Emperor Palpatine, Hannibal Lecter, and The Devil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
Similarities----------- all 3 hide in plain site with alter egos, Emperor Palpatine is really Darth Sidious, Hannibal Lecater is really Hannibal the Cannibal, the devil is alittle harder to explain. All 3 are pretty much the real driving force behind all the evil in their worlds. All 3 are extremely powerful in their own rights, palpatine is the most powerful darksider of all time and is cnsidered by some to be like a living embodiment of the dark side, hannibal has a powerful mind and is capable of handling himself in a fight, the devil was the greatest of all the angels in heaven. All 3 seem to be loving and caring indivduals on the surface and are loved by most people. All 3 have persuasive speech. By persuading others to believe lies constantly they get what they want out them. The list goes on and on.

Differences--------------- Palpatine can destroy you however he wants really, Hannibal eats you and humiliates you to get rid of you, the devil convinces to to do bad things to yourself and to others to get you in trouble with others and with God and to get you killed before you can be saved or redeemed by Jesus so that you will lose you soul.

thats all i can think of at the moment

After watching 100's of movies, many tv shows & miniseries, and reading many books I have come to the conclusion that Emperor palpatine is my favorite villain of all time, which means I also consider him the best.

Recently, I have been watching the show Hannibal, which is about the character/villain Hannibal Lecter, who Anthony Hopkins played gloriously in The Silence of the Lambs, The Red Dragon, and Hannibal. Also, their have also been other movies based off of the character, and after watching the movies and most of the show I have come to the conclusion that Hannibal Lecter and Emperor Palpatine are VERY similar. Making both of them nearly identical to the devil, because both of the character have been compared to the devil several times.

The 2 biggest similarities to me are that all 3 manipulate everything around them causing chaos everywhere to get to their ultimate goal, the complete and total domination of all there is. the other is that the only way to stop them is to kill or destroy them or they will never stop. They never do catch hannibal, but Palpatine is destroyed 3 times but really only once by Empatojayos Brand, the devil will be destroyed by Jesus and the angels when Jesus returns.

Sinious
Originally posted by Darth Demenos
After watching 100's of movies, many tv shows & miniseries, and reading many books I have come to the conclusion that Emperor palpatine is my favorite villain of all time, which means I also consider him the best.

Same here. Honestly, I've never seen a villain with such vision of power and sophisticated understanding of the art of manipulation with absolute lack of empathy other than Palpatine.

Trocity
Ian McDiarmid in Revenge of the Sith is one of the greatest villain performances ever, to me.

I loved his sadistic laughs and his mannerisms and just everything about his portrayal of the character.

He was meant to be Palpatine.

Emperordmb
DEW IT!!!

carthage
If someone could post that psychopath Zeilons rants..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.