Loki vs Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Pre DCnu Adam

Who wins

Time Immemorial
Split

zopzop
Loki all day.

Surtur
Are we assuming Adam forgets his speed? If he doesn't, I can't see how he possibly loses.

Flyattractor
Is this a H2H slugfest or a B2B?

(brain vs brain)

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
Are we assuming Adam forgets his speed? If he doesn't, I can't see how he possibly loses.

Adam gets bfred as soon as the battle starts.

Surtur
Originally posted by carver9
Adam gets bfred as soon as the battle starts.

So then yes we are assuming he forgets his speed, since this only happens if he does, given he can move and react so much faster then Loki.

carver9
So then yes we are assuming he forgets his speed, since this only happens if he does, given he can move and react so much faster then Loki.

Loki goes intangible as soon as the bell rings and bfr Adam 10/10.

Surtur
Loki goes intangible as soon as the bell rings and bfr Adam 10/10.

So again, we must be ignoring speed because Adam could absolutely make it over to Loki before the guy fired off a single thought.

Unless fights normally begin with the combatants separated by many many miles. Do they begin separated by many many miles?

BTW, going intangible is moot. If he had the speed to react before Adam could get to him then might as well just BFR right then and there.

carver9
So Adam can make it over to Loki before he thought? What's Adam best speed ft?

abhilegend
He is faster than Hulk.

mmm

carver9
True. So what is his best speed ft?

abhilegend
True. So what is his best speed ft?
Being faster than hulk.

mhmm

Surtur
Fighting with Jay Garrick at super speed, being able to also race him and keep up with him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111130781/3494468-8043952237-29559.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114115/2998496-jay+vs+black+adam+race+2.jpg

TheDude666
I'm going with Loki on account of how clever he is.

Loki has the ability to teleport on a whim (with a thought) and we know he has FTL thought processing (due to his perception, control and redirection of Microwaves) So I am guessing that on account of how clever he is he would figure out away to beat him whilst doing this Repeatedly.

Maybe just go intangible and then use his sorcery to beat on him.

Or maybe sap his strength to augment his own.

Or maybe I am talking shit.

Surtur
I don't know what to say, you just said Loki has FTL reflexes. That is sort of like that one boxer who unintentionally knocked himself out before the fight even began.

Mindset
Whether BA wins or not, he isn't ending this fight before Loki can react and it's ridiculous to think he would.

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindset
Whether BA wins or not, he isn't ending this fight before Loki can react and it's ridiculous to think he would.

When you say this..how many times are you envisioning Black Adam hitting Loki before he reacts?

The Nuul
Adam blitzes, he can and will do just that then it's all over for Loki. Adam won't hold back unlike Thor.

Mindset
When you say this..how many times are you envisioning Black Adam hitting Loki before he reacts? Less times than is necessary to end the fight before Loki could react.

Surtur
Less times than is necessary to end the fight before Loki could react.

Okay, so then ball park how many punches from someone on the level of Black Adam would need to be landed in order to take Loki out before he reacts?

TheDude666
Lol

Mindset
Okay, so then ball park how many punches from someone on the level of Black Adam would need to be landed in order to take Loki out before he reacts? More than 1, less than 1 million

RangerDX
LOL BFR is such a pussy way to "end" a fight
Adam beats his skull in until his brain starts popping out of his ear

TheDude666
Loki is definitely more handsome.

Surtur
More than 1, less than 1 million

I just don't get the reluctance to answer. I'm trying to see how durable you think Loki is.

TheDude666
Durable enough to take hits from Surtur with the Twilight Sword and keep him occupied while Odin & Thor comw back to their senses.

Surtur
Originally posted by TheDude666
Durable enough to take hits from Surtur with the Twilight Sword and keep him occupied while Odin & Thor comw back to their senses.

But wasn't Surtur supposed to be on the level of Odin even without the sword?

TheDude666
what?

Surtur is a peer of Odin, yes.

carver9
But wasn't Surtur supposed to be on the level of Odin even without the sword?

I thought you accept all showings? How fast was Jay going in the scans you posted? I know the last scan he was going Mach 500.

TheDude666
Loki wins more often than not.

Mindset
I just don't get the reluctance to answer. I'm trying to see how durable you think Loki is. It's a stupid question.

deathslash
Whether BA wins or not, he isn't ending this fight before Loki can react and it's ridiculous to think he would. this.

Also, that's a nice new avatar that you've got there. Who is that?

Mindset
Originally posted by deathslash
this.

Also, that's a nice new avatar that you've got there. Who is that? It's Raz, he has completely transitioned into Razine.

deathslash
It's Raz, he has completely transitioned into Razine. laughing out loud

abhilegend
I thought you accept all showings? How fast was Jay going in the scans you posted? I know the last scan he was going Mach 500.
He was going near lightspeed carver.

Henry_Pym
Fighting with Jay Garrick at super speed, being able to also race him and keep up with him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111130781/3494468-8043952237-29559.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114115/2998496-jay+vs+black+adam+race+2.jpg ...wtf? How is getting blitzed by flash a positive feat for BA? And the second feat shows Jay leaving him in the dust...

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
He was going near lightspeed carver.

Don't think you are looking at the scene right.

KingD19
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
...wtf? How is getting blitzed by flash a positive feat for BA? And the second feat shows Jay leaving him in the dust...

Because it shows Adam can go roughly Mach 500 while fighting before he starts to wear down. And far before Mach 500 they were going so fast the world around them was frozen still.

So unless Loki has some pretty impressive speed feats, it's showcasing that Adam can and is willing to move fast enough to destroy Loki before he can react.

The Nuul
Didn't Jay fight Zoom?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by KingD19
Because it shows Adam can go roughly Mach 500 while fighting before he starts to wear down. And far before Mach 500 they were going so fast the world around them was frozen still.

So unless Loki has some pretty impressive speed feats, it's showcasing that Adam can and is willing to move fast enough to destroy Loki before he can react. ok? And Thor has multiple LS feats and Loki has never been blitz' by him...

Sin I AM
ok? And Thor has multiple LS feats and Loki has never been blitz' by him...

Multiple? I wouldn't say multiple. And they're not consistent enough to say it's standard.

KingD19
Also Thor isn't the type to blitz his opponents, so saying he's never blitzed Loki doesn't mean much. If he was, a lot of his fights would have gone vastly different. Thor is a brawler with energy projection powers for the most part.

Sin I AM
Bladam is a brawler as well albeit a more aggressive one. He's not blitzing Loki

KingD19
He very well could blitz Loki though. Especially if Loki's tricks start to piss him off. But with all his magic he could very well see through his illusions or something. The Lightning family get a lot of weird powers within the powers they already have.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by KingD19
He very well could blitz Loki though. Especially if Loki's tricks start to piss him off. But with all his magic he could very well see through his illusions or something. The Lightning family get a lot of weird powers within the powers they already have.

yea but im doubting he'd see thru his illusions. thor never did, he's not some scrub magician.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Multiple? I wouldn't say multiple. And they're not consistent enough to say it's standard. he has more than 1? I agree that Thor isn't a blitzing character

Sin I AM
blitzing in all honesty doesn't do much unless youre a flash

Henry_Pym
Agreed, it's more a power set argument than something that ever occurs in the herald tiers

Blue Area Vet
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/8/83882/2266083-1241588_thorltloki_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111115588/3347589-lok+10.jpg

Any questions?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/8/83882/2266083-1241588_thorltloki_super.jpg

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8571/thor34422uz1.th.jpg://

Any questions?

Lol are you comparing Black Adam to THAT Thor?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol are you comparing Black Adam to THAT Thor?

What are you talking about? I'm showing Loki surviving two beheadings.

abhilegend
Don't think you are looking at the scene right.
I'm not looking at the scan? Jay said Adam was straining at mach 500. He absorbed his speed at near lightspeed to go to speed force and travel back in time.

He did it again two issues later.

abhilegend
ok? And Thor has multiple LS feats and Loki has never been blitz' by him...
laughing

Thor has lightspeed feats and can race speedsters at foot?

crylaughOriginally posted by Blue Area Vet
What are you talking about? I'm showing Loki surviving two beheadings.
He still gets KTFO by punches from Thor.

So yeah, Adam beats the shit out of him.Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Agreed, it's more a power set argument than something that ever occurs in the herald tiers
Not really. Thor does not and never has super speed as power. What he has is reacting to speed like every other character.

Rogues have fought Flash several times, nobody argues they have superspeed.

Why is it argued about Thor is beyond me.

Kryptoniano
laughing

crylaugh

Indeed, what a joke!

DarkSaint85
Does anyone have scans of BlAdam EVER using the Wisdom of Zehuti??

Blue Area Vet
laughing

crylaugh

So yeah, Adam beats the shit out of him.
Not really. Thor does not and never has super speed as power. What he has is reacting to speed like every other character.

LMAO, because it's so shameful to get knock out by a street leveler like Thor.

Blue Area Vet
laughing

crylaugh

So yeah, Adam beats the shit out of him.

So when he is flying at many times the speed of light....

abhilegend
So when he is flying at many times the speed of light....
Lobo can do that on his bike.

Green Lanterns have actually crossed entire universe. Do you think they have superspeed?

Blue Area Vet

Green Lanterns have actually crossed entire universe. Do you think they have superspeed?

Which has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. How much is your contract with D.C. Comics worth?

carver9

Lobo and Green Lantern have super speed. Don't get it.

abhilegend
Which has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. How much is your contract with D.C. Comics worth?
So you only consider Thor fast as he flies several times faster than light having superspeed but what about other characters?

Less than your contract from marvel obviously.

abhilegend
Lobo and Green Lantern have super speed. Don't get it.
laughing out loud

So how fast is Kyle? He actually flew from the edge of the universe in one panel.

carver9
laughing out loud

So how fast is Kyle? He actually flew from the edge of the universe in one panel.

Lol...wasn't he moving along side Flash when Flash was running at super speed? Also, Jay admitted that Kyle was faster than him. He admitted, Powergirl , Superman, and Kyle was faster than him.

abhilegend
Lol...wasn't he moving along side Flash when Flash was running at super speed? Also, Jay admitted that Kyle was faster than him. He admitted, Powergirl , Superman, and Kyle was faster than him.
No, he wasn't.

It was Hal. And he didn't say he was faster than Jay, just that there were people faster than him in JLA and JSA, namely power girl and Superman.

Unless you think Red Tornado is faster than Jay too.

carver9
No, he wasn't.

It was Hal. And he didn't say he was faster than Jay, just that there were people faster than him in JLA and JSA, namely power girl and Superman.

Unless you think Red Tornado is faster than Jay too.

Lol...he was referencing everyone that showed up in those images and The Lantern was one of them. He didn't single anyone out, the people that he was referencing were shown.

abhilegend
Lol...he was referencing everyone that showed up in those images and The Lantern was one of them. He didn't single anyone out, the people that he was referencing were shown.
So, you think Red Tornado is faster than Jay Garrick?

Well, not much to say after that.

laughing out loud

carver9
So, you think Red Tornado is faster than Jay Garrick?

Well, not much to say after that.

laughing out loud

Post the scan and prove that he was only referencing Superman and Powergirl.

Anyways, it's not impressive flying or running alongside Jay. Hell, Alan was able to do it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3827034-keep+up+with+jay.jpg

And I sure as hell wouldn't say he is faster than Thor.

Sin I AM
Thor has superspeed but ONLY with mjolnir is in hand and only when flying with it and using it to strike and parry. If you take his hammer away he doesn't display anywhere near those speeds

DarkSaint85
Hal Jordan has flown across the galaxy in minutes /seconds.

He is FTL, easily.

Batman has stolen the ring from him.

Batman is >>light.

Blue Area Vet
So you only consider Thor fast as he flies several times faster than light having superspeed but what about other characters?

Less than your contract from marvel obviously.

So me responding in kind to something brought up by another poster isn't okay with you? Glad to hear, peace.

Newjak
Thor has superspeed without the hammer. He has been shown to race as blur through central park before. He managed to pin quicksilver before.

The only problem is that is such an unused power from Thor it's hard to gauge just how much natural speed and reaction he has. You almost have to guestamate what his speed is but with who he has fought I would not be surprised if he was fast enough to tangle with BA if needed.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hal Jordan has flown across the galaxy in minutes /seconds.

He is FTL, easily.

Batman has stolen the ring from him.

Batman is >>light.

True. Superman has flown through space at FLT speeds as well but he was unable to tag Shadow Dragon...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119260/3663641-shadowdragon1.jpg

Superman admits SD is faster than him and again he couldn't tag him...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119260/3663645-shadowdragon5.jpg

But Lady Shiva not only tags him/Shadow Dragon but she stomps...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11114/111146088/3954335-8040466219-11193.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11114/111146088/3954340-2670027221-99029.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11114/111146088/3954342-6272520519-99029.jpg

ABC logic for the win. Lady Shiva FTL.

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11114/111146088/3954337-5376135240-11193.jpg

Left this scan out because it was pointless. Guess I will include it so that no one will fuss about it.

This one as well...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11114/111146088/3954343-5627674928-99029.jpg

DarkSaint85
I bet Batman could've taken that loser SD on as well, if he showed up in the New 52 thumb up

All this shows is that Batman is the best in the League.

But isn't ABC logic what you're using, carver? Abhi brought up Kyle then BAM, you're using comparisons with other characters who aren't here....

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Newjak
Thor has superspeed without the hammer. He has been shown to race as blur through central park before. He managed to pin quicksilver before.

The only problem is that is such an unused power from Thor it's hard to gauge just how much natural speed and reaction he has. You almost have to guestamate what his speed is but with who he has fought I would not be surprised if he was fast enough to tangle with BA if needed.
thumb up

Iirc he reached SS from a distance before Surf could fire off a blast. Surf did catch his swing to avoid a Hammer shot. There are other examples...

carver9

@Darksaint...

Read. This is where the argument began.

Blue Area Vet
He is faster than Hulk.

mmm

Why troll?

Blue Area Vet

Or Gladiator. smokin'

Sin I AM

hmmm...those instances are few and far in between. so few in fact it can be argued that he doesn't have superspeed at all.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I bet Batman could've taken that loser SD on as well, if he showed up in the New 52 thumb up

All this shows is that Batman is the best in the League.

But isn't ABC logic what you're using, carver? Abhi brought up Kyle then BAM, you're using comparisons with other characters who aren't here....

He said he was using ABC logic in the thread. He's proving a point to Abby. Abby wants to use it whenever it bennefits his character and ignore it when it doesn't.

abhilegend
Post the scan and prove that he was only referencing Superman and Powergirl.

Anyways, it's not impressive flying or running alongside Jay. Hell, Alan was able to do it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3827034-keep+up+with+jay.jpg

And I sure as hell wouldn't say he is faster than Thor.
Alan was flying in a straight line.

erm

And do you conceded Red Tornado is faster than Jay Garrick?Originally posted by carver9
True. Superman has flown through space at FLT speeds as well but he was unable to tag Shadow Dragon...

Superman admits SD is faster than him and again he couldn't tag him...

ABC logic for the win. Lady Shiva FTL.
Not under the same writer caver. Writers don't take showings in account with such minor characters.

But I like how your logic works. But answer these first carver. Kyle explicitlty flies to the edge of the universe and back.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/23364344/GreenLantern-Annual7-08.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/23364345/GreenLantern-Annual7-11.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/23364349/GreenLantern-Annual7-37.jpg.html

How fast is he?

So me responding in kind to something brought up by another poster isn't okay with you? Glad to hear, peace.
What are you babbling about now?

abhilegend
Here is how Alan fares against Jay in a fight.

Hulk 17, methinks.

Jay owns alan scott.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/14190251_JSA_62_11.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/14190265_JSA_62_12.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/14190280_JSA_62_13.jpg

Not quite well I might say.

Surtur
How is Adam getting blitzed in that scan? He is clearly fighting back against Jay when they are compared to moving like lightning. Getting blitzed is when someone can come up to you and hit you a crapload of times with you unable to do a damn thing about it. Does anyone feel that is what is going on in the scan?

But you know that I do not accept all showings, so I don't even get this response. Otherwise if I did then I'd accept Spiderman can beat down Firelord and make Silver Surfer look like a fool.

Do you feel Loki is normally a peer of Odin? If Loki maybe had two appearances and just showed up and did the Surtur feat it would be easier to buy, but we know better don't we?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.