Orbalisk Bane runs a gauntlet (read the description)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma

Nephthys
Clear.

The_Tempest
Definitely 4. I'd be willing to entertain an argument that Malak could take him.

carthage

gets stomped hard at 7.

Stigma
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Definitely 4. I'd be willing to entertain an argument that Malak could take him.
thumb up

Tbh I entertain the notion that Maul can beat him.

Trocity
Dies at 6 or 7, unsure of if he can beat Emperor Malgus.

Malgus is more skilled, strong enough and durable enough to match Bane's bull-like assault, and has maelstrom that could f*** with his Orbalisks.

Yeah, maybe stops at Malgus.

Sinious
Originally posted by The_Tempest

You place Bane that low? huh

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Sinious
You place Bane that low? huh

Well SF!Malak apparently gave Revan hell and I think Revan would sodomize Bane. So I'm willing to entertain the possibility.

Sinious
Why would KOTOR Revan sodomize Bane?

Stigma
The fact that SF!Malak can challange Orbalisk!Bane is not far fetched at all.

TBH I was thinking again about this gauntlet. With these stipulations I think #4 is 50/50. With #5 I'm leaning towards Dooku. Still, I welcome arguments in favor of Bane in both cases.

Yet with #6 I have my doubts Bane can take down Malgus.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Sinious
Why would KOTOR Revan sodomize Bane?

I'll refer you to Ant on that one, who would gladly jump at the opportunity to create a wall of text on the issue.

Nephthys
Challenging and beating him are two different things. How can Malak beat Bane? People go off on Bane about various things, but all that stuff applies to Malak more than to him. Malak is hardly swimming in feats and he has nothing on the orbalisks. Bane would dominate Malak in a duel, he's stronger, faster and has the orbs and his lightning is stronger than Malak's and so is his TK. What's Malak's edge? Getting beat up by a tired, weakened Revan 3+ times in a row?

EmperorSidious2
Well if Maul doesn't get him Dooku will.

So I would like to say he stops at 4 but if he doesn't 5 will stop him.

DarthAnt66
Falls at 3. The power that Malak wielded on the Star Forge is utterly ridiculous.

Nephthys
Yeah, he ragdolled 2 Jedi at once. Mindblowing.

DarthAnt66
I wasn't referring to that, but that feat probably outstrips majority of Bane's.

Nephthys
Oh yeah, you think Malak > Nihilus in power. You probably think he destroyed Telos solo or something lol.

DarthAnt66
At least it wasn't on a nexus. http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

Nephthys
Malak gets his butt whooped even with a nexus, bro.

DarthAnt66
By the guy Bane regularly jacked off to, yeah.

Nephthys
You mean the failure whose idea's Bane improved upon and implemented successfully?

DarthAnt66
/"improved upon and implemented successfully"
/had his successor as Darth Zannah :')

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Nephthys
Zannah helped successfully implement and carry on the Rule of Two, leading to the ultimate victory of the Sith. Revan got blindsided by his idiot apprentice, brainwashed by the Jedi and then killed him. And then went and got immediately captured by the Sith Empire and then curbed by Vitiate and then killed and then had to help fix his own mess again as a ghost yet still managed to fail and bring back Vitiate. Revan's whole life was one long string of fails and then he miraculously managed to keep failing even after death.

Truly an inspiration.

DarthAnt66
https://i.imgur.com/DqIJ5Ex.jpg

Nephthys
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/56384823.jpg

DarthAnt66
You so mad Bane can use the hate as a dark side nexus. thumb up

Nephthys
You fail so bad Revan's getting jelly. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Dark side nexus' never fail, broski. thumb up

Nephthys
Except for Malak. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Even in death Malak's legacy lived on for eternity. wink

Bane? Not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nQXLOK3KtY&t=2m15s

Trocity
LOL you guys

Nephthys
Malak has no legacy. He failed and his empire crumbled to utter dust. No one gave a shit about him afterwards.

Bane was the Sith'ari and set in motion the victory of the Sith.

DarthAnt66
Han ****ing Solo knew who Malak was. erm

Concession accepted, you are dismissed. thumb up

ILS
Why don't we just agree that both Bane and Malak are dogshit as characters?

Nephthys
That's not a ****ing legacy. I know who Ozymandias was, doesn't make his legacy any more than dust.

Bane's legacy actually lived on and their success stemmed directly from him. Malak was some random ******* who died accomplishing nothing and succeeded by noone, who lived riding the coattails of his more successful boss. How much of a big fat ****ing failure do you need to be to fail more than Revan, Heart of the Fail. My god. laughing

DarthAnt66
/denies greatness of Han Solo.
/types a 265 character rant on why Bane doesn't die.
/bane still dies.

http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

Nephthys
/thinks knights of the fallen empire has a good story and the characters are cool

DarthAnt66
/thinks Zannah is more powerful than Vitiate and Sidious wink

Nephthys
I don't think that.

/thinks Malak is more powerful than Nihilus

DarthAnt66
You put Zannah > Bane, yet Bane > Yoda and Vitiate. no expression

/ignores canon that actually says that (not the first time you ignore stuff though).

http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/922207309.gif

Nephthys
/thinks in ABC logic

Just because Zannah beat Bane doesn't make her more powerful than him, and just because I think Orb Bane beats Yoda doesn't mean that either. I don't recall saying that Bane beats Vitiate or is more powerful than him. I have all those characters at the same level. I don't commit to any of them being more powerful than the others.

/canon doesn't say that

ILS
laughing out loud

Angelalex242
Maul mauls him.

Trocity
Jokes aside, he really doesn't.

Nephthys
Yep.

Originally posted by Angelalex242
Maul mauls him.

http://i.imgur.com/Fe006ol.gif

Stigma
Originally posted by Trocity
Jokes aside, he really doesn't.
Why do you think so, Trocity?

Not that I am decided upon the matter, tho.

Trocity
Bane with his Orbalisks is actually fairly powerful, despite the Bane hate on here. I've joined in on the fun and had a good laugh but in reality, Bane isn't that bad.

Maul is a physical fighter and beats people through dueling primarily, and with Bane being covered from his shoulders to his toes in lightsaber resistant armor, I just don't think Maul will behead him or find an opening before Bane overwhelms him. He can use massives force waves and lightning in conjunction with bull rushing Maul.

Maul is the more skilled duelist but I don't think he is so much more skilled that he will find the tiny opening on Bane before Bane gets through his defense by a combination of power swings and force abuse.

It would take someone who is vastly more skilled than Bane to beat him in a lightsaber duel when he has his orbalisks, or someone powerful who would take a more force-heavy approach.

Malgus with his ridiculous ability to soak damage and his force maelstrom could get the job done.

Just my opinion.

The_Tempest
It's not that Bane is by any means weak, it's just that the likes of Maul are more skilled and powerful. The presence of orbalisks merely prolong the inevitable with respect to a fighter of Maul's caliber imo.

Stigma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.