely to happen?

Nibedicus
I'm not disagreeing with you that versatility isn't something vader can't handle because he can but, voldmeort said power shouldn't be just discounted.

Yes 1 is greater than none.However that doesn't detract from the fact that transfiguration can be used, all depends on the situation.

https://youtu.be/rBRfVbP1cyo 0:55 destroyed that fang pretty efficiently and the ground no doubt had a break in it. https://youtu.be/eAHDS5Rn4kg 0:29-0:37. Destroyed the plaster on the wall with tendrils meaning not the strongest form with not so much effort.

This isn't about who is more powerful (because I WILL agree that Voldy can perform much more powerful "feats" than movie Vader can for now). This is about the fact that each have more powerful than the other's defense can handle. It comes down to who gets the first effective attack in.

The situation in this case is that they are standing close to each other and with little knowledge of each other will no doubt go to their go-to attacks. Vader chokes, Voldy gasps as he is lifted into the air and is either stunned (like most choked opponents) by the force choke (example Kenobi) long enough to be killed by it or (by a slight chance) be able to shoot an AK bolt which can be deflected by Vader's robot hand even tho it is even possible that it can be stopped entirely by his armor (as you have not provided showings or AK affecting someone in armor).

EmperorSidious2
You're not getting it. Magic is taught for more than just combat situations. You implied that transfiguration needs to be necessary in combat for it to be not useless (and implied that it would not be taught if it were useless). I merely countered that, although transfiguration is used very rarely in combat, it is not useless as magic has far more applications in the day-to-day of a wizard than just combat and many schools of magic are taught without combat in mind.

AK needs to prove that it can destroy something that easily deflected blasts that can melt durasteel. You need to provide showings for AK destroying objects in one hit that blasters (particle weapons) cannot even scratch from multiple direct hits. Otherwise, you are committing a no-limits fallacy.

You mentioned that it is rare (and unlikely) for Vader to take away weapons from an opponent (even though he has) but mention (although via a beat-around-the-bush kind of way) that there is a chance for Voldy to turn him into a ferret (although he has never done so). Double standards from where I'm standing. But, of course, you also hide behind the "hey! I never said he WOULD just that it's possible" to avoid getting called on it, but why even mention it (and debate about its effectiveness) if it's not likely to happen?

Yes it is. While I agree as per the movies it isn't used as much by saying its taught, I'm implying that it has combative uses as we have seen. Yes it is for day to day purposes but it can also be used for combative uses as well.

Well avada kedavra did destroy that basilisk fang in one hit. No it's not on level with vaders suit but still it did. Also your asking me to prove that avada kedavra can get past a lightsaber when a lightsaber doesn't exist in Harry Potter. It's shown it has the ca ability to damage smaller objects, and cause some type of damage to stone objects. Not saying it would do this to vader, just saying some of its feats. Also FYI I'm merely here to clear any confusion about different spells, not really here to debate for the moment.

You are taking my words and twisting them. I'm saying that vader hasn't really showed disarming in a heated battle, however I'm not saying he can't. I'm stating the obvious. He hasn't been shown to, but once, however he still can if he receives an opening. Cold,earth is not limited to any abilities meaning he can use everything he has at his disposal which involves transfiguration. So no I'm not using double standards, you are trying to make it appear that way. You can call me out on it if you wish however it doesn't change the fact that vader can disarm Voldmelrt if he see he needs to and gold,letting can use transfiguration if he needs to. Now again, how am I using double standards.

EmperorSidious2
This isn't about who is more powerful (because I WILL agree that Voldy can perform much more powerful "feats" than movie Vader can for now). This is about the fact that each have more powerful than the other's defense can handle. It comes down to who gets the first effective attack in.

The situation in this case is that they are standing close to each other and with little knowledge of each other will no doubt go to their go-to attacks. Vader chokes, Voldy gasps as he is lifted into the air and is either stunned (like most choked opponents) by the force choke (example Kenobi) long enough to be killed by it or (by a slight chance) be able to shoot an AK bolt which can be deflected by Vader's robot hand even tho it is even possible that it can be stopped entirely by his armor (as you have not provided showings or AK affecting someone in armor).

I can live with that.

Yes that's what I've been saying. They have little knowledge of each other so vader right off the back won't know to take his wand, and Voldmelrt doesn't understand his suit or his lightsaber. Vader can choke voldemort, but that doesn't mean that they have to stay still. Voldemortcan shoot more than just avada kedavra you know. This is where versatility comes into play and also force choke doesn't just kill instantly from what I remember.

quanchi112
1) You need to prove that the AK interacts in the same way as electricity does with metal and circuitry, not the other way around.
2) J
3) You already got the "tries to take the debate into the tangent" award. No need to overdo it, sir.
4) Ohhh! sexy! big grin accepting things not offered is kinda a strange habit, tho. Might wanna look into that... 1) I have already proven Ak hits those with clothing, etc. on their person. If your claim is Vader's armor is different then the burden is on you.

2) k

3). It's about reflexes.

4) you went real world which is textbook concession talk.

Nibedicus
I can live with that.

Yes that's what I've been saying. They have little knowledge of each other so vader right off the back won't know to take his wand, and Voldmelrt doesn't understand his suit or his lightsaber. Vader can choke voldemort, but that doesn't mean that they have to stay still. Voldemortcan shoot more than just avada kedavra you know. This is where versatility comes into play and also force choke doesn't just kill instantly from what I remember.

Fair enough.

There is a good chance that the pain will stun him (like it did a seasoned combatant like Obi). Also, oce Voldy (most likely) attempt the AK (which Vader can deflect), Vader will no doubt take away his wand. The only way for your scenario to work is if 1) Voldy is able to fight thru the pain and shoot a bolt before getting KO'd/stunned long enough to be finished off. 2) Vader doesn't take away his wand after getting shot at by it. Possible, but in a 10/10 scenario, I'd say maybe 1 in 10 chance at best.

I will also express my doubts about that the little green blobs he used to destroy the Fang is AK as Harry was blocking similar bolts at the start. I'm not the Potterverse expert but AK is unblockable by Protego isn't it?

Nibedicus
1) I have already proven Ak hits those with clothing, etc. on their person. If your claim is Vader's armor is different then the burden is on you.

2) k

3). It's about reflexes.

4) you went real world which is textbook concession talk.

1) Blasters go thru clothing. Vader blocks those. You already won the circular debating award. No need to overdo it this time too.

2) Kay

3) Trying to go for the max points for "attempting to take the debate to a tangent" award here aren't we? :O

4) Hm. Must have been in the Quan-style debating textbook. Sorry, but I never bought the book, bad reviews and such.

quanchi112
1) Blasters go thru clothing. Vader blocks those. You already won the circular debating award. No need to overdo it this time too.

2) Kay

3) Trying to go for the max points for "attempting to take the debate to a tangent" award here aren't we? :O

4) Hm. Must have been in the Quan-style debating textbook. Sorry, but I never bought the book, bad reviews and such. 1) what does that have to do with an attack that doesn't necessarily even break your skin ? Apples to oranges. Magic.

2) roger

3) I see you concede the point.

4) well, it is a best seller.

Nibedicus
1) what does that have to do with an attack that doesn't necessarily even break your skin ? Apples to oranges. Magic.

2) roger

3) I see you concede the point.

4) well, it is a best seller.

1) Both penetrate clothing. Both can kill. Both are blockable by nonliving objects. Vader has a nonliving hand he can use for blocking. With every property of each attack that has any relevance to the debate, this is a close enough comparison.

2) Stacey.

3) Conceding to a point I never made? Tsk tsk. Is this you trying to create a new award category now? Greedy greedy Quan.

4) Well, if you count Somalia, sure it was a best seller. Tho I heard they were giving out free biscuits and milk with every book, that might have helped a bit. Still reviews were bad so I didn't bother getting it. Sorry bro. sad

quanchi112
1) Both penetrate clothing. Both can kill. Both are blockable by nonliving objects. Vader has a nonliving hand he can use for blocking. With every property of each attack that has any relevance to the debate, this is a close enough comparison.

2) Stacey.

3) Conceding to a point I never made? Tsk tsk. Is this you trying to create a new award category now? Greedy greedy Quan.

4) Well, if you count Somalia, sure it was a best seller. Tho I heard they were giving out free biscuits and milk with every book, that might have helped a bit. Still reviews were bad so I didn't bother getting it. Sorry bro. sad

1. One tears into flesh and one doesn't. They aren't the same at all. One magically kills the other doesn't. It can kill but it also can wreck the body. Does the Ak wreck the body ?

2. Alrighty then,

3). You don't believe reflexes matter I do.

4) just say Voldemort wins already.

Nibedicus
1. One tears into flesh and one doesn't. They aren't the same at all. One magically kills the other doesn't. It can kill but it also can wreck the body. Does the Ak wreck the body ?

2. Alrighty then,

3). You don't believe reflexes matter I do.

4) just say Voldemort wins already.

1. Both are blockable by physical objects. The said physical object is present that can block. This is as close to a perfect comparison as you can make.

Are you implying that AK will somehow bypass his nonliving robot hand? What exactly is your argument?

2. All lefty then.

3. As we are still in a debate about if the AK can be blocked/deflected by a robot hand? No, reflexes are not relevant at this point, no. smile

4. What page of the Quan textbook is this? Is there a pdf I can download for free off the net? I really dont feel like forking the 10 cents for your book man. sad

quanchi112
1. Both are blockable by physical objects. The said physical object is present that can block. This is as close to a perfect comparison as you can make.

Are you implying that AK will somehow bypass his nonliving robot hand? What exactly is your argument?

2. All lefty then.

3. As we are still in a debate about if the AK can be blocked/deflected by a robot hand? No, reflexes are not relevant at this point, no. smile

4. What page of the Quan textbook is this? Is there a pdf I can download for free off the net? I really dont feel like forking the 10 cents for your book man. sad 1)not clothing the person. No, it isn't. If you think a magical attack designed to kill is the same as an energy blast then you aren't familiar with magic.

2) play on player.

3) if it's connected to the person he dies as in clothing, etc., if you feel it wouldn't kill him provide proof.

4) do not pirate my wisdom.

EmperorSidious2
Fair enough.

There is a good chance that the pain will stun him (like it did a seasoned combatant like Obi). Also, oce Voldy (most likely) attempt the AK (which Vader can deflect), Vader will no doubt take away his wand. The only way for your scenario to work is if 1) Voldy is able to fight thru the pain and shoot a bolt before getting KO'd/stunned long enough to be finished off. 2) Vader doesn't take away his wand after getting shot at by it. Possible, but in a 10/10 scenario, I'd say maybe 1 in 10 chance at best.

I will also express my doubts about that the little green blobs he used to destroy the Fang is AK as Harry was blocking similar bolts at the start. I'm not the Potterverse expert but AK is unblockable by Protego isn't it?

I like how we can have a civilized discussion unlike Quan over here, who tries to get aggressive but ends up being stupid.

Yes I can agree that it will stun, however I must ask, what absolutely stops someon from reacting when they use force choke. Ventress was able to talk while she was being forced choked by savage. Dooku could have used force lightning when savage was choking him. What stops someone from reacting when being choked, it does stop the whole body just chokes the neck. The argument that is being brought is that his hand, or suit wouldn't be affected by avada kedavra. Avada kedavra has successfully, vaporized, and broke the through stone objects so the notion that vaders hand will block it is speculatory, as we don't truly know how AK will work against vader. Also why are we just assuming he will use AK. This is where his versatility comes into affect. Now, I have theory, of Voldmelrt uses avada kedavra in the string form and it hits vader(highly doubtful) it will react in a similar fashion to Sidious lightning and basically shorten his circuits, or hit the part of his body that is still organic(his head).

Well, it's green like AK and also looking at the situation voldmeort was trying to kill Harry so he undoubted would most likely be using AK.

Nibedicus
1)not clothing the person. No, it isn't. If you think a magical attack designed to kill is the same as an energy blast then you aren't familiar with magic.

2) play on player.

3) if it's connected to the person he dies as in clothing, etc., if you feel it wouldn't kill him provide proof.

4) do not pirate my wisdom.

1. Robot hand is not clothing. Robot hand is nonliving. Robot hand can block. You need to provide proof that AK can kill thru a blocking item like a robot hand for as long as there is contact between target and item. While all I need to do is provide an instance where AK has been stopped by nonliving matter.

2. /airguitar

3. Proof?

4. What's 10 cents between friends?

EmperorSidious2
Ignore Quan he's an idiot who has no logic.

Genesis-Soldier
Ignore Quan he's an idiot who has no logic.

we all know that

Nibedicus
I like how we can have a civilized discussion unlike Quan over here, who tries to get aggressive but ends up being stupid.

Yes I can agree that it will stun, however I must ask, what absolutely stops someon from reacting when they use force choke. Ventress was able to talk while she was being forced choked by savage. Dooku could have used force lightning when savage was choking him. What stops someone from reacting when being choked, it does stop the whole body just chokes the neck. The argument that is being brought is that his hand, or suit wouldn't be affected by avada kedavra. Avada kedavra has successfully, vaporized, and broke the through stone objects so the notion that vaders hand will block it is speculatory, as we don't truly know how AK will work against vader. Also why are we just assuming he will use AK. This is where his versatility comes into affect. Now, I have theory, of Voldmelrt uses avada kedavra in the string form and it hits vader(highly doubtful) it will react in a similar fashion to Sidious lightning and basically shorten his circuits, or hit the part of his body that is still organic(his head).

Well, it's green like AK and also looking at the situation voldmeort was trying to kill Harry so he undoubted would most likely be using AK.

Well, civilized debate is the best kind, IMO. smile

Sudden unexpected force to one's throat and neck cause ppl to either be paralyzed from the pain or panic all the time. Even seasoned combatants or trained individuals (even seasoned scuba divers for example can die from suddenly losing their air mask if they panic underwater). Stone isn't durasteel (w/c blasters can melt). AK has been stopped by nonliving objects. Vader has tanked blaster shots easily with his robot hand. While I agree this isn't 100% proof. You also need to provide proof that AK can bypass the robot hand. And then it comes down to who can provide the better argument with the proof provided. We are not assuming that he can only use AK, we are asserting that he will no doubt use the spell he uses most of the time. That's a theory (edit. this is in reply to the "stream" AK argument), but it's just that. We need to provide proof that AK has the same effects as lightning vs electronics, else we can just throw around theories all day (like me asserting that Vader can just draw the AK spell into his light saber, which is actually far more likely than the AK shorting out his circuits).

Could have been an unamed acid spell or somesuch. AK really shouldn't be blockable by Protego.

Genesis-Soldier
there is a high chance that the saber can infact block or destroy the AK. as the lightsaber is just energy kept within a field i seriously doubt the energy or Magic of the AK can be conducted down the energy field without being overpowered or destroyed right out.

EmperorSidious2
Well, civilized debate is the best kind, IMO. smile

Sudden unexpected force to one's throat and neck cause ppl to either be paralyzed from the pain or panic all the time. Even seasoned combatants or trained individuals (even seasoned scuba divers for example can die from suddenly losing their air mask if they panic underwater). Stone isn't durasteel (w/c blasters can melt). AK has been stopped by nonliving objects. Vader has tanked blaster shots easily with his robot hand. While I agree this isn't 100% proof. You also need to provide proof that AK can bypass the robot hand. And then it comes down to who can provide the better argument with the proof provided. We are not assuming that he can only use AK, we are asserting that he will no doubt use the spell he uses most of the time. That's a theory (edit. this is in reply to the "stream" AK argument), but it's just that. We need to provide proof that AK has the same effects as lightning vs electronics, else we can just throw around theories all day (like me asserting that Vader can just draw the AK spell into his light saber, which is actually far more likely than the AK shorting out his circuits).

Could have been an unamed acid spell or somesuch. AK really shouldn't be blockable by Protego.

Yes they are my for end. smile

So all of a sudden if I choke someone they can't use any other part of their body to kick me or use their hands to slap me or anything. You can move, why Jedi and SITH don't is beyond me. Like i said I'm trying to give you a basis that AK can break through certain materials. I will tell you this though. A reducto Cham used by Ginny weakest was able to destroy a death eater and then bring down an entire room. Again taking the blasters, I have a strong belief that he used tutaminis, and that I believe magic from HP is a little bit to complicated to understand with this. Yes it is and I was asking for your thoughts on the matter. Well as it reacted in a sort of lighting type fashion, and had lighting like tendrils, and also if it attacks in the stream why wouldn't it go with the current of his circuits and then eventually go to his head, what would stop that.

Well I'm not the director anything. I really do wish I had the answer but I don't. All I know is the only other spell we have seen that is green is avada kedavra, and the circumstances of the situation were avada kedavra worthy.

Nibedicus
Yes they are my for end. smile

So all of a sudden if I choke someone they can't use any other part of their body to kick me or use their hands to slap me or anything. You can move, why Jedi and SITH don't is beyond me. Like i said I'm trying to give you a basis that AK can break through certain materials. I will tell you this though. A reducto Cham used by Ginny weakest was able to destroy a death eater and then bring down an entire room. Again taking the blasters, I have a strong belief that he used tutaminis, and that I believe magic from HP is a little bit to complicated to understand with this. Yes it is and I was asking for your thoughts on the matter. Well as it reacted in a sort of lighting type fashion, and had lighting like tendrils, and also if it attacks in the stream why wouldn't it go with the current of his circuits and then eventually go to his head, what would stop that.

Well I'm not the director anything. I really do wish I had the answer but I don't. All I know is the only other spell we have seen that is green is avada kedavra, and the circumstances of the situation were avada kedavra worthy.

thumb up

Well, it's not a given. Just a likely scenario. If you (or most anyone) are suddenly cut off from oxygen just as you inhale (and, for this scenario it is sudden, unexpected AND from an unknown source), your body's natural reaction would be to try to draw breath and to remove the natural source of the blockage from your throat (hence why ppl grasp at their throat when they get choked by something). You would have to be be 1) expecting it 2) know where it's coming from in order to react in a properly or at least be given a few seconds to react properly outside this natural reaction (such as suddenly shooting at someone when you are suddenly gasping for air). Else you are likely to panic (natural body reaction) or even pass out before you can do anything about it. This is why a lot of ppl who can swim drown. They get panicked and swallow water, etc. Also, seconds that Vader can use to his advantage. One can even argue that it is also likely that Voldy drop his wand when suddenly faced with a choke (not likely, but possible).

Reductor IS used to blast inanimate objects/obstacles to pieces, so that would explain Ginny destroying a room with it. But I don't remember the Death Eater getting destroyed. Vids please? I'm not really sure you can use force absorb with a robot hand as it is not part of your body....

Streaming-type animation isn't sufficient to equate AK to lightning-like behavior. And certainly not enough to assert that it would short out his circuitry the way lightning would. Again, there is little/no proof of this.

Again, it lacked a very important quality that would have made it AK. Could have been an acid splash spell or somesuch.

EmperorSidious2
thumb up

Well, it's not a given. Just a likely scenario. If you (or most anyone) are suddenly cut off from oxygen just as you inhale (and, for this scenario it is sudden, unexpected AND from an unknown source), your body's natural reaction would be to try to draw breath and to remove the natural source of the blockage from your throat (hence why ppl grasp at their throat when they get choked by something). You would have to be be 1) expecting it 2) know where it's coming from in order to react in a properly or at least be given a few seconds to react properly outside this natural reaction (such as suddenly shooting at someone when you are suddenly gasping for air). Else you are likely to panic (natural body reaction) or even pass out before you can do anything about it. This is why a lot of ppl who can swim drown. They get panicked and swallow water, etc. Also, seconds that Vader can use to his advantage. One can even argue that it is also likely that Voldy drop his wand when suddenly faced with a choke (not likely, but possible).

Reductor IS used to blast inanimate objects/obstacles to pieces, so that would explain Ginny destroying a room with it. But I don't remember the Death Eater getting destroyed. Vids please? I'm not really sure you can use force absorb with a robot hand as it is not part of your body....

Streaming-type animation isn't sufficient to equate AK to lightning-like behavior. And certainly not enough to assert that it would short out his circuitry the way lightning would. Again, there is little/no proof of this.

Again, it lacked a very important quality that would have made it AK. Could have been an acid splash spell or somesuch.

Well I understand, however ventress was able to talk while she was being choked by savage. So yes I know understand your position however choke doesn't keep your hands still so with that voldemort could still use his variety of spells to attack vader. Well the body's normal reaction if under siege is to grasp tightly to something in this case Voldmelrts wand. Only when the life is out of you then do you release your grasp.

https://youtu.be/LkAF6lT_tyc 9:19

Understandable

That quality is exactly? It's green, and it fits the circumstances.

quanchi112
1. Robot hand is not clothing. Robot hand is nonliving. Robot hand can block. You need to provide proof that AK can kill thru a blocking item like a robot hand for as long as there is contact between target and item. While all I need to do is provide an instance where AK has been stopped by nonliving matter.

2. /airguitar

3. Proof?

4. What's 10 cents between friends? It is a Nonliving thing attached to the human. Same principle. If you want to prove why it's different then do so. Clothes aren't living either. Not attached to the being is the key point.

2.otay

3. You conceded the reflexes now you want to argue ? Which is it ?

4. My bestseller is priceless.

Nibedicus
It is a Nonliving thing attached to the human. Same principle. If you want to prove why it's different then do so. Clothes aren't living either. Not attached to the being is the key point.

2.otay

3. You conceded the reflexes now you want to argue ? Which is it ?

4. My bestseller is priceless.

1. Sooo, you want me to provide proof why robot hands and clothing are different? Clothing does not stop AK nor does it stop blaster shots. Robot hands stops blaster shots and has the same qualities as items that stop AK (nonliving objects). Proof provided! Yay! That was easy.

2. Opay.

3. Um. No, scroll up. That is not what I was replying to, bro. I can scroll back and repost what the reply was to, if you need me to, but it'll cost you 10 cents! Fair enough?

4. Reply pending negotiation over services to be provided.

Surtur
Blaster Bolts aren't slow, they're as fast as the AK and are as fast as bullets. Look up tracer rounds, they are as fast as the Blaster Bolts we see in the films. Blaster Bolts have also shown to cross extremely large distances like in Attack of the Clones. So Vader's reaction speed is faster than Voldemort's, meaning he could apply a force attack on Voldy before Voldy does anything.

Blaster bolts aren't as fast as you are making them out to be. Not to the point where if you block one you are automatically faster then someone. We didn't even see Vader EVER block multiple shots fired, just a single one. I can totally lift my hand up too in time to get hit by the bolt.

Also I don't see how Vader could deflect the AK. It can't be deflected, there was no magic to stop it, and they have various magical shields, etc. So why would a lightsaber deflect it? That makes no sense.

The Merchant
What do you mean? If you play the scene where Han Solo shoots at Vader frame by frame you get the bolts going at 22 mph. In Attack of the Clones we see Blaster Bolts travel the diameter of the core ships which are about 690 meters in diameter in 20 centiseconds which is 7717.4302 mph. Vader blocked 5 bolts btw not just one.

A Lightsaber could deflect it, the AK gets stopped by normal Rock and its destructive properties were much lower than a Blaster Bolt. Why wouldn't it make sense for it to be deflected? It's essentially energy, magical energy but energy nonetheless.

Nibedicus
Well I understand, however ventress was able to talk while she was being choked by savage. So yes I know understand your position however choke doesn't keep your hands still so with that voldemort could still use his variety of spells to attack vader. Well the body's normal reaction if under siege is to grasp tightly to something in this case Voldmelrts wand. Only when the life is out of you then do you release your grasp.

https://youtu.be/LkAF6lT_tyc 9:19

Understandable

That quality is exactly? It's green, and it fits the circumstances.

There are levels of force choke, of course. The one Savage did looked like it wasn't strong or tight enough to cut off her breathing completely. Notice how they clutched at their throats tho? Basic natural response to choking.

I strongly disagree. While "bracing" (for lack of a better word... or the grasping tightly as you say) is done when one is trying to struggle thru pain, when one is choking/being choked, the basic natural body response is ALWAYS to try to remove the source of the choking the way the body recognizes it (not the mind). Thus grasping at one's throat is the most probable first response. Most will drop what they are holding to do this, not clutch it harder. Not saying this is the only likely response from Voldy. I would say at best a 1 in 10 chance at best given due to his willpower/experience/training. But it is still possible and chalks up an easy win on the side of Vader.

EmperorSidious2
There are levels of force choke, of course. The one Savage did looked like it wasn't strong or tight enough to cut off her breathing completely. Notice how they clutched at their throats tho? Basic natural response to choking.

I strongly disagree. While "bracing" (for lack of a better word... or the grasping tightly as you say) is done when one is trying to struggle thru pain, when one is choking/being choked, the basic natural body response is ALWAYS to try to remove the source of the choking the way the body recognizes it (not the mind). Thus grasping at one's throat is the most probable first response. Most will drop what they are holding to do this, not clutch it harder. Not saying this is the only likely response from Voldy. I would say at best a 1 in 10 chance at best given due to his willpower/experience/training. But it is still possible and chalks up an easy win on the side of Vader.

While that is true vader has used choke on others and it didn't kill instantly, it left time for if it were in this battle he voldemort could use AK and if that didn't work he could use a transfiguration spell.

Yes you will try and remove the source of strangulation. If the body is under attack it will most likely tense up this,bracing the object in their hands and also this is Voldmelrts wand something he knows he needs so he isn't going to just drop it by himself, you have to take it form him. I'd give the winner of this battle a 5-6/10 win.

RJ 2.0
Blaster Bolts aren't slow, they're as fast as the AK and are as fast as bullets. Look up tracer rounds, they are as fast as the Blaster Bolts we see in the films. Blaster Bolts have also shown to cross extremely large distances like in Attack of the Clones. So Vader's reaction speed is faster than Voldemort's, meaning he could apply a force attack on Voldy before Voldy does anything. Win.

Nibedicus
While that is true vader has used choke on others and it didn't kill instantly, it left time for if it were in this battle he voldemort could use AK and if that didn't work he could use a transfiguration spell.

Yes you will try and remove the source of strangulation. If the body is under attack it will most likely tense up this,bracing the object in their hands and also this is Voldmelrts wand something he knows he needs so he isn't going to just drop it by himself, you have to take it form him. I'd give the winner of this battle a 5-6/10 win.

It doesn't kill instantly, it stuns you or forces you into a vulnerable position.

Even if Voldy gets lucky enough to keep his wits about him, Vader can just pull the wand away the second he fumbles around (likely reaction when you're being chokes suddenly) as he struggles to aim it and even if he manages to get a shot out, he won't have time for both. The second Voldy fires an AK and it misses/gets deflected, Vader crushes his neck or simply walks over and stabs him (they are 10 feet apart man) or simply force pull to takes away his wand.

Too many obstacles for Voldy to overcome to give him a win here.

EmperorSidious2
It doesn't kill instantly, it stuns you or forces you into a vulnerable position.

Even if Voldy gets lucky enough to keep his wits about him, Vader can just pull the wand away the second he fumbles around (likely reaction when you're being chokes suddenly) as he struggles to aim it and even if he manages to get a shot out, he won't have time for both. The second Voldy fires an AK and it misses/gets deflected, Vader crushes his neck or simply walks over and stabs him (they are 10 feet apart man) or simply force pull to takes away his wand.

Too many obstacles for Voldy to overcome to give him a win here.

Again doesn't remove your hands especially when Voldmelrt isn't out yet and kill still shoot some spells at Voldmelrt.

What if it's the AK used in Deathly Hallows or the (acid spell that you think it could be) and vader block it with his hand or any other destructive spell, and vader attempts to block it with his hands that hand is gone and thus his concentration giving Voldmelrt time to recover and possibly shoot out an AK and seeing that it doesn't work a transfiguration or a dark spell.

Nibedicus
Again doesn't remove your hands especially when Voldmelrt isn't out yet and kill still shoot some spells at Voldmelrt.

What if it's the AK used in Deathly Hallows or the (acid spell that you think it could be) and vader block it with his hand or any other destructive spell, and vader attempts to block it with his hands that hand is gone and thus his concentration giving Voldmelrt time to recover and possibly shoot out an AK and seeing that it doesn't work a transfiguration or a dark spell.

And again, your entire argument is based on assuming that Voldy reacts the best possible way ignoring the fact that force chokes have rendered even seasoned combatants (who are trained to expect it somewhat) helpless. While this is indeed possible it is not likely. In a in-10 scenario, I wouldn't give this past a 1 in 10.

1) Vader can take away his wand even before he can fire his first shot. Not a 100% possibility, but a bit more likely than Voldy getting off a shot while choking 2) Voldy can drop his wand from the sheer shock of the choke (not likely but I would give it equal chances as Voldy getting off a shot, around a 1 in 10) 3) Voldy can pass out before he can even fire off a shot (also a 1 in 10 IMO). 4) In the unlikely scenario that Voldy DOES get to fire off a shot, you would need to provide evidence that the AK FAR exceeds what a blaster can do in terms of destructive force. Not match. FAR exceed. As Vader's robot hand nonchalantly deflected multiple shots.

This is what Han's blaster is capable of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8hwysZFd4

Watch 0:11 to 0:44

Surtur
What do you mean? If you play the scene where Han Solo shoots at Vader frame by frame you get the bolts going at 22 mph. In Attack of the Clones we see Blaster Bolts travel the diameter of the core ships which are about 690 meters in diameter in 20 centiseconds which is 7717.4302 mph. Vader blocked 5 bolts btw not just one.

A Lightsaber could deflect it, the AK gets stopped by normal Rock and its destructive properties were much lower than a Blaster Bolt. Why wouldn't it make sense for it to be deflected? It's essentially energy, magical energy but energy nonetheless.

Destructive properties much lower then a blaster bolt? A single AK was damaging solid stone walls. You are telling me you think a SINGLE blaster shot would do that?

EmperorSidious2
And again, your entire argument is based on assuming that Voldy reacts the best possible way ignoring the fact that force chokes have rendered even seasoned combatants (who are trained to expect it somewhat) helpless. While this is indeed possible it is not likely. In a in-10 scenario, I wouldn't give this past a 1 in 10.

1) Vader can take away his wand even before he can fire his first shot. Not a 100% possibility, but a bit more likely than Voldy getting off a shot while choking 2) Voldy can drop his wand from the sheer shock of the choke (not likely but I would give it equal chances as Voldy getting off a shot, around a 1 in 10) 3) Voldy can pass out before he can even fire off a shot (also a 1 in 10 IMO). 4) In the unlikely scenario that Voldy DOES get to fire off a shot, you would need to provide evidence that the AK FAR exceeds what a blaster can do in terms of destructive force. Not match. FAR exceed. As Vader's robot hand nonchalantly deflected multiple shots.

This is what Han's blaster is capable of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8hwysZFd4

Watch 0:11 to 0:44

Again, if you choke me by yourself, that doesn't mean my hands or feet are frozen. I still have four free limbs that i can either kick you slap/punch you or pull a weapon on you to make you go away which is this case here. Voldmelrt gets choked and then Voldmelrt can just shoot out a spell at Voldmelrt. I suggest you watch Darth vader vs Lord voldemort, however there are a few things in that video I'm not sure about but there it is. There Voldmelrt is also being choked but breaks free. So yes it's more than a 1/10 chance of him breaking free.

1. Yes he can before he even fires a shot but what's the point at that time for vader. He doesn't understand Voldmelrts wand. The same can easily be said that if vader pulls out lightsaber he could easily disarm him of it or better yet destroy it.

2. Ok I also doubt he would drop his wand as from my knowledge I cant remember if anyone else dropped their lightsaber or anything from the shock of a force choke.

3. Yes I would believe it is a 1/10 chance as well. However to most of these I must interject that this is also Voldmelrts versatility meaning he has more than just the unforgivable curses, as well as all of the dark arts and almost every other spell as well also he could also use some of those spells as distractions. He can also break through some pretty solid stone, I believe that when wizards use spells they use it according to their specific needs as well as their level of powers. For instance hermione has used similar spells on different objects. She used bombarda in prisoner of azkaban to break stone if not iron bars and then when she uses a. Similar spell in deathly Hallows she breaks an iron or steel chain. You see. I believe that spells are tailored to that specific moment by the user at times. This also shows that wizards have accuracy and precision and control as hermione is able to use a spell on a small area with no problem. Also Voldmelrt was able to constantly use avada kedavra on Harry several times always hitting him not once going off track and even just sparadically shooting spells out, not showing any form of aiming.

4. Again vader blocking a blaster IMO has two different answer to it. The first is that his suit was made to resist blaster bolts. The second and more likely is that he used tutaminis to absorb them as tutaminis is used to absorb or redirect lightsbaers, lightning, and blaster bolts. While that is impressive I don't believe he could do the same with magic as say he used reducto. The spell is meant to destroy on touch so I'm not sure how his tutaminis would help with that spell. Like wise if voldmeort used avada kedavra in blast form I'm not sure how yoda could handle that with tutaminis.

Nibedicus
Again, if you choke me by yourself, that doesn't mean my hands or feet are frozen. I still have four free limbs that i can either kick you slap/punch you or pull a weapon on you to make you go away which is this case here. Voldmelrt gets choked and then Voldmelrt can just shoot out a spell at Voldmelrt. I suggest you watch Darth vader vs Lord voldemort, however there are a few things in that video I'm not sure about but there it is. There Voldmelrt is also being choked but breaks free. So yes it's more than a 1/10 chance of him breaking free.

1. Yes he can before he even fires a shot but what's the point at that time for vader. He doesn't understand Voldmelrts wand. The same can easily be said that if vader pulls out lightsaber he could easily disarm him of it or better yet destroy it.

2. Ok I also doubt he would drop his wand as from my knowledge I cant remember if anyone else dropped their lightsaber or anything from the shock of a force choke.

3. Yes I would believe it is a 1/10 chance as well. However to most of these I must interject that this is also Voldmelrts versatility meaning he has more than just the unforgivable curses, as well as all of the dark arts and almost every other spell as well also he could also use some of those spells as distractions. He can also break through some pretty solid stone, I believe that when wizards use spells they use it according to their specific needs as well as their level of powers. For instance hermione has used similar spells on different objects. She used bombarda in prisoner of azkaban to break stone if not iron bars and then when she uses a. Similar spell in deathly Hallows she breaks an iron or steel chain. You see. I believe that spells are tailored to that specific moment by the user at times. This also shows that wizards have accuracy and precision and control as hermione is able to use a spell on a small area with no problem. Also Voldmelrt was able to constantly use avada kedavra on Harry several times always hitting him not once going off track and even just sparadically shooting spells out, not showing any form of aiming.

4. Again vader blocking a blaster IMO has two different answer to it. The first is that his suit was made to resist blaster bolts. The second and more likely is that he used tutaminis to absorb them as tutaminis is used to absorb or redirect lightsbaers, lightning, and blaster bolts. While that is impressive I don't believe he could do the same with magic as say he used reducto. The spell is meant to destroy on touch so I'm not sure how his tutaminis would help with that spell. Like wise if voldmeort used avada kedavra in blast form I'm not sure how yoda could handle that with tutaminis.

1. If someone is lifting an unknown object and is starting to aim it at you, you'd be stupid not to take it away if you can. Common sense man.

2. I don't need to prove that ppl drop lightsabers in order to prove that ppl being choked drop objects they are holding onto (even when being tossed after a force choke, Obi still held onto his saber til he got KO'd. This only proves how difficult it is to disarm a jedi, it does not prove that ppl don't drop things when being choked). Again, common sense. This is like me asking for proof of Voldy being able to cast a spell while being choked. None exist but common sense argument would point that there is a chance of such happening.

3. Versatility is meaningless if you don't get to use it. First you need to argue a scenario wherein he would have both the time and inclination to use his versatility before even arguing about it.

4. You will need to prove that he was using force absorb. You will also need to prove that force absorb can be used THROUGH a machine prosthesis, as he was not actually using his hand at the time. You have a theory, no proof. Til then, the robot hand absorbed the impact of the blaster shots.

EmperorSidious2
1. If someone is lifting an unknown object and is starting to aim it at you, you'd be stupid not to take it away if you can. Common sense man.

2. I don't need to prove that ppl drop lightsabers in order to prove that ppl being choked drop objects they are holding onto (even when being tossed after a force choke, Obi still held onto his saber til he got KO'd. This only proves how difficult it is to disarm a jedi, it does not prove that ppl don't drop things when being choked). Again, common sense. This is like me asking for proof of Voldy being able to cast a spell while being choked. None exist but common sense argument would point that there is a chance of such happening.

3. Versatility is meaningless if you don't get to use it. First you need to argue a scenario wherein he would have both the time and inclination to use his versatility before even arguing about it.

4. You will need to prove that he was using force absorb. You will also need to prove that force absorb can be used THROUGH a machine prosthesis, as he was not actually using his hand at the time. You have a theory, no proof. Til then, the robot hand absorbed the impact of the blaster shots.

1. Not my point. My point is Voldmelrt can still react.

2. Exactly so with that Voldmelrt would still be in possession of his wand. Yes vader could choke him but Voldmelrt would keep his wand in his hands. Common sense how again, I know vader can choke Voldmelrt however that doesn't render him helpless its suprised no Jedi ever used the other hand to use the force or anything else because when Dooku choked kenobi in ROTS wasn't one hand still free? So common sense would say why didn't kenobi use a force push to at least stagger Dooku and break his concentration. Yes there is a chance but like you said a very low chance as their is no showing of any Jedi, SITH, or regular being from Star Wars dropping that object because they are being choked and then it's a special object like a lightsaber/wand. Also we should get Quan some common sense lessons because he lacks common sense to a level that I can't even fathom.

3. And with that versatility there are plent for instance they meet and first spell he shoots shrinks vader. Now Voldmelrts reflexes are actually tuned for a person of his age and physical condition. He is not a slow old man, however I would say vaders reflexes would be better, but Voldmelrt isn't slow. Also per the movie, vader doesn't have any real speed feats to say that he has superhuman speed. Neither does Voldmelrt but we see what he can do.

4. The only other answer would be that his suit is made to where it blocks blaster bolts. Both seem likely, however tutaminis wouldn't be to far fetched what so ever. As per the wookipedia for tutaminis under appearances it says it was first seen in Empire strikes back the movie. So with that tutaminis was most likely what was used.

Lord Lucien
Movie Vader sucks at combat. One wordless flick of his hand and Voldemort wins.

Surtur
Win.

You just called a post saying blaster bolts are as fast as bullets "win". Yet it was posted today and today is not opposite day.

Nibedicus
1. Not my point. My point is Voldmelrt can still react.

2. Exactly so with that Voldmelrt would still be in possession of his wand. Yes vader could choke him but Voldmelrt would keep his wand in his hands. Common sense how again, I know vader can choke Voldmelrt however that doesn't render him helpless its suprised no Jedi ever used the other hand to use the force or anything else because when Dooku choked kenobi in ROTS wasn't one hand still free? So common sense would say why didn't kenobi use a force push to at least stagger Dooku and break his concentration. Yes there is a chance but like you said a very low chance as their is no showing of any Jedi, SITH, or regular being from Star Wars dropping that object because they are being choked and then it's a special object like a lightsaber/wand. Also we should get Quan some common sense lessons because he lacks common sense to a level that I can't even fathom.

3. And with that versatility there are plent for instance they meet and first spell he shoots shrinks vader. Now Voldmelrts reflexes are actually tuned for a person of his age and physical condition. He is not a slow old man, however I would say vaders reflexes would be better, but Voldmelrt isn't slow. Also per the movie, vader doesn't have any real speed feats to say that he has superhuman speed. Neither does Voldmelrt but we see what he can do.

4. The only other answer would be that his suit is made to where it blocks blaster bolts. Both seem likely, however tutaminis wouldn't be to far fetched what so ever. As per the wookipedia for tutaminis under appearances it says it was first seen in Empire strikes back the movie. So with that tutaminis was most likely what was used.

1. Never said he couldn't. Just said the chances are not good.

2. Thats.... not common sense at all. That's scripting the battle and ignoring basic human bodily response. It's like saying "hey I still have both my hands free after getting splashed by boiling hot water in the face, I can still fight!". Well, yeah, possible. Not likely, tho. There are no showings of Jedi dropping their sabers as it seems extremely hard for them to do so (kenobi example). An example of ppl dropping their weapons when force choked:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg (0:35). Seriously, are you really saying that ppl in the real world won't tend to drop what they're holding when they're suddenly choking?

3. No. Characters fight in-character here. First go-to spell would always be the spell he uses the most. AK is the most likely spell he would use off the bat. There is a chance he would use other spells, yes. But the chances are slim based on what he has been known to do. Versatility comes into play when primary options are being exhausted. We cannot argue that he suddenly uses all his versatility off-the-bat. Just doesn't work that way.

4. Or that it is durable enough to withstand powerful attacks? You have no proof of any of these theories. Wookipedia, as you know, is like Wiki and is not proof. If you plan to use it, you need to be mindful of the source material. And while it is a reasonable assumption to say that it was force absorb, it is, however not evidence if they simply based it on the fact that "well Vader used his hands to block blaster bolts". And while I'm sure you want to, you just cannot use unsubstantiated theories in a debate.

Also, where has it been shown that Tutaminis can be done via a robot hand or cybernetic prosthesis (as this is not really a part of the Jedi's body)?

EmperorSidious2
1. Never said he couldn't. Just said the chances are not good.

2. Thats.... not common sense at all. That's scripting the battle and ignoring basic human bodily response. It's like saying "hey I still have both my hands free after getting splashed by boiling hot water in the face, I can still fight!". Well, yeah, possible. Not likely, tho. There are no showings of Jedi dropping their sabers as it seems extremely hard for them to do so (kenobi example). An example of ppl dropping their weapons when force choked:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg (0:35). Seriously, are you really saying that ppl in the real world won't tend to drop what they're holding when they're suddenly choking?

3. No. Characters fight in-character here. First go-to spell would always be the spell he uses the most. AK is the most likely spell he would use off the bat. There is a chance he would use other spells, yes. But the chances are slim based on what he has been known to do. Versatility comes into play when primary options are being exhausted. We cannot argue that he suddenly uses all his versatility off-the-bat. Just doesn't work that way.

4. Or that it is durable enough to withstand powerful attacks? You have no proof of any of these theories. Wookipedia, as you know, is like Wiki and is not proof. If you plan to use it, you need to be mindful of the source material. And while it is a reasonable assumption to say that it was force absorb, it is, however not evidence if they simply based it on the fact that "well Vader used his hands to block blaster bolts". And while I'm sure you want to, you just cannot use unsubstantiated theories in a debate.

Also, where has it been shown that Tutaminis can be done via a robot hand or cybernetic prosthesis (as this is not really a part of the Jedi's body)?

1. Ok I respect your views.

2. That's all I'm trying to get you to see is its possible. Like if your boxing and you get beat to a pulp yet boxers still get in and fight. So yes you can very well still go on. I have a friend who got boiled water on a part of him and he was still able to function just fine. Double standards much. Jedi don't drop their weapons with kenobi describing that it is part of your or an extinction of the force or however he describes but a wizard to you has a good chance of dropping it when their wand has blue to them. "The wand chooses the wizard" this forming an essential bond. That video you posted could have very well been Sidious disarming them as how in the very next scene he chokes two guards and they keep their weapons, so debunked.

3. I'm just saying, what if he does then what does vader have. If that's the case than vader is going to take out his saber and lash out and being 10 feet apart that gives Voldmelrt plenty of time to just apparate or disarm him of his weapon as vader has no speed feats to suggest he could cover that in enough time to get Voldmelrt before he is disarmed of his lightsaber and seeing as how fast Voldmelrt can be I don't see his suit or anything else blocking his versatility.

4. Didn't I just tell you that it's said. It said it appeared in the movie where vader blocks Hans blasters. Why doesn't that seem plausible to you why do you have a problem accepting this. The circumstances definitely called for it and while it's possible that his armor just is that durable, tutaminis is just as likely valuable. With that why is able to use force choke then if it needs a jedis hands.

Nibedicus
1. Ok I respect your views.

2. That's all I'm trying to get you to see is its possible. Like if your boxing and you get beat to a pulp yet boxers still get in and fight. So yes you can very well still go on. I have a friend who got boiled water on a part of him and he was still able to function just fine. Double standards much. Jedi don't drop their weapons with kenobi describing that it is part of your or an extinction of the force or however he describes but a wizard to you has a good chance of dropping it when their wand has blue to them. "The wand chooses the wizard" this forming an essential bond. That video you posted could have very well been Sidious disarming them as how in the very next scene he chokes two guards and they keep their weapons, so debunked.

3. I'm just saying, what if he does then what does vader have. If that's the case than vader is going to take out his saber and lash out and being 10 feet apart that gives Voldmelrt plenty of time to just apparate or disarm him of his weapon as vader has no speed feats to suggest he could cover that in enough time to get Voldmelrt before he is disarmed of his lightsaber and seeing as how fast Voldmelrt can be I don't see his suit or anything else blocking his versatility.

4. Didn't I just tell you that it's said. It said it appeared in the movie where vader blocks Hans blasters. Why doesn't that seem plausible to you why do you have a problem accepting this. The circumstances definitely called for it and while it's possible that his armor just is that durable, tutaminis is just as likely valuable. With that why is able to use force choke then if it needs a jedis hands.

Was gonna reply, but RL stuff interfering too much. Will get back to you in a day or two. smile

Stigma
Voldemort gets Force choked. Vader wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stigma
Voldemort gets Force choked. Vader wins. Nah, he can easily counter tk. One death spell and bye bye Vader. Voldemort for the easy win.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>