Indominus Rex (Jurassic World) VS King Kong (2005)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danielgamer
who is the winner?

relentless1
Kongs bigger, stronger and has dexterous limbs that he can grapple with, I Rex on the other hand is arguably smarter and has teeth. A good fight I think that goes in favour of Kong

Robtard
Kong would shit-stomp the designer dinosaur.

He destroyed three Vastatosaurus Rex, similar to T-Rexs, but evolved over 65million years to be tougher.

http://kingkong.wikia.com/wiki/Vastatosaurus_Rex

Impediment
^This.

The V. Rex is bigger than the I. Rex, easily.

DTM
The V Rexes had very short arms, like the T Rex, which the I Rex doesnt have and does use them to good effect. The V Rexes also dont have a cunning Raptor mind, like the I Rex, not could they camoflauge in nature, like the I Rex can. Not saying Kong loses here, but those V Rexes dont hold a candle to the I Rex.

DTM
Again, I take back the above, as V Rexes are bigger than I thought they were, but an I Rex would still give Kong a good fight, though one in the end Id probably give the nod to Kong on.

playa1258
Going with Kong.

ares834
Originally posted by Impediment
^This.

The V. Rex is bigger than the I. Rex, easily.

Bigger doesn't equal better.

Kong can beat one I. Rex though.

Robtard
IMO, Kong could probably beat three I-Rexs in this setting, since he's not actively trying to juggle around and defend a white-woman and could put full effort and energy into attacking.

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
IMO, Kong could probably beat three I-Rexs in this setting, since he's not actively trying to juggle around and defend a white-woman and could put full effort and energy into attacking. I don't know. I see 3 I.Rexes being a lot more dangerous than 3 V.Rexes. They should be able to work together like Raptors at that point and we've seen that Raptors can be dangerous in groups.

ares834

Robtard
Kong's more intelligent, imo. He uses tools. Cunning probably goes to the I-Rex.

If the I-Rex intelligence has them trying a "you attack first and I'll come in from the rear" tactic, that will end poorly for them as Kong can easily kill a single I-Rex if that's all he's focusing on. They're better off coming at him all at the same time and hoping one gets off a lucky killing-stroke while he's tearing another's jaws apart.

Still think Kong would destroy three as their bites (which are not stronger than V-Rexs afaict) won't seriously harm the insanely durable/dense ape.

edit: It should also be noted that the V-Rex skull looks far more protected than an I-Rex's and Kong crushes those V-Rex's fairly easily.

ares834
I. Rex is part raptor. Presumably they would fight in a coordinated method. Beyond that they have claws that shreaded up the Apatosaurus. Doubt Kong can long withstand that.

And V. Rex bites have nothing on I. Rex's which was shown capable of crushing and piercing the gyrosphere. Not to mention I. Rexes are quite durable with the one in the film taking a direct Anklyosaurus tail smack to the face and not being harmed and later on seeming relatively unharmed by the explosion caused by that rocket.

Kotor3
Nice fight. Going with Kong.

KuRuPT Thanosi
No way King Kong can beat 3 I Rex... In fact, two is all that would be needed for a relatively easy win. I would pick Kong one v one though in a decent fight.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
I. Rex is part raptor. Presumably they would fight in a coordinated method. Beyond that they have claws that shreaded up the Apatosaurus. Doubt Kong can long withstand that.

And V. Rex bites have nothing on I. Rex's which was shown capable of crushing and piercing the gyrosphere. Not to mention I. Rexes are quite durable with the one in the film taking a direct Anklyosaurus tail smack to the face and not being harmed and later on seeming relatively unharmed by the explosion caused by that rocket.

Kong took V-Rex bites and only suffered minor flesh wounds, so I don't see some claws taking him out. As pointed out in another thread years ago, he fell from the Empire State building and his body remained intact, when he should have turned to red jelly and bathed all of downtown. He's extremely durable.

Why would the I-Rex have a stronger bite force than the V-Rex? They're roughly the same size and it's noted in the description for the V-Rex that their heads have evolved over 65million years to be larger and stronger than the T-Rex they're based on.

Kong has durability, fighting prowess, fighting-speed, agility, strength, five points of attack (bite, hands and prehensile feet) and the possibility of using something in the environment as a weapon (boulder) all in his favor here.

Newjak
Kong took V-Rex bites and only suffered minor flesh wounds, so I don't see some claws taking him out. As pointed out in another thread years ago, he fell from the Empire State building and his body remained intact, when he should have turned to red jelly and bathed all of downtown. He's extremely durable.

Why would the I-Rex have a stronger bite force than the V-Rex? They're roughly the same size and it's noted in the description for the V-Rex that their heads have evolved over 65million years to be larger and stronger than the T-Rex they're based on.

Kong has durability, fighting prowess, fighting-speed, agility, strength, five points of attack (bite, hands and prehensile feet) and the possibility of using something in the environment as a weapon (boulder) all in his favor here. Falling from high places and not being turned to jelly is not uncommon in movies though.

As for the bite force part. I think they are trying to go by feats like I.Rex biting through something that can shots from a magnum hand cannon.

Robtard
Even if we dismiss the fall, there's still the factor of taking V-Rex bites and only suffering minor flesh wounds.

A massive 30ish ton carnivore piercing through bullet-resistant glass isn't all that shocking to me, tbh.

ares834
Originally posted by Newjak
Falling from high places and not being turned to jelly is not uncommon in movies though.

As for the bite force part. I think they are trying to go by feats like I.Rex biting through something that can shots from a magnum hand cannon.

thumb up

Because movie feats.

Kong has durability, fighting prowess, fighting-speed, agility, strength, five points of attack (bite, hands and prehensile feet) and the possibility of using something in the environment as a weapon (boulder) all in his favor here.

And I've stated Kong can already take on one. Anymore than that and things become dicey.

ares834
Even if we dismiss the fall, there's still the factor of taking V-Rex bites and only suffering minor flesh wounds.

A massive 30ish ton carnivore biting through bullet-resistant glass isn't all that shocking to me, tbh.

The glass is meant to protect riders from giant ass dinosaurs. Heck, even a smash from an Ankylosaurus's tail only cracked the glass.

Robtard
It was meant to protect them from calm herbivores. You didn't see people hamster-balling around the T-Rex encampment.

edit: Didn't a T-Rex bite though a truck roof in JP2 or JP3?

ares834
Yes. Herbivores like triceratops, stagasaurus, and even giant ass Apatosarus. And we triceratops and stagasaurus attack in TLW.

Edit: rips one off in TLW IIRC.

Robtard
See, I'm not seeing the I-Rex as having a vastly more powerful bite force than the T-Rex that makes up it's base genetics.

And don't get me wrong, biting through the aluminum oxynitride "glass" is impressive, I just don't see it being enough for the I-Rexs to hurt Kong enough before he tears them to pieces with his superior strength.

Newjak
The I.Rex had some pretty good strength feats as well. Throwing a truck over, managing to crush the gate door once it wedged itself inbetween the wall and it.

Breaking through buildings pretty easily.

Robtard
For sure it has great strength, but not Kong-level strong. He single-arm picked up a V-Rex (25tons) and used to club another.

Newjak
For sure it has great strength, but not Kong-level strong. He single-arm picked up a V-Rex (25tons) and used to club another. I would say the I.rex did something similar to the T but it doesn't really have arms for tossing so its hard to find a direct one to one stick out tongue

FrothByte
Kong is stronger than the i rex but not so much so that he can simply overpower it. One on one Kong wins though with diffculty. Don't see him taking out two

The Merchant
I think I rex wins this one, gunna put her feats in a spoiler tag:

Claws and teeth that can casually penetrate glass that can withstand .50 caliber rounds.

Takes down multiple Brontosaurus and those guys weigh 33 to 38 Metric tons.

Runs up to 40 miles per hour in her closed space and even faster outdoors.

Casually stomped a T-rex and tanked multiple bites from it with no real damage from the bites even to the neck, bite force from a T rex is 12,800 pounds or nearly 6 Metric Tons.

Withstood Raptors 6 inch claws with no tearing to its hide just minor annoyance.

Lifted and tossed an Anklysaurous which weigh 3-4 metric tons with one arm and tanked a tail swipe to the head and Ank's swipes break the femurs of T rex's and that Ank's tail swipe caused a huge fracture to a sphere made of the same glass that withstands .50 caliber rounds.

Has the agility and striking speed of a Raptor.

Has camouflage.

Smashed through multiple buildings and a stone balcony.

Is so strong and fast that it smashed through the Pterodactyl Aviary which was made of the same glass that can withstand the .50 caliber rounds and the Aviary glass was a foot thick.

Forced open an automatic steel door that was 40 feet high while it was in the process of closing.

Withstood a glancing blow from a SMAW rocket Launcher, and those things bust Tanks and cripples them with a glancing blow and I rex got up from it with no damage.

Tanked rounds from high caliber rifles like SMG's and even took some hits from that Helicopter gun, a lot of Helis carry armor piercing rounds and there was no damage to the I rex, it only felt pain.

Survived a bite from the Mososaurus, tried to even get away but the Mos's strength dragged it down to its underwater dwelling.

It only died because it was drowned by that Mososaurus.

I did some research on the planes that killed Kong, the type of ammunition the guns they used were 7.62 MM rounds or .30 caliber. I Rex's claws and teeth are more than enough to be able to penetrate Kong's hide.

Also all the things that the I rex did and survived were done rather casually and throughout the film did not suffer any serious damage. It only suffered superficial wounds and some bleeding I believe. And it was done throughout the course of the day as well.

Genesis-Soldier
^ this

I reckon we leave this up to an arm wrestle between the two

The Merchant
Got something wrong, it wasn't a SMAW rocket launcher but a M136 AT4 Missile Launcher. It's also an Anti-tank weapon although used to destroy Light tanks rather than Main Battle ones.

Mindship
The I-Rex didn't impress me as much as I thought it would (I'm not even sure she could beat a Spinosaurus or V-Rex). For reasons already posted, I see Kong making short work of her.

joesha28
Kong will sniff through Irex camouflage. Use weapons to his advantage. Will rip off Irex hands to disable her in the fight. Could be a bloody fight, but something that Kong is so use too. Ages of battle experience, made him the King of skull island.

joesha28
But I see the I-Rex has quickly become Kong's Deathbattle rival, online.

Trocity
Originally posted by ares834
The glass is meant to protect riders from giant ass dinosaurs. Heck, even a smash from an Ankylosaurus's tail only cracked the glass.

Didn't Indominus casually pierce the glass with a single claw at first too? Very impressive dinosaur, but yeah, Kong wins.

joesha28
Watched the movie, IRex did not take the missile head on. But still impressive for Dino standards. Irex run after that.

Even if Kong was killed by .30 caliber, it was still multiple shots. He took it like a King.

A VRex bite force is 35000 psi. Much more than the 12800 psi of a Trex.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.