Nihilus runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
So...where does the big N. fall?

Setting: Endor

No amp/prep time.

1. Ki-Adi-Mundi
2. Darach
3. Scourge
4. HoT
5. Ulic
6. Dooku
7. RotS Anakin
8. RotJ Vader
9. Krayt Reborn
10. RotS Sidious

Sinious
You never know with Nihilus but if I had to make an assumption, I'd say he stops at 10.

Zampanó
9 might be difficult, but he beats #10

LadyKulvax
5.Ulic Qel-Droma knows drain resistance and resist stun, and has far greater skill and speed.

Sinious

LadyKulvax
Lol.

Stigma
Originally posted by LadyKulvax
5.Ulic Qel-Droma knows drain resistance and resist stun, and has far greater skill and speed.
Good point tbh thumb up

Nephthys
Clear. Ulic's possible resistance doesn't matter when Nihilus can just throttle him. Same with Anakin.

Stigma
But he might not be able to catch up with him. Ulic is faster, so is Anakin tbh.

Nephthys
The Force is faster than either of them.

Stigma
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Force is faster than either of them.
The fu....?

N. won't be able to tag him.

Nephthys
They're not blitzing him.

Stigma
Speed feats for Nihilus?

Nephthys
A being of his immense power can obviously amp his speed up enough to react to those guys. All he needs to do is raise his hand and blast them with TK. Even the B team managed to raise their sabers before Sidious killed them.

LadyKulvax
Clear. Ulic's possible resistance doesn't matter when Nihilus can just throttle him. Same with Anakin.

Nihilus isn't throttling Ulic Qel-Droma, not by a long shot, he isn't Visas Marr.

Ulic has speedblitzed Warb Null and King Ommin and created half a dozen after-images of himself. What does Nihilus have on that in terms of speed feats? I already know the answer but I will give you the chance.

carthage
A being of his immense power can obviously amp his speed up enough to react to those guys. All he needs to do is raise his hand and blast them with TK. Even the B team managed to raise their sabers before Sidious killed them.

You could've just said Nihilus has no speed feats, lol.

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
You could've just said Nihilus has no speed feats, lol.
Yep. thumb up

Ulic speedblitzes.

Nihilus is a glass canon tbh.

Nephthys
Originally posted by LadyKulvax
Nihilus isn't throttling Ulic Qel-Droma, not by a long shot, he isn't Visas Marr.

Ulic has speedblitzed Warb Null and King Ommin and created half a dozen after-images of himself. What does Nihilus have on that in terms of speed feats? I already know the answer but I will give you the chance.

He's no Nihilus either. He has nothing suggesting he can tank Nihilus' TK. Blocking some laser cannon's isn't enough.

Warb Null and Ommin aren't remotely in Nihilus' league in terms of power. Also Ulic only killed Ommin after they guy had already blasted him with the Force. Nihilus isn't going to try dueling Ulic like Null, he's just going to immobilize him like the Exile's party or otherwise kill him with TK.

AncientPower
To 10 before getting obliterated.

Stigma
Nah. He gets speedblizted by Ulic before that happens.

AncientPower
Ulic only knows how to block Dark Reaper effects, assuming the Dark Reaper's drain is at all similar or is anywhere near as powerful as Nihilus' planet busting drain is utter assumption and folly.

carthage
Proof Nihilus's drain would surpass Ulic's/Anakin's resistance?

Nephthys
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ulic only knows how to block Dark Reaper effects, assuming the Dark Reaper's drain is at all similar or is anywhere near as powerful as Nihilus' planet busting drain is utter assumption and folly.

True. And he actually doesn't know how to block it. He merely replenishes his power from the Force as it's drained. There's no proof that would work with Nihilus' drain, which has an element of severing someone from the Force (which Ulic was remember), or that Ulic could replenish his power fast enough to not get fully consumed by Nihilus. Considering Nihilus' drain is much greater in scope and power than the Reaper.

Sinious
thumb up

AncientPower
They can block the Dark Reaper, assuming further is just that, pure assumption. The Dark Reaper is a weapon designed to drain and kill life, Nihilus is a planet busting black hole in the Force whom absorbs everything but wounds in the Force.

To be entirely honest, the idea that an extremely powerful Jedi conclave wouldn't have remembered how to block drain when barely 40 years earlier they stopped the same thing is ridiculous. Clearly Nihilus' draining technique is entirely different from what the DR does.

Nephthys
Nihilus also has a chance at telepathically dominating them as well. Another one of his immense powers.

Based
Originally posted by carthage
Proof Nihilus's drain would surpass Ulic's/Anakin's resistance?

FreshestSlice
Proof that Ulic and Anakin's resistance is strong enough to withstand it?

-How to debate on KMC: Volume 1

ChaosTheory123
Nihilus also has a chance at telepathically dominating them as well. Another one of his immense powers.

Genuinely forget

Did this extend to outside the Ravager? If not, his telepathy feats are kind of wanting given how under populated the thing was :hmm

Also, on the Dark Reaper thing? Having not played the game its in?

Heard something about it taking out most of one of the moon's forests around Kashyyyk?

Not quite world razing, but its not orders of magnitude below it if true :hmm

The Merchant
I thought it took out the Moon.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by The Merchant
I thought it took out the Moon.

Isn't the moon mostly forest?

Not seeing the contradiction :hmm

Fated Xtasy
Yeah, the dark reaper basically destroyed a huge part of the forest, anakin and his gal friend then drove off the separatists off the moon.

That said, I wanna note that I played through the game when I was super young, not even twelve, so I may be wrong on some things

Board Walker
nihilus could fight the entire gauntlet simultaneously and it would be an effortless victory for him.

Nihilus stomps this gauntlet 10/10, that includes stomping Sidious 10/10.

Angelalex242
LOL at anything short of a One stomping Sidious.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Angelalex242

You looks as radiant as Mara Jade did in the cover of sacrifice Angelalex, it must be because you said that embarrasment

Jk, but i totes agree

Stigma
Drain is insubstantial. Ulic speedblitzes N.

Based
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Also, on the Dark Reaper thing? Having not played the game its in?

Heard something about it taking out most of one of the moon's forests around Kashyyyk?

Not quite world razing, but its not orders of magnitude below it if true :hmm

It's been awhile but yes, Anakin was trying to outrun the Dark Reaper which unleashed this purple or pinkish haze of energy which drained the life to the point of destruction of every living thing in contact. Anakin used a STAP and barely got away.

When confronting the Reaper in a tank, Anakin had two wingmates who did not learn the technique. Not only were they drained but their vehicles were completely and instantly destroyed once coming into contact with the Reaper.

The_Tempest
Stops at Dooku or Anakin.

Stigma
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Stops at Dooku or Anakin.
Interesting.

Trocity
Originally posted by Angelalex242

Yeah, pay no attention to Board Walker. He is a horrible troll and as you can see, no one else even acknowledged that he had "contributed" to this thread lol.

He emerges from his cave sometimes to wank Revan and Nihilus.

The Merchant
This is old news but yeah where do you guys stand on this?

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/overrated-sith-lords-darths-nihilus-and-sion/97357/

Nephthys
Loathe entirely.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The Merchant
This is old news but yeah where do you guys stand on this?

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/overrated-sith-lords-darths-nihilus-and-sion/97357/

Unlikely to have been the original stance of the writers, but is likely what Nihilus has been retconned in to in order for Vitiate to be teh strongest.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Unlikely to have been the original stance of the writers, but is likely what Nihilus has been retconned in to in order for Vitiate to be teh strongest.
Not anymore...

The Merchant
I think it's a good nerf for Nihilus tbh but each to their own.

red8
Nihilus clears.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Not anymore...

laughing Right you are. Inb4 Mass Effect: Andromeda has bigger better Reapers come in.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Stigma
Interesting.

They're resistant to Force drain and that's really the only "advantage" Nihilus possesses.

Nephthys
Uh, really?

The_Tempest
Yup.

Nephthys
Pretty sure there's a few other advantages.

The_Tempest
None that I can think of, no.

Nephthys
Think harder.

The_Tempest
I've really wracked my brain on this and honestly can't think of any.

Nephthys
I'm disappointed in you.

The_Tempest
Well I can't very well acknowledge what doesn't exist. /shrug

Nephthys
I will give you a helping hand, the gift of enlightenment: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-nihilus-respect-thread/97172/

The_Tempest
I will give you a helping hand, the gift of enlightenment: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-nihilus-respect-thread/97172/

Ant has inflicted that thread upon me before, thanks. Could you point out the other advantages, tho? I appear to have missed them.

Nephthys
TK and telepathy. Possibly lightning if we include that one feat. Also he's much more powerful than them.

The_Tempest
There's no advantage there. According to whom is he much more powerful than them?

Nephthys
Except there is. He is greatly superior to Dooku and Anakin in those area's, which is also indicative of him being much more powerful than them. To the point where he's capable of planetary devastation, manipulating massive capital ships and holding the Ravager together, his mere presence causes mindless devotion and his speech can cause pain or death, he has highly attuned, galaxy-wide senses, pwned Traya and stunned the Exile + Visas without even looking.

Anakin and Dooku utterly fail to compare.

The_Tempest
Except there is.

Nah.

He is greatly superior to Dooku and Anakin in those area's, which is also indicative of him being much more powerful than them.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that he has better feats than they do. You're telling me from that, we can extrapolate not only superiority ("more powerful"wink but the extent of that superiority ("much"wink?

This is a formula you'd accept?

excellent

Nephthys
Yes, let me just walk right into that obvious trap do dee do dee do.

The_Tempest
Trap? What trap? No trap here! teehehehe

Nephthys
So since I'm not seeing any cunter* argument from you, I assume you concede that Nihilus is more powerful than those two in the area's I mentioned. Thus making my point proven.

*lmao @ that typo

The_Tempest
So since I'm not seeing any cunter* argument from you, I assume you concede that Nihilus is more powerful than those two in the area's I mentioned. Thus making my point proven.

*lmao @ that typo

Well you actually have to commit to an argument for me to address it. As it stands, all you've done is allege that N. has greater feats than D. and A. Even if that is true, you've yet to explain how that's relevant to a potential victory over them.

Oh look, there is a trap!

excellent

Nephthys
I don't need to explain that. I only questioned whether or not Nihilus held any advantages over Dooku and Anakin when you denied it. Seemingly, you're not prepared to back up your stance in the face of evidence so I have to assume you're conceding.

The_Tempest
I don't need to explain that. I only questioned whether or not Nihilus held any advantages over Dooku and Anakin when you denied it. Seemingly, you're not prepared to back up your stance in the face of evidence so I have to assume you're conceding.

Nah. You alleged that N. does indeed possess advantages over A. & D. but responded only with a list of random feats. You've yet to explain how this constitutes advantage/s.

Until you do, there's nothing I can address. It's a non-sequitur.

Nephthys
Possessing greater ability in those area's is an advantage, durrrr. erm

Let me remind you:

TK - Lifted the Ravager off Malachor and probably other ships as well, held his ship together while traveling, pwned Traya, pwned the Exile and crew.

Telepathy: "Nihilus powers grew so extreme that, for most beings, mere exposure to the Sith Lord would cause immediate and utterly mindless devotion." "Darth Nihilus' dark will held the vessel and its crew together." Nihilus's ship housed a veritable army on it, dominated by his will.

Stigma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.