Mace Windu Versus Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
Okay before you guys start freaking out I am well aware of they duel they had in ROTS. Obviously. However, neither used their force abilities except for force speed. Sidious was also holding back to some degree. Lets say these two battled in the forests of Alderaan. Both are using their force abilities, Sidious is not holding back, Mace DOES NOT have the AMP he did during the ROTS duel.

Selenial
Sidious stomps, the ****?

NewGuy01
Sidious is the one who needs a handicap here, not Mace.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Selenial

I wouldn't say he stomps. That term is misused among the Star Wars fandom. Mace vs Sidious is not a stomp. Galen Marek vs TCW Ahsoka is a stomp. ROTS Anakin vs The Inquisitor is a stomp. Even Mace Windu vs Ventress 10/10 isn't a stomp. Even if Mace wins 10/10 times one of those fights Ventress could have lasted a long time.

DarthAnt66
lol ^

NewGuy01
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
I wouldn't say he stomps. That term is misused among the Star Wars fandom. Mace vs Sidious is not a stomp. Galen Marek vs TCW Ahsoka is a stomp. ROTS Anakin vs The Inquisitor is a stomp. Even Mace Windu vs Ventress 10/10 isn't a stomp. Even if Mace wins 10/10 times one of those fights Ventress could have lasted a long time.

So what do you call it when Sidious picks Mace up with the Force and thrashes him to death via groundslam?

Zenwolf
Uh without the amp, Mace couldn't even react to Sidious so...yeah...he dies.

EmperorSidious2
Okay before you guys start freaking out I am well aware of they duel they had in ROTS. Obviously. However, neither used their force abilities except for force speed. Sidious was also holding back to some degree. Lets say these two battled in the forests of Alderaan. Both are using their force abilities, Sidious is not holding back, Mace DOES NOT have the AMP he did during the ROTS duel.

Well with that even with the amp Sidiosu would just stalemate him forever until he got the chance to use his force abilities because in the novel it says that even vaapad was not enough to take out the Sith Lord so with that they would stalemate, however since he doesn't have his amp Sidious stomps him.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So what do you call it when Sidious picks Mace up with the Force and thrashes him to death via groundslam?

Mace rolling on floor laughing

Sidious: Happy Dance

I don't think Sidious could penetrate Mace's force wall so easily. Yes, Mace did have an insane AMP which was a one time thing. Yes, Sidious easily speed blitzed Agen Kolar and Tinn. But however, Mace has shown a very high skill level in force speed and physical augmentation. During the battles of Dantooine and Coruscant, he blasted entire armies away and traveled great distances very quickly. To give you an idea of how fast Mace is, Anakin was able to navigate through hyperspace by just using his force senses. In the ROTS novelization, Anakin is actually present during Mace's fight with Sidious. They are discribed to be moving in and out of exsistence causing Anakin to have a hard time keeping track of them, though this may be due to Mace's AMP. Even without his AMP Mace is extremely fast. During his fight with Kar' Vastar, he landed six punches before the blink of an eye. Overall, even if Mace just isn't enough, he still would stand a chance. This would be no stomp, there would actually be a contest. Sidious would have to try. I think Mace would match Sidious in dueling due to Vaapad. However, when Sidious turned to his force abilities, he would gain the advantage. Mace is primarily a lightsaber duelist, not a force user. This does not mean he would be a pushover, it just means he would be a bit outclassed. In the end, I'm just going to wait till Antoine Bandele's "Mace Vs Sidious: Who was in Control?" video.

DarthAnt66
Ew, another YouTube debater. How did you find your way to KMC, if I may ask?

Sinious

Yes, Mace did have an insane AMP which was a one time thing. Yes, Sidious easily speed blitzed Agen Kolar and Tinn. But however, Mace has shown a very high skill level in force speed and physical augmentation. During the battles of Dantooine and Coruscant, he blasted entire armies away and traveled great distances very quickly. To give you an idea of how fast Mace is, Anakin was able to navigate through hyperspace by just using his force senses. In the ROTS novelization, Anakin is actually present during Mace's fight with Sidious. They are discribed to be moving in and out of exsistence causing Anakin to have a hard time keeping track of them, though this may be due to Mace's AMP. Even without his AMP Mace is extremely fast. During his fight with Kar' Vastar, he landed six punches before the blink of an eye. Overall, even if Mace just isn't enough, he still would stand a chance. This would be no stomp, there would actually be a contest. Sidious would have to try. I think Mace would match Sidious in dueling due to Vaapad. However, when Sidious turned to his force abilities, he would gain the advantage. Mace is primarily a lightsaber duelist, not a force user. This does not mean he would be a pushover, it just means he would be a bit outclassed. In the end, I'm just going to wait till Antoine Bandele's "Mace Vs Sidious: Who was in Control?" video.

OCW feats, especially the ones you're referring to aren't really taken that seriously. Windu has no showings to assume he'd stand a chance against Sidious.

EmperorSidious2
Mace rolling on floor laughing

Sidious: Happy Dance

I don't think Sidious could penetrate Mace's force wall so easily. Yes, Mace did have an insane AMP which was a one time thing. Yes, Sidious easily speed blitzed Agen Kolar and Tinn. But however, Mace has shown a very high skill level in force speed and physical augmentation. During the battles of Dantooine and Coruscant, he blasted entire armies away and traveled great distances very quickly. To give you an idea of how fast Mace is, Anakin was able to navigate through hyperspace by just using his force senses. In the ROTS novelization, Anakin is actually present during Mace's fight with Sidious. They are discribed to be moving in and out of exsistence causing Anakin to have a hard time keeping track of them, though this may be due to Mace's AMP. Even without his AMP Mace is extremely fast. During his fight with Kar' Vastar, he landed six punches before the blink of an eye. Overall, even if Mace just isn't enough, he still would stand a chance. This would be no stomp, there would actually be a contest. Sidious would have to try. I think Mace would match Sidious in dueling due to Vaapad. However, when Sidious turned to his force abilities, he would gain the advantage. Mace is primarily a lightsaber duelist, not a force user. This does not mean he would be a pushover, it just means he would be a bit outclassed. In the end, I'm just going to wait till Antoine Bandele's "Mace Vs Sidious: Who was in Control?" video.

Didn't he force push mace in the novel? Also I don't think the 2-D version is canon anymore as it doesn't go with maces regular powers. He doesn't stand a chance against Sidious without vaapad. He would have ended up just like kolar or Tinn or Fisto, however he will die and it is a stomp.

NewGuy01
Worked pretty fine against Maul and Dooku.

Was it?

Irrelevant, Sidious' is better, and physical augmentation won't save him from being thrown around like a rag doll. thumb up

Nothing Maul hasn't done.

Anakin having a hard time keeping track of Mace and Sidious with his eyes doesn't at all correlate with his astral navigation senses.

Why the hell are you capitalizing the word "amp"?

He delivered two punches in the blink of an eye*.

Self-contradictory much?

Sidious having to try doesn't make this a contest.

Your original post literally said that the Vaapad amp wouldn't be taken into consideration.

Bandele is trash, my friend. Stick around if you want to actually learn something.

Sinious
Well said. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Stick around if you want to actually learn something.
Please don't, actually. thumb up

It is bad enough having Nephthys.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

It is bad enough having Nephthys.

Didn't you have a crush on Neph when you thought he was a chick or something? :hmm

DarthAnt66
http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

ChaosTheory123
I probably should bookmark that smiley or something

Then again, that's still more effort than just going :maybe

TheNuisanceBird
Worked pretty fine against Maul and Dooku.

Was it?

Irrelevant, Sidious' is better, and physical augmentation won't save him from being thrown around like a rag doll. thumb up

Nothing Maul hasn't done.

Anakin having a hard time keeping track of Mace and Sidious with his eyes doesn't at all correlate with his astral navigation senses.

Why the hell are you capitalizing the word "amp"?

He delivered two punches in the blink of an eye*.

Self-contradictory much?

Sidious having to try doesn't make this a contest.

Your original post literally said that the Vaapad amp wouldn't be taken into consideration.

Okay, lets see,

I don't remmeber Maul pushing entire armies around. The about the one time amp thing, Mace was had grown up with the Republic he loved and found out the everything he had been fighting for. This realization gave him an amp. I was asumming that Vaapad would have it's normal capabilities. During the amp Vaapad worked like usual except better. In someones versus series video they claim to have a source that states that Dooku was able to stalemate Sidious in sparing. I don't see how this could happen but if it's true then Mace would be around his skill level. This does not mean that he could win against Sidious in a duel. It just means that their around the same skill level not dueling speed.

Bandele is trash, my friend. Stick around if you want to actually learn something.

Okay this is something I can't ignore. JK lol But yeah I am a fan. He is the most unbiassed of the Star Wars Versus Series main members and always backs himself up with facts and proof. I am deeply sorry if this thread has wasted any of your time. I am new to this site and didn't quite know what the members were like. Also does this site have a multiquote? I know you just did different parts of my post but what about other users.

Edit: Opps, trying to get the quoting right.

Trocity
Originally posted by Selenial

Nargaroth
Okay, lets see,

I don't remmeber Maul pushing entire armies around. The about the one time amp thing, Mace was had grown up with the Republic he loved and found out the everything he had been fighting for. This realization gave him an amp. I was asumming that Vaapad would have it's normal capabilities. During the amp Vaapad worked like usual except better. In someones versus series video they claim to have a source that states that Dooku was able to stalemate Sidious in sparing. I don't see how this could happen but if it's true then Mace would be around his skill level. This does not mean that he could win against Sidious in a duel. It just means that their around the same skill level not dueling speed.

Here's Maul's army feat, though he actually only seems to be hurling a few dozen droids:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137054/4254099-maul+force+wave1.jpg

As for Mace, read this:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/silver2467/blog/mace-windu-vs-darth-sidious-what-really-happened/77247/

The Vaapad amp was massive. However, it is true that Mace and Sidious are in the same skill tier, though Sidious is still better. But as far as Force goes, this is not debatable: Sidious would stomp Windu.

Beniboybling
Without an amp? Probably something like this:

http://share.gifyoutube.com/KzX2wg.gif

Windu doesn't stand a chance, and whoever claimed Dooku stalemated against Sidious are talking out of their ass.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Here's Maul's army feat, though he actually only seems to be hurling a few dozen droids:

It is entirely possible. Maul was after all able to pull down a Shuttle from a cliff. Some might say it was in his desperation due to his and Savage's injuries and that it was not in his normal capabilities. However, after escaping from Anakin and Obi-Wan Savage who was stated that had the potential to someday be Maul's equal, pushes their shuttle off the landing platform. I wouldn't consider this desperation although it may be because he was exiting the fight and decided to use his reserve strength.

Originally posted by Nargaroth

As for Mace, read this:

The Vaapad amp was massive. However, it is true that Mace and Sidious are in the same skill tier, though Sidious is still better. But as far as Force goes, this is not debatable: Sidious would stomp Windu.

OMG Yes I have read the full thing even before I joined this site lol. Yes I do agree with your verdict. Only Yoda could defeat Sidious. I actually think that if Yoda's spirit had not been broken by so many Jedi deaths he could have won.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Without an amp? Probably something like this:

Windu doesn't stand a chance, and whoever claimed Dooku stalemated against Sidious are talking out of their ass.

Hahaha, lol In terms of their force abilities yes. After all, it is a Youtuber who believes ROTJ Luke could beat ROTS Anakin and thinks Darth Malgus could take Yoda.

McP
Sidious stomps

Darth Thor
Both are using their force abilities, Sidious is not holding back, Mace DOES NOT have the AMP he did during the ROTS duel.

That's silly neutering Mace tbh.

Obviously he'll get stomped if he can't fight to the level he did in ROTS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.