Bane (TDKR) vs. Goro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place in the Octagon

FrothByte
Unless Bane can do a split-punch he's finished. Ehem *finish him* cough.

Surtur
Goro hears Banes voice and dies of laughter.

Tattoos N Scars
Don't think Bane can break Goro's back like he did Batman?

FrothByte
Nope. Goro probably breaks his back.

Surtur
I doubt Bane could even lift Goro up.

Tattoos N Scars
He might. I bet Lesnar could F5 him lol

FrothByte
Anyone have an idea how heavy Goro is? Probably twice as heavy as Baleman.

NemeBro
If he's only twice as heavy Bane shouldn't have much trouble lifting him, lol.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
If he's only twice as heavy Bane shouldn't have much trouble lifting him, lol.

Why is that? I we assume Baleman is around 250 lbs with his armor, then that would make Goro at least 500 lbs.

I don't know if Bane is strong enough to overhead press 500 lbs of fighting flesh above him. That said, you're right, Goro probably weighs more than that.

relentless1
lol what?? Bane gets ripped in half in 30 seconds

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
Why is that? I we assume Baleman is around 250 lbs with his armor, then that would make Goro at least 500 lbs.

I don't know if Bane is strong enough to overhead press 500 lbs of fighting flesh above him. That said, you're right, Goro probably weighs more than that. Because lifted that 250 pound man by the neck up off the ground with one hand and walked with him.

There isn't a human being alive who could lift 250 pounds with a single hand with such a poor grip. For reference, the Thomas Inch Dumbbell is considered almost impossible to lift, partly due to its weight (172 pounds), but mostly due to how thick the grip is (nearly three inches in diameter IIRC). Bane would need to have a superhumanly strong grip to lift a man weighing over two hundred pounds by his armoured neck up in the air.

Goro probably does weigh more though, and probably does win (I don't remember any feats of his that don't involve being punched in the nuts and pushed off a cliff though).

Tattoos N Scars
You think the venom fed Bane(controlled by Poison Ivy)could military press Goro?

FrothByte
If Goro doesn't fight back, sure. I just think it would be silly to grapple with a four armed 8 ft. freak.

BruceSkywalker
spite city... bane gets his back broken in a million pieces

relentless1
Bane w/ Venom (comics) could do it but not movie Bane

Sinious
I see you're making Bane threads everywhere.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because lifted that 250 pound man by the neck up off the ground with one hand and walked with him.

There isn't a human being alive who could lift 250 pounds with a single hand with such a poor grip. For reference, the Thomas Inch Dumbbell is considered almost impossible to lift, partly due to its weight (172 pounds), but mostly due to how thick the grip is (nearly three inches in diameter IIRC). Bane would need to have a superhumanly strong grip to lift a man weighing over two hundred pounds by his armoured neck up in the air.

Goro probably does weigh more though, and probably does win (I don't remember any feats of his that don't involve being punched in the nuts and pushed off a cliff though).

Thing is, he's not just grabbing the middle of his neck and holding him there by that. Usually when you see this down in wrestling and in the scene in question, they are using the persons' Jaw Line as support for them holding them in the air. It's helping to support the hold and thus not really like the Inch Dumbbell

DTM
Not sure who wins here, but Id support Bane being able to lift Goro over his head. He casually held Batman off the ground, and walked with him, with a single arm, using two arms, and some effort, he should be able to overhead Goro just fine. Bane is also a much better fighter, and noticeably quicker, than Goro, who basically beat low level guys, using strength alone.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thing is, he's not just grabbing the middle of his neck and holding him there by that. Usually when you see this down in wrestling and in the scene in question, they are using the persons' Jaw Line as support for them holding them in the air. It's helping to support the hold and thus not really like the Inch Dumbbell In wrestling they grab the man by the waist to aid in lifting them.

Just as you can't use the bell of the Thomas Inch to make it easier to lift, you can't use the jawline to do so.

Surtur
I could of been wrong, but I always thought Goro seemed like he was at least 800-1000 lbs.

KingD19
First off, for years I never had any idea Kevin Michael Richardson was the voice of Goro.

Secondly, Goro rapes him...with all 4 arms. One at a time. He one-shotted a few world class martial artists, and when he fought the good guys friends, he basically toyed with him the whole match. His playful hits were sending the guy reeling, then when Shang Tsung gave the okay, he killed him in one hit. Also he was strong enough to easily hold him off the ground with his bottom arms, and lift him completely over his head with his top arms while kneeling.

He could kill Bane with one good hit if he felt like it, especially considering how slow Bane is.

Inhuman
Goro rapes. Spite.

KuRuPT Thanosi
In wrestling they grab the man by the waist to aid in lifting them.

Just as you can't use the bell of the Thomas Inch to make it easier to lift, you can't use the jawline to do so.

The point I was making wasn't about the lifting of it or him, but the holding him in the air and walking with him. Once your elbow joint is locked and you're holding something about your head... You're using the ground to support a good amount of the weight. You can simply lift something up over your head arm locked and then hold that same without your elbow bent not totally over your head. You'll notice the strain is much worse like that. That what I was commenting on. The idea that him holding up batman and walking a little with him was overly impressive. Impressive sure, but not OMGZORZ he can life Goro for sure impressive!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.