THE RING Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maul's woman
I finally got to see the original Japanese version. I loved it.

I also got to see RINGU 2 and RINGU 0 (Prequel). I've enjoyed those as well. That bone breaking zombie attack at the end threw me! Yeow! Very scary. An Excellent effect.

There is a 4th one but I think they should not have bothered.

Have you seen them and what do you think?

BackFire349
i havent seen the japanese ones, i saw the remake and thought it was very over rated.

KidRock
Whats the prequal like? Does it tell how the video is made?

Augeybana
There's a fourth on???

maul's woman
The prequel hints at the possibility of how the video was made. But it was mainly the story of Sadako herself. How what happened turned into this vengeful spirit. Actually I should say Sadako "herselves". :O Very interesting. I won't spoil it for you but its interesting to see the prequel. Actually Sadako (Samara in the American version) is not a little girl but a actress understudy with some psychic problems. There is a little girl in the story who causes all the trouble. Her name is Sadako also. Conjoined twins. You will have to see the film for yourself.

The 4th story is called "Spiral" and it involves all the characters who are dead already but come back into the living world. I just think this movie contaminates everything. Even Sadako returns to life. This film is more like some sexual foray. Rats! It should have been left alone. It all didn't even make any logical sense. There is also some very serious continuity problems with it too.

SmokingIrishman
I saw the American movie, and the preview for Ringu. I thought it was a freaky movie, good plot (and some of the scenes tickled my loathsomely antiquarian fancy.)

hayden's minx
I like the japanese ring 2 but I didn't really get the well bit but then again I was wrestling at the time.

maul's woman
Loathsome Irishman??? I don't understand what you are referring to.

Anyway, what is it about the well scene you don't understand Hayden's Minx? It seems Sakado has the mental power to project people to where she died. Being that Woman with the boy was the only one who beat the "curse". Survived whereas everyone else either died or was mentally destroyed by it. Sadako lost her mental hold on that woman. Goblin power broken. She was a goblin. But in the American version Samara's origin was a complete mystery. Anyway the American version is the combination of the three Japanese originals.

Forget the 4th film. totally off the mark.

noodles
The remake was not as good as any of the original movies. Ring o was exceptional, considering that it was actually the third in the series. For anyone who enjoyed the series, i recommend 'The Eye', also japanese. By the way, Smoking Irishman, that quote didn't originate in Dublin, thank god.

Augeybana
Damn got to start back watching been awhile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.