Another Cop shooting, this time vs. flag pole

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
QkGZ_pIUbxw

Should the cop used the taser over the pistol in this situation? Seem very risky in close combat situations like this. Look how fast that guy was, he was like one of those Olympic runners.

jaden101
Can't say I have an issue with this. If you're gonna charge at a cop trying to batter him with a pole then you deserve what you get.

Ushgarak
Yeah that one looks pretty clean. The cop doesn't do anything that would seem to aggravate the situation, he does not draw his gun until after the person has picked up a weapon, he seems to issue a challenge, and he doesn't fire until after the guy has swung the pole trying to hit him.

He only fires twice, very reasonable for someone likely in fear for their life, and immediately calls it in.

Now, I would rather cops did not carry guns, and it is possible this could have been resolved with a non-lethal weapon. But if cops are going to be armed, they need to be governed by strict usage procedure. Most of the issues we see with American cops is them being insanely trigger happy- drawing guns without provocation, not issuing any sort of coherent challenge, firing without good cause and blatting off insane amounts of rounds that indicate a lack of control.

None of that seems to apply here.

Astner
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Now, I would rather cops did not carry guns,
Wouldn't it then be difficult for cops to defend themselves against armed criminals?

Bashar Teg
...and what if the criminals have rpg's? better arm every cop with an rpg.

Surtur
Completely justified. You don't run at cops with a weapon. I almost can't help but wonder if this was suicide by cop. In todays climate, you run at a god damn cop with a big metal weapon?

Bashar Teg
yeah i remember the good ol days when a cop felt safe when being charged at with a weapon. he'd be like "put that down ya knucklehead! NOW GET OUTTA HERE, YOU!".

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
yeah i remember the good ol days when a cop felt safe when being charged at with a weapon. he'd be like "put that down ya knucklehead! NOW GET OUTTA HERE, YOU!".

Nah, in those days they'd still of shot him too. But in today's climate with dumb pieces of shit attacking cops just for being cops...a cop isn't even going to hesitate. People should know better, but then what can you expect from criminals?

Star428
Uh oh. Riot time. That cop is obviously "racist" afterall. roll eyes (sarcastic) Hopefully all the businesses in that area stocked up on supplies for the "shoppers" that are about to flood their stores. LOL.

The Nuul
The cop did what his training and gut told him to do, and he did so correctly. That was the right move, the guy kept going at the cop, tasering the guy with a metal pole? That wouldn't have worked, the guy would have most likely died from this.

Robtard
Not sure that's how tasers work, brah.

But the cop was justified in firing bullets, especially in the controlled fashion he did, firing no more than was necessary. You swing a metal pole at someone's head, that's an attempt to murder.

Lestov16
Bait/spite thread. Certain people are clearly trying to use this one case of obviously justified use of force to discredit the wave of police brutality reports that keep surfacing.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Lestov16
Bait/spite thread. This ain't the vs forums.

vansonbee
Bait/spite thread. Certain people are clearly trying to use this one case of obviously justified use of force to discredit the wave of police brutality reports that keep surfacing. Wow, your the only person to point that out. I guess everyone who posted before you are blind dip shits, huh? Racist.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Nuul
The cop did what his training and gut told him to do, and he did so correctly. That was the right move, the guy kept going at the cop, tasering the guy with a metal pole? That wouldn't have worked, the guy would have most likely died from this. I'm no rocket surgeon, but I feel confident in saying him holding a metal pole would not increase the voltage of the taser.

NemeBro
Originally posted by vansonbee
Wow, your the only person to point that out. I guess everyone who posted before you are blind dip shits, huh? Racist. *you're

vansonbee
Originally posted by NemeBro
*you're Excuse my Ebonics

Bentley
Why is there a thread for this?

The Nuul
Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure that's how tasers work, brah.

My bad Brah, I rushed while typing it out, and didn't think it through properly. A fault of mine....

Omega Vision
Excuse my Ebonics Originally posted by vansonbee
Racist.

Surtur
Bait/spite thread. Certain people are clearly trying to use this one case of obviously justified use of force to discredit the wave of police brutality reports that keep surfacing.

This makes no sense. So now people can't talk about instances of justified violence? That is getting quite ridiculous. Nobody ever said "this means cops are justified no matter what they do!".

That is like saying we can't ever speak about cases where females lied about being raped, because by doing so we are trying to discredit those actually raped.

You don't see the issue at large here..where your first response is to say this is race baiting? There is nothing even written by the OP that suggests any type of suggestion of discrediting reports of brutality.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
Nobody ever said "this means cops are justified no matter what they do!".

no people dont flatout say it like that. they just suggest that it fits into their overall racist narrative, part of which is: "if a black man is killed by police, it was his own fault".

for example:

Originally posted by Star428
Uh oh. Riot time. That cop is obviously "racist" afterall. roll eyes (sarcastic) Hopefully all the businesses in that area stocked up on supplies for the "shoppers" that are about to flood their stores. LOL.

Surtur
Yep, but that isn't the person who posted the topic. That one comment wasn't being called baiting, the entire thread was called race bait. It sure could be race bait, but there is nothing in the OP that hints at it.

Bashar Teg
Nobody ever said "this means cops are justified no matter what they do!".

was addressing that. if you meant to say OP specifically, then so be it.

and yes, OP didnt yet reveal his obvious naked racism in this particular thread with any sweeping generalizations, but lets not be disingenuous about it. his motive is obvious to everyone including those who would agree with him.

Robtard
He sort of did, it just took him longer than usual.

Excuse my Ebonics

Surtur
was addressing that. if you meant to say OP specifically, then so be it.

and yes, OP didnt yet reveal his obvious naked racism in this particular thread with any sweeping generalizations, but lets not be disingenuous about it. his motive is obvious to everyone including those who would agree with him.

What from his opening post is obvious racism. Which part?

He sort of did, it just took him longer than usual.

You feel this is race baiting? Not to mention, it was called race baiting before he even made the quote you are quoting.

Bashar Teg
yeah im not playing that game. if you can't do me the courtesy of reading my words, i wont be responding to yours.

Robtard
You feel this is race baiting? Not to mention, it was called race baiting before he even made the quote you are quoting.

While the OP wasn't blatantly racist or baiting, going from Vansonbee's (aka MGTOW chump) general racist views towards black people, he made this thread for the very reason Lestov pointed out.

As noted, it took him a total of three post to show his racist-face.

Surtur
So in other words there is nothing inherently race baiting about his post you can come up with, that is all you needed to say.

Bashar Teg
again, im not playing this game. it was already addressed:

Surtur
While the OP wasn't blatantly racist or baiting, going from Vansonbee's (aka MGTOW chump) general racist views towards black people, he made this thread for the very reason Lestov pointed out.

As noted, it took him a total of three post to show his racist-face.

But this is a cop out. He made the comment after it was initially called race baiting.

Robtard
So in other words there is nothing inherently race baiting about his post you can come up with, that is all you needed to say.

Well sure, if you want to ostrich your head in the dirt, that can be the conclusion.

Surtur
Holy shit, really? So I'm flat out asking what about the opening post was race baiting. That is all I asked. Nobody gave any reason. The only possible reason was a quote from a post..posted after the race baiting comment.

You either can explain what was race baiting about it, specifically, or not.

Bashar Teg
you are attempting to absolve OP by leading the discussion with pseudo-logic word games. may as well be like "he didnt say "n*****" in the first post so it doesnt count. teehee"

Surtur
you are attempting to absolve OP by leading the discussion with pseudo-logic word games. "he didnt say "n*****" in the first post so it doesnt count. teehee"

No, I'm attempting to find out why it was originally called race baiting, that is all. Nobody is absolving the OP of anything.

NemeBro
Lestov was suggesting that this was a bait thread of ultimate gayness because vasonbee has a history of suggesting negros deserve to be killed by police due to their violent, sociopathic natures.

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
Lestov was suggesting that this was a bait thread of ultimate gayness because vasonbee has a history of suggesting negros deserve to be killed by police due to their violent, sociopathic natures.

See, why was this so hard? "He has a history of racism" is all that needed to be said.

Lestov16
Are you serious Surtur? Why would the topic of a cop doing his job be at all noteworthy if not to prove some kind of point? You know Van is a racist.

Robtard
But this is a cop out. He made the comment after it was initially called race baiting.

No, not really, if you know his history and general views towards black people, as I mentioned.

But are you implying that his racism is other people's fault?

Surtur
Are you serious Surtur? Why would the topic of a cop doing his job be at all noteworthy if not to prove some kind of point? You know Van is a racist.

Because people post stupid shit here all the time that isn't noteworthy? Also I don't know who is racist and who isn't, I don't keep track of that.

Surtur
No, not really, if you know his history and general views towards black people, as I mentioned.

But are you implying that his racism is other people's fault?

I don't think it was anyones fault. Well, if he didn't have a history of being racist I could maybe see a retort about "ebonics" as sarcasm to the suggestion of race baiting, but then again that wouldn't be true racism anyways.

But no. I don't think it is anyones fault.

EDIT: Though if he has a history of racism why hasn't he been banned?

Astner
I'm not a racist but I still race-bait Tzeentch and Delph, but that's because it's funny when they react to it.

Bashar Teg
perfectly understandable

Time-Immemorial
Completley unjustified. The flag pole look plastic and the cop could have grabbed it and disarmed him without having to kill him.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yeah that one looks pretty clean. The cop doesn't do anything that would seem to aggravate the situation, he does not draw his gun until after the person has picked up a weapon, he seems to issue a challenge, and he doesn't fire until after the guy has swung the pole trying to hit him.

He only fires twice, very reasonable for someone likely in fear for their life, and immediately calls it in.

Now, I would rather cops did not carry guns, and it is possible this could have been resolved with a non-lethal weapon. But if cops are going to be armed, they need to be governed by strict usage procedure. Most of the issues we see with American cops is them being insanely trigger happy- drawing guns without provocation, not issuing any sort of coherent challenge, firing without good cause and blatting off insane amounts of rounds that indicate a lack of control.

None of that seems to apply here.

The suspect was visually deranged and had mental issues and seemed to be on a retard rage and was visibly much smaller in size and stature then the cop. The cop could have gotten behind his car and waited for backup or disarmed him and put he man in cuffs. I've seen cops disarm much worse then this flag pole carrying. The cop was in no serious threat and could have used a non lethal.

Ushgarak
Like I say, I would have been happy for the situation to have been dealt with using non-lethal weapons.

Nonetheless, I think it is quite a thing to assume that situation could have been so easily handled- that thing is always easy to say in theory commenting afterwards. I don't like cops using guns, but I would definitely say that guy was in a situation where pulling the gun was reasonable in the heat of the moment, especially in the professional way he used it. He was not out of control- he made a reasonable judgement about how the situation needed to be handled.

In so far as American cops carry guns by default, that's a political issue, and a different debate- in that respect, I do believe that if American cops were not routinely armed then a person like this would not have needed to die. But as US cops are armed by default, the thing that causes controversy is the poor gun discipline they often show, as I outlined above (and which I think is more or less inevitable when you arm an entire police force, as good gun discipline in law enforcement is frankly difficult and you can't expect all cops to have the right temperament for it).

By those rules, this cop was fine. He didn't provoke, he didn't abuse, he didn't go wild. You may not agree with his choice but he was within the rules.

Time-Immemorial
Sadly the police force here is not only armed but militarized it will always be this way, and it will only get worse. Carrying the same equipment and weapons in the back of their squad cars that US Marines carry in combat over seas. Mostly to the untrained eye people just think that's "right-o"

However it's not right.

Even if America did take its guns away from the people, domestic law enforcement will only grow and grow in power.

Ushgarak
Like I think I have said here before, if you are saying that US police forces are inappropriately militarised, I agree, but where I suspect we disagree is that you see it as a projection of abuse of government power, whereas I see it as a genuinely held but mistaken and counter-productive approach to what law enforcement involves.

Time-Immemorial
Seems we agree more then we disagree.

The Nuul

Surtur
Just because you are mentally ill does not mean you deserve any special treatment when it comes to the fact you might be threatening lives. Reminds me of the recent autistic teen and her mother who were kicked off a plane, the mother whined, but further investigation into the case revealed it was more her fault, but she had to complain because her child has special needs to apparently that overrides the safety of everyone on board.

Before anyone says a child can't be a threat to people, this was a 15 yr. old girl known to LASH OUT at people if she didn't get her hot meals, etc, which the mother failed to plan for, and then she whines and blame the airlines and threatens them.

So what evidence was there that it was plastic? The pole did not look plastic to me. He doesn't get a pass just for being mentally ill, so you're going to need some evidence to show the weapon was harmless. Of course even then, how the hell could the cop be sure? You see something as plastic doesn't look plastic to me, so how could the cop even be sure?

If you are mentally deranged you should be in a mental institution, not roaming the friggin streets.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.