Nemesis Kid Vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Nemesis Kid at the height of his powers, PC.

616 surfer current

cdtm
Depends if Surfer's board having a consciousness counts as fighting two people. smile

Or if he could divide in two, that would help. Otherwise, Nemesis Kid should win.

leonidas
interesting actually. nk develops a single power to overcome an opponent. ss has such a wide variety of abilities, i don't believe nk has ever faced anyone so powerful AND versatile. i could easily see ss switching powers too quickly for nk to match and taking him out without much trouble. nk doesn't overwhelm opponents, he wears them down. ss would get on to his schtick in time imo, and almost certainly take him out. at least based on what i know and have seen of nk...

cdtm
Unless his "counter power" is a one upmanship on the Power Cosmic, like he one upped Val's space karate.

leonidas
but val's was just a single power--and matching someone h2h is far and away different from matching someone like ss. most of the losh has a single ability of some sort that can be countered. ss's abilities are far too diverse imo to be countered by a single power though. i'd need proof that nk could alter his abilities quick enough to counter everything ss is able to do before i could possibly give him a win here...

Surtur
He usually adapts a counter to a persons power. Surfers power at its core is power cosmic manipulation. It is possible NK might become immune to the power cosmic itself. But then Surfer could just use the PC on himself to amp himself and win that way.

Also comparing Surfer to Val is somewhat valid. You say Val's is just a single power, but it is a "single power" that allows him to achieve a variety of feats. He uses space karate in different ways, just like Surfer uses the power cosmic in different ways.

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
but val's was just a single power--and matching someone h2h is far and away different from matching someone like ss. most of the losh has a single ability of some sort that can be countered. ss's abilities are far too diverse imo to be countered by a single power though. i'd need proof that nk could alter his abilities quick enough to counter everything ss is able to do before i could possibly give him a win here...

thumb up

Horus1
Nemesis Kid develops the new power of becoming living PIS.

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas

Well, he switched back and forth to counter Val and Princess Projectra's illusions.

But how much does that versatility help him against Thanos, who basically simply beats him down brick style? One good power should be enough, if it's the right power (Say, Parasite level energy absorption/Dr. Doom power jacking should do the trick, with Norrin acting in character.)

cdtm
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Lt7UvMOveug/SD7o1grEdCI/AAAAAAAADKo/VBdRbUcHd48/s1600/Adventure%2B%23372%2B-20-1.jpg

Now, maybe Superboy could have taken him if he didn't stand there like an idiot. But, the Nemesis Power also tailor's itself to the individual, which could mean more then power sets. (Case in point, Val successfully used his flight ring to fly through Nemesis Kid, clearly dazing him. He could have used his flight ring sooner, but was opting for honorable combat.

And Princess Projectra was helpless the first time her powers failed. Until motivated by Val's death to kill him. So, I think a case could be made the only time his power failed, are when a character is acting ooc due to extenuating circumstances.)

Board Walker
So in theory NK could just adapt to the power cosmic.

DarkSaint85
Nemesis Kid could just become Mexican.

beatboks
Originally posted by Horus1
Nemesis Kid develops the new power of becoming living PIS. was it not evident that a character who's only power is to develop the power he needs to defeat the foe he's facing "is" living PIS?

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Lt7UvMOveug/SD7o1grEdCI/AAAAAAAADKo/VBdRbUcHd48/s1600/Adventure%2B%23372%2B-20-1.jpg

Now, maybe Superboy could have taken him if he didn't stand there like an idiot. But, the Nemesis Power also tailor's itself to the individual, which could mean more then power sets. (Case in point, Val successfully used his flight ring to fly through Nemesis Kid, clearly dazing him. He could have used his flight ring sooner, but was opting for honorable combat.

And Princess Projectra was helpless the first time her powers failed. Until motivated by Val's death to kill him. So, I think a case could be made the only time his power failed, are when a character is acting ooc due to extenuating circumstances.)

with val, he became a better martial artist. with superboy, he became stronger. what was keeping superboy from using his heat vision and melting him? could he become a siphon of some sort? maybe. but it wouldn't be instantly, nor would he drain ss instantly.

tbh i've never seen him deal with someone like ss. you seem to think he could adapt to the power cosmic in general, but i won't go that far. being able to see through and illusion, becoming stronger than superboy or a better martial artist than val (who still put up a hella fight....) doesn't equate to that conclusion imo. where do we say that ability ends without further proof? could he adapt to thanos? odin? i'm not willing to go no-limits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.