New Co-Admin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Raz
I'd like to welcome Ush as the new co-admin.

Ush will be taking up my duties in my absence, and will be making sure (along with the other mods) the right changes and direction are made to the forums.

Congrats Ush! Can't believe it's been nearly 15 years ago we started this whole thing! big grin

Scribble
Congrats Ush! May you help guide us into a bright and prosperous future.

Bardock42
That's a very good choice. Congrats Ush!

Impediment
Yay!

Galan007
Excellent, excellent news!

Congrats to Ush. thumb up

The Nuul
Perfect choice, congrats Ush!!!! You deserved it. smile

Lek Kuen
Congrats man. I know you'll make the site bigger and better.

Time Flys
Ush gets promoted. I lose my account.

Great news

NewLanceWindu
Congrats Ush! Seems like the best choice since you've been moderator for so long and are still quite active.

Tzeentch
Give us cool new shit, Ush.

Ushgarak
I shall make that my ambition in life.

Thanks all. As it stands, the main focus now is on tidying stuff up and keeping things running properly.

jaden101
.

Barker
Hell yes. Congrats!

Bashar Teg
congratulations ush.

ok thats enough pomp.

where's that SW sequel trilogy forum?

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
congratulations ush.

ok thats enough pomp.

where's that SW sequel trilogy forum?

This.

Most likely, the mods are in discussions about which forums to do away with, which to merge, which to add, etc.

Ushgarak
Just to note guys that nothing has actually happened/changed yet- this is all a theoretical plan and my status is currently the same as before. We have some proposed changes put together which Raz will check and put through when he can.

The Nuul
Thank you Ush.

AsbestosFlaygon
So you're leaving again?

|King Joker|
This is awesome, I think Ush is definitely the right choice.

YAYYYYY

Ms Chelle
Excellent news! I know I'm late in saying but Congrats Ush. congrats

Ushgarak
Blimey Chelle, not seen you in a while...

dadudemon
Congrats. And, awesome, we finally have someone who can make changes on the regular. Whoohoo!

BruceSkywalker
The best news i have heard in a while... Congrats Ush

The Lost
Congratulations.

S_W_LeGenD
Congrats.

BeyonderGod
Congrats.

Time-Immemorial
The forum braced for sweeping changes, then Raz left again with a giving a empty title out.

Weeping in shame.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
That's a very good choice. Congrats Ush!

I feel my candidacy was overlooked...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I feel my candidacy was overlooked...

I think 50% of it being a good choice was picking Ush, the other 50% was not picking you...

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think 50% of it being a good choice was picking Ush, the other 50% was not picking you...

Supportive, that's what I come here for!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Supportive, that's what I come here for!

And you can count on it from me, buddy...

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
And you can count on it from me, buddy...

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Newjak
I don't remember seeing you campaign?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Newjak
I don't remember seeing you campaign?

It was a real grassroots thing. Way under the radar, stealth mode really, not sure why it didn't work out.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
It was a real grassroots thing. Way under the radar, stealth mode really, not sure why it didn't work out.

Well, I wouldn't say way under, I had Lawrence Lessig's backing

Dude111
Congrats to the new co-admin... I hope you are enjoying to help keep this site good!!

Galan007
laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
So, 3+ months have passed since Raz's last visit...

Time-Immemorial
Co_Admin without powers, thanks a lot Raz.

walshy
You should go on a forum strike

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Co_Admin without powers, thanks a lot Raz.

Who needs powah when you have swag cool

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by walshy
You should go on a forum strike

Please

Time-Immemorial
^The ugliest guy on the forum wants the best looking guy to go on a vacation. I wonder why.

NewLanceWindu
laughing lmao rolling on floor laughing

Jesus McBurger
Why does everyone call lance ugly?

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
Why does everyone call lance ugly?

srug Cause they're asses? I'm not handsome by any stretch, but I'm not ugly.

walshy
i think you're beautiful

Time-Immemorial
I guess you have no seen him.

NewLanceWindu
You dropped this: t

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Jesus McBurger
I don't think lance is ugly, maybe plain but not ugly

StiltmanFTW
Do you guys think Raz will appear in this year?

Time-Immemorial
Why, he's got free workers to keep this place some what running and all he is doing is cashing the checks. He is living the dream.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Do you guys think Raz will appear in this year?

No, he only shows up every other year.

walshy
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Why, he's got free workers to keep this place some what running and all he is doing is cashing the checks. He is living the dream. how much does this place make? I'd be surprised if it's much at all. Maybe the money thing is reason he is reluctant to give someone else admin powers.

Time-Immemorial
I bet it makes him $20-30k a year

Robtard
There's websites that tell you estimates:

http://worthofsite.net/en/cost/killermovies.com

Time-Immemorial
So he makes less then I thought, but still a lot considering he non existent admin.

NewLanceWindu
Killermovies.com is owned by Zed (never really posted), Raz only gets the money for Killermovies.com/forums as far as I know.

Newjak
It is sad to say but those are only current numbers. We did a lot more traffic that those back in the day. We were a front page contender for a few searches especially for comic book characters. Especially anything versus.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point our net worth was in the 6 digit figures.

Time-Immemorial
A few people run around here and try to uphold this place for Raz, which I wonder why cause the activity has dropped off due to these recent incidents.

Time-Immemorial
Yea right, this place worth 6 digitslaughing out loud Keep dreaming.

Time-Immemorial
Why are some forums moderated like the GDF for aggressive posting but the rest of the forum is not?

Raisen
ush closed "different forum moderation for different forums" and said pm him instead.

then he doesn't respond to pm's and just closes threads indiscriminately. is he the highest ranking guy now?

Ushgarak
Nothing was closed indiscriminately- that's literally the opposite of what happened. They were closed very specifically.

If you are not answered when PMing a mod, it is likely because you are merely being a nuisance. You have no right to a reply, and the fact remains that you do not discuss such things on the boards.

Raisen
i wasn't trying to be annoying in my pm at all. i asked for consideration.
this is a forum where we are supposed to exchange our ideas and ideas will be different. all sides bash eachother but consistently only a certain set of ideals is shut down.
i'm trying to understand it. we have freedom of speech on a forum don't we? yet you reply as if certain ideals are a nuisance and refuse to even engage in dialogue.
i won't say more on this matter. i have no way of conversing with you it seems. via pm or the boards. so i won't address this subject again

Ushgarak
I wouldn't know what you did or did not put in PM- I never got one from you.

But my reasoning for closing those threads has been explained, your idea that one side is being shut out for its beliefs is wrong- it's behaviour that is the issue- your invocation of 'freedom of speech' to mean 'I can go to a private forum and constantly harass and make personal insults at other members' is entirely mistaken and the idea that you are even remotely interested in dialogue as opposed to simple hectoring and posturing is not born out by your posting behaviour.

There are plenty of people with your ideals here who do not constantly attack others and who do not constantly turn threads into vapid, hate-filled battlegrounds. Look to your own actions for the solution, don't go blaming others because you have been called out on it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Raisen
we have freedom of speech on a forum don't we?

No.

Raisen
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I wouldn't know what you did or did not put in PM- I never got one from you.

But my reasoning for closing those threads has been explained, your idea that one side is being shut out for its beliefs is wrong- it's behaviour that is the issue- your invocation of 'freedom of speech' to mean 'I can go to a private forum and constantly harass and make personal insults at other members' is entirely mistaken and the idea that you are even remotely interested in dialogue as opposed to simple hectoring and posturing is not born out by your posting behaviour.

There are plenty of people with your ideals here who do not constantly attack others and who do not constantly turn threads into vapid, hate-filled battlegrounds. Look to your own actions for the solution, don't go blaming others because you have been called out on it.

i just looked at my outbox and the message i tried to send to you went to darthborgie. as a matter of fact, everytime i try to look at a persons profile it goes to darthborgie. what the hell is going on?

Time-Immemorial
And who made made you an admin to decide that Burdock? I love how he comes in here and tells us free speech is not allowed. This isn't Germany btw.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
And who made made you an admin to decide that Burdock? I love how he comes in here and tells us free speech is not allowed. This isn't Germany btw.

Well there's two reasons 1) I have been on these boards a while and have had discussions about this with mods previously and 2) it's a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of speech is. Your right to freedom of speech protects you from government making laws to limit your rights to expression, it does not at all have anything to do with privately owned establishments or platforms (like KMC)...

Raisen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well there's two reasons 1) I have been on these boards a while and have had discussions about this with mods previously and 2) it's a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of speech is. Your right to freedom of speech protects you from government making laws to limit your rights to expression, it does not at all have anything to do with privately owned establishments or platforms (like KMC)...

but kmc is a major contributor to hillary. i've seen raz at hillary rallies too.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
And who made made you an admin to decide that Burdock? I love how he comes in here and tells us free speech is not allowed. This isn't Germany btw.

Right, see that 'this isn't Germany' nonsense right there? That kind of thing is exactly what is getting your threads closed- and don't try to pretend it's in jest; you've been far too serious about that sort of thing.

As it is, he's pretty much correct. You don't have an absolute freedom of speech here; you aren't in public. This is someone else's house. You play by the host's rules. If you do not like the rules, you have an absolute freedom to go elsewhere that allows what we do not.

Raisen
ush. did you see what i said about darthborgie? this happened after i tried to view slay's web page. now i can't send pm to the right person

Bardock42
There's been similar problems with people being unable to access profiles or whole forums. For some people it helps to clear their cache or alternatively switch browsers. Though perhaps that will not be helping in this case.

You can report your problem in this thread, and hopefully it can be fixed next time Raz is around: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t613588.html

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Right, see that 'this isn't Germany' nonsense right there? That kind of thing is exactly what is getting your threads closed- and don't try to pretend it's in jest; you've been far too serious about that sort of thing.

As it is, he's pretty much correct. You don't have an absolute freedom of speech here; you aren't in public. This is someone else's house. You play by the host's rules. If you do not like the rules, you have an absolute freedom to go elsewhere that allows what we do not.

I was laughing when I said this isn't Germany though, and repeating it just made me laugh again.

JKBart
Originally posted by Bardock42
There's been similar problems with people being unable to access profiles or whole forums. For some people it helps to clear their cache or alternatively switch browsers. Though perhaps that will not be helping in this case.

You can report your problem in this thread, and hopefully it can be fixed next time Raz is around: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t613588.html

Although it should be mentioned you shouldn't hope for anything. The admin has basically abandoned these forums.

Time-Immemorial
He abandoned the forums and the mods close all the threads that have activity cause they deem it a nuisance. because donuts. The person who owns this place does not care about this place, why should anyone else?

StiltmanFTW
Raz is mind-controlling the mods.

Time-Immemorial
Appears to be

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Raisen
i just looked at my outbox and the message i tried to send to you went to darthborgie. as a matter of fact, everytime i try to look at a persons profile it goes to darthborgie. what the hell is going on?

Actually, to echo this, I've been checking something out, and every time I click on a username, it ALWAYS goes to Gundark's profile with no exceptions. Is anyone else experiencing this? Because I've had this problem for a while now.

immaturerainbow
Yay~! Ush! <3

StiltmanFTW
I had no problem with PMs, but problems with quoting do appear and sometimes all text disappears, forcing me to reload the page like a dozen times laughing out loud

The Nuul
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I had no problem with PMs, but problems with quoting do appear and sometimes all text disappears, forcing me to reload the page like a dozen times laughing out loud

our new co-admin will fix it right away

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Nuul
our new co-admin will fix it right away

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar106964_113.gif

StiltmanFTW
bump

Nuke Nixon
Who is in charge of this nuthouse?

StiltmanFTW
Nobody, really.

Site apparently belongs to some Tariq Anwar dude now, but he hasn't contacted anyone from here.

Nuke Nixon
The Mods are watching us, who watches the Watchers?

StiltmanFTW
Nobody, global mods run this place.

Ushgarak was picked by Raz as a co-admin, but it's just a title. He's received no extra mod privileges.

Blight
And here we are...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.