The Disney plan for Rebels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I feel that Rebels is just to build up hype for Episode 7. Season 2 will premiere in early September and end before Dec 18th, when the movie comes out. Then the series will end, to be replaced by something else.

|King Joker|
Nah.

ares834
I definitely don't expect it to be around as long as TCW. The series puts up only decent numbers and it's not being bankrolled by Lucas. I'm not expecting more than 3 seasons.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I feel that Rebels is just to build up hype for Episode 7. iirc this has all but explicitly been stated by Disney.

Between the abrupt ****ing of TCW in favor of Rebels and Battlefront 3 being set entirely during the Galactic Civil War, Disney has been making a concentrated effort to get the prequels out of as many peoples' minds as possible. They want the fans to be thinking about the OT, which was more highly regarded and which Episode 7 will be the direct sequel to. This is why pretty much all PT-era focused content has stopped.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
I definitely don't expect it to be around as long as TCW. The series puts up only decent numbers and it's not being bankrolled by Lucas. I'm not expecting more than 3 seasons. Yeah, agreed. Four at best.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
I definitely don't expect it to be around as long as TCW. The series puts up only decent numbers and it's not being bankrolled by Lucas. I'm not expecting more than 3 seasons.

Most likely 3 seems like a fair number to get everything sorted, characters done and all that.

|King Joker|
Seeing some of the Rebels characters in a live-action movie would be really cool.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Tzeentch
iirc this has all but explicitly been stated by Disney.

Between the abrupt ****ing of TCW in favor of Rebels and Battlefront 3 being set entirely during the Galactic Civil War, Disney has been making a concentrated effort to get the prequels out of as many peoples' minds as possible. They want the fans to be thinking about the OT, which was more highly regarded and which Episode 7 will be the direct sequel to. This is why pretty much all PT-era focused content has stopped.

thumb up

Darth Abonis
Yeah, maybe 2 was a little too hasty. 3 seems like the golden number, since they said season 1 was very much a new hope and that season 2 was very much empire strikes back. season 3 will probably be very much Return of the Jedi.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Yeah, maybe 2 was a little too hasty. 3 seems like the golden number, since they said season 1 was very much a new hope and that season 2 was very much empire strikes back. season 3 will probably be very much Return of the Jedi.

Good point tbh.

Revanchiste
Because the show work they won't kill the main character yet...

quanchi112
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Seeing some of the Rebels characters in a live-action movie would be really cool. I agree.

RexCloneWarsMVS
Maybe the clone wars will continue after episode 9?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.