Darth Caedus vs. ROTJ Vader/Mara Jade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

Mara as of Sacrifice

*EU Vader feats only

NewGuy01
Y THE ERAS NO INCLUDE PROPER BALANCE OF COMBAT. http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/3377345079.gif

You have failed us Cart. http://r30.imgfast.net/users/3013/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif

carthage
mmm

Angelalex242
...Ya know what? Team, as long as Mara has the chance to go Assassin mode on him. She almost had him on her own, till he pulled that poison dart out. But poison darts do jackall to Vader....

Seriously, adding Vader to the battle of Sacrifice as written would get him.

carthage
Mara doesn't get any prep

Angelalex242
How much prep did she really have in sacrifice? That's mostly using your environment wisely.

Seriously, her prep was 'crash land on random planet. Oh hey tunnels! Let's do this!'

Trocity
She dropped a cave on him right off the bat and was rage amped. She also had a shoto and vibro dagger in a confined space versus Jacen's lightsaber.

Caedus wins, he removes Mara with TK and then outduels Vader.

Angelalex242
Mara's not that easy to get rid of, or Caedus would've actually done that in Sacrifice. For whatever reason, he didn't, and had to rely on a damn poison dart.

What I'm thinking, given an environment with cover, is that Vader draws fire (Caedus won't take dear old granddad quickly) while Mara does her assassin thing. Caedus probably dies due to a literal stab in the back while he's trying to deal with grandpa.

Though I admit the pair's going to lose if for some reason Mara can't go assassin. She really does need that to provide Vader enough support. The rage amp is inconsequential against a foe of Caedus's caliber. Doesn't give her anything close to enough to contend with him. That was (almost) all assassin mode.

Trocity
You ignored lots of what happened but alright.

Trocity

Trocity
Caedus just needs room to operate and to not have any injuries going into the fight, something that seems to be a recurring theme in a lot of his Legacy fights. ( I really apologize for triple posting, the edit option appears to be glitched for me tonight )

carthage
He actually has never had an occurrence where he's been 100% in a duel with force users, lol. With Jaina he was being hit by a mind assault/illusions from Luke, with Mara she restricted his movements with the tunnels/injured him by snipping his tendons, with the the strike team he was injured from fighting Luke. Poor guy can never catch a break.

Even when he slaughtered all of the Vong soldiers in Traitor he was exhausted from working.

SunRazer
He was in fine condition when he fought Luke.

AncientPower
Mara lets Caedus tk her out of the fight, whilst Vader does his best to hold him off Mara hides her Force presence and delivers a severe wound, hit and running him whilst Vader makes it too hard for him to go hunting.

Trocity
Originally posted by carthage
He actually has never had an occurrence where he's been 100% in a duel with force users, lol. With Jaina he was being hit by a mind assault/illusions from Luke, with Mara she restricted his movements with the tunnels/injured him by snipping his tendons, with the the strike team he was injured from fighting Luke. Poor guy can never catch a break.

Even when he slaughtered all of the Vong soldiers in Traitor he was exhausted from working.

thumb up

They even have him mock Ben with the whole "look behind you, I'll never fall for that" thing while Luke gets the jump on him and punctures his kidney right at the start of their fight.

He really can't catch a break lol. The writing throughout Legacy was very poor and inconsistent.

My edit option is working again smile

Angelalex242
Everything posted from Sacrifice shows tactical ingenuity. She sets herself up to win. One does not stand in front of a freight train and expect to win. One derails it.

However, I must point out all the tactical advantages she had, she set up all by herself. She had no help whatever.

Trocity
lol

Angelalex242
What? When I talk about 'assassin mode' everything you just posted demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about.

Trocity
I guess I'm just curious as to how it would work for her in a neutral ground setting when she usually doesn't fare so well in confrontations like that, i.e Lumiya.

Sure, if she executes hit and run tactics, drops a cave on him, lures him into an environment that gives her shoto/vibro dagger the edge, has a rage amp coupled with poor/inconsistent writing, she could ALMOST kill Caedus.

NewGuy01
Lol @ it being poor writing that Mara could challenge an injured Caedus with environmental and emotional advantages.

Not seeing him beating them both, tbh.

Angelalex242
Well...can she execute hit and run tactics?

Probably, because Vader is a tank and he's not the sort of guy you can afford to leave yourself open to. He really can't afford to take much attention off dear old granddad, leaving hit and run a viable choice.

Can she control the environment?

Unless it's a flat, featureless plane, yes. Anything else helps. In a forest, she'd drop a tree on him in like fashion. In an urban environment, she'd drop a ceiling or a lamppost on him. In short, debris is going on a date with his head in quantity. If it's there in the first place.

Can she give her two shorter weapons an advantage? Sure. And if she can't, she's still got her purple full length blade. Among other things, Vader's still throwing everything he's got at his grandson, and Caedus can't afford to take it lightly. It must be remembered that Vader did manage to work with a very young Mara as Emperor's Hand, back in the day, so she has a pretty good idea of what her father in law can do.

And yet, turning away from Mara's likely to get him shanked by assassin tactics. If it were D&D, you could picture flanking+sneak attack to get an idea of what's happening to Caedus.

Rage amp? Probably the least important part of her arsenal. Besides, Vader has rage enough for two. (Even if he's mostly angry at himself, usually)

Trocity
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lol @ it being poor writing that Mara could challenge an injured Caedus with environmental and emotional advantages.

Not seeing him beating them both, tbh.

You thought the writing was good in Legacy?

I'm not saying the poor writing was the reason Mara could challenge him, I was noting how inconsistent and bad the writing in Legacy was - it was a small note at the end of my argument.

Lol @ your air of superiority, passive aggressive message though.

carthage
I think Denning just tried to make the fights more realistic and similar to brawling overall. That being said I think the team has a shot

Trocity
Originally posted by Trocity
You thought the writing was good in Legacy?

I'm not saying the poor writing was the reason Mara could challenge him, I was noting how inconsistent and bad the writing in Legacy was - it was a small note at the end of my argument.

Lol @ your air of superiority, passive aggressive message though.

Oh man, I forgot I wrote this. This is early morning, pre-coffee me LOL, I'm such a prick.

Raptor22
Team takes this. Mara almost killed him in their first encounter and having Vader as a teammate is a bigger advantage than fighting in a cave and having a shoto.

NewGuy01
Nope.

It's no excuse either way tbh.

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
Mara lets Caedus tk her out of the fight, whilst Vader does his best to hold him off Mara hides her Force presence and delivers a severe wound, hit and running him whilst Vader makes it too hard for him to go hunting.

>Mara lets Caedus tk her out of the fight, whilst Vader does his best to hold him off Mara hides her Force presence and delivers a severe wound, hit and running him

>hit and running him

>hit and run

>it's the police sir your son was killed by a hit and run driver, the driver was an alcohol

AncientPower
Hit and run, ambush, batmanning. I don't give a shit what you call it mr. "Yoda is a predictable duelist and loses to Vader" Jensaarai.

Trocity
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

What a set by AP, as if!

carthage
Let's all point at AP and laugh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AncientPower
Jensaarai.

???

Angelalex242
Really terrible youtube video maker. He does vs. battles much like these.

Others of his ilk include Antoine, Evannova, and Greyjedi. They generally do a better job then Jensaari.

ILS
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Really terrible youtube video maker. He does vs. battles much like these.

Others of his ilk include Antoine, Evannova, and Greyjedi. They generally do a better job then Jensaari. **** you

Trocity
I could have sworn he used to repeat points from those very same videos until people told him they were garbage lol.

Angelalex242
I did. No harm in admitting to learning something. Life is about learning after all.

Zampanó
Legacy was... not great:

Trocity
I guess he let go of the lightsaber to grab the dart, only way I can make sense of it. Otherwise, when she arched her back, bringing both shoto and vibroblade up high, he could have just swept his lightsaber across her.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
**** you

When comes the next video?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.