Lobo vs. Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
1. Pre reboot
2. DCnU

Who wins?

quanchi112
BB wins.

Stoic
1. Lobo
2. ?

Invisible Sanji
1. BB against tamer versions of Lobo. Looney Toons Lobo would be crush.

2. BB...I think...

Stoic
Originally posted by Invisible Sanji
1. BB against tamer versions of Lobo. Looney Toons Lobo would be crush.

2. BB...I think...

The OP specifically asks for Pre Nu52 Lobo in one hand, and in the other asks for the current version.

1. At his best non looney toon form, Lobo would kick BB's face in. His damage soak was beyond belief. He was not only able to kick Superman's face in in their first meeting, but he was also able to operate normally after being filled with 1000's of depleted uranium bullets. How does BB put a guy down that is capable of taking that type of abuse?

2. If you're guessing, why comment?

Blue Area Vet
Lobo is literally a joke.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Lobo is literally a joke. thumb up

Stoic

What does his personality have to do with anything? I read that certain parts of Marvel vs DC were actually canon for both companies. The ones that were fan voted obviously weren't, but the punch from Thanos that he got back up from was apparently canon. I don't want to chase after cross overs, because of forum rules and all, but it doesn't take away from what was written about certain events in the opinions of marvel and DC comics.

tkitna
Originally posted by Stoic
How does BB put a guy down that is capable of taking that type of abuse?

Matter manipulation. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/confused.gif

A BB scream is probably much more effective then 1000 uranium bullets too. Just saying.

Star428
Lobo would probably kill him.

Stoic
Originally posted by tkitna
Matter manipulation. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/confused.gif

A BB scream is probably much more effective then 1000 uranium bullets too. Just saying.

Lobo has actually taken a crap load of damage, and the bullets were just my way of showing that wounds that would typically kill most characters have little no effect on him.

carver9

thumb up

Invisible Sanji
The OP specifically asks for Pre Nu52 Lobo in one hand, and in the other asks for the current version.

1. At his best non looney toon form, Lobo would kick BB's face in. His damage soak was beyond belief. He was not only able to kick Superman's face in in their first meeting, but he was also able to operate normally after being filled with 1000's of depleted uranium bullets. How does BB put a guy down that is capable of taking that type of abuse?

2. If you're guessing, why comment?

1. Agreed that w/ certain portrayals, Lobo is unstoppable. Even if just using an earlier, pre-Dox L.E.G.I.O.N. version, he'd just multiply into an unstoppable army. Considering the Lobo from the first mini-series, the character was said to be a genius that could develop a bio-weapon that destroyed his own race of geniuses. In other versions he's fought as a skeleton, farted a nuke, took on the Authority solo (which wasn't even a new Lobo thing to do as the JLI couldn't handle him), etc...However, Pre Nu52 had widely differing portrayals, even by the same writers. Even, tamer-than-Loony-Toons version would give BB trouble as most incarnations could give Captain Marvel and Guy Gardner a ton of trouble, and BB would rely on his end-game powers to win. Loony Toons Lobo would just tank that and make BB pay. So that's my stance. Top-end Lobo wins of course. Average Lobo has advantages, but given BB's respectable nature, I'd say he still pulls off the victory.

2. Well, just glanced over the new stuff. Maybe I'll read it for a more informed comment. However, nuLobo doesn't look as crazy-powerful as the older version. Still looks pretty cool though.

Stoic
Originally posted by Invisible Sanji
1. Agreed that w/ certain portrayals, Lobo is unstoppable. Even if just using an earlier, pre-Dox L.E.G.I.O.N. version, he'd just multiply into an unstoppable army. Considering the Lobo from the first mini-series, the character was said to be a genius that could develop a bio-weapon that destroyed his own race of geniuses. In other versions he's fought as a skeleton, farted a nuke, took on the Authority solo (which wasn't even a new Lobo thing to do as the JLI couldn't handle him), etc...However, Pre Nu52 had widely differing portrayals, even by the same writers. Even, tamer-than-Loony-Toons version would give BB trouble as most incarnations could give Captain Marvel and Guy Gardner a ton of trouble, and BB would rely on his end-game powers to win. Loony Toons Lobo would just tank that and make BB pay. So that's my stance. Top-end Lobo wins of course. Average Lobo has advantages, but given BB's respectable nature, I'd say he still pulls off the victory.

2. Well, just glanced over the new stuff. Maybe I'll read it for a more informed comment. However, nuLobo doesn't look as crazy-powerful as the older version. Still looks pretty cool though.

That's a much better reply. I agree that in certain instances BB would be too much for Lobo, but that would not be an average Lobo. An average Lobo get's in the face of guys on Captain Marvel's level, and holds his own. Beats up on the Authority, as you mentioned. There are a lot of people that are pro to the comic company of their choice, and are unable, or simply unwilling to see both sides on coin. To many, any slight on their favorite character results in a tirade that could continue on for weeks.

tkitna
Lobo has actually taken a crap load of damage, and the bullets were just my way of showing that wounds that would typically kill most characters have little no effect on him.

I hear you. I should have said that I think Lobo wins too, but I was just stating some possibilities for BB.

Stoic
Originally posted by tkitna
I hear you. I should have said that I think Lobo wins too, but I was just stating some possibilities for BB.

He can certainly win, but Lobo is the type that would go for the kill from the very start, and do things like attempting to put the hook on his chain through the bottom of BB jaw so that his most powerful weapon could not be used. BB could also win, don't get me wrong, but I would favor Lobo in an up close H2h match. he would turn more than likely try to turn it into a wrestling match mixed with brawling. i think that Lobo is physically superior, while BB is more powerful.

The question here, will BB's voice be able to put Lobo down?

Invisible Sanji
That's a much better reply. I agree that in certain instances BB would be too much for Lobo, but that would not be an average Lobo. An average Lobo get's in the face of guys on Captain Marvel's level, and holds his own. Beats up on the Authority, as you mentioned. There are a lot of people that are pro to the comic company of their choice, and are unable, or simply unwilling to see both sides on coin. To many, any slight on their favorite character results in a tirade that could continue on for weeks.

Meant to say Loony Toons Lobo would crush (not be crushed) in the original post, but somehow effed that up. I still have a hard time placing Lobo, and characters like him such as Etrigan, on an average.

Invisible Sanji
Given that BB's whisper could take down Gladiator, I think it could knock Lobo out. If this were to happen in a comic, I'd say he would use whisper versus voice or scream...something more low-key. When it comes to Lobo, low-key attacks seem to have a better chance, whereas if you nearly disintegrate him, then you're in big trouble.

Horrificus
1. True Lobo ftw.

BB is powerful but a beating from Lobo would b too much for him.

2. Unsure

DarkSaint85
1000 uranium bullets? PAH! Bear in mind, Lobo has come back from just a finger:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Lobo/loboregen12.jpg

Stoic
I still think Lobo takes this in scenario 1.
Nu Lobo was flattened out to fit into the mainstream. He loses.

Estacado
Lobo.
BB.

Delta1938
What has Nu Lobo done?

Horrificus
Never liked BB's power description and abilities. Always seemed vague at best. The "particle" that his brain exudes, seems to b able to do all manner of whackiness.
Apparently, it can literally do ANYTHING.
He also "harnesses electrons" to become shields, solid objects, etc.
Also, the dinnerware on his forehead has been explained as being essential for him to do everything from increasing his strength, to using the Master Blow. So, in essence, he is using tech for a LARGE portion of his fighting toolbox.
...interesting.

And let's not even get into the "matter manipulation" with no explanation.

In short, BB's powers are almost as "toony" as Lobo's, imo.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Delta1938
What has Nu Lobo done?

Got royally owned by everybody with an S on their chest.

Surtur
I actually am not sure Lobo can win either of these fights. He is a weird character, he can come back from a pile of goo. On the other hand we have seen the guy knocked unconscious by physical attacks. Which there is no reason to think BB's voice couldn't do even at low levels.

So unless this is a fight to the absolute death..

"Id"

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Even in 52, in a team book with other more 'serious' characters (i.e no toonforce), he was still doing this:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/Loboregenerate2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Lobo/Loboregenerate3.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by Delta1938
What has Nu Lobo done?

He beat up on some lower ranked Red Lanterns. Not bad, but still not major league.

"Id"
Nu Lobo has some hax tech. His energy neutralizer worked on Sinestro ring, and proceded to give him beating.

Flyattractor
Didn't NuBo kind of get a "Sorta Win' On NuSinestro?

I seem to recall that it was kind of a reverse shits&tricks type win.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Horrificus
Never liked BB's power description and abilities. Always seemed vague at best. The "particle" that his brain exudes, seems to b able to do all manner of whackiness.
Apparently, it can literally do ANYTHING.
He also "harnesses electrons" to become shields, solid objects, etc.
Also, the dinnerware on his forehead has been explained as being essential for him to do everything from increasing his strength, to using the Master Blow. So, in essence, he is using tech for a LARGE portion of his fighting toolbox.
...interesting.

And let's not even get into the "matter manipulation" with no explanation.

In short, BB's powers are almost as "toony" as Lobo's, imo.

Oh yeah, are opposed to Lobos well thought out toon powers.

Tech? Give me a break. By the way, the fork is gone.

Zack M
Lobo.

"Id"
Yup he neutralized his yellow ring. And beat him in h2h.

Surtur
But again Lobo has been KOed with physical force. Are we calling these low showings then?

Or okay I guess he was conscious, but he was defeated and didn't immediately get up after this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/82989/2214884-lobogetsbeat.jpg

How long does Lobo need to be put down for this to be a win if this isn't a fight to the death? Actually wait I thought Lobo was saying "oh momma" outloud but the text bubble is different then his earlier speech.

DarkSaint85
I think that's to denote whispers?

Surtur
But he still seems more or less down and up and doesn't just pop back up. How long does BB need to have him floored for it to be a win?

Plus could BB not technically utterly destroy his entire body with his full voice? He needs some goo or a bit of himself left right? He's not exactly Perfect Cell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.