Spider-Women vs. Titania

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Spider-Women beat the Griffin. Can she stop Titania?

Mike82
I say no. She lacks the strength and durability.

zopzop
In a PIS/CISless setting, Titania murders SW.

In a comic fight, Titania loses badly.

StiltmanFTW
Spider-WomEn or Spider-WomAn?

And if the latter, then which one? Jessica or Julia?

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Spider-WomEn or Spider-WomAn?

And if the latter, then which one? Jessica or Julia?
In a forum fight, would it even matter? Skeeter breaks either of them.

In a comic fight, Titania would lose via jobbing.

StiltmanFTW
Kinda matters. Jessica has flight, doesn't she? Poor flight, but coupled with the starting distance and ranged attacks, it's enough to have a significant advantage against Titania. Sure, Titania loves to throw stuff at people, but in a featureless environment there would be no cars/rocks/anything to throw, really.

zopzop
Kinda matters. Jessica has flight, doesn't she? Poor flight, but coupled with the starting distance and ranged attacks, it's enough to have a significant advantage against Titania. Sure, Titania loves to throw stuff at people, but in a featureless environment there would be no cars/rocks/anything to throw, really.
What could Jessica's stings even do to Titania? Cyclops' optic blasts have richochet off of her :
http://i60.tinypic.com/246l4k4.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Cyclops shoots Prforce... it fails against chicks.

haw-som haw-som haw-som

zopzop

haw-som haw-som haw-som
laughing

deathslash

haw-som haw-som haw-som laughing out loud

Golgo13
Titania.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by zopzop
What could Jessica's stings even do to Titania? Cyclops' optic blasts have richochet off of her :
http://i60.tinypic.com/246l4k4.jpg That's pretty impressive. Cyclops dropped Namora with a blast......

zopzop
Originally posted by juggernaut74
That's pretty impressive. Cyclops dropped Namora with a blast......
Scan? That would be a nice feat for Cyclops, seeing as how he failed to KO Namor with a full powered "visor off" optic blast.

juggernaut74
It was in X-Men vs Agents of Atlas. Namora was chasing Storm and Cyke shot her from behind and took her off of Storms trail iirc.

Mike82
It was in X-Men vs Agents of Atlas. Namora was chasing Storm and Cyke shot her from behind and took her off of Storms trail iirc.

Yeah, he blasted her from behind(cheap shot) but I wouldn't say he "dropped her" as you put it.

StiltmanFTW
That's pretty impressive. Cyclops dropped Namora with a blast......

Titania's first appearances in Secret Wars were very impressive, sans the ownage at the hands of Parker.

Mike82
Titania's first appearances in Secret Wars were very impressive, sans the ownage at the hands of Parker.

Yeah, Titania loosing and being freightened of Spiderman was utterly ridiculous. The writers were Mary Sue-ing Spiderman hard.

StiltmanFTW
Ridiculous and yet it kept on happening again and again.

Stoic
I question Spider Woman's ability to actually hurt Titania. Skill only goes so far.

StiltmanFTW
It's important to note that SW (Jessica) is more skilled than Parker, though. And Parker had more than enough in him to hurt Titania.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Mike82
Yeah, he blasted her from behind(cheap shot) but I wouldn't say he "dropped her" as you put it. She was definitely effected by the blast. I don't recall seeing her after that.

BTW you could argue Titania was hit with a cheap shot as well beause she was fighting Nightcrawler and Rouge when Cyke blasted her.

Mike82
She was definitely effected by the blast. I don't recall seeing her after that.

BTW you could argue Titania was hit with a cheap shot as well beause she was fighting Nightcrawler and Rouge when Cyke blasted her.

You don't recall seeing her means you don't recall seeing her. That's it. It doesn't mean she was knocked out. Titania was facing Cyclops when he blasted her Namora was flying away from Cyclops and wasn't expecting an attack.

juggernaut74
You don't recall seeing her means you don't recall seeing her. That's it. It doesn't mean she was knocked out. Titania was facing Cyclops when he blasted her Namora was flying away from Cyclops and wasn't expecting an attack. Then where did Namora go? She was right behind Storm when Cyke waxed her.

I'm not sure Titania was expecting to get hit by Cyclops either.

zopzop
You don't recall seeing her means you don't recall seeing her. That's it. It doesn't mean she was knocked out. Titania was facing Cyclops when he blasted her Namora was flying away from Cyclops and wasn't expecting an attack.
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much into Cyke cheapshotting a flying Namora in the back. At least Titania was braced for Cyclops' attack. Still impressive durability showing on Titania's part though.

Mike82
Originally posted by Stoic
I question Spider Woman's ability to actually hurt Titania. Skill only goes so far.

Well, PIS can help a superhero overcome ANY situation. Everybody knows Peter Parker has low level superhero strength, but there was that one time where Spidey held up the Daily Bugle Building all on his own. Again, PIS. It works well for very popular heroes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much into Cyke cheapshotting a flying Namora in the back. At least Titania was braced for Cyclops' attack. Still impressive durability showing on Titania's part though.

Key word.

juggernaut74
Titania didn't look braced to me though. She was punching Rogue and it looked Cyke shot her in her side when she was swinging. Don't know how you can brace yourself midswing.

StiltmanFTW
Technically you're right, but most of the time, the unspoken rule in comics is simple - you're facing the opponent - you're bracing. Your opponent is striking you from behind - you're 1000x more susceptible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.