DCnu Brainiac 5 Vs Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Not a battle of wits. A ni prep no BFR fight. Basic gear.

beatboks
Originally posted by riv6672
Not a battle of wits. A ni prep no BFR fight. Basic gear.
Is the underline supposed to be no prep???
If it's just an impromptu battle without BFR then Doom should stomp.
He brings more offensive capacity to the battle, standard gear for B5 has good defense but precious little else.
Doom's armor has weapons and he has magic.
With Pre Querl has much more of a shot, especially if he knows what he's up against. Still a god battle though.

riv6672
Yeah that was a typo. embarrasment stick out tongue

Now, normally i'd agree with you, but a month or two ago i started a B5 thread and was told he had quite a lot in the way of offense. I'll try and find it if anything.

riv6672
Here's a great post, with links, by beatboks, regarding B5's offense...

Originally posted by beatboks
1. B5wears a type of utility belt. Pre COIE it was slike 60's TV bat's belt and had everything he needed

https://ultraboy8888.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/adv_334_002.png

post Coie it's not cram packed like Batmans (thank god) but it still does have a few weapons.

2. Your making a false assumption that Booster's FF is exactly the same as B5's. It's not.

While the force field that Booster has incorporated into his suit IS that of Brainiac 5 it is not the same by quite a margin. Firstly it doesn't use the same power source as B5's. Remember Booster stole different energy cells from the space museum to power his gear (energy cells of alien origin- for some reason I can't find my copy of that issue for scans ATM). Second Brainy only left a single force field generator behind (to create a FF around Reagan), but his own force field has several. Thirdly Brainy himslef said when he examined the belt (from a time B4 he'd met booster) that it was a "poorly modified version" of his own.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Booster%20Gold/b5s%20ff%20belt%20badly%20modified.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Brainy is able to project force fields around others or use it as a force beam. The only one I know of to have gotten out of that was the Time Trapper.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oCH2B952Ims/VBjhkVkNorI/AAAAAAAARQg/pItHthMI7Ko/s1600/Legion380006.jpg

By Comparison Booster can't use his force field that way. The only time he did required him rewiring it through his blasters during battle.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Booster%20Gold/scan0007.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Booster%20Gold/scan0009.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

There is actually quite a bit of difference between the two in actual power level. Remember B5's FF actually allows one to enter the sun eater (a being that can devour a sun). Yet Doomsday can pound on Boosters enough to completely drain the power cells and make it inoperable.

Suneater ability to inflict damage >>>> Doomsday

beatboks
First that wasn't in the B5 thread as I recall but in the Booster thread. You questioned me why I rated Booster so much lower in a battle than Querl. I stand by it, but look at what offense I showed. Pre COIE Querl carried quite a few weapons as standard (hell he seemed to always have the one he needed just like Bat's). Post we're only talking a few things.

Now let's look at the weapons Doom has as standard.
His armor is forged from a titanium allow and was forged mystically and reinforced by magic in Tibet. It also has a force field, enhances his strength substantially, as well as his durability.

Offensively lasers, concussive force blasts, electric shockers, Rockets, Hypnosis ray, but MOST importantly his absorption tech. The stuff he uses to absorb the Power cosmic from SS, etc.

Added to all this he has his vast knowledge of magic which gives him even more avenues of attack.

What is to say he doesn't just drain all the power supply of Querl's gear to power his own. Without prep Querl won't have prepared for it and it's a standard move for Doom.

riv6672
Well, lets see...

I misremembered the almost identical threads. Whoops.

I gave you credit and called your post great. Welcome.

You upped B5's stock in my eyes, and i think this is a good match up. If you think he loses, i cant help that.

beatboks
Well, lets see...

I misremembered the almost identical threads. Whoops.

I gave you credit and called your post great. Welcome.

You upped B5's stock in my eyes, and i think this is a good match up. If you think he loses, i cant help that.

B5 is great and IMO a prep match between these two would be a bloody great match. I just think that Doom has a too much an advantage in an impromptu encounter due to having more standard gear plus magic knowledge, especially with BFR denied.

Now with BFR on the table than he could use his force field projectors to send doom a few continents away to give him a chance to even things up once he realizes the offensive capacity he faces. While Doom is returning from the BFR he could rewire one force field projector into an energy weapons, or tame trap, phantom zone projector or something like that and even it up.

riv6672
Thanks for the response.

Good idea on the ff projection. Thats still a viable tactic, given the standard starting distance in these match ups, the field of battle is at least that large...

Surtur
But this is DCnu and yet you are listing feats from pre crisis versions. What are his best feats since the reboot? What puts him on the level he can compete with a prepped Doom?

Zack M
What are some feats for DCNU? I can't recall any.

riv6672
You know, with both known to employ force fields, it might end up like two guys in sumo suits, just bouncing off each other...erm

Zack M
Huh?

riv6672
BOING!
http://costumei.com/pictures/2013/03/Two-People-Wearing-Sumo-Costumes.jpg

Zack M
Originally posted by Zack M
What are some feats for DCNU? I can't recall any.

Prof. T.C McAbe
B5's intelligence is superior but Doom is ready to cheat in any waypossible, he should win.

riv6672
Doom doesnt cheat. He just...makes his own rules.

Zack M
So, we're using 3boot Brainy?

riv6672
New 52 if thats what 3boot means.

Zack M
Legion hasn't really appeared except for one showing.

Mindset
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
B5's intelligence is superior No it isn't.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Mindset
No it isn't.

laughing out loud

Zack M
B5 is definitely a peer to Doom. His most formidable version, of course.

The Nuul
Doombots only lose to characters and on forums, the actual Doom never shows up. Thus, he always wins.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Nuul
Doombots only lose to characters and on forums, the actual Doom never shows up. Thus, he always wins. thumb up

quanchi112
Doom wins, easily.

riv6672
B5 is definitely a peer to Doom. His most formidable version, of course.
Doom's most powerful to B5? Or the other way around?

Zack M
Doom's most powerful to B5? Or the other way around?

Depends on which B5 you are using.

riv6672
Oh, i see. DCnu, then.

Zack M
There really isn't a DCnU version.

RadZoa
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
B5's intelligence is superior but Doom is ready to cheat in any waypossible, he should win. I have to agree with you here. Characters like Batman, Thanos and to a lesser extent Doom are prime examples that you don't have to be smarter than someone to actually outsmart them, you can do so by just thinking outside the box, being creative or in extreme cases simply cheating or using underhanded tactics.

riv6672
There really isn't a DCnU version.

confused

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/83/ea/cc/83eacc12ae85717ba80a6894f94e8c3a.jpg

krisblaze
Brainiac calls on Luke Cage.

Cage hits Doom's armour twice in the same spot and he's defeated.

Either that or Brainiac gets spidey or squirrel girl to help him.

Or maybe he has a bazooka.

DarkSaint85
confused

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/83/ea/cc/83eacc12ae85717ba80a6894f94e8c3a.jpg

As Zack said, hasn't REALLY been a DCnU version. He's appeared in like 3 issues, and didn't showcase much in the way of offence/defence.

riv6672
Well i never considered him offense heavy (in any incarnation) till Beatboks gave me a talking to. Still, if this is a Doom win, no shame in that, i think.

Zack M
That's still 3boot, IIRC.

Surtur
Originally posted by RadZoa
I have to agree with you here. Characters like Batman, Thanos and to a lesser extent Doom are prime examples that you don't have to be smarter than someone to actually outsmart them, you can do so by just thinking outside the box, being creative or in extreme cases simply cheating or using underhanded tactics.

This would be a fine point..except nobody has really given a reason why B5 is smarter. Also while Batman is good he really isn't on the level of Doom or Thanos when it comes to intellect.

You talk about how you can outsmart someone who is smarter then you via cheating, but I would argue if that person is truly that much smarter they should of known you'd cheat to win.

beatboks
Originally posted by Surtur
This would be a fine point..except nobody has really given a reason why B5 is smarter. Also while Batman is good he really isn't on the level of Doom or Thanos when it comes to intellect.

You talk about how you can outsmart someone who is smarter then you via cheating, but I would argue if that person is truly that much smarter they should of known you'd cheat to win.

I wouldnt say its done by cheating but by thinkng in another "out of the box" way. As an example, Vrill Dox II has defeated both his father Brainiac, and his son Lyrl who are undeniably smarter. He also took the plan Querl had sent back in time to him and turned it on its ear to create something more creative to combat Starro. Brainiac, Querl, and Lyrl are all 12th level genius while Vril is only a 10th. All the other Brainiacs (not that you'd ever hear Vrill call himself that) are vastly more capable in multiple areas of science while Vrill is undeniably more adept at psychological games, knowing the motivations of others and orchestrating them. Most of those who can "outsmart" greater Intelligences fall under that pervue. In this instance (and lets be honest I'm thinking mostly pre 52 B5) Doom is the one more capable of that out of the box thinking while B5 I
is the cold straight scientist

Surtur
Okay, but what has he done that makes him more of a "straight scientist" then Doom?

Zack M
Both characters have done some amazing things with tech, so it's hard. SA B5 created a device that channels every joul of energy in the universe to do what he wishes. He also understands the workings of the Miracle Machine. Universal/Multiversal device that can basically do anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.