Plagueis vs. Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Both are at their peak.

No amp/ prep time.

Setting: Mustafar

Angelalex242
Plaguies in great fight. Krayt ends up roasted.

EmperorSidious2
Plagues

Trocity
2 comments so far and both have managed to spell "Plagueis" incorrectly.

carthage
Plagees

SunRazer
Krayt's pretty damn approachable to Hego on the front of raw power, and I honestly think he could potentially be just as skilled (or only a notch or two behind at most). Hego's noticeable physical edges gives him the upper hand, though.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer
I honestly think he could potentially be just as skilled (or only a notch or two behind at most)

Skill isn't really Plagueis's area of expertise in the first place tbh.

Trocity
I was gonna say, skill is what Krayt has over Plagueis imo.

I might be overrating Krayt as a duelist but I have him as one of the very best in the mythos ( slightly above Dooku ).

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Trocity
I was gonna say, skill is what Krayt has over Plagueis imo.

I might be overrating Krayt as a duelist but I have him as one of the very best in the mythos ( slightly above Dooku ).

In terms of technical skill, or are you also factoring in speed/strength/endurance as well?

Q99
How does Plagueis rate in strength and endurace anyway?

NewGuy01
The dude was crushing skulls and punching through armored torsos with his bare hands during the Maladian incident.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Skill isn't really Plagueis's area of expertise in the first place tbh.

So what? That hardly makes him inept in the area.

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The dude was crushing skulls and punching through armored torsos with his bare hands during the Maladian incident.

Ah, so he's strong too.

Still, if he's at a skill disadvantage, then that fairly cancels out his speed advantage. He never actually beat a high-level duelist with just speed.

SunRazer
I doubt he's disadvantaged in the skill department.

Q99
I doubt he's disadvantaged in the skill department.

What has he done to show in sword skill? Every tough foe he fought, he merely held them off with saber but won with force. And that even with his high speed.

If he normally has a speed edge, and still doesn't win in saber, that suggests to me that his skill isn't particularly overwhelming (when compared to other high tiers at least).

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Krayt might be stronger then Darth Caedus. The former's performance against Abeloth is an eye-opener.

SunRazer
He's only fought one person on-panel with a saber (and he didn't win with the Force), but the fact that the latter person was trained their entire life solely to kill Plagueis and replace him, and the other circumstances of the fight which were heavily skewed in his opponent's favor, such as his opponent knowing his form inside-out, makes the feat as impressive as anything Krayt has ever done, except possibly outskilling Cade "with ease", as some interpret.

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
What has he done to show in sword skill? Every tough foe he fought, he merely held them off with saber but won with force. And that even with his high speed.

If he normally has a speed edge, and still doesn't win in saber, that suggests to me that his skill isn't particularly overwhelming (when compared to other high tiers at least). Jesus lol. Venamis knew how Plagueis fought inside and out and had been training specifically to kill him for years, it's not really a surprise that Plagueis found that fight difficult on his first time fighting him (and he had no speed edge in that fight; he kept it at an impasse based on his skill alone, and won through goading Venamis into poorly managing his energy). It's a far better feat of skill and adaptability than people like to give credit for simply because Venamis is an unknown. Even having said that, again: Venamis is an ambidextrous master of multiple lightsaber forms and can switch between them at a whim, was noted as being particularly agile and unpredictable, is a lightsaber enthusiast just like Tenebrous (Plagueis in contrast found them to be tedious), and can even fight while suspending himself in mid-air. Despite being built up to being such a great fighter, and despite being able to predict Plagueis' every move seamlessly, Plagueis still managed to defeat him.

It's a fairly unique type of skill feat but it's definitely at least in Krayt's territory.

Sinious
thumb up

Arhael
I like how people here elevate a featless characters to Krayt based on a fight with another featless character.

Stigma
Originally posted by ILS
Jesus lol. Venamis knew how Plagueis fought inside and out and had been training specifically to kill him for years, it's not really a surprise that Plagueis found that fight difficult on his first time fighting him (and he had no speed edge in that fight; he kept it at an impasse based on his skill alone, and won through goading Venamis into poorly managing his energy). It's a far better feat of skill and adaptability than people like to give credit for simply because Venamis is an unknown. Even having said that, again: Venamis is an ambidextrous master of multiple lightsaber forms and can switch between them at a whim, was noted as being particularly agile and unpredictable, is a lightsaber enthusiast just like Tenebrous (Plagueis in contrast found them to be tedious), and can even fight while suspending himself in mid-air. Despite being built up to being such a great fighter, and despite being able to predict Plagueis' every move seamlessly, Plagueis still managed to defeat him.

It's a fairly unique type of skill feat but it's definitely at least in Krayt's territory.
thumb up

SunRazer
Originally posted by Arhael
I like how people here elevate a featless characters to Krayt based on a fight with another featless character.

I love how people dismiss the fight as against a featless character instead of interpreting the circumstances of the fight and the fact that Venamis is clearly a very skilful combatant.

Everybody's inherently featless because X beats Y who beats Z who beats A etc. who eventually gets down to a featless level.

NewGuy01
I love how people dismiss the fight as against a featless character instead of interpreting the circumstances of the fight and the fact that Venamis is clearly a very skilful combatant.

Everybody's inherently featless because X beats Y who beats Z who beats A etc. who eventually gets down to a featless level.

thumb up

Q99

Right. No-one here is featless. Krayt is... almost the opposite of featless, having direct comparisons to known characters from half a dozen eras. Kenobi, Anakin, Cade, Abeloth, Morne. Plus some good vs groups of foes feats, like vs Vong and Imperial Knights.

Plaguies is certainly lighter on feats, but still has several, mostly in force, and we have some comparison at the end of his career to Sidious, who's quite known. To talk his saber feats specifically, while Venamis is certainly skilled, the fact that he's well-trained doesn't change that, in turn, he has fought no-one else, has nothing to really establish his baseline, and there are very skilled fighters with lots of praise who are still

I mean, is Venamis Shaak Ti level? Shaak Ti is a famed duelist who got high praise from sources who'd know. Kas'im level? He's got tons of praise in terms of style and skill. Ventress level? TPM Maul level? Those two were each trained to be weapons.

He could be any of those.

Though in melee combat, Plagueis doesn't just have the Venamis feat, he also has his performance against the mercenaries. He showed himself quite able in hand to hand,and able to avoid most, but obviously not all, their attacks.

carthage
Kas'im or Shaak wouldn't last a second in a duel with Plagueis, lol

NewGuy01

No, but I doubt it's the area that's going to give him an edge over Krayt. erm

SunRazer
I said they could be around even.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Q99
Right. No-one here is featless. Krayt is... almost the opposite of featless, having direct comparisons to known characters from half a dozen eras. Kenobi, Anakin, Cade, Abeloth, Morne. Plus some good vs groups of foes feats, like vs Vong and Imperial Knights.

Your examples include Force-based showings, which isn't relevant to my point about skill feats.

I didn't say Krayt is featless - the fact of matter is that nobody is "featless", except for fodder - hence why they're deemed such. Venamis has feats of switching between multiple forms mid-combat, continuing a duel whilst levitating in mid-air, etc. which is at least indicative of considerable skill, as well as the fact that Tenebrous personally groomed him for his entire life for the sole purpose of killing Plagueis and taking his place at Tenebrous's side.

Well, that's precisely why there's something called reasonable inference. Plagueis has the fact that he was the one who trained Sidious, who clearly outclasses everybody you mentioned as a duelist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.