Realistically, how dangerous would a Dark Jedi be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
Let's say...you put 1 standard/average no named Dark Jedi on a fairly populated planet in a city, this Dark Jedi having moderate ability and good control in using standard Force abilities. This planet having a fairly good city, it's own law enforcement, hyperspace level technology and so on.

Now without involving other Force Users such as Jedi or Sith.

How dangerous would this particular Dark Jedi be against the people and law officials of the planet?

Would said Dark Jedi be able to take over the city? Or would the law officers be able to work out a plan to bring him down?

DarthAnt66
Ajunta Paul solos the planet. thumb up

NewGuy01
Ajunta Saul*

Pretty dangerous, assuming there were no other Jedi Knights there to stop him.

Zenwolf
No no guys, your standard/average Dark Jedi. No named people.

FreshestSlice
They would probably be overwhelmed by a few dozen people, honestly.

carthage
Probably more than a certain Dark lord that got trashed by mercenaries

Q99
Very dangerous, because a normal Dark Jedi isn't going to rampage, but sneak around, get to the people in charge, use intimidation and manipulation, and get power that way.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Q99
Very dangerous, because a normal Dark Jedi isn't going to rampage, but sneak around, get to the people in charge, use intimidation and manipulation, and get power that way.

You think Law Enforcement if they got wind of such a person, would be able to take them out with proper time to prepare?

Col. Valerian
I think taking over the planet depends more on this individual's intelligence rather than his or her power. He'd probably be discovered sooner or later and wouldn't pull it off.

Fated Xtasy
Hmm, depends really, realistically the Dark Jedi should be able to cause a lot of damage. If he's smart he'd root out the corrupt officials and make deals with em, manipulate and misdirect guards, fight only when he needs to.

That said, coordinate well enough, draw him/her in and with lots of guns(and men/women trained to use them) You could overwhelm a single Dark Jedi.

I don't know, it really just depends on what type of Dark Jedi he is. Is he like Set Harth? intelligent and savvy? or like Xanatos, cunning, manipulative, deceptive and savvy? lot of variables imo

TerasKasi1023
It's strange, because like the guy above said intelligence is the key factor in dominating a world no matter how cut off it may be to the larger Galaxy. IIRC Sidious once said a jedi could set himself/herself up as a king if he/she so desired but that comes into question when you think about how many Dark Jedi are like Tol Skorr as opposed to Asajj ventress. Tol didn't strike me as too powerful or too smart and he was considered one of Dooku's better acolytes, that would mean an "average" Dark Jedi would be equal to or weaker than Tol Skorr. Now ask yourself, could Tol Skorr take over an entire world similar to Naboo?

Lord Stark
Mmm, very dangerous. With the use of mind domination the Dark Jedi could likely gain control of a good portion of the military/ law enforcement before they can figure out what's going on.

Darth Abonis
It depends on how smart that person is. If he is just criminal, he might evade capture for a few weeks, then would probably be forced to flee off planet, if he didn't have any allies or cohesive plan.

Q99
Originally posted by Zenwolf
You think Law Enforcement if they got wind of such a person, would be able to take them out with proper time to prepare?

Not unless they're very exceptional law enforcement.

A trained forceuser has no problem getting to the leaders of any law enforcement agency, after all. Or those leader's bosses.

--

Legacy has an issue of Darth Kruhl taking over a planet for the Sith on his own. He sniffed out a local leader he could get on his side, and eliminated the ones who refused and planned to fight. Kruhl's not a no-name, seems to be an elite member of Sith Intelligence even, but he's also not a big name. Force users can pretty much find those willing to support them, and eliminate those not.

Legacy 2 had a Snivvan Sith working under cover and having made himself a major politician in just a few years, and another sith became a very influential ambassador.

If a force user wants to hide, and they aren't overly distinctive in appearance, they can.

Sure, if you can set a trap for them, you can take them out, but I think that's only doable either if the force user is particularly unsubtle, or the locals are particularly savvy and can set it up without tipping them off.

Originally posted by TerasKasi1023
It's strange, because like the guy above said intelligence is the key factor in dominating a world no matter how cut off it may be to the larger Galaxy. IIRC Sidious once said a jedi could set himself/herself up as a king if he/she so desired but that comes into question when you think about how many Dark Jedi are like Tol Skorr as opposed to Asajj ventress. Tol didn't strike me as too powerful or too smart and he was considered one of Dooku's better acolytes, that would mean an "average" Dark Jedi would be equal to or weaker than Tol Skorr. Now ask yourself, could Tol Skorr take over an entire world similar to Naboo?

I think a Dark Jedi at Tol Skorr's level of power could if they were smart about it, at least. Depending on the world.

WildBantha88
Very dangerous. Take a person with hypersonic combat speed and reaction time, increased physical stats, faster mental processing speeds, a force sense, precognition, moderate control of Tk and Tp and who has an extremely high tech sword. Take away the bulk of his morals and set him loose and trouble is bound to happen.

Jedi are guys trained in military tactics, negotiations, politics ex, from a young age because they are going to be required to solve these problems and mediate, so every Jedi has all this under their boot plus superior brain function due to the Force. Meaning even the "dumb" Jedi are smarter than the average person. This all spells bad news

Zenwolf
All interesting responses folks, I like.

Q99
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Very dangerous. Take a person with hypersonic combat speed and reaction time, increased physical stats, faster mental processing speeds, a force sense, precognition, moderate control of Tk and Tp and who has an extremely high tech sword. Take away the bulk of his morals and set him loose and trouble is bound to happen.

Jedi are guys trained in military tactics, negotiations, politics ex, from a young age because they are going to be required to solve these problems and mediate, so every Jedi has all this under their boot plus superior brain function due to the Force. Meaning even the "dumb" Jedi are smarter than the average person. This all spells bad news

I wouldn't say the force makes someone smarter... the best scientists and strategists are often non-force users.

Though definitely the case that they think faster, and rarely caught flat-footed for long, and like you say, they're trained for tactics, negotiations, and politics, so they're still well more educated on how to do this than most others.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Q99
Not unless they're very exceptional law enforcement.

So enforcement like CorSec, Courscant Security Force and Senate Guard/Commandos?

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't say the force makes someone smarter... the best scientists and strategists are often non-force users.

Though definitely the case that they think faster, and rarely caught flat-footed for long, and like you say, they're trained for tactics, negotiations, and politics, so they're still well more educated on how to do this than most others. it was confirmed by Mander Zuma that all Force wielders have faster mental processing speed than normal people, I assumed that meant higher brain activity in general as well but I may be wrong

WildBantha88
Bleh

Beniboybling
Who was that Dark Jedi from the Bane Trilogy again? He did pretty well for himself...

Emperordmb
Set Harth? He probably has one of the happiest endings in the entire SW universe. While everyone else is killing each other trying to change the Galaxy, he's ****ing partying and finding artifacts and knowledge with the physicality of himself in his 20s forever lol.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by WildBantha88
it was confirmed by Mander Zuma that all Force wielders have faster mental processing speed than normal people, I assumed that meant higher brain activity in general as well but I may be wrong

No offense but I have to disagree with that. Thinking faster is not the same as thinking "better." A good example would be Blitzen from DC comics. At first she believed that she should be the leader of her team because of her ability to think faster (as you say, faster mental processing). Later she admitted that a teammate had made better tactical decisions ("made the winning call" as she put it) and readily turned over leadership to her.

Q99
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So enforcement like CorSec, Courscant Security Force and Senate Guard/Commandos?

Them, or Mandalorians, yea.

Pretty much only major planets will have people good enough.

And even then, they can usually gain some power trying to worm their way up through other channels, so those forces really need to be on guard.

NewGuy01
Depends on the nature and intelligence of the Dark Jedi. If it were me who had these powers, worming my way into an executive position in the planet's government with mindtricks would be plausible, and from such a position I could be very dangerous. If I come across someone along the line who could resist my mental powers, I could entice or threaten them in other ways to do my bidding.

All in all, a fairly competent Dark Jedi could have a planet assuming there's no Jedi intervention involved.

Emperordmb
I'd imagine it also depends on the population of the planet. If it's just like a colony or something, there shouldn't be much opposition even if the Dark Jedi decided to go full on murder everyone.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by chilled monkey
No offense but I have to disagree with that. Thinking faster is not the same as thinking "better." A good example would be Blitzen from DC comics. At first she believed that she should be the leader of her team because of her ability to think faster (as you say, faster mental processing). Later she admitted that a teammate had made better tactical decisions ("made the winning call" as she put it) and readily turned over leadership to her. like I said, I could be wrong. In any case Jedi are highly educated and are generally highly intelligent people

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd imagine it also depends on the population of the planet. If it's just like a colony or something, there shouldn't be much opposition even if the Dark Jedi decided to go full on murder everyone.

Yea, a small planet, the Dark Jedi could just go warlord.

Medium sized planet, the Dark Jedi would need to use smarts, mind tricks, intimidation, and assassination, but could do so.

It's only the really big ones where they're unlikely to get to the throne.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.