Man of Steel recut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

relentless1
Watching Man of Steel and I realize that the only real problem I had with it is that they went the Batman Begins approach and staggered between the past and present, had it ran in sequence I believe it would have been alot better for a Superman origin to see him grow up and his challenges and hardships before becoming Superman, making the character immediately more invested in because you weren't jarred out of the experience due to the sudden timeline switches here. Probably wouldn't have had as much of a backlash from Donner purists if they kept a few of the story beats from the original haha

Anyways, does anybody agree with me or is this movie just too unbearable to watch regardless in your opinion...

Patient_Leech
Not sure why it was necessary to create another thread about it, but i can see what you mean. I watched it again a month or so ago and didnt care for it as much... this shaky cam trend needs to stop. But also a lot of the action was very heavily and obviously CGed and as a result was not particularly engaging. I like the story pretty well, though.

Quincy
I think the main problem was the way the story was structured.

The flashback triggering events is an effective way to tell a story, the only problem was that the flashbacks often had no bearing on Clark at that moment. Some flashbacks should have been placed in different parts.

quanchi112
No, the film was crap.

TheGrat1
The first two flashbacks being done in this manner would have been okay. Going from his pod crashing into the cornfield straight to the sensory overload would worked. However, the next two (the bully at the repair place and the tornado scene( coming right after those would have transitioned poorly and felt slapped together like "Oh, let's just get this backstory stuff out of the way." Spacing them out in the film as flashbacks was the best way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.