Thanos vs Lady of Pain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Fight to the Death. Lady of Pain from the Planescape setting vs Thanos in Sigil, the City of Doors.

trexalfa
Lady of Pain stomps unless this is Thanos with the Heart of the Universe.

Astner
The Lady of Pain's battle with Vecna tore apart the multiverse.

NemeBro
Not every day you see a Lady of Pain thread.

And yeah, she stomps. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thanks for the input guys. Hmm, I though this would be a good battle.
I tried to put the DnD Gods and divine beings in relation to the comic heroes.

Thor is an intermediate power in DnD and a Herald in Marvel, while Odin is a greater power, though in Asgard I would rank him as an Overpower, like Ao in Toril (outside of it he is below greater powers). This seemed reasonable. The Lady of Pain is like an Overpower in Sigil, if you consider how she killed Aoskar the greater power of portals, but Vecna did not only invade Sigil, he resisted her and she needed the help of a group of Adventures (and/or Demigods) to kick him out of the City. Neither Vecna nor the Lady of Pain warped the Multiverse by themselves though IIRC, Vecna could only do it because of Sigil and it's place in the DnD Multiverse. In other words, the City of Doors was the plot device that made this possible (like an Infinite Gauntlet). Without this on a normal Battleground the struggle between Vecna and the Lady would have annyoed maybe a pantheon that would put an end to them imo.
Thanos imho opinion took on Odin in Asgard and survived, yeah he was beaten and stood no chance, yet he did good and Odin in Marvel seems to have a greater range and depth of power.
That was my reasoning to put him against the Lady of Pain.

So who in Marvel or DC would be a good challange?

BTW do you think this reasonable:
DnD - Marvel
Demigods = low Heralds, Hercules in Marvel and DnD
Lesser Gods = mid Heralds, the Fallen One in Marvel, Vecna in DnD
Intermediate Gods = high Heralds, Thor in Marvel and DnD
Greater Gods = Trans to Skyfather, Odin in Marvel and DC

Astner
It's not really that easy to compare deities and demigods from Dungeons & Dragons to to the various rankings used to categorize comic characters. Partially because the deities and demigods powers are immortal and their powers magic-based, so certain Herald-class characters have no means of fighting them to begin with.

But a good basis for comparison would bebig grinemigods ~ MetahumansLesser Gods ~ HeraldsIntermediate Gods ~ TranscendentsGreater Gods ~ SkyfathersOverpowers ~ Abstracts

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Astner
It's not really that easy to compare deities and demigods from Dungeons & Dragons to to the various rankings used to categorize comic characters. Partially because the deities and demigods powers are immortal and their powers magic-based, so certain Herald-class characters have no means of fighting them to begin with.

But a good basis for comparison would bebig grinemigods ~ MetahumansLesser Gods ~ HeraldsIntermediate Gods ~ TranscendentsGreater Gods ~ SkyfathersOverpowers ~ Abstracts

They can still die and have been killed. Also 4e had stats for some Gods, 5e has Tiamats stats too. Except of this Herald went up against seemingly immortal beings. But overall I agree, it's hard to compare.

thumb up Nice list.

Are you playing D&D btw?

Overpowers like Ao are even harder to compare. Some like Chaos would be abstracts, while some like Ao would be more like Mephisto level or Dormammu in their real and far weaker outside.

Where would you place the Lady of Pain, in Sigil and outside? In Pages of Pain it is hinted that she is the daughter of Poseidon and Akadi.
And where would you place Asmodeus?

There should be a Tier List with non comic chars.

NemeBro
Tharizdun would have destroyed the entire multiverse had the rest of the gods not joined forces to imprison him. I don't know whether he is an Overgod or not, but he is basically the biggest bad in DnD canon I know of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.