Barsenthor vs. TCW Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: TCW feats only for Anakin

Round 2: EU feats allowed

Battle takes place in the Aing Tii cave

Trocity
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Barsen'thor stomps round 1 and wins round 2 comfortably.

Lord Stark
Skywalker demolishes.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Trocity

thumb up

NTJack0
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Skywalker demolishes.

Sinious
Anakin would have to be in a very focused state of mind to keep up with Barsen'thor force attacks.

SunRazer
The Consular's Force Powers are fairly comparable to Anakin's as of this point in time - and he's actually fairly underrated in lightsaber proficiency, as well. He can put up at least a reasonable challenge in dueling, but won't be able to win a single round.

Nephthys
The Barsen'thor, whilst greatly weakened and after fighting through dozens or hundreds of troops, managed to defeat an ancient Sith Lord drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters. She's above Anakin as a fighter.

AncientPower
Anakin completely outfought Darth Tyranus and Mace Windu believed Anakin may have been the strongest Jedi alive for having done so.

SunRazer
Vivicar's power isn't in question, but his talents with a blade aren't comparable to Anakin's most reputable enemies - Tyranus, especially.

Nephthys
I never said it was. But Thor's victory is still better than anything TCW Anakin has done.

Originally posted by AncientPower
Anakin completely outfought Darth Tyranus and Mace Windu believed Anakin may have been the strongest Jedi alive for having done so.

Really, which episode?

SunRazer
Not necessarily. The circumstances of the fight are difficult to determine. Anakin boasts physical and skilful superiority, and the Consular doesn't have any meaningful edge in Force power to swing it in his favor.

Nephthys
She has miles of Force Mastery over him and is far better at using it in combat. Also, she is more powerful imo. Anakin's lightsaber skill can be nullified by her blocking his saber with the Force if it comes to it.

SunRazer
That's not something the Consular can pull off every single time, considering that Anakin is faster than either the First Son or the Consular him/herself.

And he/she isn't more powerful, if we're including feats and the fact that Anakin just has tremendous reserves but isn't as skilful at directing it. The Consular having greater mastery of his own power isn't a conclusive enough edge to give him the decisive victory.

Nephthys
Yet the Consular pulled if off after being surprised while talking at close range. She put up the barrier while Syo was in mid-swing.

She has greater Force feats than him, Anakin's tremendous reserves don't matter considering he's barely scratched his potential at this point. Even Barriss managed to Force Push him at one point. Her greater mastery shines through her superior Force showings and her immense skill in combat Force-use is evident in her victories, accolades and descriptions.

SunRazer
I suggest not going down the road with accolades.

Regarding her feat, the First Son used surprise to TK the Consular's saber out of his hand. The element of surprise wouldn't have been as strong afterwards - the Consular being able to hold him off is good, but against a faster opponent with stronger Force reserves? It's not a safeguard.

And TCW Anakin literally has never shown the power he's supposed to, with only a few exceptions. You have some pretty ridiculous anti-Anakin stuff going on there, too.

S_W_LeGenD
Barsen'thor III

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
Really, which episode? watch?v=kSO1SjHQfCA
And in another episode Dooku required 4 Magnaguards to beat him, and despite that was disarmed:
watch?v=aqeEjv1_eOc
Anakin doesn't have the best Force barriers but the punishment he endures in both those duels is pretty telling, the Barsenthor might be able to knock Anakin on his ass a few times but she's not going to do any significant damage, she just isn't powerful enough.

All Anakin needs to do is close the gap and press a martial engagement, and that's something that the Barsenthor realistically has no hope of winning. I don't think there is much disparity between Anakin in TCW and Anakin in the EU, so he wins both rounds for the same reasons.

Trocity
thumb up

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
She has miles of Force Mastery over him and is far better at using it in combat. Also, she is more powerful imo. Anakin's lightsaber skill can be nullified by her blocking his saber with the Force if it comes to it.

She has no tutaminis feats. And considering a child of the Emperor landed lightning attacks on her, and when Darth Lachriss attacked with lightning she had to block it with her lightsaber not her hands, this is baseless.

Anakin consistently performs well against Darth Tyranus, who is above anyone Thor ever faced.

McP
Skywalker demolishes.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
I suggest not going down the road with accolades.

Regarding her feat, the First Son used surprise to TK the Consular's saber out of his hand. The element of surprise wouldn't have been as strong afterwards - the Consular being able to hold him off is good, but against a faster opponent with stronger Force reserves? It's not a safeguard.

And TCW Anakin literally has never shown the power he's supposed to, with only a few exceptions. You have some pretty ridiculous anti-Anakin stuff going on there, too.

I'm not really aware of Anakin possessing many accolades about his skill with the Force.

It doesn't matter about the element of surprise afterwards, Thor was distracted by her lightsaber and by the time she turned back to Syo he was swinging at her. She managed to get the barrier up very quickly in that regard. Anakin would be attacking her head on and she'd be able to fully focus on him and react easier.

Literally never? What about Mortis? That's like the only time he ever showed the power he's supposed to have. I don't have anti-Anakin stuff I just think he's overrated.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
watch?v=kSO1SjHQfCA
And in another episode Dooku required 4 Magnaguards to beat him, and despite that was disarmed:
watch?v=aqeEjv1_eOc

Anakin doesn't have the best Force barriers but the punishment he endures in both those duels is pretty telling, the Barsenthor might be able to knock Anakin on his ass a few times but she's not going to do any significant damage, she just isn't powerful enough.

All Anakin needs to do is close the gap and press a martial engagement, and that's something that the Barsenthor realistically has no hope of winning. I don't think there is much disparity between Anakin in TCW and Anakin in the EU, so he wins both rounds for the same reasons.

Huh, I could have sworn I asked about Anakin completely outfighting Dooku, not losing to him twice. How weird. Also I'm pretty sure Dooku let himself get disarmed to set up the zapps.

Thor also isn't an arrogant tool like Dooku who just lets Anakin get up all the time. If she smashes him through a wall, she's going to keep picking him up while he's dazed and smashing him until he loses consciousness. Considering the kind of concussive force she can put out I wouldn't underestimate how much blunt force trauma she can inflict on him. Anakin has good durability but he does get put on his knee's quite a bit.

I already pointed out that the Barsen'thor has ways of countering a melee charge. I doubt she's as vulnerable to those tactics as you'd think, she's very experienced against Sith and his a truly skilled force wielder. I could just as easily say that all she needs to do is keep Anakin at range and beat him down and he has no realistic way of winning.

She has no tutaminis feats. And considering a child of the Emperor landed lightning attacks on her, and when Darth Lachriss attacked with lightning she had to block it with her lightsaber not her hands, this is baseless.

Anakin consistently performs well against Darth Tyranus, who is above anyone Thor ever faced.

Force Barrier, not tutaminis. See my respect thread for details.

Dooku might be above Vivicar, but not so much so that doing well against him is better than Thor beating Vivicar while weakened and worn down from fighting through his ship. She has beat a Child of the Emperor, then beat 2 of them at once and then beat the First Son all in a row.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.