World Wide Terrorism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
More terror attacks strike Paris with beheadings, Tunisa and Kuwait.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/africa/tunisia-terror-attack/

Star428
Yes... Meanwhile, here at home people are more concerned about the Confederate flag flying and banning anything associated with it (like Dukes of Hazard) when evidence has been shown that ISIS has a base not far from Texas border. Glad to see so many Americans have their priorities in order. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stoic
Terrorism is everywhere. Let's not kid ourselves.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Star428
Yes... Meanwhile, here at home people are more concerned about the Confederate flag flying and banning anything associated with it (like Dukes of Hazard) when evidence has been shown that ISIS has a base not far from Texas border. Glad to see so many Americans have their priorities in order. roll eyes (sarcastic)
So glad your reaction to these tragedies is to criticize your political enemies on an entirely unrelated subject. You're the one whose priorities need a tune up.

jaden101
Does anybody believe there would be these attacks in Tunisia if the UK and France hadn't caused the Gaddafi regime to collapse in neighbouring Libya?

Ionceknewu
Originally posted by jaden101
Does anybody believe there would be these attacks in Tunisia if the UK and France hadn't caused the Gaddafi regime to collapse in neighbouring Libya?

Nope

Time-Immemorial

Hillary killed Gaddafi though.

Ionceknewu
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

I think his African currency based on a gold standard was what got him killed tbh.

Omega Vision
There were terrorist attacks in the Maghreb before Gadaffi fell.

Flyattractor

Hillary has gotten a lot of people killed.

Star428
Originally posted by Stoic

So is racism and hate. Are people so naive to think that banning the Confederate flag and things like 'Gone With the Wind' is going to change that? If anything, it will only make it MUCH worse. Despite the fact that it's been banned by national retailers the sales of it are up exponentially everywhere else. In some places as much as 3000%.

Bardock42
So is racism and hate. Are people so naive to think that banning the Confederate flag and things like 'Gone With the Wind' is going to change that? If anything, it will only make it MUCH worse. Despite the fact that it's been banned by national retailers the sales of it are up exponentially everywhere else. In some places as much as 3000%.

Well, I guess we'll see how it'll be in 10 years.

Genesis-Soldier

agreed, just because we can see it now/ because it feels 'closer to home' doesn't mean we need to ignore the fact stuff like Rape, murder and torture happen everyday

Stoic

I'm not patriotic. Not to this country or this planet. I actually hate this entire place passionately. I'm not going to be on the news or anything like that. I'm just going to live my life the best way that I can, and die. This is the United States of America, and not the United Confederate States. I don't see what the big deal is, if the Confederate flag was decommissioned and placed in a museum? It hurts people because of several outstanding dark spots that plague it's history. I understand what you're saying, but slavery was a very real thing, and many people would like to see it return even to this day. Aside from that, and as far as I can tell, you don't have to look very far to see terrorism. It's right here in the US. Gang warfare is on the rise, grown men and women are out of work and have children to take care of, and in many of those cases they may be out of work because of the color of their skin, or gender preferences. That's terrorism. America is a disgusting place, but that could be very difficult to see, if it is the only place that you know.

Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
agreed, just because we can see it now/ because it feels 'closer to home' doesn't mean we need to ignore the fact stuff like Rape, murder and torture happen everyday

You have to ask yourself how gangs become as large as they do. Violent gang members are in fact terrorists. Racists are in fact terrorists, because they help to fuel confusion with skewed hateful ideologies. You'll always notice that it's the soft headed, and weak willed that are the foot soldiers of vile men and women. The problem here, is that there are so many of them. You can see them everywhere. Just look at the ones that follow fashion trends even at the risk of looking like first class idiots. Albert Einstein said it best when he said that "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds".

psmith81992
I don't get it. America is a disgusting place yet you're still here. Why?

Star428
Originally posted by psmith81992

That's a damn good question. Pretty sure no one is keeping him from leaving.

psmith81992
I mean good luck finding a better place to live. I've been to the European countries that tout a better standard of living than the US (Norway/Finland/Denmark/Sweden). Apparently standard of living means something different in Europe.

Bentley
More terror attacks strike Paris with beheadings, Tunisa and Kuwait.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/africa/tunisia-terror-attack/

The beheading didn't happen in Paris, it was in the countryside next to Lyon. It was an employer that got beheaded by an employee and then the latter was captured before he tried to blow up a factory.

Stoic

I was born here, but I am a naturalized citizen of Canada. I'm waiting for my contract to be over, and then I'll move somewhere in Canada. Don't get me wrong, all countries have slime on them, and there is no perfect place. It's the crimes, the racism, and the lack of control over the gangs that has me disgusted, as well as the policies that have plagued America for just about ever. Maybe it's just jersey that has me shook? I don't know. Being so close to NYC makes living here very difficult. But like i said terrorism is everywhere. Other places (other countries) are just better at it.

That's a damn good question. Pretty sure no one is keeping him from leaving.

I just wish that people as a whole could come together, and help each other instead of trying to tear each other apart. I see that a lot here, and it's getting worse. My contract is what keeps me here for now, but when its up, I'm out. I also feel compelled to hang around to help my elderly grandmother. she's sick, and I know that when i leave, she'll be shipped off to an elderly home, and from my experience she won't live very long once that happens.

Time-Immemorial
Ah but as long as we live in a two party system that plays on the weakness of men. This will never be. It's easy to control the masses when you can play 50% of the people against the other 50%

Stoic
Ah but as long as we live in a two party system that plays on the weakness of men. This will never be. It's easy to control the masses when you can play 50% of the people against the other 50%

Yes, and well said. This country in fact has hidden policies that keep people segregated, but like I said before, there are too many people that are unable to see the basic truths behind this. While on the other hand there are too few that do see it and are unwilling to show or enlighten the seemingly blind masses of sheep that are more than willing to consume anything set before them. Then again every country has their agendas that they indoctrinate the populace with. Canada has the CRTC set in place to keep the people blind to many of the things that are actually going on in the world. It goes on and on friend.

psmith81992
Ah yes. The old "sheeple" post from the incredibly insecure. Haven't heard that one since college.

Stoic
Ah yes. The old "sheeple" post from the incredibly insecure. Haven't heard that one since college.

What makes you assume that I'm insecure, and not exactly what I wrote on how I felt about things? Read what I wrote critically, and carefully, or I may accuse you of having a comprehension deficiency. I would also like you to prove that everyone that you see on the streets are naturally born leaders, and not followers. Can you do that for me, or did you just show up to make an ass out of yourself? If that was your plan leave me out of it.

Genesis-Soldier

You have to ask yourself how gangs become as large as they do. Violent gang members are in fact terrorists. Racists are in fact terrorists, because they help to fuel confusion with skewed hateful ideologies. You'll always notice that it's the soft headed, and weak willed that are the foot soldiers of vile men and women. The problem here, is that there are so many of them. You can see them everywhere. Just look at the ones that follow fashion trends even at the risk of looking like first class idiots. Albert Einstein said it best when he said that "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds".

I totally agree, but honestly given all the horrible and brutal things that go on around the world that we know about can we really be surprised at how idiotic and stupid the human race can be on an individual and interpersonal level.

we can only do so much on an institutional level to educate people into proving that their is a bigger threat to man then just man alone, but getting back to the ideology point. we allow ignorance to go unheaded and that inturn roots into individualism or following the crowd into believing that their beliefs or religion or ideaology is correct or the true one

its as you said, the racists, the gang members and all the vile men and women are infact everywhere. because we let them go unheeded and have failed to educate them why this shit is wrong

Star428
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
I totally agree, but honestly given all the horrible and brutal things that go on around the world that we know about can we really be surprised at how idiotic and stupid the human race can be on an individual and interpersonal level.

we can only do so much on an institutional level to educate people into proving that their is a bigger threat to man then just man alone, but getting back to the ideology point. we allow ignorance to go unheaded and that inturn roots into individualism or following the crowd into believing that their beliefs or religion or ideaology is correct or the true one

its as you said, the racists, the gang members and all the vile men and women are infact everywhere. because we let them go unheeded and have failed to educate them why this shit is wrong

You wanna talk about "ignorance"? OK... Ignorance is believing that the Confederate battle flag represents slavery or hate when all it really represents is Southern heritage. I don't give a shit what any ignorant yank thinks or anybody else for that matter. Only a very small percentage of southerners owned any slaves at all and most of the men and boys who died under that banner didn't give two shits about slaves one or the other. Most fought for their home and for state's rights. PERIOD.

No slaves were shipped to the New World under a Confederate flag. Guess how many were shipped under "Old Glory"? That's right... ALL OF THEM. And yet, no one is claiming that the stars and stripes is a "racist flag" or that it should be banned. No one is bitching about tearing down the Lincoln Memorial either or removing Abe from our money despite the fact that he was clearly a racist (just google and see the mountain of evidence yourself) judging by the standards of what people consider a "racist" to be today. Another fun fact, since so many people seem so ignorant of this too I will bring it up: there were several states that practiced slavery and also remained loyal to the union. Guess which flag they continuerd to fly? Yep. Old Glory.

I'm tired of all the goddamned double standards. If Confederate flag and things like Dukes of Hazzard should be banned then so should Old Glory and anything associated with Lincoln. People should stop being such phucking hypocrites and practice what they phucking preach.

Bardock42
You wanna talk about "ignorance"? OK... Ignorance is believing that the Confederate battle flag represents slavery or hate when all it really represents is Southern heritage. I don't give a shit what any ignorant yank thinks or anybody else for that matter. Only a very small percentage of southerners owned any slaves at all and most of the men and boys who died under that banner didn't give two shits about slaves one or the other. Most fought for their home and for state's rights. PERIOD.

No slaves were shipped to the New World under a Confederate flag. Guess how many were shipped under "Old Glory"? That's right... ALL OF THEM. And yet, no one is claiming that the stars and stripes is a "racist flag" or that it should be banned. No one is bitching about tearing down the Lincoln Memorial either or removing Abe from our money despite the fact that he was clearly a racist (just google and see the mountain of evidence yourself) judging by the standards of what people consider a "racist" to be today. Another fun fact, since so many people seem so ignorant of this too I will bring it up: there were several states that practiced slavery and also remained loyal to the union. Guess which flag they continuerd to fly? Yep. Old Glory.

I'm tired of all the goddamned double standards. If Confederate flag and things like Dukes of Hazzard should be banned then so should Old Glory and anything associated with Lincoln. People should stop being such phucking hypocrites and practice what they phucking preach.

To arrive at that opinion you have to disregard all the ways in which the US Flag and the Confederate Flag are different though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.