Tokyo Ghoul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
Is anybody else reading this? It's pretty decent. It's like a mix of Fate Zero and Death Note with an air of Durarara.

vansonbee
I agree with your assessment of Tokyo Ghoul, it does feel like mix of those shows.

I am a anime watcher only. Currently waiting for the season 2 to be release on BD, because I can't stand censorship.

Sacred 117
BD?

Also, I thought you read the Fairy Tail manga. (You told me how far behind I was.)

vansonbee
Originally posted by Sacred 117
BD?

Also, I thought you read the Fairy Tail manga. (You told me how far behind I was.) I meant only for Tokyo Ghoul.

BD = Bluray disc

NewGuy01
Anyone still reading this?

danteiscool
Yep; up to date with part of the series (Tokyo Ghoul Re). It's a hell of a read; rife with a shit ton of foreshadowing, plot twists and symbolism.

draxx_tOfU
Nimura Furuta <3

danteiscool
Mhm, that guy. He sure gets around now.

NewGuy01
So we're back to a white haired Kaneki. I guess the progression thus far has been:

Black-->White-->Multicolored-->Black-->White

God, this reminds me of Revan. Anyhow, what the hell even happened this chapter? I'm trying to read the panels of the fight, but I can't see what's going on at all. What does OWL even do?

danteiscool
Iirc, following the fight with Tsukiyama, his hair turns blood red due to the blood that seeped into it. It only looks black later due to other reasons before reverting back to white.

Yeah, that's sometimes how it tends to go with fight scenes in the TG series. The OWL was in the compactor and transformed into what we saw in the beginning of the chapter to bust it all up. Then she killed those mooks up on the upper levels.

NewGuy01
By OWL I meant Arima's new Quinque.

Also, Washuu=OEK confirmed tbh.

danteiscool
Ah that. My bad. Hmm, honestly don't know other than that it is pretty OP even when compared to his other weaponry.

Maybe. Ishida (the author) can play mindgames on his audience pretty well so let's wait a while longer.

NewGuy01
Like, it detached, something weird happened, then he said activate, then suddenly Kaneki got stabbed from below, rinse and repeat, and... I don't get it at all lol.

danteiscool
Must have been quite the odd ghoul he got it made from then.

NewGuy01
Just gonna say, yikes.

NewGuy01
Ayyyyyy King Kaneki coming in clutch! If Hinami still dies after this I swear to god...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.