Dark Reaper?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChaosTheory123
Having never played the game it's featured in?

Figure one of you could be kind of enough to link me to clips of its feats?

Kind of curious about shit like that drain and destruction of that Kashyyyk moon forest :hmm

That and scenes where its active and Anakin is shown resisting its effects

I'm aware of how he does it (something about drawing from the Force in nature around him, right?), just curious how it looks for context sake :hmm

The Merchant
I've played it, I actually have it lying around somewhere.

Anakin's fight against the Reaper:

VViJgpiU_7E

Harvester destroying a Forest

dlutptrn1ng

Zenwolf
Here's a quote on Anakin...

"Anyone who comes near will be killed instantly. I'm the only one immune."

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-18-2015/JhmnPW.gif

What happened to the Kashyyk moon.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-18-2015/Fwxt5V.gif

Draining hundreds/thousands of Jedi during the Great Sith War.

The Merchant
You guys think Anakin was able to re-teach a good chunk of the Order this tech?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
You guys think Anakin was able to re-teach a good chunk of the Order this tech?

Well Mace already seemed to know about it, I would assume the Jedi went over their history when teaching so...pretty sure the Dark Reaper was covered.

ILS
PT = Immune to drain.

What now, KOTOR II fanboys? eek!

Trocity
Everyone can beat Nihilus now

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well Mace already seemed to know about it, I would assume the Jedi went over their history when teaching so...pretty sure the Dark Reaper was covered.

Pwned!

Zenwolf
Though lets not go saying all the PT Jedi can resist draining because as Anakin said, he was the only one immune, anyone else would instantly die.

Plus if it was something that they could do normally, Anakin wouldn't have had to speak to Ulic.

All I'm saying is that as part of Jedi studying, they would go over their Order's history. So....pretty sure this would include everything up to that point.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by The Merchant
I've played it, I actually have it lying around somewhere.

Anakin's fight against the Reaper:

VViJgpiU_7E

Harvester destroying a Forest

dlutptrn1ng

Figure you could directly link me to the times relevant shit occurs in these videos? :hmm

Well, the first one anyway, already watched the second.

Here's a quote on Anakin...

"Anyone who comes near will be killed instantly. I'm the only one immune."

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-18-2015/JhmnPW.gif

What happened to the Kashyyk moon.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-18-2015/Fwxt5V.gif

Draining hundreds/thousands of Jedi during the Great Sith War.

Not bad :hmm

Wookiepedia said it took out half the forests on the moon, any quote corroborating that?

Granted, I imagine the thing will probably still want to rely on powerscaling (super weapon, would hardly be a worthy war asset if a given capital ship outgunned it and produced far more energy) even then given the moons around Kashyyyk aren't incredibly large :hmm

Zenwolf
Well Anakin said that's all there was left of the forests, so...I don't think it just took out half but all of them.

There is also the quote that during the Great Sith War, no army could stand against the Dark Reaper. The Harvestar is what powers it, which drains the living Force so take from that what you will.

ChaosTheory123
Well Anakin said that's all there was left of the forests, so...I don't think it just took out half but all of them.

I believe you, but figure either you or merchant could link me to the quote?

That said, impressive regardless if it took out the whole moon's forest covered surface.

Which certainly helps if powerscaling ends up being required anyway :hmm

Zenwolf
Well the quote is just this.

"This is all that's left of the Kashyyyk moon."

You also have Obi-Wan saying there's been similar hits on other worlds too.

ChaosTheory123
I believe you, would just like to watch the lines be said myself

Assuming its not too much of a bother to link me then via YouTube anyway :hmm

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
I believe you, would just like to watch the lines be said myself

Assuming its not too much of a bother to link me then via YouTube anyway :hmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgYRfPxqag

ChaosTheory123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgYRfPxqag

Thanks

Interesting to note?

We're told Ulic taught the Great Sith War era Jedi how to do what Anakin does

Which, as far as I can tell, is something of a benign force drain that only targets the living force around you?

While no one is specified?

It's a pretty safe bet the more powerful Jedi like Thon and Nomi were instrumental in taking down the Reaper with this technique.

Other candidates that are hardly famous likely exist which function as powerscaling fodder too I imagine. :hmm

Based

It's a pretty safe bet the more powerful Jedi like Thon and Nomi were instrumental in taking down the Reaper with this technique.

Doubtful, Ulic states that learning this technique would make one more prone to the dark side.

Zenwolf
One thing however I would like to note/ask, because I see many stating this. So I wanna see what proof there is.

But exactly how is the Dark Reaper's Drain different from Sith Triumvirate?

Both drain The Force from Force Beings and the surrounding life do they not?

So am I missing something with this? Or what?

The only difference as I see it, is that one is technology which is powered by the darkside and the other is used by darkside Force Users..

Tzeentch
Man, my best friend and I must have dumped hundreds of hours into that shitty game. So good.

Cool ass boss fight too. That Duel of Fates music blaring in the background while Ulic monologues to you.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Based
Doubtful, Ulic states that learning this technique would make one more prone to the dark side.

So the Dark Reaper spontaneously self destructed?

Ulic taught some Jedi how to take it down, so obviously this risk wasn't worth considering, especially given the circumstance

Who else could really do it?

Ulic's kind of deaf to the Force due to Nomi at this point

Who better than the ****er that sealed world razing dark side energy in a lake and his protege, the future grand master of the order, the one who led the wall of light, to learn how to resist and take this thing down?

Odan Urr is dead, Vodo-Siosk Baas is dead... named character wise?

We've kind of exhausted named characters worth a shit in terms of raw power

And, believe me, I'm more than willing to buy these 2 taking it down alone. Thon's got raw power enough in spades even ignoring Nomi.

That said, kind of figuring there's more than just them given how non-specific the narration of the conflict was.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Man, my best friend and I must have dumped hundreds of hours into that shitty game. So good.

Cool ass boss fight too. That Duel of Fates music blaring in the background while Ulic monologues to you.

Dude same. I'd play through the campaign once every weekend. laughing

ChaosTheory123
One thing however I would like to note/ask, because I see many stating this. So I wanna see what proof there is.

But exactly how is the Dark Reaper's Drain different from Sith Triumvirate?

Not really seeing where there is one

The thing was constructed by Naga Sadow IIRC, or at least the harvester was.

The ancient Sith knew how to do the Triumverate's drain, just that they were also aware of the risks of abusing it

An alchemical technological weapon should in theory circumvent this issue entirely

Also notable as being one of the few drain portrayals to actually raze shit as it drains a la Nihilus, if not a lesser scale and rate of consumption.

Zenwolf
Not really seeing where there is one

The thing was constructed by Naga Sadow IIRC, or at least the harvester was.

The ancient Sith knew how to do the Triumverate's drain, just that they were also aware of the risks of abusing it

An alchemical technological weapon should in theory circumvent this issue entirely

Also notable as being one of the few drain portrayals to actually raze shit as it drains a la Nihilus, if not a lesser scale and rate of consumption.

Well I've just seen people say it and therefore it can't be used as an argument for defending against Drain because it's somehow different than Force Users who use Drain too.

Nargaroth
Well I've just seen people say it and therefore it can't be used as an argument for defending against Drain because it's somehow different than Force Users who use Drain too.

Probably because they incorrectly assume that the Dark Reaper can only drain life, whereas it is confirmed that it also strips the Force from people. If there is an actual difference between the Reaper and Nihilus, it is only in terms of potency of their Drain, since I don't remember the former draining entire planets, but the properties are the same.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Probably because they incorrectly assume that the Dark Reaper can only drain life, whereas it is confirmed that it also strips the Force from people. If there is an actual difference between the Reaper and Nihilus, it is only in terms of potency of their Drain, since I don't remember the former draining entire planets, but the properties are the same.

Technically, the origins of their respective Draining abilities are different, but I've yet to see someone make a convincing case for that making much of a difference.

S_W_LeGenD
Anakin Skywalker wasn't actually immune to Force Drain powers, he could resist them for a certain period of time using the technique that he learned from Ulic Qel-Droma.

"I can teach to harness the power of the Force around you, making you immune to the Dark Reaper's effect, for a short time. But this knowledge comes with a risk." (Ulic Qel-Droma)

In addition, Force Drain powers manifest in different ways so the effectiveness of the defensive technique of Ulic Qel-Droma remains unclear.

The Jedi on Katarr were not able to resist Force Drain powers of Darth Nihilus as a reminder. It is possible that some Jedi of KoTOR era had knowledge of the defensive techniques learned by Ulic Qel-Droma since they existed in his time and participated in the Great Sith War. As an example, Jedi Master Vandar was arguably the oldest and among the most learned Jedi and also a veteran of Great Sith War, and he perished on Katarr.

Most importantly:

"If Dooku restores the Reaper, it will mean the end of the Republic." (Mace Windu)

As noted by Mace Windu, if Dark Reaper had been restored properly and utilized in the war, no living being would have stood a chance against its powers. Not even Jedi Master Yoda.

Revanchiste
Having never played the game it's featured in?

Figure one of you could be kind of enough to link me to clips of its feats?

Kind of curious about shit like that drain and destruction of that Kashyyyk moon forest :hmm

That and scenes where its active and Anakin is shown resisting its effects

I'm aware of how he does it (something about drawing from the Force in nature around him, right?), just curious how it looks for context sake :hmm
Finaly you just realise that that shit exist????

"even Jedi Master Yoda."

After discuting with a prequel Jedi fan about Revan (the matter of the subject was Revan cappble of force drain like if that would be bringing the win for Revan), when I FINALY proove that Revan could use this power, he respond that yoda coudln' resist the effect of the reaper, and pretend that this example proove that the even yougest padawan of the prequel era could... blablablabla..

Even if I early mention that force absorbtion can protect from force drain...

But It is worthg mentionning...

Revanchiste
+ nihilus can drain life too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxaVPK7GNFA&list=PLiY79RUdw2Vw9USuN7f_SxaCsTKpmTjzp&index=10
Sorry this is the only clip.. Cannot find the original stuff...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.