Ronan vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Ronan gets the gem for this fight.

Setting is in Asgardian palace.

Who wins?

Robtard
From perceived power, it should be Ronan, the gems' powers are universal-level and he made Thanos (who we're assuming will be extremely powerful) into his ***** with a few words. But feat-wise, he beat the crap out of Draxx, tanked an explosion that didn't really damage the area around him much and then lost his hammer/gem via makeshift weapon.

So perceived power: Ronan takes it

Actual feats: Thor

FrothByte
I wonder if Thor can out-dance Ronan.

Utrigita
When did Ronan do anything but threaten Thanos? I don't recall the two of them fighting.

Robtard
Was that directed at me? Cos I didn't say Ronan fought Thanos.

Genesis-Soldier
ronan threatened thanos because thanos wasn't actually there. would have been totaly diffrent if he was.

ronan doesnt have that many feats and is more implied power when you think of it, yes he has the stone which we know is planet destroying and thats the big advantage in power over thor but what about his fighting skill and speed ?

thor has proven to be a big gun and has a decent amount of these two factors

ShadowFyre
Ummmm...with gem, Ronan should be able to win, and I'm basing this entirely on Rocket Racoon saying his weapon could destroy small moons. Aside from that, this should be Thor's fight to lose.

Does anyone else think Ronan looked absolutely badass? I did.

And Utrigita, not trying to speak for someone else but I'm pretty sure Rob is referring to the last exchange of words the two had. I don't know bout make him his ***** but the Titan had a look on his face like "****" whether it was due to losing a stone or actual fear remains to be seen.

Anyway, going by Rockets narrative, even the most diehard of Thor fans would be hard pressed to find a win for Thor. He has the most powerful attacks shown by anyone in the MCU thus far and that power doubled back on itself was roughly nuke level, and that's a long jump from city to small moon busting.

KingD19
I think Thanos was more pissed off that Ronan would dare keep the gem from him than he was scared of anything. Especially considering Avengers 2 when he finally said, "F*ck it, I'll handle getting the gems from now on."

And if Thor could handle Ronan with the Aether, he should be able to handle Ronan.

Newjak
I was going to say technically Thor has already fought someone with an infinity stone. He was able to hold his won fairly well it looked like.

KingD19
And Thor fought someone with a more powerful Infinity Stone.

Reality > Power

Newjak
Originally posted by KingD19
And Thor fought someone with a more powerful Infinity Stone.

Reality > Power I don't know if I would go so far as to classify power hierarchies to the stones.

All we know is that they are all extremely powerful.

KingD19
Originally posted by Newjak
I don't know if I would go so far as to classify power hierarchies to the stones.

All we know is that they are all extremely powerful.

Well that's just common sense. Even going by on screen feats. The Power Stone when wielded by a Celestial destroyed a planet.

Aether wielded by Malekith was going to change the entire universe.

Newjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Well that's just common sense. Even going by on screen feats. The Power Stone when wielded by a Celestial destroyed a planet.

Aether wielded by Malekith was going to change the entire universe. Only because the Convergence would have given him a conduit to focus the power of the reality gem through the universe in one go.

We don't know if the power gem given a similar or the exact same circumstance could do the same thing.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, I wouldn't give the gems power levels because I would think the mind gem would be the "strongest". Because the wielder could just be like " give me your stone" or "kill yourself" and the fights over.

TheVaultDweller
Based on actual onscreen feats, Thor should win. Fact is that Ronan with the Gem could -potentially- have been super badass, but he never got to that point. Plus, as people mentioned, Thor has held his own against someone wielding an infinity stone before.

carver9
Ronan wins this. Also, he tanked that crash landing along with a huge explosion, something that I think Thor would have problems with.

Surtur
You need to realize that not all stones are the same. But on top of that..not all wielders are the same. Even just looking at comics for a second, look at what Champion did when he had just the power gem. Now compare that to what Thanos was doing when he turned off all the gems but the power gem. He used it in a way Champion never had. Why? Superior intellect and will power.

I also don't see how Ronan made Thanos his *****. He simply refused to honor their agreement once he got the gem. Thanos seemed mildly annoyed by this. He's sitting on his pimp throne in space.

Originally posted by carver9
Ronan wins this. Also, he tanked that crash landing along with a huge explosion, something that I think Thor would have problems with.

Considering how panicked Thor was when he was falling towards Earth in that box meant for Hulk..yeah, he'd definitely have problems with it.

Silent Master
Yet, Thor wasn't actually injured by crashing into the Earth, nor was he injured by the Bi-Frost explosion.

Newjak
Originally posted by Surtur
You need to realize that not all stones are the same. But on top of that..not all wielders are the same. Even just looking at comics for a second, look at what Champion did when he had just the power gem. Now compare that to what Thanos was doing when he turned off all the gems but the power gem. He used it in a way Champion never had. Why? Superior intellect and will power.

I also don't see how Ronan made Thanos his *****. He simply refused to honor their agreement once he got the gem. Thanos seemed mildly annoyed by this. He's sitting on his pimp throne in space.

Considering how panicked Thor was when he was falling towards Earth in that box meant for Hulk..yeah, he'd definitely have problems with it. I would be careful using the comics in this scenario as it could be changed for the movies. So we do not know if in the movies different users can wield the gems with different degrees of success.

Also Thor survived worse than that fall to earth. I mean look at AoU when he survived a city sized landmass explosion and the fall back to Earth from that height.

All we know so far is that Thor was able to hold his own against an infinity stone user. While I do not think Thor would have won that fight based on implied power of the stones he certainty was not getting pushed over by the one stone. He could also potentially remove the stone from Ronan's possession. An option that was not present vs his fight with Maliketh.

Surtur
But don't we know it depends on the user? Some people can't even touch them without dying.

Newjak
Originally posted by Surtur
But don't we know it depends on the user? Some people can't even touch them without dying. That doesn't mean one user can use the gem better than another. It just means they can handle the gems power without being destroyed, and currently only one gem has been shown to instantly destroy things(The Power Gem)

While Jane would have died with the Reality Gem's essence in her it was taking much longer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.