Universe swap. Who Perfoms the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
Spider-man in Gotham.

Punisher in Gotham.

Daredevil in Gotham.

Heroes for hire in Gotham.

Who gets the most done? Who makes the most positive impact? Who dies? Anyone do a better job than the bat?

The villains faced are the standard bat family villains, no superman or justice league villains, well, use your own judgement, scale the villains appropriately.

Supermutant
Whose on the H4H team?

StiltmanFTW
Spiderman dies.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Supermutant
Whose on the H4H team?

Cage and IF

Flyattractor
Spidey and Luke Cage are overkill in a setting with no real Super Powers.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Spidey and Luke Cage are overkill in a setting with no real Super Powers.

Joker has no 'super powers', so to speak, how dangerous is he?

Henry_Pym
Danny turns Gotham into a utopia in a few hours.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Juk3n
Joker has no 'super powers', so to speak, how dangerous is he?

Stratergy wise I think Joker could run rings around peter but if he lets Petey get close enough for physical confrontation then Joker lose due to spider-man cis/pis.

Blue Area Vet
Any of them would clean the cesspoole up in a fairly short period of time. Moonknight would have a field day as well. But I think Punisher would be the one that is most in his element. You have to kill those Gothem drecks, so he's my vote.

Flyattractor
Yeah because thanks to DD and Punisher NYC is Crime Free.

Henry_Pym
Stratergy wise I think Joker could run rings around peter but if he lets Petey get close enough for physical confrontation then Joker lose due to spider-man cis/pis. the SS pretty much craps on Joker surprising Parker

Henry_Pym
Yeah because thanks to DD and Punisher NYC is Crime Free. there are crime bosses way outside there pay grade in NY though.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
the SS pretty much craps on Joker surprising Parker
I used the Joker. The Joker wouldn't give a shit about Spidey like he does Bats. Joker would just play with Spidey and probably kill half the people in the city before Peter even figures out what is going on.

Surtur
I think Punisher could do well, but I would also think he'd probably want to avoid people like Clayface.

Mindset
Originally posted by Surtur
I think Punisher could do well, but I would also think he'd probably want to avoid people like Clayface. Unless he lost it all, he has tech that can handle any Batman rogue.

Blue Area Vet
I used the Joker. The Joker wouldn't give a shit about Spidey like he does Bats. Joker would just play with Spidey and probably kill half the people in the city before Peter even figures out what is going on.

Spidey could pluck Joker one hard time and kill him. Plus, he'd likely frustrate Joker with his borderline insane sense of humor.

Supermutant
Yeah because thanks to DD and Punisher NYC is Crime Free.

This is a great place point. A place like Hell's Kitchen is far from crime free and there are multiple Hell's Kitchen like blocks in Gotham.

And this would really depend if the Marvel Heroes had any knowledge of the more unique Gotham villains. For example Poison Ivy's pheromones and toxins could cause a lot of damage in a random encounter w/out an antidote. Someone like Matt who has a history of "picking up bad girls" like Elektra, Echo, Black Cat, Typhoid Mary seems very susceptible.

Plus Kingpin gives most of these heroes all they can handle by himself. Plus when they do catch the villains the eventually and routine Arkham jail break might just wear them down.

I don't think they would be as successful as Bruce. Heroes 4 Hire comes the closest b/c a lot of Batman work involves investigation. Also for a loner type Bruce has a nice network in Gotham with the Birds of Prey and his Bat-Family to help him out in a pinch.

What people are forgetting is that this would rarely be just a hero/villain one on one fight. For instance, the Joker would have already had a plan to kill most of the population with Joker gas. Peter's scientific mind would come in handy here, but would he be able to stop Joker and make a cure before casualties mount up by himself?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Supermutant
This is a great place point. A place like Hell's Kitchen is far from crime free and there are multiple Hell's Kitchen like blocks in Gotham.

And this would really depend if the Marvel Heroes had any knowledge of the more unique Gotham villains. For example Poison Ivy's pheromones and toxins could cause a lot of damage in a random encounter w/out an antidote. Someone like Matt who has a history of "picking up bad girls" like Elektra, Echo, Black Cat, Typhoid Mary seems very susceptible.

Plus Kingpin gives most of these heroes all they can handle by himself. Plus when they do catch the villains the eventually and routine Arkham jail break might just wear them down.

I don't think they would be as successful as Bruce. Heroes 4 Hire comes the closest b/c a lot of Batman work involves investigation. Also for a loner type Bruce has a nice network in Gotham with the Birds of Prey and his Bat-Family to help him out in a pinch.

What people are forgetting is that this would rarely be just a hero/villain one on one fight. For instance, the Joker would have already had a plan to kill most of the population with Joker gas. Peter's scientific mind would come in handy here, but would he be able to stop Joker and make a cure before casualties mount up by himself?

This.

How many Mob bosses are still alive in NYC? Frank hasn't actually killed them all. Kingpin is just a human guy, no powers (freakish strength, obv, but he's hardly bulletproof, or can shapeshift, etc). The Mafia are still a big deal in NYC - now imagine crime bosses, with more powers.

Spidey would do worst. Sure, he has Gobby and Kraven and Carnage, but the sheer insanity of some of Gotham's villains (Professor Pyg, 2 Face etc) would lead him to underestimate them - he's no bleeding heart liberal, sure, but neither is he as hardcore as Batman. And whilst he takes pity on them, and lets his guard down, that's when they'll hurt him. It may not be in a face to face, h2h fight - but they will get him.

My vote is for Heroes for Hire doing the best. Punisher would be on the run not only from the mobs, but the authorities as well - they take a dim view of Bats as it is.

Daredevil - unfamiliar city, smells, sounds, it'll take him a while to adjust. If he can survive that, he can do well.

Spiderman, in a straight up fight, does the best. If we take the simplistic view of him studying all the villains, and going out every night prepped for Clayface, Ivy et al. But that is incredibly naive, if that is all that's needed to clean the city up (and begs the question, why are the Silvermanes/Kingpin/Angelone etc organisations still around?)

riv6672
The question isnt who'd do better than Batman, who has basically unlimited wealth, a team of heroes to call on (Bat Family), and enjoys a working relationship with the police, and still hasnt "cleaned up" Gotham, but who does best.

The Punisher would initially be most effective, by virtue of no repeat villains, but would be a bit out of his league against the more esoteric villains and fighting the police at the same time.

DD and H4H would be effective in the long run. None of them are killers, but all are very competent.

Owing to the nature of DC, where on average, heroes enjoy greater support from the public, i think Spider-man would do best overall.
A hero with the power to take on the esoterics, the brains to match wits with the planners, who can operate at night, but would also be establishing himself during the day in a way Batman never has.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
The question isnt who'd do better than Batman, who has basically unlimited wealth, a team of heroes to call on (Bat Family), and enjoys a working relationship with the police, and still hasnt "cleaned up" Gotham, but who does best.

The Punisher would initially be most effective, by virtue of no repeat villains, but would be a bit out of his league against the more esoteric villains and fighting the police at the same time.

DD and H4H would be effective in the long run. None of them are killers, but all are very competent.

Owing to the nature of DC, where on average, heroes enjoy greater support from the public, i think Spider-man would do best overall.
A hero with the power to take on the esoterics, the brains to match wits with the planners, who can operate at night, but would also be establishing himself during the day in a way Batman never has.

Good response.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672

Originally posted by Juk3n
Who gets the most done? Who makes the most positive impact? Who dies? Anyone do a better job than the bat?

Does this mean,IYO (honest q), that ultimately, none of them can surpass Batman due to the advantages Bats has?

I wonder if Spidey will have to change his entire modus operandi. Start working at night (where most of Gotham crime seems to occur). He'd lack intel from the street (hence Bats' working relationship with the Penguin, and his many disguises).

riv6672
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Good response.
Thank you.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Does this mean,IYO (honest q), that ultimately, none of them can surpass Batman due to the advantages Bats has?

I wonder if Spidey will have to change his entire modus operandi. Start working at night (where most of Gotham crime seems to occur). He'd lack intel from the street (hence Bats' working relationship with the Penguin, and his many disguises).
I dont think anyone would be significantly worse, even Punisher, who would likely not last as long in the City.
I think Spidey would do best overall, and no, i dont think he'd have to change his MO that much. He operates about equally before and after sundown.

Scoobless
The Superior Spider-Man would love it in Gotham

Blue Area Vet
Ghost rider might do the most damage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.