Red Matter (Star Trek) vs. Death Star (Star Wars)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Which is more powerful ?

Robtard
-Death Star can destroy a planet with a single blast from a great distance.

-Red Matter has to be drilled down into a planet's core and then deployed that way. (though I do question this, we go off showings)

So when it comes to destroying a planet, the Death Star is more convenient and safer.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
-Death Star can destroy a planet with a single blast from a great distance.

-Red Matter has to be drilled down into a planet's core and then deployed that way. (though I do question this, we go off showings)

So when it comes to destroying a planet, the Death Star is more convenient and safer. What does this have to do with which is more powerful. Do you not understand the words, which is more powerful ?

Robtard
I clearly addressed the thread on point, you're just trying to turn everything into a flame war as per your MO, because you can't intelligently and calmly debate your position. Everyone knows this about you. So best of luck baiting.

quanchi112
I clearly addressed the thread on point, you're just trying to turn everything into a flame war as per your MO, because you can't intelligently and calmly debate your position. Everyone knows this about you. So best of luck baiting. You went onto tell us what is more practical or more convenient which doesn't address the point of the topic at all. Which is more powerful the Death Star or red matter ? That's the point. What's your answer ?

Impediment
Define "powerful". In what aspect and context, I mean.

The Death Star has the ability to destroy an entire planet and has millions of personal that can pilot anything from TIE Fighters to Star Destroyers. Also, those who aren't combat personnel are highly skilled tacticians and scientists who employ vast amounts of knowledge for military conquest.

Red Matter, when activated, creates a black hole that can vary in size depending on the amount of Red Matter used.

I don't know how this is a versus match. You're simply looking for opinions.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
Define "powerful". In what aspect and context, I mean.

The Death Star has the ability to destroy an entire planet and has millions of personal that can pilot anything from TIE Fighters to Star Destroyers. Also, those who aren't combat personnel are highly skilled tacticians and scientists who employ vast amounts of knowledge for military conquest.

Red Matter, when activated, creates a black hole that can vary in size depending on the amount of Red Matter used.

I don't know how this is a versus match. You're simply looking for opinions. It is a versus matchup in terms of greater offensive power. That's how I define more powerful here. I am basing my opinion off feats. I can tell you what I think based off which feats if you want to know.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by quanchi112
It is a versus matchup in terms of greater offensive power. That's how I define more powerful here. I am basing my opinion off feats. I can tell you what I think based off which feats if you want to know.

In other words, your baiting.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
In other words, your baiting. No, I just have my own opinion but am willing to listen others. I'm very open minded. What's your opinion ?

Ps. You should lighten up.

Darkstorm Zero
No, I just have my own opinion but am willing to listen others. I'm very open minded. What's your opinion ?

Everybody already knows your opinion. it's as obvious as this:
http://orig01.deviantart.net/87e6/f/2012/264/a/c/captain_obvious_strikes_again__by_keyblade0-d5fgrzn.png

That said, I think the Death Star and DS2 have the advantage. Don't misunderstand, the ability to create temporary black holes is nice, but the ability to instapop a planet, through planetary shields, from a considerable distance, is simply too much. A torpedo with a red matter warhead, or a bomb of the stuff using transporters is too easily screwed with.

Ps. You should lighten up.

Well, can you at least be sensible?

quanchi112
Everybody already knows your opinion. it's as obvious as this:
http://orig01.deviantart.net/87e6/f/2012/264/a/c/captain_obvious_strikes_again__by_keyblade0-d5fgrzn.png

That said, I think the Death Star and DS2 have the advantage. Don't misunderstand, the ability to create temporary black holes is nice, but the ability to instapop a planet, through planetary shields, from a considerable distance, is simply too much. A torpedo with a red matter warhead, or a bomb of the stuff using transporters is too easily screwed with.

Well, can you at least be sensible? This is about offensive output not what is more effective in combat. I also disagree with you there.

Juk3n
You can control a space better with a deathstar. and allow the planet to function rather than holding a black hole over their heads, and if they call your bluff..a planet is gone, waste for everyone.

Deathstar is the better tool, but red matter can destroy a deathstar so its more powerful, more raw power anyway.

Darkstorm Zero
This is about offensive output not what is more effective in combat. I also disagree with you there.

That is demonstrative of both.

You disagree, hence:

But Ok, Quan, explain.

quanchi112
That is demonstrative of both.

You disagree, hence:

But Ok, Quan, explain. Your pics are not enjoyable or even mildly entertaining.

I'll make it simple even so you can figure it out. What is the most impressive thing each has destroyed on screen ?

Darkstorm Zero
Your pics are not enjoyable or even mildly entertaining.

I disagree. smile

I'll make it simple even so you can figure it out. What is the most impressive thing each has destroyed on screen ?

A planet. no expression

quanchi112
I disagree. smile

A planet. no expression Wrong. Death Star destroyed a planet but the red matters greatest feat was a star that went super nova.

This is why I feel I waste my time because the ignorance surrounding me is appalling.

Impediment
A planet. no expression

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/mototroll_zpsb1uv0tfe.jpg

Impediment
This is why I feel I waste my time because the ignorance surrounding me is appalling.

Nobody's twisting your nipples to be here, precious.

quanchi112
Nobody's twisting your nipples to be here, precious. Kmcers need my guidance and wisdom.

Darkstorm Zero
Wrong. Death Star destroyed a planet but the red matters greatest feat was a star that went super nova.

Wrong. it was theorised by Spock Prime that he could use it to neutralise a Supernova, but he failed. We see only 2 detonations of the red matter, and neither one consumed a Star.

quanchi112
Wrong. it was theorised by Spock Prime that he could use it to neutralise a Supernova, but he failed. We see only 2 detonations of the red matter, and neither one consumed a Star. He failed to save the planet but it stopped the supernova. You didn't even watch the film. You are sickening and quite ignorant. I suggest watching the film before you spoilt nonsense.

It feels so good to expose your ignorance.

Impediment
Wrong. There wasn't a supernova in the Star Trek film.

Vulcan was destroyed and Nero's ship was sucked into the singularity.

Darkstorm Zero
He failed to save the planet but it stopped the supernova. You didn't even watch the film. You are sickening and quite ignorant. I suggest watching the film before you spoilt nonsense.

Except that it didn't. Nero's entire thing is that Spock failed. You want to talk about ignorance...

Vulcan was destroyed and Nero's ship was sucked into the singularity.

Thank you.

quanchi112

Vulcan was destroyed and Nero's ship was sucked into the singularity. Care to bet on it ? You're wrong. This is tasting delicious.

Saying the star never went supernova is flat out wrong. No ifs, and, or buts.

quanchi112
Except that it didn't. Nero's entire thing is that Spock failed. You want to talk about ignorance...

Thank you. Spock failed to save the planet. The star went supernova earlier than expected. The supernova destroyed Romulus.

Impediment
Care to bet on it ? You're wrong.

Show me.

quanchi112
Show me. I am not sure it is on YouTube I can time stamp it in the film. I own it digitally as well as the blu Ray. I just watched it again to verify.

quanchi112
1:17 minutes and 30 seconds in the supernova destroys Romulus.

Impediment
It seems I was incorrect about my assumption.

The star went supernova earlier than expected, destroyed Romulus, and Spock then detonated the Red Matter to absorb the black hole that sucked in his ship as well as Nero's.

There, Quan, I said it. awermm

quanchi112
It seems I was incorrect about my assumption.

The star went supernova earlier than expected, destroyed Romulus, and Spock then detonated the Red Matter to absorb the black hole that sucked in his ship as well as Nero's.

There, Quan, I said it. awermm You are now my Herald. I will send you FORTH to EVERY CORNER OF KMC SPREADING THE GOSPEL OF QUAN.

Impediment
Don't get too cocky.

I've only seen Star Trek twice and I'll admit I was wrong.

You've blundered, too. Remember Khan vs. Jaws?

quanchi112
Don't get too cocky.

I've only seen Star Trek twice and I'll admit I was wrong.

You've blundered, too. Remember Khan vs. Jaws? In which I forgot the name and gave one of the greatest posts in kmc history. You loved that response. I was just kidding. I do agree posters often will move mountains rather than saying I was wrong.

Ps. Didn't you care for the film ?

Impediment
I liked it enough to buy the Blu-ray, yes.

playa1258
Red Matter ftw.

BruceSkywalker
so how about thor being kirk's daddy big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so how about thor being kirk's daddy big grin

George Kirk is a total badass. He's like a mini-McClane of the 23rd century. thumb up

It's also been theorized that John McClane is his great, great, great, great grandfather, from his mother's side. thumb up

Thor's going to be the receptionist in the female-cast Ghostbusters (2016).

quanchi112
George Kirk is a total badass. He's like a mini-McClane of the 23rd century. thumb up

It's also been theorized that John McClane is his great, great, great, great grandfather, from his mother's side. thumb up

Thor's going to be the receptionist in the female-cast Ghostbusters (2016). Calm down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.