SoR Revan, FE Malgus and HoT run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Top dogs of the TOR era run a gauntlet.

They are all at their peak. All others are also at their peak, unless specified otherwise.

Setting: Tatooine

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

1. DoE Bane, Zannah and Kas'im
2. Durron, Jaina and Katarn
3. Krayt Reborn, Cade and Wyyrlok
4. Dooku, Mace and SoD Maul
5. RotJ Vader, Starkiller and TFU Shaak Ti
6. Plagueis, Tenebrous and Venamis
7. DE Sidious

EmperorSidious2
I'm not sure. 4 could provide a challenge to where they stop there. If they don't stop there 6 might stop them. They definitely don't get passed DE Sidious.

Nephthys

carthage
6 or 7

Sinious
I'd say 7.

Originally posted by carthage
6 or 7

I'm beginning to like you more with each day.

Nephthys
Do they get rest btw?

Stigma
Yeah. They get full rest after each battle.

So Neph, why do you think they fall at #1?

I mean who do you think is the deciding factor there, coz Revan and Malgus together is some serious Force power to deal with and I don't think I see Kas'im beating any of his opponents tbh.

Nephthys
Well obviously Zannah beats Revan and Bane beats Malgus. And vice versa. The HoT is much better than Kas'im but Kas'im is still good enough to last a decent amount of time. I suppose they might clear if she beats him before either of the other two fights finish but eh, the majority of team Bane is better.

Stigma
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well obviously Zannah beats Revan and Bane beats Malgus. And vice versa.
So you mean Revan can beat Zannah and Malgus can beat Bane also?

The HoT is much better than Kas'im but Kas'im is still good enough to last a decent amount of time. I suppose they might clear if she beats him before either of the other two fights finish but eh, the majority of team Bane is better.
I see.

Yeah, but what if HoT goes up against Zannah or Bane. He's good enough to stall them while Revan/Malgus dominate Kas'im with the Force.

carthage
Anyone ln team 1 would slaughter Kas'im in seconds, Revan alone could hold off either of them with telekinesis

Sinious
Well obviously Zannah beats Revan

erm

S_W_LeGenD
Team clears

LadyKulvax
If not 4 then 5.

carthage
I'd have said 5 as well, but Hero is probably better than Shaak.

Malgus or Revan can kill Mace with the force in 4, assuming they survive a duel that is.

LadyKulvax
Starkiller is the most powerful in that particular fight and Vader is the best duelist, meanwhile Ti should hold her own. Really 5 is too strong in two areas.

Nephthys
Revan can take Starkiller, Malgus is equal to or better than Vader and the Hero can beat Shaak Ti.

Revan can handle Marek's lightning and TK and can last in a duel against him well enough to win.

Malgus is basically Vader with lightning and without being crippled, but with less skill accolades and maybe worse strength.

And the Hero is stronger than Shaak Ti and more powerful overall.

LadyKulvax
Starkiller TKs frigates whilst tanking starship engines in orbit and is a miles better duelist than Revan. Vader is a better duelist than Malgus and is not overly outmatched in the Force as some believe, if Starkiller can only just defeat him despite his own vast powers then Malgus isn't accomplishing better or even the equal of that.

Shaak Ti is more than able to hold her own against HoT.

carthage
Vader has vastly superior telekinesis, skill, and physical strength to Malgus. But Ti just seems like a weak link to me, and would lose to any of the three for a majority. Shaak would lose faster to Hero due to being less skilled as a duelist, whereas, Vader/Malgus Revan/SK are all very close fights.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by LadyKulvax
Starkiller TKs frigates whilst tanking starship engines in orbit and is a miles better duelist than Revan.
Is a miles better duelist then Revan? Based on what?

Starkiller is not unique at using his powers to influence movement of a Starship. Tulak Hord, Darth Nihilus and Darth Jadus have similar showings. To be honest, this is not a good argument. Starkiller's showings in this respect meant squat in a duel against Darth Vader.

Vader is a better duelist than Malgus and is not overly outmatched in the Force as some believe,
Vader is better duelist based on what?

if Starkiller can only just defeat him despite his own vast powers then Malgus isn't accomplishing better or even the equal of that.
Darth Malgus can realistically defeat any member of Team 2.

Based on?

Hero of Tython have much superior accomplishments then Shaak Ti and is a prodigy with a lightsaber.

Nephthys
Starkiller TKs frigates whilst tanking starship engines in orbit and is a miles better duelist than Revan. Vader is a better duelist than Malgus and is not overly outmatched in the Force as some believe, if Starkiller can only just defeat him despite his own vast powers then Malgus isn't accomplishing better or even the equal of that.

Revan TK's 4 powerful Force users at once, Starkiller had trouble with a single shadow guard. His feats are overexaggerated, he's probably only about Maul level. And Revan can reflect his lightning back at him easily and has numerous Force powers Marek doesn't.

Vader isn't outmatched, but Malgus' lightning is a decent advantage that gives him the win imo. It'll be enough to weaken Vader enough to beat him.

carthage
Yeah, disintegrating a frigate with heat comparable to the outer layers of a star is ****ing miles ahead of anything Malgus has done in the force dude. Vader alone has crumpled TIE fighters mid flight, disintegrated Lyleks, manipulated freighters, collapsed massive platforms, melted durasteel/blown a hole through it, collapsed massive mining platforms, collapsed Wookie huts off a Wroshyr tree, etc. Malgus is less powerful than either of them, and less skilled than Vader overall.

I agree he'd lose a duel to Malgus, but he could overwhelm him with telekinesis once he realizes he'll fall in a duel.

S_W_LeGenD
Yeah, disintegrating a frigate with heat comparable to the outer layers of a star is ****ing miles ahead of anything Malgus has done in the force dude. Vader alone has crumpled TIE fighters mid flight, disintegrated Lyleks, manipulated freighters, collapsed massive platforms, melted durasteel/blown a hole through it, collapsed massive mining platforms, collapsed Wookie huts off a Wroshyr tree, etc. Malgus is less powerful than either of them, and less skilled than Vader overall.

I agree he'd lose a duel to Malgus, but he could overwhelm him with telekinesis once he realizes he'll fall in a duel.
Darth Malgus once destroyed a squadron of Republic starfighters (mid-flight) with a raw burst of energy. Malgus have destroyed large structures on numerous occasions as well. Malgus's battlefield feats are believed to be unparalleled by Darth Sidious.

Beniboybling
Doesn't take a genius to work out that is not as impressive.

Nephthys
Malgus massively increased in power after that though.

carthage
Its actually highly impressive that Malgus could do that before his prime, but he overloaded the fuel canisters and that's what caused them to be destroyed. But those are a few ships compared to a massive Star destroyer. They aren't really comparable.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Doesn't take a genius to work out that is not as impressive.
Destroying a squadron of Republic Starfighters mid-flight > anything Darth Vader have in his resume.

Defeating a Jedi Master who had the raw power to collapse two buildings simultaneously > anything Darth Vader have in his resume.

Was Darth Sidious an idiot to believe that Malgus had unparalleled battlefield feats?

carthage
So overloading fuel canisters (which then causes the ships to blow up) is more impressive than reducing massive insects to bloody mist whose whose hides are thicker/more powerful than armor and melting a hole through a wall of solid durasteel/melting durasteel? Lol.

S_W_LeGenD
So overloading fuel canisters (which then causes the ships to blow up) is more impressive than reducing massive insects whose whose hides are thicker/more powerful than armor and melting a hole through a wall of solid durasteel/melting durasteel? Lol.
Insects have hides tougher then armor of Starships? Based on what?

Strictly feats-based arguments will get you nowhere. How many times have I mentioned that Malgus defeated a Jedi Master who had the raw power to collapse two buildings simultaneously? Have Vader ever managed to collapse two buildings simultaneously?

Was Darth Sidious an idiot to believe that Malgus had unparalleled battlefield feats?

Malgus also have Force Maelstrom. What can Vader do to counter this power?

Beniboybling
Malgus massively increased in power after that though. "Massively".

I think people overhype the fact that FE Malgus caused the protags to twitch under his lightning.

Trocity
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Destroying a squadron of Republic Starfighters mid-flight > anything Darth Vader have in his resume.

Defeating a Jedi Master who had the raw power to collapse two buildings simultaneously > anything Darth Vader have in his resume.

I loled

Beniboybling
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Destroying a squadron of Republic Starfighters mid-flight > anything Darth Vader have in his resume.Aside from I don't know, crushing a group of TIE fighters in mid flight... heck, Vader has even dismantled fighters in mid flight, while himself flying - and those are his low tier feats.
In the respect that is proves? All that demonstrates is that Malgus is superior to them, Vader is evidently superior also.
Your assuming that source is dated after Vader's most impressive showings, when in fact it is implied to be very early on in his rule far before Vader's prime.

carthage
"Massively".

I think people overhype the fact that FE Malgus caused the protags to twitch under his lightning.

He also sent them flying tbf, and choked them if you consider scripted events canon. Granted, they may or may not have had their force barrier up when he downed them with lightning/TK

Nephthys
"Massively".

I'm talking about Decieved. Malgus goes from being as strong as Leneer to almost casually one-shotting her. That's a huge boost. He also likely improved significantly both in the war between that starfighter feat and Decieved and after the war until his death.

Stigma
Starkiller > Vader > Revan > Malgus in Force power

Vader > Malgus > Starkiller > Revan in dueling skills

Beniboybling
He also sent them flying tbf, and choked them if you consider scripted events canon. Granted, they may or may not have had their force barrier up when he downed them with lightning/TK Yoda sent Sidious flying too, its important to remember that passive Force barriers defend against the Force, not kinetic energy. Unless you have the forethought to use the Force to ground yourself.

And that's my point about lightning, I mean if your struck by powerful lightning and don't properly defend yourself, prepare to spasm.Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm talking about Decieved. Malgus goes from being as strong as Leneer to almost casually one-shotting her. That's a huge boost. He also likely improved significantly both in the war between that starfighter feat and Decieved and after the war until his death. Ah OK, fair enough. But on what basis are you claiming Malgus was Leener level?

S_W_LeGenD
"Massively".

Twitch?

Protagonists were rendered immobile and were down on their knees writhing with pain. More importantly, Malgus subjected the protagonists to his Force Lightning for a short period. Malgus craved satisfaction of a lightsaber kill instead.

Malgus also dominated the protagonists with his telekinetic powers. During the course of the duel, Malgus immobilized 3 protagonist simultaneously with his telekinetic powers, and forced duel on a single protagonist.

To be honest, this duel felt like a game-play mechanic rather then Malgus really trying to win.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
I loled
The best you can do is just troll.

Nephthys
Ah OK, fair enough. But on what basis are you claiming Malgus was Leener level?

They were fighting pretty equally. Both of them smacked each other around with TK, overpowered their force grips and such.

Most tellingly though, at one point Leneer blocks his lightning while in mid-air and powers straight through it with her lightsaber defense. After Malgus achieves Darkside Enlightenment or whatever he easily blows her lightsabers out of her hands with 1-handed lightning when she tries blocking it.

Stigma
I don't see what LeGenD posted, but I assume it's the usual TORrulezItrollU!!

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Another troll.

Nephthys
True.

LadyKulvax
Team 5 is stronger and more skilled than team TOR, the feats make it clear.

AncientPower
Makes it to 7 and gets solidly trashed, utterly outclassed in every area.

Nephthys
Malgus and HoT > Tenebrous and Venamis imo.

Beniboybling
They were fighting pretty equally. Both of them smacked each other around with TK, overpowered their force grips and such.

Most tellingly though, at one point Leneer blocks his lightning while in mid-air and powers straight through it with her lightsaber defense. After Malgus achieves Darkside Enlightenment or whatever he easily blows her lightsabers out of her hands with 1-handed lightning when she tries blocking it. My point is I thought he only fights her once, so where do they go from stalemate to one shotting?

Unless you're talking about the enlightement thing, which I think was Oneness, if your referring to what I think you are.

Sinious
Its indeed a good fight but while Vader would defeat Malgus, he would fall to Revan. HoT vs Ti will end faster than Malgus vs SK. So the team wins on 2 fronts at least.

Stigma
Originally posted by Sinious
Its indeed a good fight but while Vader would defeat Malgus, he would fall to Revan. HoT vs Ti will end faster than Malgus vs SK. So the team wins on 2 fronts at least.
Vader > Malgus and Starkiller > Revan, tho. TFU Shaak Ti can hold her own against HoT.

Nephthys
My point is I thought he only fights her once, so where do they go from stalemate to one shotting?

Unless you're talking about the enlightement thing, which I think was Oneness, if your referring to what I think you are.

They fight twice. They're pretty even both times, but during the 2nd duel Malgus suddenly figures something out while looking at his unconscious wife and blasts Leneer with an almost casual attack that utter surpasses everything before it. Afterwards he kills his wife because he figured out that he needed to do that to achieve his full potential or something.

Malgus achieves One with teh Darkside status or something yeah, but it's permanent since he still has it weeks later or something.

Sinious
Originally posted by Stigma
Starkiller > Revan, tho. TFU Shaak Ti can hold her own against HoT.

I disagree with both these statements.

Stigma
Starkiller has better force feats, at least at the first glance. It seems thath he's also a better duelist than Revan. Ti is powerful, man.

Sinious
We can have this discussion but before that, don't you agree that Revan vs SK would be an incredible fight? Ti undoubtedly won't go down without a fight but she's not gonna last longer than Malgus or Revan(not that I think he would lose to SK).

Stigma
We can have this discussion but before that, don't you agree that Revan vs SK would be an incredible fight?
Oh, undeniably. I see it as an extremely close fight tbh.
Ti undoubtedly won't go down without a fight but she's not gonna last longer than Malgus or Revan(not that I think he would lose to SK).
Hmm... perhaps you're right.

I need to take a look at this fight once more.

Sinious
thumb up

Beniboybling
Malgus achieves One with teh Darkside status or something yeah, but it's permanent since he still has it weeks later or something. Interesting, wasn't aware of that. That indicates a real increase.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.