Exar Kun and Ulic run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Both are at their peak. All others are also at their peak, unless specified otherwise.

Setting: Kamino cloning facility

No amp/prep time.

1. Darach, Leneer and Zallow
2. Fisto, Koon and RotS Kenobi
3. Dooku and Mace
4. FE Malgus and HoT
5. Krayt Reborn and Cade
6. RotJ Vader and Starkiller

Trocity
Might stop at 3.

If they clear that, done at 5.

EmperorSidious2
Stops at 3

SunRazer
Down at 3. Considering this is morals on and the Sith duo don't exactly abuse Force powers, I'd say 2 has a chance of downing them too, via outdueling them.

carthage
3 should be higher up

Tondemonai
3 or 4

carthage
They'd never lose to 4 under any circumstances

Malgus is inferior to Exar in every regard, and Ulic can take either of them as well

AncientPower
Without PIS they clear.

SunRazer
I doubt Ulic beats HoT, tbh.

AncientPower
He is comparable to DE Luke as a swordsman.

SunRazer
Where does Tom say he's talking about DE Luke specifically?

AncientPower
Tom wrote for DE Luke and Ulic at the same time, they have almost exactly the same story arc, there is no reason he is referring to another version of the same character.

SunRazer
Just because he wrote DE Luke doesn't mean he's automatically referring to him. When was the interview? It could've been a look at Ulic or something, and he could've easily referred to RotJ Luke so that people could get a better understanding of Ulic as a character.

And DE Luke doesn't exactly have the same traits as Ulic.

AncientPower
Their story is exactly the same and ROTJ Luke can hardly be described as reckless, over-confident and aggressive whereas his own Luke in Dark Empire certainly can.

SunRazer
Luke in the films was certainly reckless and became aggressive at times, even over-confident.

AncientPower
DE Luke far far more so, he then also reflects Ulic's own dark side conversiom, right down to the failed infiltration and all the way up to the tragic redemption.

SunRazer
Tom never referenced, that, though.

That being said, again, he just states they're both excellent swordsmen. So what? The comparison is loose at best.

AncientPower
So we are just going to ignore that Tom wrote the exact same character development for each of them when we are discussing which one Tom would be referring to?

He said this whilst writing DE in the first place. All the comparisons are there, you simply seem to be ignoring them for some reason.

He states they are both excellent swordsmen, inherently inferring a comparison between the two in skill.

SunRazer
I asked you what the interview was for and when it took place, and you didn't seem to answer. If it was in relation to DE, then I agree with you.

A loose comparison, yes.

AncientPower
Which is an impressive accolade regardless.

Trocity
Can someone provide a link to the interview?

I'm curious to see exactly what he said.

Selenial
Agreed with Sunrazer here, when you're comparing two characters personalities and traits, saying they're both excellent swordsman doesn't inherently infer they're equals.

Although if you're going to kept pushing this:

So Malak's a Sidious level force user? Interesting roll eyes (sarcastic)

SunRazer
He said in the Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 8:

"Ulic is a prefiguration of Luke Skywalker. He's rash and impulsive, an excellent swordsman. He acts before he thinks and has an angry streak. It was very difficult working out the story of his turning to the dark side, because we had to do it in very few pages."

Trocity
Yeah okay, that's reaching. I don't see anything there worth bringing up, it really is just comparing their characteristics.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial

According to Ant, yes. no expression

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
According to Ant, yes. no expression

Even Ant only puts him at Dooku level.

Nephthys
Ant puts him > Nihilus in terms of power.

I guess Dooku is more powerful than the guy destroying planets though.....

Trocity
He said Star Forge amped Malak beats Maul with difficulty, how can he have him at Dooku level?

Unless you mean with SF amp.

Nephthys
Yes, it's almost as if the idea doesn't make any sense at all.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Selenial

Although if you're going to kept pushing this:

Just noting?

That accolade (most of the compartive list ones are) is akin to S Class in Yu Yu Hakusho.

It's factually true, but a wide as hell tier. They're the cream of the crop, but Chapter Black Yusuke gets his shit pushed in by Raizen for example

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.