Mace Windu vs. Savage Opress/Quinlan Vos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

Who wins?

SunRazer
Mace has chances but he could also lose, and he probably will.

Darth Thor
Mace wins.

He's too skilled for Opress and too powerful for Vos.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
Mace has chances but he could also lose, and he probably will.

Huh?

Mace's Shatterpoint would easily point out the hole's in Savage's crude technique. He's strong enough to take Savage's strength and the speed to defeat him. And Vos is out of his league.

EmperorSidious2
Mace curbstomps.

SunRazer
Fighting two at once is considerably harder than fighting them independently, and Mace isn't one of the people like Dooku who has expressed talent for taking on multiple people at once. His style of combat is best against a single opponent, hence why he has chances but he could also lose. If he removes Quinlan quickly via Force, he could win.

Darth Thor
and Mace isn't one of the people like Dooku who has expressed talent for taking on multiple people at once.

Is it really a special talent to do that?

Ventress, Opress, Maul, Kenobi have all managed it. So I doubt it's something that's particularly difficult for Mace.

If this was Maul and Opress I admit it'd be difficult for Mace. But Vos and Opress? Mace stomps tbh.

SunRazer
Not necessarily, but some fighting styles are just better suited for fighting one target as opposed to others.

Most of the fights you listed are circumstantial or short-lived, or just against pretty weak people. Ventress vs Obi-Wan and Anakin etc. is just inconsistent. Well, to be honest, upon revision, Mace probably would win a majority, but it's not a stomp.

Emperordmb
Fighting two at once is considerably harder than fighting them independently, and Mace isn't one of the people like Dooku who has expressed talent for taking on multiple people at once.
I assume you mean in a legitimate duel. Because practically any Jedi on a battlefield has the proven capability to take on multiple opponents at once.

In any case, as the second most skilled Jedi in the order of his time and a Weapon Master, I certainly hope he knows how to take on multiple opponents at once.

His style of combat is best against a single opponent, hence why he has chances but he could also lose. If he removes Quinlan quickly via Force, he could win.
I'm not seeing that tbh. Between battlemind, shatterpoint, and experience as a tactician from the Clone Wars, and his proclivity for lightsaber combat, I'm not seeing multiple opponents as being some sort of kryptonite to Windu.

Plus, with Windu's mastery of all seven forms and status as a Weapon Master, he's familiar with a wide variety of forms, techniques, and weapons. As such, he would be more adaptable to these techniques in combat, which would be a boon to anybody facing two opponents with different fighting styles, and also grants Mace with several fallback options if needed.

I'm just not seeing Mace Windu being incapable of handling multiple opponents.

SunRazer
Nobody said Mace is incapable of taking on multiple opponents, only that his form isn't naturally built to do that. Of course he can acclimatize, it's just it's not the way he naturally fights (ie. he doesn't specialize in doing so). As a result, fighting two opponents is drastically different (and more difficult) than taking on each independently. However, I did overlook a considerable lack of synergy between Savage and Quinlan, so it probably won't add anything to the fight.

And fighting multiple droids at once isn't remotely comparable to fighting multiple Jedi.

Also, I hear everybody stating Mace has mastered all the forms, but is there a source for that? I know Mace mastered multiple forms, but I can't remember a source stating he mastered all seven. Regardless, Mace practically always uses Vaapad, as opposed to switching to other forms mid-duel, so I doubt those forms are genuine fallback options to begin with.

Emperordmb
Nobody said Mace is incapable of taking on multiple opponents, only that his form isn't naturally built to do that. Of course he can acclimatize, it's just it's not the way he naturally fights (ie. he doesn't specialize in doing so). As a result, fighting two opponents is drastically different (and more difficult) than taking on each independently. However, I did overlook a considerable lack of synergy between Savage and Quinlan, so it probably won't add anything to the fight.
Source? Even then, the other assets he has at his disposal aside from Vaapad make it easier for him to pull it off.

And fighting multiple droids at once isn't remotely comparable to fighting multiple Jedi.
I know, I was clarifying the difference.

Also, I hear everybody stating Mace has mastered all the forms, but is there a source for that? I know Mace mastered multiple forms, but I can't remember a source stating he mastered all seven. Regardless, Mace practically always uses Vaapad, as opposed to switching to other forms mid-duel, so I doubt those forms are genuine fallback options to begin with.
I think it's stated once in the entire EU or something, but I have seen the quote, I just don't remember it.

Eh, having mastery of the other forms still makes him more adaptable to them.

SunRazer
1. Vaapad is built on Juyo, which is a form specializing in the annihilation of single opponents.

2. Wookieepedia itself lacks a source for Mace mastering all the forms, so I'm not convinced it exists - particularly because Mace literally never uses the other forms.

EmperorSidious2

Dooku said style is meant for one on one opponents yet we see Dooku wipe the floor with several opponents.

I agree.

Well the sense that he is second only to yoda he would need to have knowledge of all seven forms. Not saying this is fact but don't Vaapad master need to have mastered or at least have sown type of skills in all other previous forms to take on vaapads exhausting practice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.