What is actually canon and a alternate universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
I am having alittle trouble understanding what is "supposed" to be canon besides the movies. Where do all the games, comics, and novels come into place ?

what is considered an alternate universe by us fans? and the people making star wars?
what is considered canon? or fanon?
what are the legends considered?

I personally do not give a crap what disney says is canon and what isn't, before they took over I considered most of the starwars universe as the actual story, and I still do personally.

I do not really consider any of it an alternate universe, except maybe a couple of games.

Zenwolf
Alt Universe= DS endings in games, The Star Wars series, Infinity Storylines

Canon= Books/Comics that are coming out now unless under a Legends label, movies, TCW and Rebels

Legends= Anything prior to Disney purchasing Star Wars

Darth Demenos
What exactly does it mean if it is considered legends?

carthage
Non canon

Darth Demenos
ok thank you

Darth Thor
Not canon, but anything from Legends can be borrowed in actual Canon. Any characters, names, places, even whole plot ideas.

Darth Luminous
Originally posted by Darth Demenos
I am having alittle trouble understanding what is "supposed" to be canon besides the movies.

Originally posted by Darth Demenos I personally do not give a crap what disney says is canon and what isn't

But then your question is kind of meaningless...

Revanchiste
Some stuff still canon, it is not official but it is canon..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.