Confederate flag is not about slavery or hate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
Don't let Dylann Roof or KKK define what the Confederate symbol stands for:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/06/ dont_let_dylann_roof_and_the_splc_define_the_confe
derate_flag.html

Bardock42
The confederate flag is solely about slavery. It is irredeemable. The South should have a symbol, but it should not be this one shrouded in racism and hatred.

psmith81992
I'm conservative and even I refrain from posting american thinker articles.

Nephthys
I'm not an American, so correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Confederate government state:

"Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."

Kinda seems like thats what the confederate flag is about from that......

Time-Immemorial
Funny Clinton signed a law as governor honoring the confederate Flag, when he ran for Presidenf he had a Clinton/Gore Pin with the flag on it, he also belongs to a white only golf club to this day.

At a funeral for Senator Robert Bird a staunch KKK member lead the philabuster against the American Civil Liberty Act.
Bill Clinton was making excuses for a this guy at his funeral.

Talk about bullshit. Liberals would have no standards if they didn't have a double standard.

Not to mention the people that started the confederacy where liberal Democrates and

Star428
Not sure why that link isn't working. I double, triple, and quadruple checked that I typed it in correctly.Anyway, the link to the relevant article is on the page that the link in OP sends you to. It's over on the right center side of page under "Recent articles". The third or fourth article down from top.

Ushgarak
We don't need another thread on this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.