Top 5 toughest Superman opponents (according to him)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
We all comment on Supes' penchant for giving props to opponents (heroes, villains alike). According to his comments and your best estimates, who have been his toughest?
For this thread cross overs count, as Superman's equal opportunity in his compliments.

Flyattractor
Doomsday count on this list?

riv6672
Dont remember what Supes said about him. Pretty sure he admitted to DDs strength though. I think he said something about Icon during the abysmal JLA/Shadow Cabinet cross over.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by riv6672

For this thread cross overs count, as Superman's equal opportunity in his compliments.

Who died made you moderator and said cross overs count? Last time I checked your idiotic OP's don't trump forum rules.

Digi
I mean, if we go by Kal's verbal admissions, they're the opponents he either wanted to prop up or cross-company things where the writers were likely contractually obligated. So the list would include Pre-FP Hal and J'onn, probably Thor and He-Man, and maybe 1-2 others.

Off the top of my head, those are the ones he's complimented. He's fought tougher opponents, of course. But those are the OP stips.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Who died made you moderator and said cross overs count? Last time I checked your idiotic OP's don't trump forum rules.

Relax. He's not making a statement on the canonicity of crossovers. He just wants them included in the thread, which is fine.

riv6672
Interesting quote. Never would have seen it, otherwise.
Coincidentally, this Sunday makes 7 months since i put this kid on ignore.

You see how well he's taking it.

Time Immemorial
Interesting quote. Never would have seen it, otherwise.
Coincidentally, this Sunday makes 7 months since i put this kid on ignore.

You see how well he's taking it.

I'm taking it very well. laughing

Ignore is for pussys and cowards.

-Pr-

Do you go in to every one of his threads and attack him?

We all comment on Supes' penchant for giving props to opponents (heroes, villains alike). According to his comments and your best estimates, who have been his toughest?

Are we talking about just in a combat sense?

Luthor undermines Superman plenty, but in a real fight Superman would murder him.

riv6672
I was thinking straight combat, because yeah, pretty much what you daid in regards to Luthor. thumb up

-Pr-
In terms of pure combat:

Doomsday above all.
Darkseid second.
Brainiac.

Don't care about the others.

I actually made a post about this in the Superman forum... I should dig it up, even if my opinions have changed.

riv6672
Go for it, should be good to read.

abhilegend
In a crossover Thor said Superman was capable of doing something no one in nine realms could do.

stick out tongue

Oops, wrong thread.

But anyway Doomsday wins.

riv6672
Ah, NOW i get the short guy in a bar remark. You're insecure, so try to compensate. yes

abhilegend
Now I know why Bran said you're just terrible.

riv6672
You must know a lot of terrible people.

Anyhow, thanks for the Doomsday suggestion.

Digi

You're "taking it" by continuing to attack him unprovoked. Stop it immediately.

SquallX
I don't he ever called Zod tough, but the guy did break his jaw with just one punch.

riv6672
Probably hard to talk, then...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.