Black Panther vs Mandarin (Comics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43563/883624-blackpanther.jpg

vs

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/object/136/136068/invincible-iron-man-520_cover-art.jpg

Takes place in a city.

Me thinks this would be a great fight, what about you... who wins this?

riv6672
I give Mandarin the majority.
By channeling his chi he can amp his strength enough to engage in hand to hand combat with Iron Man, and can even amp his martial arts strikes sufficiently to damage Iron Man's armor.
Add the 10 rings, and its Mandarin FTW.

Didnt need to write all that i know, but if this is the only post this gets, i wanted you to know my reasons.

StiltmanFTW
BP cares about civilians, Mandy doesn't. But even without that advantage, Mandy should stomp T'Challa.

riv6672
BP cares about Wakandans. Still, i see your point.

basilisk
Good fight. This is actually a tough one for the Panther. I can see Mandarin taking him out more often than not.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Karnak strikes harder, yet BP beat him with just one hit, on two different occasions. BP is superior in h2h. The biggest challenge are the rings, that enchance Mandarins strength enough to damage IM, his durability and other things.

riv6672
Thats a reluctant way of saying Mandarin wins.

StiltmanFTW
Mandy's rings don't increase his stats.

As for the hth prowess, I believe it's safe to say Mandy is Karnak's superior.

Anyway, in this particular thread, Mandarin can do things like blowing up a building (which he is capable of), while BP will be struggling not only to survive, but to save civilians as well.

The Nuul
What if BP goes invisible, how would Mandy detect/see him? BP can also go intangible, how could Mandy hit him if he does this?

riv6672
Off the top if my head, besides causing civilian casualties, the white light ring'd do the trick. Unless BP just Runs away and BFRs himself...

EDIT
Are you playing Devil's advocate, or do you think BP wins?
You said this'd be a great fight, but it has to have a winner, and no one's said it'd be a stomp.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Karnak strikes harder, yet BP beat him with just one hit, on two different occasions. BP is superior in h2h. The biggest challenge are the rings, that enchance Mandarins strength enough to damage IM, his durability and other things.
Karnak fights were retarded though.

Writers had no clue about him...

Surtur
I thought BP was given a massive upgrade recently though?

Vanguard
Originally posted by Surtur
I thought BP was given a massive upgrade recently though?

He was. And Panther is a beast. But I think the rings give Mandarin the W here though.

riv6672
I know they do. And i'm glad.

Surtur
I could of sworn part of his "upgrade" was good showings against someone more powerful then Mandarin. What has BP done with his upgrade then? Who was the powerful person he defeated?

Vanguard
Originally posted by riv6672
I know they do. And i'm glad.

Oh stop it. You love Black Panther.

Vanguard
Originally posted by Surtur
I could of sworn part of his "upgrade" was good showings against someone more powerful then Mandarin. What has BP done with his upgrade then? Who was the powerful person he defeated?

Black Dwarf

ODG
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
the rings, that enchance Mandarins strength Best not talk about things you know nothing about. It makes you look stupid.... er.

riv6672
Originally posted by Vanguard
Oh stop it. You love Black Panther.
Hissssss mad

cdtm
Got to give it to Mandarin. The environment just makes it easier for him.

Mindset
Originally posted by ODG
Best not talk about things you know nothing about. It makes you look stupid.... er. thumb up

Wasn't he ripping Extremis IM apart without rings?

VanMae
Ripping apart would be exaggerating. He kicked a dent in Iron Man's helmet and broke his arm. Iron Man won pretty decisively using energy-attacks. It seemed clear that Mandarin was superior in hand-to-hand, though. Without energy-attacks, Mandarin would likely have won decisively.

riv6672
Thanks for the clarification.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Nope he still had the rings, in his spine.
http://www.bigbluebullfrog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2013-08-30-21.26.28.jpg

riv6672
sick yoiks!

The Nuul
Originally posted by cdtm
Got to give it to Mandarin. The environment just makes it easier for him.

I should have made them fought in a jungle instead.

Prof. T.C McAbe
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/27784621/images/1381990928394.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by The Nuul
I should have made them fought in a jungle instead.
That wouldnt change the result. At mist it slightly changes the method and time for Mandarin to get the win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.