Compassion for a child from Villians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eternalfury
Who would be the most likely to save a child from harm/danger whether it is from a fire, drowning, a power foe, ect.... (also this is a random child that they do not know)

1. Dr Doom

2. Thanos

3. Apocalypse

4. Magneto (the child is not a mutant) Also FYI from my personal
perspective I don't necessarily consider him a villain...just FYI

5. Loki

6. The Leader

7. Abomination

8. the Juggernaut

9. Mr. Sinister

10. The Red Skull

riv6672
1. Dr Doom/Magneto

2. Juggernaut

3. Loki

4.Apocalypse/The Leader/Abomination/Mr. Sinister

10. Thanos/The Red Skull

Flyattractor
1. Dr Doom

2. Thanos

3. Apocalypse

5. Loki

6. The Leader

7. Abomination

8. the Juggernaut

9. Mr. Sinister

10. The Red Skull

Are there any of the guys on this list that "HAVEN'T" gone thru a Good Guy Period?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by riv6672
1. Dr Doom/Magneto

2. Juggernaut

3. Loki

10. Thanos/The Red Skull this seems correct, Magneto & Doom would probably go out of their way to save a child.

Newjak
1. Dr Doom/Magneto

2. Juggernaut

3. Loki

10. Thanos/The Red Skull I think this is a good list although I could see Juggernaut reasonably argued to be tied with Magneto and Doom.

I do think after you get passed those three however there is a drastic cutoff with how much those other ones would go out of their way.

zopzop
Doom, Thanos, Magneto would do their best to save a child.

Leader, Abomination, Juggernaut, and Apocalypse would be indifferent.

Loki, Sinister, and Red Skull would go out of their way to harm children. They'd probably get off on it too.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by zopzop
Doom, Thanos, Magneto would do their best to save a child.

Leader, Abomination, Juggernaut, and Apocalypse would be indifferent.

Loki, Sinister, and Red Skull would go out of their way to harm children. They'd probably get off on it too.

This, except I would change Juggs and Loki, but it really depends on which Loki.

StiltmanFTW
Thanos saving a child? No.

8swords
just Doom, OP said random child, if its latverian then yeah. hes the guy. and isnt magneto good now? not really up to date with xmen, cept when logan died, laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thanos saving a child? No. He saved Gamora.

Horus1
But Thanos slaughtered all of his children, save Thane. At the bottom of the list would probably be a tie between Thanos and Apocolypse.

Flyattractor
This reminds me of that stupid Marvel Villains tour the WTC site after the attack and we got to see Doom CRY!

I larfed at that.

Mindset
Originally posted by Flyattractor
This reminds me of that stupid Marvel Villains tour the WTC site after the attack and we got to see Doom CRY!

I larfed at that. Jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

ShadowFyre
For some reason I see Thanos giving it a chance to live, or getting mad at whoever's trying to kill the child because he doesn't like bullies or cowards

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

But Doom's tears can!

riv6672
Originally posted by 8swords
just Doom, OP said random child, if its latverian then yeah. hes the guy. and isnt magneto good now? not really up to date with xmen, cept when logan died, laughing out loud
Magneto's always had a code of honor. Mutant or human, he wouldnt let a child die.

Golgo13
1. Dr Doom/Magneto

2. Juggernaut

3. Loki

10. Thanos/The Red Skull

This.

Surtur
So all those times Doom tried to destroy all of NYC I guess he just forgot random kids lived there?

Magnon
1. would definitely save the kid:
Dr. Doom
Juggernaut

3. would probably save the kid:
Magneto

4. would likely just not care:
Loki
Leader
Abomination

7. would likely let the kid die:
Thanos ("death = good thing"wink
Apocalypse ("flatscan child; unfit to survive"wink
Mr. Sinister ("ugh, non-Summers DNA... best it be purged from the gene pool"wink
Red Skull ("a single child is useless and meaningless to me"wink

One_Angry_Scot
The Red Skull should be at the bottom for sure. Can't remember if it was 1610 Marvel or 616 but he has this husband and wife hostage and he just chucks a baby out of a window.

krisblaze
Apocalypse could very well save a child if the circumstances for it to be in danger are unreasonable.

riv6672
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The Red Skull should be at the bottom for sure. Can't remember if it was 1610 Marvel or 616 but he has this husband and wife hostage and he just chucks a baby out of a window.
Thats classy.
He and Thanos tie for bottom spot on my list, as they're the biggest butt heads in the OP.

One_Angry_Scot
Thats classy.
He and Thanos tie for bottom spot on my list, as they're the biggest butt heads in the OP.

Can't find the full scan since I don't have my HDD with me but here is a part of it.

http://i.imgur.com/ehrpjQe.jpg

riv6672
Jesus what an ass hat.

Flyattractor
Yeah. That is such a horrible waste....they fry up a treat with some onions and mushrooms.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Can't find the full scan since I don't have my HDD with me but here is a part of it.

http://i.imgur.com/ehrpjQe.jpg

Ultimate Skull was really ruthless. What happened to him anyway?

One_Angry_Scot
Ultimate Skull was really ruthless. What happened to him anyway?

Just got back home.

He got killed by Red Wasp in Ultimate Comics Avengers #6.

http://i.imgur.com/RSjTSSi.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Ahhhh, yes. I remember now. Haven't read, but seen that scene posted here, on kmc.

cdtm
Thanos saving a child? No.

Yeah, this isn't the He Man/She Ra Christmas Special and Skeletor never killed off half the universe just to get in Deaths pants..

cdtm
Juggernaut and Doom are the only ones on the list I can really see going out of their way to save a kid.

Magneto might, on his more heroic days, but he generally sees non mutants as sub humans..

Mindset
Doom would save him and build a little Doom suit for the lad.

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom would save him and build a little Doom suit for the lad.
http://www.familyguysketchcards.com/dossantos/Dos-Santos_78StewieDrDoom.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by Eternalfury
9. Mr. Sinister

You haven't read Cyclops' origin, have you.

basilisk
Originally posted by Magnon
1. would definitely save the kid:
Dr. Doom
Juggernaut

3. would probably save the kid:
Magneto

4. would likely just not care:
Loki
Leader
Abomination

7. would likely let the kid die:
Thanos ("death = good thing"wink
Apocalypse ("flatscan child; unfit to survive"wink
Mr. Sinister ("ugh, non-Summers DNA... best it be purged from the gene pool"wink
Red Skull ("a single child is useless and meaningless to me"wink I agree with most of this. For the top 3 I think most of the time they would try to save the child.

Villain Loki, Leader, Abom - yes they probably don't care. Current Loki would save the child.

Thanos - only way he is saving the child is if he knows that child will be of some use to him in future. For example Gamora.

Sinister and Apoc, likewise. If the child is no use to them they don't care. For Apoc it is survival of the fittest.

Cyclops - if the child is not a mutant he pretends he did not see it.

Red Skull stays and watches. And sips wine and laughs. Even if the child is that of loyal nazis he still lets it die, because no true member of the master race would allow itself to get into the predicament in the first place.

Surtur
So again, Doom flat out murdered a woman he loved for magic armor. Why is he saving a random child? Why didn't his love of children ever stop his trying to destroy NYC? You know when he tried to destroy the city his only regret was he never saw "Cats" not "all the dead kids".

Maybe if Doom was walking down the street holding a cup of water and passed by a kid that was on fire he might dump the water on him, but some have actually implied Doom would do "anything" to save a random child.

I don't know why people even mention Thanos on the list of people who would do this. He saved Gamora so he could use her. That is not saving a child via "compassion". That is called being a super villain.

Even Magneto..it depends on when you pluck him from his time in comics. Not all versions would care. Sometimes his personality was essentially "mutant Hitler" with all the irony that comes with it apparently lost on him.

riv6672
You should make a list, apply that logic to all the chracters. Curious who you'd put on top.

EDIT
You added a couple as i posted. Good stuff. Totally agree on Thanos.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
So again, Doom flat out murdered a woman he loved for magic armor.

I thought it was a general magical upgrade, not just that leather armor?

Anyway... yes, killing the love of your life for a magic boost is... unthinkable. That's actually what that arc was called.

Surtur
It could of been for overall magic, but it's funnier if it is just for armor. Doom also got magically sent back in time and survived for millions of years so his future/past self could of probably said "we don't need this tiny bit of magic" but no, because he didn't fight off megalodons just to turn soft.

Surtur
You should make a list, apply that logic to all the chracters. Curious who you'd put on top.

EDIT
You added a couple as i posted. Good stuff. Totally agree on Thanos.

It's hard to see even the "nicest" of these villains go out of their way to save a random kid.

The Juggernaut might not be as evil as the others, but it's hard to see him go out of his way, because why would he? He's been involved in plots where the end result would of been huge amounts of destruction. Maybe not specifically at his hand, but at the hand of those he has teamed up with in the past.

This is of course why Doom and Magneto showing up to cry over 9/11 was disturbingly hilarious.

Magnon
So again, Doom flat out murdered a woman he loved for magic armor. Why is he saving a random child? Why didn't his love of children ever stop his trying to destroy NYC? You know when he tried to destroy the city his only regret was he never saw "Cats" not "all the dead kids".

Doom does not aspire to killing innocent civilians. However, some moderate collateral damage, say up to a couple of thousand lives, is acceptable to him when fighting his enemies or acquiring more power.

But whenever Doom is not preoccupied by such matters he would certainly save a child in trouble... and expect the loyalty and gratefulness from the kid ever after.

riv6672
It's hard to see even the "nicest" of these villains go out of their way to save a random kid.

The Juggernaut might not be as evil as the others, but it's hard to see him go out of his way, because why would he? He's been involved in plots where the end result would of been huge amounts of destruction. Maybe not specifically at his hand, but at the hand of those he has teamed up with in the past.

This is of course why Doom and Magneto showing up to cry over 9/11 was disturbingly hilarious.

Its a RL logic you're applying quite well.
Armies routinely wreak havoc in a general sense, on each other's countries, but if a soldier personally kills a single child/old person/woman, he can get in all sorts of trouble, even executed.

StiltmanFTW
The Mandarin actually saved a kid once.

She later grew to be a villain of Hank Pym and Janet.

Mindset

Maybe if Doom was walking down the street holding a cup of water and passed by a kid that was on fire he might dump the water on him, but some have actually implied Doom would do "anything" to save a random child.

I don't know why people even mention Thanos on the list of people who would do this. He saved Gamora so he could use her. That is not saving a child via "compassion". That is called being a super villain.

Even Magneto..it depends on when you pluck him from his time in comics. Not all versions would care. Sometimes his personality was essentially "mutant Hitler" with all the irony that comes with it apparently lost on him. Doom killed her for a purpose though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.