Green Lantern vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting is downtown Chicago.

All at their best.

Green Lantern

vs.

Hulk, Iron Man and Thor

juggerman
GL easily

BruceSkywalker
Hulk, Thor and Stark

juggerman
How?

Impediment
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Hulk, Thor and Stark

....get stomped.

FrothByte
I feel like this can go either way. GL has the raw power to take out the team... as long as he plays smart. You know, drop a minisun on them at the opening bell. But if he decides to do something silly like he usually does... like I don't know, make a car and slam into the team, then there's a good chance he'll get knocked out (if not outright killed) if Thor and Hulk go apeshit on him.

What were GL's best durability feats?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
....get stomped.

its the other way around...

hal doesn't possess the ability to hold any of them in place let alone create anything to hurt them

DTM
While I picked GL to beat Magneto, Im siding with the Avengers to take him down here.

juggerman
Hal can toss any of them into space. Thor is the only threat and I can't see him bringing Hal down

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
Hal can toss any of them into space. Thor is the only threat and I can't see him bringing Hal down

I think that would depend on how fast Hal can create shields. A full charged strike directly to Hal *I think* should kill him.

juggerman
Originally posted by FrothByte
I think that would depend on how fast Hal can create shields. A full charged strike directly to Hal *I think* should kill him.

I'd have to watch the movie again but I thought he had auto shields

EmperorSidious2
this is a very interesting thread.

FrothByte

Guess I'll have to rewatch again to be sure. I remember GL getting hurt by decently heavy blows (like when he's thrown around) so either he can't auto generate shields or he does and they're just not that strong.

But yeah, will have to double check the movie to be sure.

Kotor3
I don't see how GL beats Thor, so Avengers.

Quincy
Put them in a box and throw them into space.

BruceSkywalker

what exactly were Hal's feats doing that??? I do not recall any but correct me if I am wrong...

Hal had no auto shield.. the green aura around him just helps him breath while he is flying and fighting, iirc.. Hal did create a small shield but got pushed the frack back after Parallax fired at him..

Originally posted by Quincy
Put them in a box and throw them into space.

Please find the scene on youtube that shows Hal putting something in a box and throwing into outer space...

also quincy , you or juggernaut find the scene(s) on youtube that shows Hal lifting something as heavy/strong as Hulk is

juggerman
what exactly were Hal's feats doing that??? I do not recall any but correct me if I am wrong...

Hal had no auto shield.. the green aura around him just helps him breath while he is flying and fighting, iirc.. Hal did create a small shield but got pushed the frack back after Parallax fired at him..

Please find the scene on youtube that shows Hal putting something in a box and throwing into outer space...

also quincy , you or juggernaut find the scene(s) on youtube that shows Hal lifting something as heavy/strong as Hulk is

You do realise we don't need to show Hal doing something like that specifically right? Hal can create things like jets and race cars. Assuming he cannot make a box is pretty dumb.

I wasn't sure about the auto shields.

Hal caught a helicopter iirc. Hulk wouldn't be too heavy for him

BruceSkywalker
You do realise we don't need to show Hal doing something like that specifically right? Hal can create things like jets and race cars. Assuming he cannot make a box is pretty dumb.

Then in that case Hulk thunderclaps Hal to a distant planet.. The thing is this alleged box won't even hold Hulk.. Afterall Hal wasn't even shown to make some huge ass box that contained someone as strong and powerful as Hulk is

Originally posted by juggerman I wasn't sure about the auto shields.

Its okay , I haven't watched Green Lantern in a few years but I remember a lot from it

Originally posted by juggerman Hal caught a helicopter iirc. Hulk wouldn't be too heavy for him

A helicopter prolly weighs far far less than Hulk does so I kind of doubt Hal has the strength to lift Hulk as I do not recall Hal having any type of strength feats

FrothByte
Comicbook Hulk weighs between 1000 -1500 lbs. IIRC. Based on the size, movie Hulk should also be around the same. Depending on the kind, a helicopter can easily weighs more.

BruceSkywalker
Comicbook Hulk weighs between 1000 -1500 lbs. IIRC. Based on the size, movie Hulk should also be around the same. Depending on the kind, a helicopter can easily weighs more.

that helicopter from the Green Lantern doesn;t look like it did...

besides Hal doesn;t possess the constructs that he showed are capable of keeping him away from being whacked upside the head from mjolnir.. nor does hal has anything to keep him from being hit with lightning or being one shotted from hulk

juggerman
Then in that case Hulk thunderclaps Hal to a distant planet.. The thing is this alleged box won't even hold Hulk.. Afterall Hal wasn't even shown to make some huge ass box that contained someone as strong and powerful as Hulk is

Its okay , I haven't watched Green Lantern in a few years but I remember a lot from it

A helicopter prolly weighs far far less than Hulk does so I kind of doubt Hal has the strength to lift Hulk as I do not recall Hal having any type of strength feats

False equivalency but I kinda think you knew that. Hulk's thunder clap was never shown to be uber powerful, however Hal had created things more complex than a box so saying he can't is rather dumb. The man made a machine gun. A box would be simple

Helicopter probably weighs more seeing as Hulk was able to ride in a jet with no trouble at all. I doubt the jet would be fine with a helicopter sitting on top of it.

Hal also flys faster than light seeing as how he made it to the sun in about a minute. Meaning Hulk would be in the box, that Hal can surely create, for less than a second before he was in space. Not really enough time for Hulk to break out

Quincy

Wait you for real?

If Hulk can be in a Jet or moved by a Jet that couldn't Hal just strap all those Jet Constructs to push him into the Sun like he did Parallax?

Or just..space in general?

juggerman
Wait you for real?

If Hulk can be in a Jet or moved by a Jet that couldn't Hal just strap all those Jet Constructs to push him into the Sun like he did Parallax?

Ha good point. Hal creates a jet around Hulk since he "can't make a box" or some such nonsense thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kotor3
I don't see how GL beats Thor, so Avengers.

juggerman
Yup Thor is more of an issue than Hulk

Kotor3
Put them in a box and throw them into space. I fail to see what that is suppose to do to Thor. How long before Thor hammer takes out GL?

juggerman
I fail to see what that is suppose to do to Thor. How long before Thor hammer takes out GL?

Can Thor survive in space? I don't recall him ever being in space so that may what GL needs to do

Quincy
Yeah just put thor in a box small enough to not be able to swing his hammer. Should do the trick.

BOXES FOR THE WIN

Kotor3
Can Thor survive in space? I don't recall him ever being in space so that may what GL needs to do I thought Thor could. I have to check.
Either way the box as I am hearing is only as strong as GL will makes it. So why does do you think his will be strong enough to contain someone as strong as Thor or the Hulk for that matter.

His first shot at doing so shouldn't which would give Thor ample time to attack.

Quincy
I dont know man, if he's not scared of Hulk or Thor he has no real issue.

Dude was strong enough (willpower wise) to basically beat a Galactus monster sized storm cloud of Fear and Death that terrorized the galaxy.

FrothByte
Can Thor survive in space? I don't recall him ever being in space so that may what GL needs to do

Loki survived getting dropped in space. So I'm thinking Thor can too?

Kotor3
I dont know man, if he's not scared of Hulk or Thor he has no real issue.

Dude was strong enough (willpower wise) to basically beat a Galactus monster sized storm cloud of Fear and Death that terrorized the galaxy. Yeah but he had to build up that willpower. He didn't have it initially. The Hulk will keep getting stronger so he would have to keep raising his willpower.

GL definitely cannot face the hulk in close confrontation. As for Thor even if he is able to get him out of space I believe Loki survive in part 1 out in space so I see no reason that Thor wouldn't. Also can't Thor just open a portal with his hammer no matter where he is to go anywhere he wants?

Adam Grimes
Hal gives them a sundip.

Quincy
Yeah but he had to build up that willpower. He didn't have it initially. The Hulk will keep getting stronger so he would have to keep raising his willpower.

GL definitely cannot face the hulk in close confrontation. As for Thor even if he is able to get him out of space I believe Loki survive in part out in space so I see no reason that Thor wouldn't. Also can't Thor just open a portal with his hammer no matter where he is to go anywhere he wants?

Willpower isn't like, a power-level. He overcame his own fear and it lead him to become the best Green Lantern. It's not like getting out of shape or something. Once you have willpower you have willpower.

Hulk can be slowed down by hails of gunfire, which we've actually SEEN GL create constructs of.

Why not create a green Hulkbuster armor and then bada boom bada bing punchy punchy smashy smashy.

Did Loki survive in space? I thought that was like a portal thingy. Either way, fine - throw Thor into the sun for all I care. Like he did with the being that was larger than Thor

Robtard
Yeah but he had to build up that willpower. He didn't have it initially. The Hulk will keep getting stronger so he would have to keep raising his willpower.

Not how it works, Hals willpower and faith in himself was set at the end up the film, so he'd be fully confident in himself from the start of this fight. His willpower is not a meter that empties and needs to slowly be refilled.

edit: Quincy beat me to it. See above.

Kotor3
I know how willpower works and one thing that is incorrect with both of your comments is that willpower can grow stronger or become weaker to a point of being non-existent. Key word once he overcame his fear he was able to use his willpower at its fullest.

I'm not going to go into the technicalities here but a person can also have fear and still have great willpower or even greater than one without fear.

The point is, I know Thor is quite weak in the movies in comparison to his comic version but not as weak as you guys are making him out to be.

juggerman
I thought Thor could. I have to check.
Either way the box as I am hearing is only as strong as GL will makes it. So why does do you think his will be strong enough to contain someone as strong as Thor or the Hulk for that matter.

His first shot at doing so shouldn't which would give Thor ample time to attack.

The fact that GL can fly faster than light is a huge advantage here. H contains them and the flight to space would be less than a second. No chance for an escape.

Now if Thor can indeed survive in space, then it's now a 1 on 1 fight.

Kotor3
The fact that GL can fly faster than light is a huge advantage here. H contains them and the flight to space would be less than a second. No chance for an escape.

Now if Thor can indeed survive in space, then it's now a 1 on 1 fight. Lets say Thor can't. Unless I understand his powers incorrectly, what is preventing him from opening a portal and escaping.

Also can GL travel faster than light while holding Thor or the Hulk? Has he shown such an ability? What feat has GL perform that shows his box would hold the first hit from the hulk or Thor?

There is no one that GL fought that I know of whose attack power is on the level of Thor or the Hulk.

juggerman
Lets say Thor can't. Unless I understand his powers incorrectly, what is preventing him from opening a portal and escaping.

Also can GL travel faster than light while holding Thor or the Hulk? Has he shown such an ability? What feat has GL perform that shows his box would hold the first hit from the hulk or Thor?

There is no one that GL fought that I know of whose attack power is on the level of Thor or the Hulk.

His hammer has never opened a portal in the MCU. He was unable to travel to other worlds without the Rainbow Bridge, Odin using some kind of magic during Avengers, Loki's secret passages, or traveling thru holes created by the Aether. Never once did he just use his hammer to teleport so that's not an option here.

I don't see why he can't. Not 100% if he did so in the film or not tho. I really want to avoid watching it again if I can. But he can strap jets onto them like he did to Parallax. He doesn't need to necessarily trap them inside something to do away with them.

You're right but they've never face anything like GL before either

Silent Master
Hal didn't attach jets to Parallax, he attached the jets to himself and punched Parallax after he(Hal) lured Parallax close enough to the Sun to get it trapped in the gravity well.

juggerman
Originally posted by Silent Master
Hal didn't attach jets to Parallax, he attached the jets to himself and punched Parallax after he(Hal) lured Parallax close enough to the Sun to get it trapped in the gravity well.

Oh ok. Thanks. Maybe I do need to watch this crapfast again

BruceSkywalker
False equivalency but I kinda think you knew that. Hulk's thunder clap was never shown to be uber powerful, however Hal had created things more complex than a box so saying he can't is rather dumb. The man made a machine gun. A box would be simple

Of course I knew that, the thing is though Hal's machine gun won;t do all that much damage to Hulk, while Hulk's punch would send Hal all the way to never,never land..

Originally posted by juggerman Helicopter probably weighs more seeing as Hulk was able to ride in a jet with no trouble at all. I doubt the jet would be fine with a helicopter sitting on top of it.

even if true, Hal won;t the chance to even to see if it works..

Originally posted by juggerman Hal also flys faster than light seeing as how he made it to the sun in about a minute. Meaning Hulk would be in the box, that Hal can surely create, for less than a second before he was in space. Not really enough time for Hulk to break out

this alleged box won;t even work.. what exactly can Hal do when he'll be fried from Thor's lightning or one shotted from Hulk??

Wait you for real?

are you even real?? do you exist??

i can give Hulk and thor powers they didn;t use than too...

tell me then how exactly can Hal survive Thor's lightning? or from being sucked up the way the Destroyer was??? tell me how hal's weak ass shield which sent him flying backwards into a parked vehicle after parallax shot at him will protect him fro being one shotted by Hulk or from being hit by mjolnir??

Time-Immemorial
All GL has to do is put him in a tiny box where he cant swing his hammer, and send him to the sun.

Robtard
Not even a tiny box, Gl creates a large clothes-dryer, sets it on spin and then hurls it and Thor into the sun.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/GFO106/Untitled.png

The guy can create anything he can imagine, use your imagination.

Quincy
Both of these dudes know ^

Time-Immemorial
I think some people forgot anything Hal thinks he can create. I don't know why Bruce said he couldn't make a box when he actually made many more thing complex then that.

Quincy
On an un-related note, no go on getting back into your old account huh?

Time-Immemorial
Sounds like I might be getting it back.

Kotor3
His hammer has never opened a portal in the MCU. He was unable to travel to other worlds without the Rainbow Bridge, Odin using some kind of magic during Avengers, Loki's secret passages, or traveling thru holes created by the Aether. Never once did he just use his hammer to teleport so that's not an option here.

I don't see why he can't. Not 100% if he did so in the film or not tho. I really want to avoid watching it again if I can. But he can strap jets onto them like he did to Parallax. He doesn't need to necessarily trap them inside something to do away with them.

You're right but they've never face anything like GL before either I thought he used his hammer, but ok I'll take your word for it. Assuming that he can while holding Thor he is not going to reach the sun in seconds. Thor would escape the box using his hammer. I see nothing to suggest that Hal willpower is going to be strong enough to contain Thor in a box for any length of time.

He would probably make it to the moon before Thor escapes and fly back to earth. Tell me do you truthfully see Parallax beating Thor.

Placidity
Tell me do you truthfully see Parallax beating Thor.

Quite easily.

What's Thor going to do? Shoot some lightning? Throw his hammer at it?

He would die the same way Abin Sur did.

juggerman
Of course I knew that, the thing is though Hal's machine gun won;t do all that much damage to Hulk, while Hulk's punch would send Hal all the way to never,never land..

even if true, Hal won;t the chance to even to see if it works..

this alleged box won;t even work.. what exactly can Hal do when he'll be fried from Thor's lightning or one shotted from Hulk??

I didn't bring up the gun to say it would hurt Hulk, I brought it up to show you that your idea that he can't make a simple box when he has created thing far more complex is asinine.

It is true. Why won't he? He's much faster than Hulk

The box will work. A similar device held Thor for quite a while in Avengers. Hulk is a non issue since Hal doesn't need to come within striking distance to deal with him

juggerman
I thought he used his hammer, but ok I'll take your word for it. Assuming that he can while holding Thor he is not going to reach the sun in seconds. Thor would escape the box using his hammer. I see nothing to suggest that Hal willpower is going to be strong enough to contain Thor in a box for any length of time.

He would probably make it to the moon before Thor escapes and fly back to earth. Tell me do you truthfully see Parallax beating Thor.

The big box in Avenger held him just fine.

Yes I do see Paralax beating Thor. Thor has no way to beat that thing

Quincy
I think folks in opposition of Hal in this instance are presumably frustrated that a really shitty movie adaptation character can still wreck two beloved adapted folks from arguably the best superhero movie.

But we have to concede to common sense.

juggerman
I can see that. All of the MCU films were better than Green Lantern. Hell, they were all better than Superman Returns too but SuperRouth would still wreck them easily.

Horus1
I can see that. All of the MCU films were better than Green Lantern. Hell, they were all better than Superman Returns too but SuperRouth would still wreck them easily.

Sad, but mostly true.

Darth Thor

The box will work. A similar device held Thor for quite a while in Avengers. Hulk is a non issue since Hal doesn't need to come within striking distance to deal with him

I don't remember Hal creating a box or any construct that was near indestructible.

FrothByte
GL should easily be able to make a box. Don't see how he couldn't. Whether it will be strong enough to contain either Hulk or Thor is questionable.

As I mentioned before, GL has more than enough raw power to beat the Avengers. The problem is if he fights like he normally did in his movie then there's a good chance he'll get knocked out before he gets creative enough with this powers to take out the Avengers.

juggerman
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I don't remember Hal creating a box or any construct that was near indestructible.

The box Thor was in broke from his first actual hit. Hardly call that "near indestructible"

FrothByte
So the box would work as long as Thor doesn't hit it?

juggerman
I'm sure it would work if he didn't hit it yes. But if he broke it on the way to the sun, what's stopping GL from doing it again and again until they reached it? Clearly a box that is moving quickly is difficult for Thor to actually hit. Hal can get the job done with minimal attempts

Silent Master
Not commenting on the winner, but you do realize that Hal isn't just fighting Thor, so while Hal is trying to trap Thor, what is stopping the other two from attacking?

Time-Immemorial
Lets face though, Thor is the only real threat here. Even Hulk Buster trashed Hulk and GL is far above HB and Stark.

Kotor3
The big box in Avenger held him just fine.

Yes I do see Paralax beating Thor. Thor has no way to beat that thing Didn't Thor break out of the box with one hit using his hammer? How is that holding him just fine?

Here is my question, how does Thor get beat without destroying his hammer? His hammer has shown to keep traveling no matter how far away they are separate until it reaches Thor. Two, his hammer has shown the ability to revive Thor back to life.

No matter how may boxes GL puts around Thor he is going to break out of them. I still see no proof that GL would be able to contain Thor in box for any length of time.

Unless GL is able to render Thor unconscious, disintegrate his body, or destroy his hammer, eventually Thor is going to connect with a hit on Hal and end the battle.

juggerman
Didn't Thor break out of the box with one hit using his hammer? How is that holding him just fine?

Here is my question, how does Thor get beat without destroying his hammer? His hammer has shown to keep traveling no matter how far away they are separate until it reaches Thor. Two, his hammer has shown the ability to revive Thor back to life.

No matter how may boxes GL puts around Thor he is going to break out of them. I still see no proof that GL would be able to contain Thor in box for any length of time.

Unless GL is able to render Thor unconscious, disintegrate his body, or destroy his hammer, eventually Thor is going to connect with a hit on Hal and end the battle.

After how long being in the box? He will not just break out right away as you seem to think.

Are you saying Thor is unbeatable? Thor hammer was only following him because he summoned it. If it's in his hand there is no need tofollow him. And second, Thor was given his godhood back in when he was brought back. He can't just evade death altogether.

I agree Thor can break out but it will not be right away and that would give Hal enough time to do away with him via BFR.

Robtard
What if GL traps then in a box of self-loathing and regrets?

Kotor3
After how long being in the box? He will not just break out right away as you seem to think.

Are you saying Thor is unbeatable? Thor hammer was only following him because he summoned it. If it's in his hand there is no need tofollow him. And second, Thor was given his godhood back in when he was brought back. He can't just evade death altogether.

I agree Thor can break out but it will not be right away and that would give Hal enough time to do away with him via BFR. They really haven't shown Thor's power in the movies. He really isn't my favorite hero. I just think he is really getting lowball in this thread.

I do not know why you feel it would take time for him to break free when you already admitted that GL never face anyone as strong as Thor in terms of brute strength and power.

I am not saying Thor is unbeatable but his power lies in his hammer. Unless you can put his hammer down which I see only few people being able to do or do the others things I mentioned in my previous post, I do not see how you can beat him.

As for summoning his hammer, I will check again but didn't his hammer get knock away from Thor in part two and it kept trying to get back to him?

Either way I really do not have that much more of an argument for Thor since his movie feats aren't that impressive.

Kotor3
I really shouldn't be arguing for Thor after Ultron had him in a choke hold. So I concede on this one.

Time-Immemorial
GL in a forum fight slaughters most, just like Sebastian Shaw does. Thats just he way it is.

Robtard
Exactly, in the 'Shaw Vs The Avengers' thread I made after X-Men: First Class was released years ago, Shaw massacred the team. It was glorious.

FrothByte
I'm sure it would work if he didn't hit it yes. But if he broke it on the way to the sun, what's stopping GL from doing it again and again until they reached it? Clearly a box that is moving quickly is difficult for Thor to actually hit. Hal can get the job done with minimal attempts

I think the problem I have in this scenario is that I don't think GL is fast enough on the draw to incapacitate 3 opponents of this caliber and at the same time protecting himself from any attacks they might launch at him.

GL may be able to achieve FTL speeds during flight but he wasn't a speedster by any means. And while I do see him easily creating a box around either Thor, Hulk or IM, I don't see him being able to create or maintain all three at the same time.

juggerman
I think the problem I have in this scenario is that I don't think GL is fast enough on the draw to incapacitate 3 opponents of this caliber and at the same time protecting himself from any attacks they might launch at him.

GL may be able to achieve FTL speeds during flight but he wasn't a speedster by any means. And while I do see him easily creating a box around either Thor, Hulk or IM, I don't see him being able to create or maintain all three at the same time.

He created and maintains two fully functioning jets with harnesses at the same time. Boxes would be easy

BruceSkywalker
I didn't bring up the gun to say it would hurt Hulk, I brought it up to show you that your idea that he can't make a simple box when he has created thing far more complex is asinine.

It is true. Why won't he? He's much faster than Hulk

doubtful

hulk and thor can survive outer space anyway....

juggerman
doubtful

And you have proof of both Hulk and Thor from the MCU surviving in space?

Time-Immemorial
doubtful

Hulk 2003 they took him high into the atmosphere and suffocated him till he passed out. Space is a no go, hell even iron man can't survive that high or in space as we have seen.

Silent Master
He created and maintains two fully functioning jets with harnesses at the same time. Boxes would be easy

Around the same target, that is not the same as making boxes around three different moving targets while dodging attacks.

juggerman
Around the same target, that is not the same as making boxes around three different moving targets while dodging attacks.

One giant box?

FrothByte

Yeah but those jets weren't fighting him. I don't doubt GL has the power, I just don't think he has the speed and skill to box all three without getting hit himself, because a hit from Thor or Hulk, heck even a missile from IM is going to at least knock him down and disorient him.

Besides, let's assume that GL's first instinct is to box his opponents. It would also be fair that the Avengers first instinct is to attack, which means a lightning or hammer throw from Thor, a repulsor blast or missiles from Tony, and probably a leaping smash from Hulk. Sure GL might catch them in a box but then he'd also get hit in the process. And I see the Avengers surviving the box more than GL surviving the other hits.

Silent Master
One giant box?

They could easily be hundreds of yards away from each other, so you're arguing that Hal is going to create a box that is thousands or millions of sq feet in size?

Quincy
They could easily be hundreds of yards away from each other, so you're arguing that Hal is going to create a box that is thousands or millions of sq feet in size?

Yes.

Silent Master
Yes.

I don't recall him ever making a construct of that size during the movie nor could I find one on youtube, could you post the clip?

Adam Grimes
What keeps Hal from making multiple boxes?

I mean, I haven't seen the movie but was he mentally disabled or something?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

It was a live action movie and the CGI was fairly limited.

Quincy
I don't recall him ever making a construct of that size during the movie nor could I find one on youtube, could you post the clip?

Here you go

http://media.giphy.com/media/g9WDqntB5gYO4/giphy.gif

FrothByte
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

As was previously mentioned, yes he can create multiple boxes. But does he have the speed and skill to create multiple boxes around 3 strong and fairly fast moving targets while at the same time not getting hit himself?

And then once he's created the boxes can his boxes withstand getting pounded on by those inside?

Robtard
If SHIELD can design a box of shorts to contain the Hulk, I'm guessing Hal can too. Granted, he'll probably make it look like a giant pirate's treasure chest, since he's a goofy bastard.

Unless you want to argue that SHIELD tech > a GL ring's power?

FrothByte
Oh I'm sure he can create the box. Just don't see him doing it fast enough to enclose all 3 combatants while avoiding getting hit by whatever attacks they throw at him.

Robtard
He'd just box the attacks

FrothByte
Box lightning and repulsor blasts?

Robtard
Yup, Hal will create the inside of the box to be mirrors. /imagination

FrothByte
Awesome idea. Not sure he'd think of that during the actual battle. At least not right off.

BruceSkywalker
And you have proof of both Hulk and Thor from the MCU surviving in space?

well since you giving hal assumptions so the frack can I??

you do remember we see the avengers spaceship in outerspace when Cap says "Jarvis what's the view up there?" we also see Thor take an injured hawkeye and fly up and away....

so please me why the frack not should I believe that they cannot survive outerspace?

again also what is Hal's defense fighting against a team that will fight together..

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Hulk 2003 they took him high into the atmosphere and suffocated him till he passed out. Space is a no go, hell even iron man can't survive that high or in space as we have seen.

so.. exactly how will suffocate Hulk? give me something that Hal showed he could??? beside he isn;t getting the chance... As for Stark, i guess you giving some shiite here, as a wormhole and outerspace are two different things...

juggerman
well since you giving hal assumptions so the frack can I??

you do remember we see the avengers spaceship in outerspace when Cap says "Jarvis what's the view up there?" we also see Thor take an injured hawkeye and fly up and away....

so please me why the frack not should I believe that they cannot survive outerspace?

again also what is Hal's defense fighting against a team that will fight together..

The assumptions I made actually make sense. "He created things that were very complex so he can logically create things less complex"

You on the other hand are pulling stuff out of your ass here. Yes Thor brought HE back to the ship but the ship was not in space. It was flying within Earth's atmosphere. The only Avenger we've seen in space was Ironman and he didn't last long at all.

You can believe whatever you want. That's your right. However since you have no proof or evidence whatsoever backing your claim, you cannot debate it effectively. Simple

Hal's imagination is his limit. He can fight them all sorts of ways

juggerman

They could also be much closer together

juggerman
Yeah but those jets weren't fighting him. I don't doubt GL has the power, I just don't think he has the speed and skill to box all three without getting hit himself, because a hit from Thor or Hulk, heck even a missile from IM is going to at least knock him down and disorient him.

Besides, let's assume that GL's first instinct is to box his opponents. It would also be fair that the Avengers first instinct is to attack, which means a lightning or hammer throw from Thor, a repulsor blast or missiles from Tony, and probably a leaping smash from Hulk. Sure GL might catch them in a box but then he'd also get hit in the process. And I see the Avengers surviving the box more than GL surviving the other hits.

I wasn't assuming it would be Hal first move, just that it would be a win if he did it. He would probably throw giant green fists too. Did he creat a missle in the movie or am I just remembering a move from Injustice?

juggerman
Originally posted by Robtard
If SHIELD can design a box of shorts to contain the Hulk, I'm guessing Hal can too. Granted, he'll probably make it look like a giant pirate's treasure chest, since he's a goofy bastard.

Unless you want to argue that SHIELD tech > a GL ring's power?

Good point thumb up

Khazra Reborn
I haven't seen Green Lantern since it came out, but I don't remember anything that would get him a win against Thor, never mind all of these guys.

juggerman
Mini sun

Silent Master
Hal never created a mini-sun, IIRC that was Kilowog

juggerman
Very true but not doing something isn't the same as not being able to.

His ring is only limited by his imagination. And fear..... And battery life....

Ok well assuming he has a full charge and is not crapping his pants, we can rightly come to the conclusion that he can create anything he can think of with his power ring. We and also come to the conclusion he can think of the mini sun seeing as how he has seen it done up close. No real reason he can't imo

Silent Master
Not all Lanterns are the same, just because one can do it doesn't mean that they all can and Hal has no feats that even come close to the mini-sun.

juggerman
It was established he can create anything he can imagine. He can imagine what he has seen. There is absolutely no reason he cannot do it.

Khazra Reborn
For real? I don't remember any of that shit. All I remember him doing is making giant fists and baseball bats and stuff.

juggerman
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
For real? I don't remember any of that shit. All I remember him doing is making giant fists and baseball bats and stuff.

Just off the top of my head I know he made fists, a race car and track combo, jets, a sword, a shield and a big gun

EDIT: He also flipped off his best friend. What a jerk

Mindset
It was established he can create anything he can imagine. He can imagine what he has seen. There is absolutely no reason he cannot do it. He never made anything close to as impressive as that iirc.

juggerman
Originally posted by Mindset
He never made anything close to as impressive as that iirc.

His powerset is to create anything he can imagine. No reason at all he can't when he can clearly imagine it after seeing it done

Mindset
His powerset is to create anything he can imagine. No reason at all he can't when he can clearly imagine it after seeing it done Not really true.

It takes skill and willpower too, or else he would never have needed training.

I'm sure he could imagine a universe destroying gun, doesn't mean he could make it.

juggerman
Not really true.

It takes skill and willpower too, or else he would never have needed training.

I'm sure he could imagine a universe destroying gun, doesn't mean he could make it.

He needed training to control it. Now that he can, he can create what he can think of.

A universe destroying gun would be out of the range of his power. Not the gun itself but the power output would be beyond the ring's power to make. Mini sun isn't

Silent Master
It was established he can create anything he can imagine. He can imagine what he has seen. There is absolutely no reason he cannot do it.

So you're arguing that he could also create a bomb that could destroy the galaxy or cause a sun to go supernova?

Mindset
He needed training to control it. Now that he can, he can create what he can think of.

A universe destroying gun would be out of the range of his power. Not the gun itself but the power output would be beyond the ring's power to make. Mini sun isn't I don't remember the ring showing it had a limit and imaginations are limitless!

juggerman
So you're arguing that he could also create a bomb that could destroy the galaxy or cause a sun to go supernova?

If he had the power behind it yes. Unfortunately the ring's charge is finite and there for he doesn't have the power output to do things on that scale. Mini sun is different

juggerman
I don't remember the ring showing it had a limit and imaginations are limitless!

The ring does have limits and I've stated so earlier. It's limits are the charge, fear, and imagination. Once trained of course.

Imaginations are also not limitless. But again, why could he not imagine something he already saw? He's not trying to create a new color or anything his mind might not be able to conceive

Silent Master
He's seen planets, does that mean he can create a planet sized construct?

juggerman
He's seen planets, does that mean he can create a planet sized construct?

Not sure. That might but too much power for the ring charge, but if it wasn't, yes he could. But we aren't talking about planet sized objects here. Mini sun is well within his ring's power to create

Silent Master
So the person using the ring has no effect in what the ring can do(power wise)?

juggerman
So the person using the ring has no effect in what the ring can do(power wise)?

Nothing in the film has stated so.

Genesis-Soldier
i havent seen the green lantern movie smile

Robtard
Hal creating a mini-sun isn't really using his imagination, he's just copying what he's already seen and experienced. Arguing that Hal can't be the equivalent of a tracer is silly.

FrothByte
It's kinda hard to be inaginative when you're in the middle of a fight. Every professional fighter knows that in the middle of a fight majority of your moves will be delivered by muscle memory as you won't have time to really plan each attack.

When you have fighters as strong and fast as Thor, Hulk or IM hammering on GL he'll plmost likely create things most familiar to him (giant fists, cars, guns, etc). Sure he might be able to make a mini sun but I doubt he'll instinctively do it. And as far as I know Hal has never fought multiple superpowered opponents before, pretty different from fighting just 1.

BruceSkywalker
The assumptions I made actually make sense. "He created things that were very complex so he can logically create things less complex"

You on the other hand are pulling stuff out of your ass here. Yes Thor brought HE back to the ship but the ship was not in space. It was flying within Earth's atmosphere. The only Avenger we've seen in space was Ironman and he didn't last long at all.

You can believe whatever you want. That's your right. However since you have no proof or evidence whatsoever backing your claim, you cannot debate it effectively. Simple

Hal's imagination is his limit. He can fight them all sorts of ways

please your assumptions do not make sense as you need to have evidence.. so where the frack is this evidence.. it amazes me how you want me to provide some type of evidence yet you yourself HAVE NONE... you do know it goes both ways. at least i gave an an example of how i think they survive outer space, while you are pulling shiite out of your ass...

so another person saying a wormhole and outerspace is the same.. PROVE THAT RIGHT THE FRACK NOW?????

I can to debate that whether you like it or not IDGAF .. You can make assumptions and are not even backing it up with ONSCREEN EVIDENCE yet are crying like a river of ignorance when i am asking for you to back up your claim.. give me a god damn fracking break..

lmao at Hal having a limitless imagination when we are going by what the frack we have seen.. so then tell me how the frack is hal standing up to thor's lightning or being whacked upside from mjolnir?????

Very true but not doing something isn't the same as not being able to.

His ring is only limited by his imagination. And fear..... And battery life....

Ok well assuming he has a full charge and is not crapping his pants, we can rightly come to the conclusion that he can create anything he can think of with his power ring. We and also come to the conclusion he can think of the mini sun seeing as how he has seen it done up close. No real reason he can't imo

stop assuming shit and give some damn evidence..

otherwise Imp can make a rule saying we all can assume shit and give these characters feats they didn't even do.. oh wait that is what you are doing..

once again there is not a damn thing in Green Lantern that says Hal wins here.. Hal's constructs were weakshiitesauce and hold no candle to what stark, hulk and thor can do here..

Not all Lanterns are the same, just because one can do it doesn't mean that they all can and Hal has no feats that even come close to the mini-sun.

exactly

juggerman

Kotor3
This thread is evidence of how poorly Thor's power has been displayed on film.

juggerman
Nah man, comicbook Avangers would go down just as easily evil face

juggerman
Hmmm interesting thought: Can Hal lift the hammer if he creates a willpower hand or maybe even a robot? This is because if Vision could maybe Hal's creation could as well

FrothByte
Hmmm interesting thought: Can Hal lift the hammer if he creates a willpower hand or maybe even a robot? This is because if Vision could maybe Hal's creation could as well

Nah, Hal's constructs are still driven by his will power and his intentions. I doubt Hal is worthy so his constructs probably aren't as well.

Silent Master
Given that people were unable to move Mjolnir in the first movie, even when they weren't directly touching it, I'd say Hal's constructs have zero chance of lifting it.

FrothByte
Even Stan Lee with his truck couldn't budge it...

juggerman
Oh right. Forgot about the truck

BruceSkywalker

Mindset
Hmmm interesting thought: Can Hal lift the hammer if he creates a willpower hand or maybe even a robot? This is because if Vision could maybe Hal's creation could as well Hal can make his own mjolnir, I'm sure he can imagine it, right?

Kotor3
Truthfully, more I thank about this the more this fight does not go in favor of Thor.

In the first Avengers when Thor was held in that box made for the Hulk, he should have been able to fly and keep the box from falling. The crash should have done nothing to him if it did crash and he should have been able to break through at any time.

Instead we had a Thor being thrown around and barely escaping through glass what seem to be death for him. Avengers being a good movie covers over those ridiculous feats they gave Thor in the movies.

Stigma
Truthfully, more I thank about this the more this fight does not go in favor of Thor.

In the first Avengers when Thor was held in that box made for the Hulk, he should have been able to fly and keep the box from falling. The crash should have done nothing to him if it did crash and he should have been able to break through at any time.

Instead we had a Thor being thrown around and barely escaping through glass what seem to be death for him. Avengers being a good movie covers over those ridiculous feats they gave Thor in the movies.
TBH I don't see your point.

The box was designed to contain Hulk, who is portrayed to be equal/slightly superior to Thor in strength in the movie continuity. No wonder it contained Thor too.

Secondly, I don't think if he hit the ground in the box it would have killed him tbh. Thor did survive Bifrost explosion and the city explosion in AoU. The escape from the box seemed to be adding tension and dramatic effect.

Quincy
Bruce you are losing it

Impediment
I've been asked to make a ruling.

Refer to the MVF Golden Rule about on screen feats. If it didn't happen on screen, it isn't allowable for a thread discussion. This rule has saved many a pages of heaving bullshit back & forth.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Stigma
TBH I don't see your point.

The box was designed to contain Hulk, who is portrayed to be equal/slightly superior to Thor in strength in the movie continuity. No wonder it contained Thor too.

Secondly, I don't think if he hit the ground in the box it would have killed him tbh. Thor did survive Bifrost explosion and the city explosion in AoU. The escape from the box seemed to be adding tension and dramatic effect. So was the box that Stark designed in Avengers Two and the Hulk escape that pretty easy.

The point is no one truly knows the extent of the Hulk's strength or that of Thor. So the box was designed yes with what they thought could contain the Hulk. It is not like Bruce Banner designed the box himself.

As I stated previously Thor can fly. He really was in no danger and should not have been displayed as being in any danger. They are not consistent with Thor in the way he is displayed.

Thor being part of the Avengers should be the same as Superman being part of the Justice League, it should make the Avengers almost invincible. That is not how they display Thor in movies.

juggerman
for some reason kmc is fracking up oh well.. anyway...

there is no evidence in the movie, if so where, fine the scene(s) on youtube.. you are the one who is dumb... just because Hal can create things HE STILL HAS GOT TO BE SHOWN TO CREATE THEM AND THEN USE THEM so please once again find the MFin scene(s) on youtube.. lmfao @you.. you should have realized I was making fun of you when you said you can assume.. well guess the frack what son I can assume shit too deal with it, but yes Hulk thunderclap is in play i do believe so Hal goes bye bye several feet away..

I can grasp every god damn mfin point.. you are the one that do not know what a wormhole is?? and clearly as i have watched avengers 10 or more times clearly a wormhole and outer space are not the same..

this is from space.com concerning what a wormhole actually ius, hope you know how to read... http://www.space.com/20881-wormholes.html

please what onscreen evidence,.. All you doing is guess what and assumption and then crying because you seem to think that by assuming shit you do not have to prove it.. so once again grasp this ,,... Prove that Hal can create what you are assuming since well you know Hal was never ever shown too.. Do we not still go by onscreen feats or are you another quan????

why the frack do you think i used common sense when i said that thor, iron man and hulk can survive outer space since we were clearly shown in age of ultron the avenger spaceship in well that what we call outer space.. so please tell how exactly did they go from outer space to the outskirts of Strucker's hideout?? I truly, truly hope you have a valid reason...

Let what go?? you have given no evidence.. so again stop assuming and give some actual evidence based on what you saw in Green Lantern

I've no idea, you the one who likes to make assumptions and then claim I am the only one who can.... remember you are not the only person who can assumptions... also remember to give some facts from the film which you have not...

once again tell me how exactly will hal defend against being hit by mjolnir ? how does hal defend agaisnt thor's lightning? being one shotted by hulk, unless you gonna claim he didn't one shot the leviathan???

I have watched the film.. It was shit... i remember all of Hal's feats and none can stop Thor's hammer or lightning.. Nor can Hal's constructs stop Hulk...

Ok this is just too much stupidity for me to handle right now. Please bear with me since I can only deal with a limited amount of ignorance at any given time.

Let's focus now on your clear misunderstanding of how a wormhole works. Did you see X-Men days of Future Past? In it you see Blink opening up portals and once you step thru the portal, you are somewhere else entirely. That is exactluy how the wormhole(or portal) worked in Avengers. The two openings were on Earth and deep in space. If you went into it from one end, you were let out on the other end. It's this way is several other forms of media as well in case you didn't see DoFP btw.

Any way the point is, you seem to be under the impression that the army was waiting within some pocket dimension within the wormhole and that's where Tony went. This is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. They even say in the movie that it opens a portal to the other side of space. That's not a direct quote mind you.

Here is a description from the wiki in case you'd like to look for yourself:

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Tesseract

As you can see it opens gateways! That particular gateway was to an area in SPACE where the army was waiting to invade.

You're welcome

BruceSkywalker
Ok this is just too much stupidity for me to handle right now. Please bear with me since I can only deal with a limited amount of ignorance at any given time.

Let's focus now on your clear misunderstanding of how a wormhole works. Did you see X-Men days of Future Past? In it you see Blink opening up portals and once you step thru the portal, you are somewhere else entirely. That is exactluy how the wormhole(or portal) worked in Avengers. The two openings were on Earth and deep in space. If you went into it from one end, you were let out on the other end. It's this way is several other forms of media as well in case you didn't see DoFP btw.

Any way the point is, you seem to be under the impression that the army was waiting within some pocket dimension within the wormhole and that's where Tony went. This is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. They even say in the movie that it opens a portal to the other side of space. That's not a direct quote mind you.

Here is a description from the wiki in case you'd like to look for yourself:

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Tesseract

As you can see it opens gateways! That particular gateway was to an area in SPACE where the army was waiting to invade.

You're welcome

i know exactly how wormholes work .. you have been the one who has stated that wormholes and outer space are one and the same

anyway i am done.. we just have to agree to disagree because this thread shouldn't have to go 50 million pages...

this is my last post for a little bit lol.. off to play batman arkham knight

juggerman
i know exactly how wormholes work .. you have been the one who has stated that wormholes and outer space are one and the same

anyway i am done.. we just have to agree to disagree because this thread shouldn't have to go 50 million pages...

this is my last post for a little bit lol.. off to play batman arkham knight

You clearly don't. I never said they were the same. The wormhole led to space. Wormhole=portal and space was on the other end.

We can agree to disagree thumb up

Have fun!

Quincy
It was a wormhole to space though, let's be real.

juggerman
Exactly

juggerman
Sorry to bump this since nobody had fun here but I was searching thru the guide on tv yesterday and my son saw that Green Lantern was on. Normally I would shatter his hopes since the movie was atrocious but he wasn't feeling very well so I decided to be nice and put it on. SOOOOOO BAAADDDDDD!!!

But I did realise I forgot a ton of GL feats. The man created a fully functional flamethrower that shot actual flames. Not like green willpower flames. Real freaking flames. That means he was able to not only make the weapon so accurately that it worked as it should, but he was also able to "will" chemicals into existance that were combustable.

Same with the jets. They had actual flames shooting out. The implications of that are crazy. And the flames were in space!!! He also saved Amanda Waller by creating water and wooshing her out of the room like a water slide. It was nuts. So GL has the option of drowning Avengers, creating complex chemicals to burn them up or blow them up.

And finally, the explanation in the film for how his power works was that he could create ANYTHING he could think of. Meaning mini sun is a viable option.

Sorry again for the bump but I had to suffer thur this film so I need to spread the pain

Quincy
Well damn, thanks for taking that bullet for us

Time-Immemorial
Sorry to bump this since nobody had fun here but I was searching thru the guide on tv yesterday and my son saw that Green Lantern was on. Normally I would shatter his hopes since the movie was atrocious but he wasn't feeling very well so I decided to be nice and put it on. SOOOOOO BAAADDDDDD!!!

But I did realise I forgot a ton of GL feats. The man created a fully functional flamethrower that shot actual flames. Not like green willpower flames. Real freaking flames. That means he was able to not only make the weapon so accurately that it worked as it should, but he was also able to "will" chemicals into existance that were combustable.

Same with the jets. They had actual flames shooting out. The implications of that are crazy. And the flames were in space!!! He also saved Amanda Waller by creating water and wooshing her out of the room like a water slide. It was nuts. So GL has the option of drowning Avengers, creating complex chemicals to burn them up or blow them up.

And finally, the explanation in the film for how his power works was that he could create ANYTHING he could think of. Meaning mini sun is a viable option.

Sorry again for the bump but I had to suffer thur this film so I need to spread the pain

Well said and great post.

FrothByte

Wow, I hate that movie even more now. They made him up to be like the Mask. Anyway, I think my original stance hasn't changed. It would boil down to who's quicker on the draw. Would GL be able to incapacitate all of the Avengers before he gets a repulsor blast, lightning or mjolnir hit to the face?

Oh by the way, what durability feats did GL have in the film again? I'm trying to figure out if he's durable enough to tank shots from the Avengers.

Quincy
Well we know he can survive orbital entry/re-entry

juggerman
Wow, I hate that movie even more now. They made him up to be like the Mask. Anyway, I think my original stance hasn't changed. It would boil down to who's quicker on the draw. Would GL be able to incapacitate all of the Avengers before he gets a repulsor blast, lightning or mjolnir hit to the face?

Oh by the way, what durability feats did GL have in the film again? I'm trying to figure out if he's durable enough to tank shots from the Avengers.

His best feat was probably hitting an asteroid as he was flying thru space as it has been speculated he was moving a ftl speeds.

Skip to 2:15:

tGCIhU_oC5w

But the clip has several other goofy things he can pull out of his ass on the fly

FrothByte
Ah, well then I guess that answers my question. Pretty sure he can tank a few hits from the Avengers. Not sure how much but it should give him a bit of margin for error.

I don't know, I'm somewhat undecided on this match. GL definitely has the raw power to take out the Avengers, I'm just not convinced he can take them on simultaneously. I don't recall him taking out multiple superpowered opponents at the same time, all of whom are capable of putting a hurt on him with a single hit.

Time-Immemorial
Hes got the raw power and the limitless capability to do anything he choses.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Hes got the raw power and the limitless capability to do anything he choses.

Yes but he might not have the speed, reflexes nor fighting skill to allow him to incapacitate all his opponents before he gets clobbered. All the limitless power in the world is useless if you're seeing stars after getting hit in the face.

I'm not saying that's what will happen to him but it's definitely a possibility. GL just hasn't displayed the capability to handle multiple super powered opponents at the same time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.