Inferno (Da Vinci Code Series)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
I am currently re-reading The Lost Symbol and really enjoying it. Makes me yearn for another Robert Langdon film. And sure enough, Inferno is filming as we speak. Glad to see. I was saddened to see that The Lost Symbol was postponed, but I think it will almost undoubtedly be made next. From what I have read, it is basically as I had hoped: They'll probably make The Lost Symbol after Inferno because it is a better story (in my opinion) and will be a much better finale to the series than Inferno would be. I read that they are making Inferno now so that Dan Brown can adjust the screenplay (although I don't think he technically wrote the screenplay for the previous films, did he?) to not reflect National Treasure so much. I've never seen National Treasure (or the sequel), but something tells me that The Lost Symbol is far more intelligent.

I didn't care as much for Inferno, found it a lot more predictable and almost as if Dan Brown had sort of run out of ideas for an interesting story. But I'm still glad to see it's getting made... just so long as The Lost Symbol also gets made, heh...

(previous thread for The Lost Symbol)

Tzeentch
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar134576_32.gif

BruceSkywalker
will be seeing .. i enjoy these novels and forward to seeing the film

Patient_Leech
^ Glad to see SOMEone else here has good taste.

Patient_Leech
Looking forward to this film later this year.

Found some photos from the set, mostly taken by Ron himself it would appear.

http://www.moviefone.com/2015/07/06/inferno-wraps--tom-hanks-dan-brown-felicity-jones-ron-howard-set-photos/

Some other photos here...

http://screenrant.com/inferno-movie-images-tom-hanks-langdon/

http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w680-h477-q90-c680:477/wp-content/uploads/inferno-tom-hank-felicity-jones.jpeg

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/inferno-movie-tom-hanks-irrfan-khan.jpeg

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/inferno-movie-omar-sy.jpeg

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard from "In The Heart of the Sea" thread
I enjoyed the two films already made in the series; why I'm looking forward to the upcoming third. I liked the first (DC) more out of the two.

I dont hear that too often. I think Angels & Demons was somewhat better received by critics. Yeah, so what was it that everyone hated so much about The Davinci Code? I don't get it. I thought it was great, especially after seeing the Director's Cut. Was it just that everyone was too familiar with the book? (I think that has decreased my enjoyment of book-to-film adaptations before. That's actually why I'm opting not to refresh my memory of Inferno before the film comes out.)

Time-Immemorial
Can't wait, love these movies.

Psychotron
So did they just skip The Lost Symbol?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Psychotron
So did they just skip The Lost Symbol?
Read the opening post of the thread.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Read the opening post of the thread.

I don't see how they could make a post-Inferno movie given the ending of the book.

Patient_Leech
They've always tweaked the stories a little bit.

And honestly I think Inferno needs a lot of tweaking. Compared to the others I thought it was weak.

Robtard
I dont hear that too often. I think Angels & Demons was somewhat better received by critics. Yeah, so what was it that everyone hated so much about The Davinci Code? I don't get it. I thought it was great, especially after seeing the Director's Cut. Was it just that everyone was too familiar with the book? (I think that has decreased my enjoyment of book-to-film adaptations before. That's actually why I'm opting not to refresh my memory of Inferno before the film comes out.)

Not read the books, but probably the 'it wasn't as good as the book crowd'. Which is likely true, as they can't cram everything in a 2-2.5 hour film.

Why people should rate movie-based films independently from the book and expect differences; as you're just setting yourself up for disappoint more often than not otherwise.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Not read the books, but probably the 'it wasn't as good as the book crowd'. Which is likely true, as they can't cram everything in a 2-2.5 hour film.

You know what, though? To me, it's at least as good or better than the book because Ron Howard put it together so beautifully. It's been a while since I read the book, though. Yeah there isn't enough time to cover everything for the movie, but to me the direction combined with the score by Hans Zimmer makes it as good as it possibly can be.

I do expect this next one to be the weakest in the series, but I'm sure it'll still be entertaining.

BruceSkywalker
any idea when a trailer should hit?

Robtard
It's out in about six months, so the previews should be airing soon.

Patient_Leech
No idea. But it seems like a teaser of some sort should be released soon, because it's supposed to come out in October.

BruceSkywalker
thanks guys

Surtur
I enjoyed both the first and second film, but the first film has a special place for me. I just like it better, not that I dislike Angles and Demons, but I just enjoyed Da Vinci Code more. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact actors like Ian McKellan and Alfred Molina are in the first film.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
I enjoyed both the first and second film, but the first film has a special place for me. I just like it better, not that I dislike Angles and Demons, but I just enjoyed Da Vinci Code more. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact actors like Ian McKellan and Alfred Molina are in the first film.

Fair enough.

I thoroughly enjoy both for different reasons, but I was in Rome when they were filming Angels & Demons. I saw a film crew (possibly second unit or something) and I love all the Bernini sculptures and architecture there in Rome, so it holds a particular fondness with me. Plus it has such a great urgency, and the Catholic Church is particularly fascinating as is the Illuminati.

Kazenji
xbNBB1D37U8

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
xbNBB1D37U8

Nice find, bro.

It seems like it might be a little weirder and more experimental than the others..

Is it just me or does Tom Hanks look a ton older?

BruceSkywalker
pretty decent teaser...

Nice find, bro.

It seems like it might be a little weirder and more experimental than the others..

Is it just me or does Tom Hanks look a ton older?

I believe that is due to health issues

Patient_Leech
Oh, yeah.. he was diagnosed with diabetes, yes? I seem to remember hearing that. Was there something else? He is 60 years old, though.

Anyway, the movie looks good. I will hopefully be able to resist watching the full trailer, though, when it's released.

BruceSkywalker
Oh, yeah.. he was diagnosed with diabetes, yes? I seem to remember hearing that. Was there something else? He is 60 years old, though.

Anyway, the movie looks good. I will hopefully be able to resist watching the full trailer, though, when it's released.

just diabetes I believe...

yes I agree it does look good...

Patient_Leech
http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/inferno/mv5bmjiwmjuyodexov5bml5banbnxkftztgwmje0ndm4ode-_v1__sx1296_sy1196_.jpg

BruceSkywalker
good one sheet.. I will be seeing

Patient_Leech
Sheet, bro? What do you mean "sheet"?

marwash22
still never seen the first one. didn't seem interesting at all.

BruceSkywalker
Sheet, bro? What do you mean "sheet"?

that's what movie posters are often called "one sheets"

Kazenji
Ron Howard on why he skipped over The Lost Symbol in favor of Inferno

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ron-howard-on-why-he-skipped-over-the-lost-symbol-in-favor-of-inferno-144

Patient_Leech
^ that's about what I've read. I think they are going to rework the script.

Official trailer. I aint watchin'...

RH2BD49sEZI

BruceSkywalker
^ that's about what I've read. I think they are going to rework the script.

Official trailer. I aint watchin'...

RH2BD49sEZI

you lie, you watched big grin

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you lie, you watched big grin
Nope! Gonna spend big moneys on it, so don't wanna ruin the experience!

BruceSkywalker
Nope! Gonna spend big moneys on it, so don't wanna ruin the experience!

it looks really good

Patient_Leech
Good to hear.

I just hope it still has some relevance these days with so much superhero crap taking over.

Hope it doesn't flop and we never get the fourth film.

BruceSkywalker
Good to hear.

I just hope it still has some relevance these days with so much superhero crap taking over.

Hope it doesn't flop and we never get the fourth film.

it will make money, IMO....

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I assume the books are still pretty popular.

BruceSkywalker
i believe so yea, but i do ed to read inferno

HelloLove
Appalling books but brilliant films - a contradiction you rarely see. How any of the book agents approached ever read past page 10 is a mystery, especially since J.K. Rowling got 12 rejections in a row before someone picked up Harry Potter.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by HelloLove
Appalling books but brilliant films - a contradiction you rarely see. How any of the book agents approached ever read past page 10 is a mystery, especially since J.K. Rowling got 12 rejections in a row before someone picked up Harry Potter.
Yeah, you be trollin'.

Patient_Leech
Got my tickets for this. rolling on floor laughing

BruceSkywalker
I'm seeing on friday

Patient_Leech
Same here. Psyched.

Time-Immemorial
Cant waitthumb up

Patient_Leech
I'm actually expecting to like this one the least of the series. But maybe it will surprise me.

BruceSkywalker
I liked this... pleasantly surprising...

Patient_Leech
Yeah, same here. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the visuals in the first act. Very, very cool imagery.

I can see why it got probably the worst reviews of the films so far, though. Some of the twists and turns feel a bit played out at this point. But I still enjoyed it of course. I had forgotten many of the twists from the book, because it had been so long since I read it. But I seem to recall that in the book the plague actually got out, but the twist was that it just made 1/3 or 1/2 (or something) of the population sterile. That was the twist that I saw coming when reading the book. Whereas in the film they completely thwart the plan to release the bio-engineered plague.

Time-Immemorial
Worth seeing or are the critics right?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Worth seeing or are the critics right?

If you like the other two, yes, absolutely it's worth seeing. I don't even necessarily say that he critics are wrong. They are just snobby on their high horse.

Support it so we can get The Lost Symbol. It will be a great finale.

BruceSkywalker
If you like the other two, yes, absolutely it's worth seeing. I don't even necessarily say that he critics are wrong. They are just snobby on their high horse.

Support it so we can get The Lost Symbol. It will be a great finale.

this is doing better overseas i believe so Sony will be happy once the final numbers come in

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, I'm watching it pretty closely. The overseas market is indeed saving it...

Box Office Mojo

...but my concern is that the last book to be adapted to the screen (which is probably my personal favorite) deals more closely with US history and would be set here in the US. Would that be as interesting to the overseas market? I don't know. What do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.